Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UNAMI expires July 31, 2011

Poker

Just another deadline coming up for Iraq, not sure how it effects the RV. Mabe someone smarter than myself can shed some light.

UNAMI has been extended yearly since its inception in 2003, and the most recent extension from 2010, expires July 31, 2011

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) is an entity that was formed by the United Nations in Security Council Resolution 1500 on 14 August 2003.

Previous extensions: 2010 – 1500, 2009 -UN 1883, 2008 -UN 1830, 2007 -UN 1770, 2006 – UN 1700, 2005 – UN 1619, 2004 – UN 1557

To access any of these resolutions:

http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/ Top Left of page ~ Resolutions by year

What is UNAMI?

Through the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), established in 2003, the United Nations, guided by successive Security Council resolutions, has worked to assist the Government and people of Iraq through: efforts to promote dialogue, assistance in the holding of two national elections and a referendum, support to the drafting of the Iraqi constitution, contributing to the coordination of humanitarian assistance and promoting the protection of human rights.

The passage of Security Council Resolution 1770 (2007) on 10 August updates and strengthens the United Nations mandate in Iraq, establishing responsibilities to advise and assist in areas such as political facilitation and national reconciliation and the promotion of regional cooperation between Iraq and the countries of the region, including through the continued role of the United Nations in the International Compact with Iraq.

http://www.unis.unvienna.org/pdf/UNAMI_fact_sheet.pdf

UNAMI and the United Nations Country Team are composed of:

Office of Political Political and Constitutional Affairs

Office of Electoral Assistance

Office of Human Rights

Office of Development and Humanitarian support

Public Information Office

The Inter-agency Information and Analysis Unit (IAU)

International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI)

The International Compact with Iraq (ICI)

Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)

The International Labour Organization (ILO)

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affair (OCHA)

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)

United Nations Development Program (UNDP)

United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)

United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)

United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN_HABITAT)

United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)

United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)

United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM)

United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)

World Food Programme (WFP)

World Health Organization (WHO)

http://www.uniraq.org/aboutus/unct.asp

The latest extension:

Resolution 1936 (2010)

Adopted by the Security Council at its 6369th meeting, on 5 August 2010

Decides to extend the mandate of the United Nations Assistance Mission

for Iraq (UNAMI) until 31 July 2011

Regards,

Poker B)

• Upvote 3

I was wondering how long this would come up!!!! guru's will be proclaiming this was always a hurdle now all their other dates have passed.....bunch of losers!!

well i see u have been listening to OKIE as your GURU.. you sound so bitter.. how about i buy your dinar from you. i will buy your dinar for $500 per million.. that way you can have enough to pay your rent...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

OK, I have to make a first post so here it is... First thing I would like to say is I cant believe people take the time to post up negative comments, why are you here, get a life.

So let me get this straight, If I buy 100,000 dinar for $180.00, when the rv happens it will turn into a speculated $330,000?

Edited by drlewis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OK, I have to make a first post so here it is... First thing I would like to say is I cant beleive people take the time to post up negative comments, why are you here, get a life.

So let me get this straight, If I buy 100,000 dinar for $180.00, when the rv happens it will turn into a speculated $330,000?

Hmm, perhaps this purchasing discussion would be better carried out in the Dinar/RV forum?

I'm wondering if anyone can address the initial post regarding UNAMI? Thanks.

[

Edited by Alexyn1006
  • Upvote 3

Apparently, one of the last things that UNAMI has to do before they shut off the lights and leave, is close out all the Chapter VII sanctions that are still lingering. If those Chapter VII Sanctions still need to be in place, my understanding is that UNAMI will be extended. No, I don't have a link but I think that Phoenix and Scooter have both done research on this and I'm sure I picked up that info from DV as I don't go to the other sites, anymore. Or maybe I hit UNAMI on bing.

So this, potentially, could have a huge impact on whether Chapter VII goes away this month.

Go RV!

• Upvote 3

well i see u have been listening to OKIE as your GURU.. you sound so bitter.. how about i buy your dinar from you. i will buy your dinar for $500 per million.. that way you can have enough to pay your rent...

