Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BOA System Down

2DZNRoses

DV Team:

I just finished placing a wire transfer at my local BOA here in SoCal. We have several accounts in 3

different states so there was

a few xtra steps Wendy had to go through to verify funds. She said the system

had been down since they opened....I asked her how often that happened

and she said very rarely...also of interest was a discussion of how their

computers interact....I asked her why they couldn't verify our account

in another state (mid-west) and she said there are two different computer

programs running in the US banking system. All states except CA are operating on the "interact system" but

only CA remains using the older system named "coin". She said it should be 2 years

before CA converts to the new system.

Sound familiar to any financial types out there? Sorry it is greek to me as most all my edu.

in this area comes directly from the DV braintrust.

One more thing.....Wendy showed me her screen which she called

"green & black"....and told me it is run on the old school programing...that screen

was for the "Host Terminal" used to complete wire transfers. She showed

me because I was concerned if the system was down for the day I needed

confirmation the wire went through.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

DV Team:

I just finished placing a wire transfer at my local BOA here in SoCal. We have several accounts in 3

different states so there was

a few xtra steps Wendy had to go through to verify funds. She said the system

had been down since they opened....I asked her how often that happened

and she said very rarely...also of interest was a discussion of how their

computers interact....I asked her why they couldn't verify our account

in another state (mid-west) and she said there are two different computer

programs running in the US banking system. All states except CA are operating on the "interact system" but

only CA remains using the older system named "coin". She said it should be 2 years

before CA converts to the new system.

Sound familiar to any financial types out there? Sorry it is greek to me as most all my edu.

in this area comes directly from the DV braintrust.

One more thing.....Wendy showed me her screen which she called

"green & black"....and told me it is run on the old school programing...that screen

was for the "Host Terminal" used to complete wire transfers. She showed

me because I was concerned if the system was down for the day I needed

confirmation the wire went through.

Where is that darn B.S.ometer?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He is trying to say that the possible movement of the RV is shutting BOA systems down... OR thinking that may be the case...... UMMMMMMMMMMM no!! Your bank has a computer problem.... so what. Gosh I hope your transfer goes through ok. Sorry just getting sick of garbage being posted that has nothing to do with this investment.

• Upvote 2

Here it is for you bud.

Afghanistan is still hot...l want to come home...GO RV!!

Here it is for you bud.

Afghanistan is still hot...l want to come home...GO RV!!

post-36344-131050322959_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Call the IT Department... :rolleyes:

Exactly! I don't know why everyone thinks the systems are going to go down with a rate change. Do they go down now if rates change at all with other currencies? I work in IT and know the world wide standard for development and testing in JAVA environments as these websites are most likely set up. When a new rate goes live, it'll be a simple table entry change that is pushed up to their production environments. For all I know, these are read live from external sources and no changes need to be made. Nothing has to go down, nothing has to be cycled, nothing. The change will take effect the moment the change is pushed up, which takes seconds. BoA's site goes down from time to time. And I know their IT group is scrambling when this happens. Even with redundancy, everything can still go down from time to time. I urge everyone to not read too much into sites not being available. It happens, doesn't mean it's a RV. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Capital One was down too, I called their help line and they told me they are updating their system. What? 10:00 AM (day time).... I am not saying that this could be RV related but why during day time? I am in IT industry, usually all updates and patches are installed after end of business day (night time during regular back-up) or week ends......

Edited by Diamond4me