Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRS Centers Open July 16th

KristiD

So, I was feeling reckless and read the latest Oakie post here where he mentioned the IRS centers being open on July 16 in anticipation of the IQD RV and challenged people to verify it themselves. So I did. Curiously, I found this IRS link verifying that all over the country, IRS Taxpapey Assistance Centers will be open July 16, 2011 (see the specific mention of that date under "Saturday Sevice"). I then checked for July 23 (the following Sat) to see whether this was typical for all Saturdays, but didn't find anything for the 23rd. Does anyone know why the IRS Centers might be open on Saturday, July 16? It would be awesome if it was in anticipation of the RV, but I can't help wondering if there is really another, non-RV-related reason. Possibly some other tax deadline coming up? Anyone know anything???

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html

Thanks guys!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, I was feeling reckless and read the latest Oakie post here where he mentioned the IRS centers being open on July 16 in anticipation of the IQD RV and challenged people to verify it themselves. So I did. Curiously, I found this IRS link verifying that all over the country, IRS Taxpapey Assistance Centers will be open July 16, 2011 (see the specific mention of that date under "Saturday Sevice"). I then checked for July 23 (the following Sat) to see whether this was typical for all Saturdays, but didn't find anything for the 23rd. Does anyone know why the IRS Centers might be open on Saturday, July 16? It would be awesome if it was in anticipation of the RV, but I can't help wondering if there is really another, non-RV-related reason. Possibly some other tax deadline coming up? Anyone know anything???

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html

Thanks guys!

Not to make people crazy - but I DO notice this on the page at the bottom of your link:

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: June 27, 2011

lol who is going to pay taxes if there is not any money to be made?

Not to make people crazy - but I DO notice this on the page at the bottom of your link:

good eye

good eye

Okie ties anything and everything to the RV.

Our Govt. is broke and they need to collect revenue since they've already overspent it.

These are likely long term offices and not temporary ones for a singular event like an RV. IMHO. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I noticed that too. But that just made me think that 7/16 was all the more special. I mean, if it had been updated 7/5 or something, I could see how they might just be updading it every week. But since this is 2 weeks old now..... that's not the case. Plus 2 weeks is recent enought that it could fit in with an anticipated RV. What I'd really like to know is if there is some other legitimate reason - other than the RV - for the IRS to have these tax assistance centers open next Saturday.

So, I was feeling reckless and read the latest Oakie post here where he mentioned the IRS centers being open on July 16 in anticipation of the IQD RV and challenged people to verify it themselves. So I did. Curiously, I found this IRS link verifying that all over the country,

KristiD. They have been doing that in my state and city since Methuselah's first b'day. It has no significance whatsoever. Do not get yourself all bunched up! Look to the CBI and the Irqi Government for all the latest news and events. They will promulgate any forthcoming events on their currency- as they have done- before anybody else does, and esp. the IRS. ;)

On another thread, a Poster panicked also because the BOA parking lot was "filled and something is happening". Well, yeah, biznezz, commerce, you know. Relax, calm down everybody. B)

2nd quarter taxes for buissness's & corporations nothing more ;)

I've been paying quarterly takes for 30 years and they have never opened offices just for that before?

Who goes into anywhere anymore and if you do it's Mon-Fri for an Audit or questions.

• Upvote 3

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=236526,00.html

Nothing special just another day for them.

IR-2011-19, Feb. 23, 2011

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service announced today that nearly 100 IRS offices will be open on Saturday, Feb. 26, and Saturday, March 26, to help taxpayers. The location of participating offices is listed on IRS.gov.

They allways do that Feb. & Mar. prior to April 15th the day taxes are do.

Not a random JUNE 16th what is the explanation for that?

• Upvote 1

Maybe this is for people that got extensions for April 15th. Just a thought. :mellow:

Again you mail them in.They have never opened for Extensions before.

Just ask yourself this Question ?

When has a Goverment Employe come in on a Saturday if not for allmost breaking there legs to get them to do it.

Remember they come in late, Leave early complain the whole time there and make life Miserable for whom ever they HAVE to help

and we pay there saleries to be treated that way.

So if there coming in on a Saturday it's not for Kicks a & Giggles I assure you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LINK

I know this isn't much, but it is a Congresswoman's Facebook. Feel free to bash away, but supposedly, it's an open house for some of the selected IRS offices.

Thanks for that and I did check out the link. But it also said the open house was to assist taxpayers resolve their tax problems. It doesn't point to any type of specific problem though. Since this doesn't seem to be a regular occurance, one can't help but wonder if it relates to something specificially (I hope the RV, but I'm prepared to be wrong) at this point in time.

Anyway......hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it - or even better RV this week!!!

Thanks for the input!

When has a Goverment Employe come in on a Saturday if not for allmost breaking there legs to get them to do it.

Remember they come in late, Leave early complain the whole time there and make life Miserable for whom ever they HAVE to help

So if there coming in on a Saturday it's not for Kicks a & Giggles I assure you.

Agreed, I worked for the GAO in Washington DC, thats exactly how it is :lol:

• Upvote 1

Ok I'm glad that's how it's done.....GO RV!!!

My question reguarding this is because of the Paris Club payment due on the 14th, new tax law on the 15th...then IRS open on the 16th! I for one am calling my local office in the morning to see about getting some info, and possibly setting up and appt. People are saying that it has nothing to do with the rv because the IRS is giving another reason. Do you honestly think they would come out and say it was to help people cash out? I would think that would be a security issue! Its even more positive when yoy factor in the tax law that relates to foreign currency that goes into effect the day before! Im believing that we are going to see a rate change on thursday....if not before! My dad works for the dept of revenue, as well as another family member. Both have stated that this is HIGHLY UNUSUAL, especially with the overtime pay involved. They both are confused as to why this is taking place! If you will notice on the IRS site, that they state that they are open from 9 am thru 2-5 pm. Kinda like they dont know how many people to expect to come in! There is definately something more than meets the eye with this! God Bless each of you! I believe.this is going to be an amazing week in our lives!

• Upvote 5

My question reguarding this is because of the Paris Club payment due on the 14th, new tax law on the 15th...then IRS open on the 16th! I for one am calling my local office in the morning to see about getting some info, and possibly setting up and appt. People are saying that it has nothing to do with the rv because the IRS is giving another reason. Do you honestly think they would come out and say it was to help people cash out? I would think that would be a security issue! Its even more positive when yoy factor in the tax law that relates to foreign currency that goes into effect the day before! Im believing that we are going to see a rate change on thursday....if not before! My dad works for the dept of revenue, as well as another family member. Both have stated that this is HIGHLY UNUSUAL, especially with the overtime pay involved. They both are confused as to why this is taking place! If you will notice on the IRS site, that they state that they are open from 9 am thru 2-5 pm. Kinda like they dont know how many people to expect to come in! There is definately something more than meets the eye with this! God Bless each of you! I believe.this is going to be an amazing week in our lives!

'hoosier1470',

Good afternoon!

You know.....I think you my be onto something!!!!!! hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm.......it is food for thought!!!!!

Thank you,

GG

Nice positive outlook! +1