Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Two Most Controversial Topics on DV

Religion and politics.

I recently read another thread started from a DV member that felt the need to explain her position among a barrage of negativity regarding her religion. Her thread was immediately shut down. I've seen several post in the past that took huge hits merely because they believe one way which was different than another.

Perfect example which leads me into the "politics" arena. It's amazing the amount of spew that's thrown around regarding how many have a staunch sided view and won't for any reason believe any creative thought for useful conversation regarding the topic.

I was made, born and raised in this country. I've had a Christian upbringing and yet I'm still very open minded to the strength that others may bring to the table with their beliefs even though they are different then mine. I don't have to agree but I can still respect their choice and thought process. Again, I don't have to agree but it doesn't make them any less then any other that exists with opinions and trying to find their way, just like me.

Whether you like it or not, whether you believe in the same things, this country will continue to move forward as the melting pot of the world. The mere fact that you have a job may be (down a distant line somewhere) because another person, in a nearby state, made a decision, or change their life to better their family and brought something into your town. Just very much the same that your actions at any one time may have affected a job or a company somewhere else. And, that very person may have been a different religion or political affiliation then yours. You don't have to like them, there a 95% chance you don't even know them.

The beauty in all of this is that it doesn't frikken matter. The man or woman you shook hands with or just merely held the door open for yesterday may be any color of skin, any preference of religion or any political preference. Never discount a person's connection in your life because everyone you meet, whether it be for five seconds or 50 years, changes your life in some way.

I enjoy the fact there is all races, all religions and all political persuasions on this site. You don't have to agree with their comments or beliefs but occasionally you pull your big girl panties up and understand it's not worth the crappy negativity and the fight to show your as* to merely prove.

I made a comment a long time ago stating that we're all DINAR folks... in a way, a Fraternity as such. We're all here as a huge minority in the investment world.

You may just find that the person that you totally slammed here on the forums may just be the person you party with on a cruise ship when this whole ride coasts to an end.

Maybe, just maybe.. it's not about a pissing contest. But maybe more of commonality?

As always.. just sayin' :D

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

G'day Easy

looks like you have a very hard crowd on this one, but I for one support every word you have given in good faith. You do not have to have a religious background to simply be a good person and with that come respect of others, tolerance , and simple politeness.

Oh and we are all here for the right result

Cheers Chilli B) B)

• Upvote 2

Religion and politics.

I recently read another thread started from a DV member that felt the need to explain her position among a barrage of negativity regarding her religion. Her thread was immediately shut down. I've seen several post in the past that took huge hits merely because they believe one way which was different than another.

Perfect example which leads me into the "politics" arena. It's amazing the amount of spew that's thrown around regarding how many have a staunch sided view and won't for any reason believe any creative thought for useful conversation regarding the topic.

I was made, born and raised in this country. I've had a Christian upbringing and yet I'm still very open minded to the strength that others may bring to the table with their beliefs even though they are different then mine. I don't have to agree but I can still respect their choice and thought process. Again, I don't have to agree but it doesn't make them any less then any other that exists with opinions and trying to find their way, just like me.

Whether you like it or not, whether you believe in the same things, this country will continue to move forward as the melting pot of the world. The mere fact that you have a job may be (down a distant line somewhere) because another person, in a nearby state, made a decision, or change their life to better their family and brought something into your town. Just very much the same that your actions at any one time may have affected a job or a company somewhere else. And, that very person may have been a different religion or political affiliation then yours. You don't have to like them, there a 95% chance you don't even know them.

The beauty in all of this is that it doesn't frikken matter. The man or woman you shook hands with or just merely held the door open for yesterday may be any color of skin, any preference of religion or any political preference. Never discount a person's connection in your life because everyone you meet, whether it be for five seconds or 50 years, changes your life in some way.

I enjoy the fact there is all races, all religions and all political persuasions on this site. You don't have to agree with their comments or beliefs but occasionally you pull your big girl panties up and understand it's not worth the crappy negativity and the fight to show your as* to merely prove.

I made a comment a long time ago stating that we're all DINAR folks... in a way, a Fraternity as such. We're all here as a huge minority in the investment world.

You may just find that the person that you totally slammed here on the forums may just be the person you party with on a cruise ship when this whole ride coasts to an end.

Maybe, just maybe.. it's not about a pissing contest. But maybe more of commonality?

As always.. just sayin' :D

From what i have seen on some of these posts and the way they are presented toward another person it is going to be interesting if not comical to see some of these people attend an RV party or a cruise. As one another hits the bottle and gets alittle juiced there will be confrontations of words as the fists fly. the down right mean and nasty comment authors should refrain from a cruise in all reality because they may go swimming thru no means of their own. When you guys get brave enough to have this party or cruise please somebody post it so the rest of us can read about it in the newspaper. This will be hilarious JMO Heavyduty053

• Upvote 4

Great post Heyjonsey!

Dinarious Rucker I second that motion.

Heavyduty I want the details on the DV cruise too. Should be spicy to say the least!!! I have to admit it wouldn't be smart of me to attend...I might be tempted to push a few off their pulpits and over the side of the ship.

Nice Post HeyJonsey

From what i have seen on some of these posts and the way they are presented toward another person it is going to be interesting if not comical to see some of these people attend an RV party or a cruise. As one another hits the bottle and gets alittle juiced there will be confrontations of words as the fists fly. the down right mean and nasty comment authors should refrain from a cruise in all reality because they may go swimming thru no means of their own. When you guys get brave enough to have this party or cruise please somebody post it so the rest of us can read about it in the newspaper. This will be hilarious JMO Heavyduty053

I think I am safe stating that most of the players that post nasty comments on these sites will not be at a party or cruise because it's hard to travel without a spine. It's easy to be mean spirited when hiding behind a keyboard and monitor. B)

Here's what I believe and don't care what others think:

They should have never taken god out of schools and court rooms. How can you offend one person by using the word god and yet not offend the other by not using it? I'm not even that religious but that makes me mad.

Oswald didn't kill Kennedy--

Marilyn Monroe was murdered--

There were no Aliens in Roswell or anyplace else--

There is no big foot or lockness monster---

Every citizen should have the right to bare arms(then if you mess up and shoot someone wrongly, the penalty should be stiff)

Man did land on the moon---

I don't envy the rich and I don't pity the poor---

All politicians are crooked or soon will be---

And there will never be an RV in Iraq that will make us instant millionaires--

And I don't believe a word Okie and Possum say!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's what I believe and don't care what others think:

They should have never taken god out of schools and court rooms. How can you offend one person by using the word god and yet not offend the other by not using it? I'm not even that religious but that makes me mad.

Oswald didn't kill Kennedy--

Marilyn Monroe was murdered--

There were no Aliens in Roswell or anyplace else--

There is no big foot or lockness monster---

Every citizen should have the right to bare arms(then if you mess up and shoot someone wrongly, the penalty should be stiff)

Man did land on the moon---

I don't envy the rich and I don't pity the poor---

All politicians are crooked or soon will be---

And there will never be an RV in Iraq that will make us instant millionaires--

And I don't believe a word Okie and Possum say!!!!!!

+1 from me