Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Houston Bank Story

cheerful1

Thanks for the post. If you were not a VIP member I would probably call B.S. but want to give you the benefit of the doubt with all the bank stories out lately. Hope she was right, if you hear anything else get back to us. God Bless!

• Upvote 1

I haven't been a member very long, however I have been lurking for some time.

I read almost everything accessible to "guests" that the archives had to offer, before I not only registered, but decided that a workman is worthy of his hire, and purchased the platinum package.

Thanks Adam, Mods, and all the contributors for the information and entertainment that is offered here.

To the story...

Today I went into my Capital One bank at Southwest Freeway and Buffalo Speedway to make a deposit.

They are all trained to greet customers as they come in, so I looked up when the teller greeted me as I sauntered up to the little deposit form table to fill out a couple of slips.

It was a teller that had only been there about the past 6-9 months. She is always dressed in muslim garb and has a very sweet, outgoing personality.

I said Hi back to her as I filled out the slips, then took them up to her, being the only customer in the bank at the moment.

As she processed the deposits, looking at the burqa just made me think "dinar". So I just had to ask...

"So, are ya'll about ready to start cashing in the Iraqi dinar?"

She didn't blink an eye, just had her usual smile and said "Not yet, we're very close, but it is not ready yet."

I said "Is that the Official word?"

She said "That is what they are telling us, right now."

She then asked, "Do you have a lot of dinar?"

I said (false modesty apparent) "I have a few."

I said "Didn't you guys used to sell the dinar?"

She said "Yes, but we stopped about 2 months ago."

I said "I am having to buy mine at 1st Convenience Bank now."

She said "They are still selling the dinar?"

I said "Yeah, but it takes about 3 weeks to get it after you put in your order."

She said "When we were selling it, it was only a day or two wait."

Then she asked "Does it take that long for any other currencies that you exchange?"

I said "The dinar is the only one that I have exchanged."

I heard sounds of restlessness behind me and turned to find that customers were in the line waiting for the only teller. Trying to be considerate, I quickly ended the conversation with a "thank you", to which she responded, "please come back and see us".

This conversation made me feel a little better until a thought struck me. You big dummy, the way she seemed so confident about the nearness of the RV, she might have even been privy to the rate or at least a range...I had forgotten to ask.

Just a FYI, not a pumper. I have all the dinar that I will probably ever purchase. (millions)

I am also one of those who do not like hearing about people in bad times doing stupid, desperate things which usually dig them a deeper hole. Please DO NOT BUY DINAR because of this simple, personal story.

I just thought I would share my personal experience with you guys. My wife got a kick out of it. I think we're close, but keeping grounded.

Always the

Cheerful1

Thanks for your post Cheerful1. I'm in Sugar Land. Send me a PM so we can compare local Houston notes

• Upvote 1

KEEP GROUNDED?!!!!!!

ANYBODY THAT RUNS OUT AND BUYS MORE DINAR BECAUSE SOME INDIVIDUAL SPOKE TO A BANK TELLER, DOES NOT NEED ADVICE, THEY NEED TO HAVE THERE HEAD EXAMINED.

THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD MAKING A VERY LOT OF MONEY DUE TO PEOPLE BEING VERY EASILY INFLUENCED , NOT JUST IN DINAR WORLD. FLOCKING SAD.

THANX,

Richie V.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

The other thing you didn't ask to get clarification on is WHO IS THEY?

That is what they are telling her. So is they upper management from the bank? Is they just what they are hearing from other customers saying they heard it is suppose to RV anytime?

There are thousands of people contacting these banks across the country and many are telling these banks that the dinar is suppose to RV any time now. So they could be anyone. No one seems to ever confirm who they specifically are. And if they is a manager in the bank, who they that manager heard it from? One of their customers or from upper management outside of this bank? They could be anyone that could or not mean anything depending on who they are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The other thing you didn't ask to get clarification on is WHO IS THEY?

That is what they are telling her. So is they upper management from the bank? Is they just what they are hearing from other customers saying they heard it is suppose to RV anytime?

There are thousands of people contacting these banks across the country and many are telling these banks that the dinar is suppose to RV any time now. So they could be anyone. No one seems to ever confirm who they specifically are. And if they is a manager in the bank, who they that manager heard it from? One of their customers or from upper management outside of this bank? They could be anyone that could or not mean anything depending on who they are.

Hi Party Time,

FWIW, she seemed to be talking about hearing through the company "filter". You know, the way it's handed down to a branch manager from above, then to the head teller, etc, etc...

It did not come across at all as if she were talking about any one outside of CapitalOne.

Wait a minute, could it possibly be, that this woman, closely wrapped in modest apparel, could have the DinarVets nick of "Party Time"? Just kidding... :lol:

Not to rehash, she just seemed sweet, sincere and confident about the imminent revalue.

BTW, thanks everybody for the +

Always the

Cheerful1

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice try. No bank at that locale. Been there many times. Get your addresses correct Okie, Irish, Slade, whoever you are. You are full of monkey doo doo. Please get your facts straight before you try to pump again.

Thanks

There 's branch very close on Westpark...

So where in the original post are you seeing this "Pumping"?

• Upvote 5

Nice try. No bank at that locale. Been there many times. Get your addresses correct Okie, Irish, Slade, whoever you are. You are full of monkey doo doo. Please get your facts straight before you try to pump again.

Thanks

If you are really familiar with that locale, then you know that the first street running parallel with 59 to the south is Westpark. There is a Kroger Signature store at the very back, but there is a CapitalOne at the front. You really can come across as a jerk sometimes, but I guess it just may be that you have other issues you are dealing with. Try it (google) you can see it from the sky or the street.

3207 Westpark Dr.

Houston, TX 77005

Near the intersection of Westpark and Buffalo Speedway(1blk from Southwest Freeway)

• Upvote 12

Thanks

In the immortal words of Walter Matthau as Max Goldman in Grumpy Old Men, "Up yours, Gustaffson!"

• Upvote 1

While I normally roll my eyes :rolleyes: at "bank rumors", just the fact cheerful1 that you bought the platinum package makes me give you a little more credibility then I do the average newbie who has "astounding news" to give us on his second post, 3 hours after joining. +1 and welcome to the site.

pp

If you are really familiar with that locale, then you know that the first street running parallel with 59 to the south is Westpark. There is a Kroger Signature store at the very back, but there is a CapitalOne at the front. You really can come across as a jerk sometimes, but I guess it just may be that you have other issues you are dealing with. Try it (google) you can see it from the sky or the street.

3207 Westpark Dr.

Houston, TX 77005

Near the intersection of Westpark and Buffalo Speedway(1blk from Southwest Freeway)

A worthy adversary I say. +1, please give him ( tjmunson ) some slack as he has been bombarded alot, and in my opinion for the most part did not deserve it.

JMHO, pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 2