Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3

Sirius

this is scare tatics the debt celling has nothing to do with entitlements he is not being truthful. just like when he said if we dont pass the stimulus the world would fall apart and now laughes about things not being so shovel ready because he sent all that money to the bankers. also when he said if we don't pass obama care oll the old people would die that would not have happened either. basically the elites think you and me are idiots and fools they lie to us to get their way then hope we all back to playing with our i phones and watching american idol and forget what they said. someone needs to make a stand against this hopefully the gop stands their ground on this one spending needs to come under control and cuts need to be made major cuts. if we raise the debt celling we will just be having this conversation again next summer.

• Upvote 2

jpandlef3 your right just like with saying the social security checks wouldn't get sent out or our soldiers wouldn't get paid......congress needs to find a way to deliver us from what this county likes to do best and that is spending! Don't raise the debt ceiling and let's take back our country which our founding fathers fought so hard for........at times getting out of oppression is not easy.

• Upvote 2

I just read that the Scots have a surprising sense of humor. Example: "President Obama's approval ratings are so low, Kenyans are now accusing him of being born in the united States." lol

And he still raises more campaign money than all the GOP combined ROFLMAO

You must be an Obama lover, sorry but I am not and have not since the day he got into office and even before. You need to wake up.

There you have it! Loving Mr. Obama has nothing to do with anything....You want coutries to respect the United States of America, but you don't respect the Office of the POTUS. I didn't like the way my retirement portfolio went to hell in a handbasket under the bush admin....But I respected the Office. There is some mean spiritedness happening on this forum and I for one am becomming jaded by it! "A mind is like a parachute....It works best when open!"

• Upvote 2

There you have it! Loving Mr. Obama has nothing to do with anything....You want coutries to respect the United States of America, but you don't respect the Office of the POTUS. I didn't like the way my retirement portfolio went to hell in a handbasket under the bush admin....But I respected the Office. There is some mean spiritedness happening on this forum and I for one am becomming jaded by it! "A mind is like a parachute....It works best when open!"

When you think open minded on here, you are literally listed as an evil liberal. Even though I am a true Independent, I get negatives and bashed for not going with the flow of being anti-Obama.

With that said, where were all these fiscal conservatives when Bush was raising the debt ceiling? We had similar scenarios where the government was facing shutdowns, or the military was not going to get their funds to continue over in Iraq. Know how many times he raised our debt limit? 9 times. In 8 years.

When will you people wake the hell up, stop blaming one guy, and realize we are all screwed until we get rid of the 2 party system, and actually have a choice in our elected officials!

• Upvote 2

When you think open minded on here, you are literally listed as an evil liberal. Even though I am a true Independent, I get negatives and bashed for not going with the flow of being anti-Obama.

With that said, where were all these fiscal conservatives when Bush was raising the debt ceiling? We had similar scenarios where the government was facing shutdowns, or the military was not going to get their funds to continue over in Iraq. Know how many times he raised our debt limit? 9 times. In 8 years.

When will you people wake the hell up, stop blaming one guy, and realize we are all screwed until we get rid of the 2 party system, and actually have a choice in our elected officials!

When are you going to let go of the past and start worrying about what is happening now?

As far as dropping the two party system you can forget that.lol

When are you going to let go of the past and start worrying about what is happening now?

As far as dropping the two party system you can forget that.lol

The past is important because it shows the ignorance of people who just hate the current president for no reason! IT shows the bias that runs rampant in this country! Nobody cared when our debt and deficit was climbing before because their boy in office was doing it. Now magically people care because Rush says so...

BUDGET PROBLEM SOLVED ! Just withhold the paychecks from all the lousy politicians in Washington ! That tribe of idiots would be squealing like a bunch of smashed cats. Where did this bunch of fools come up with this word ENTITLEMENT ! ENTITLEMENT MY ASS ! I paid into Social Security for 50 years, and they call it ENTITLEMENT ?

They need to get thier heads out of thier a**es and have all of the government agencys that have BORROWED money from the Social Security Fund, PAY IT BACK !

Kind of makes you wonder, how did all of these GOOD OLE BOYS get in a position to represent us ? Oh I forgot, they are LAWYERS, THE MOST RESPECTED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY ! I had better stop here before I have a stroke !

• Upvote 4

We can only thank the Obama Marxists who hold hostage nearly 80% of Americans that disagree with his policies!

As the bumper sticker says JANUARY 2013 END OF AN ERROR!

Don't cha just hate politicians who use us and their power to manipulate. WOW! I would have never dreamed this great country would be in such dire straits and it is still the best in the world.

Read more:

• Upvote 1

I just want to say, I'm Retired 22 yrs military,plus over 75 yrs old and iI think I should have the right to vote on this debt raising, and comment Obama made about not paying seniors and retirees. The whole thing is His choice and don't forget, his administration got us here.. He took this job cause he thought he could solve the problem by redistributing the wealth didn't he ? well, I say ok smart ass, lets see you fix this.... If it were not for us seniors and ex vets your smatr ass would still be in kenya !!!!!!!! Just my 2 cents and maybe retirement too.thanks for the chance to vent.

• Upvote 1

Statistically we have the money to service the debt and continue all important programs like SS, medicaid, military, and others. We just can not fully fund the rest of the pork that was added in.

If we go in default, I say oh well, as there is no need to do that, but perhaps some people want us to go into default. We have been spending trillions more than we have and have kicked the can down the road to the edge of a cliff. Do we come to our senses or kick the can over the cliff. Time will tell!

Yes we need to vote over 90% of the bums out, probably 95%. :P :P :P

The past is important because it shows the ignorance of people who just hate the current president for no reason! IT shows the bias that runs rampant in this country! Nobody cared when our debt and deficit was climbing before because their boy in office was doing it. Now magically people care because Rush says so...

Oh there's a reason alrighty!! In fact, many of them!!!

• Upvote 2

I just want to say, I'm Retired 22 yrs military,plus over 75 yrs old and iI think I should have the right to vote on this debt raising, and comment Obama made about not paying seniors and retirees. The whole thing is His choice and don't forget, his administration got us here.. He took this job cause he thought he could solve the problem by redistributing the wealth didn't he ? well, I say ok smart ass, lets see you fix this.... If it were not for us seniors and ex vets your smatr ass would still be in kenya !!!!!!!! Just my 2 cents and maybe retirement too.thanks for the chance to vent.

that was just mean...mean...mean...Im in the same boat as you...not 75 but 63.....definately able to understand....it is no one president that got us in this mess....and the united states of america is one biggg azzz ship to turn around in shallow water. The debate over the debt celing.....if you go back in news articles you can read that the previous administration raised the debt celing what...7.. 8 times? no big debate about fiscal responsibility. and BTW your retirement started on that southward journey before the current president was in office. In all fairness, not trying to make excusses, but did he have the opportunity to put forth his own agenda? I don't think so, what I see happening is a masterful attempt to put out a lot of fires out...at the same time keep this big ship afloat. Want to do something about the balance of payments? Buy a Ford, GM or Chrysler stop blaming other folks. Just as much as those stuffed shirts in washington have a responsibility to keep America Strong....We the People have a responsibility to support Americans, we need to look at labels when we buy products...We need to get rid of those antiquated ideas that foreign goods are superior to American Made Goods. We need to understand that there are some hard working american's producing some very fine products, we should support them. Want to as your representatives a question don't ask them about dinar.....Ask them why they allow other countries to dump there goods in america with very little tarrif but American companies don't enjoy the same when exported to their co ntries. just saying

• Upvote 1