I think you mis-construde my comments! I don't listen to any guru and especially Okie.. I was just making fun of all their 30th June - 5th July pumping that went on before. I am not bitter I have been in this for 7 years.... can you say the same?

p.s. you could not afford my dinar!!! next time read the comment properly!!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poker,

When you copy someone else's posts, you shouldn't take their name off of it and add yours. That is called stealing. I don't care if my information is copied and posted here....but give me credit for my post since I did all the research. Here is MY original post and notice the time I posted it on tidbits....you copied it an hour later:

7/11/11

JULY 11TH, 2011 11:44 AM · POSTED IN CHATS & POSTS (IRAQI DINAR INFO)

Information on United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq and the UN resolution that is set to expire, but will possibly be extended.

Tenmillion~

UNAMI has been extended yearly since its inception in 2003, and the most recent extension from 2010, expires July 31, 2011

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) is an entity that was formed by the United Nations in Security Council Resolution 1500 on 14 August 2003.

Previous extensions: 2010 – 1500, 2009 -UN 1883, 2008 -UN 1830, 2007 -UN 1770, 2006 – UN 1700, 2005 – UN 1619, 2004 – UN 1557

To access any of these resolutions:

http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/ Top Left of page ~ Resolutions by year

What is UNAMI?

Through the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), established in 2003, the United Nations, guided by successive Security Council resolutions, has worked to assist the Government and people of Iraq through: efforts to promote dialogue, assistance in the holding of two national elections and a referendum, support to the drafting of the Iraqi constitution, contributing to the coordination of humanitarian assistance and promoting the protection of human rights.

The passage of Security Council Resolution 1770 (2007) on 10 August updates and strengthens the United Nations mandate in Iraq, establishing responsibilities to advise and assist in areas such as political facilitation and national reconciliation and the promotion of regional cooperation between Iraq and the countries of the region, including through the continued role of the United Nations in the International Compact with Iraq.

http://www.unis.unvienna.org/pdf/UNAMI_fact_sheet.pdf

UNAMI and the United Nations Country Team are composed of:

Office of Political Political and Constitutional Affairs

Office of Electoral Assistance

Office of Human Rights

Office of Development and Humanitarian support

Public Information Office

The Inter-agency Information and Analysis Unit (IAU)

International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI)

The International Compact with Iraq (ICI)

Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)

The International Labour Organization (ILO)

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affair (OCHA)

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)

United Nations Development Program (UNDP)

United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)

United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)

United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN_HABITAT)

United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)

United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)

United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM)

United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)

World Food Programme (WFP)

World Health Organization (WHO)

http://www.uniraq.org/aboutus/unct.asp

The latest extension:

Resolution 1936 (2010)

Adopted by the Security Council at its 6369th meeting, on 5 August 2010

Decides to extend the mandate of the United Nations Assistance Mission

for Iraq (UNAMI) until 31 July 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this has helped with your understanding of UNAMI, and the expiration at the end of July.

Tenmillion~

another site Chat~

LINK

• Upvote 3

Ten million,

Great work on the Chapter 7 issue in chat.

The UNSC documents for 2011 : http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/sgrep11.htm

The report S/2011/373 has a good accounting on the progress of the remaining issues.

It may help some of the folks in chat get a better idea of how much has been done, and what Moon stiil expects.

Also, Maliki is negotiating for veto power from the permanent members, so this is coming to center stage.

Good to see you at DV. Hope to catch you in Chat soon...

Apparently, one of the last things that UNAMI has to do before they shut off the lights and leave, is close out all the Chapter VII sanctions that are still lingering. If those Chapter VII Sanctions still need to be in place, my understanding is that UNAMI will be extended. No, I don't have a link but I think that Phoenix and Scooter have both done research on this and I'm sure I picked up that info from DV as I don't go to the other sites, anymore. Or maybe I hit UNAMI on bing.

So this, potentially, could have a huge impact on whether Chapter VII goes away this month.

Go RV!

Poker thanks for the post; and tenmillion thanks for additional info on UNAMI.

429 I believe you may be correct. I forget how UNAMI and Chapter VII are tied together though. I read something about this a year back, but I can't find a link and can't remember accurately sometimes. Maybe I misunderstood and I am wrong. I don't listen to Phoenix and Scooter a lot; just sometimes.

If anyone finds a link to post, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by PD46