Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Guru with a Gaurantee 4 for 4

11 Bravo

(CNN) -- Iraq took control Friday of billions of dollars in oil revenues set aside by the United Nations following the 2003 U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein, money intended to be used build up the country's economy.

The U.N. Security Council hand over of the Development Fund for Iraq is considered a milestone for Iraqi autonomy, which comes as the United States prepares to withdraw its roughly 47,000 troops from the country by the end of the year.

"The members of the Security Council welcomed the Government of Iraq's establishment of a successor arrangement for the transition of the Development Fund for Iraq," the United Nations said in a statement released Thursday.

The fund will be turned over to an Iraqi committee of financial experts that will operate under terms approved by Iraq's Council of Ministers, it said.

In the statement, the Security Council reiterated the commitment by Iraq to "ensure that oil revenue is used in the interests of the Iraqi people, and to ensure that transition arrangements remain consistent with the constitution and with international best practices in respect of transparency, accountability and integrity."

A 2003 Security Council resolution that created the development fund requires 5% of Iraq's oil revenue be used to pay reparations, primarily Kuwaiti claims that arose from the 1991 Gulf War.

In December, the Security Council lifted all but a few sanctions put in place prior to the invasion. Among the issues to still be resolved: war reparations to Kuwait, the demarcation of the Iraqi-Kuwait border and efforts to locate missing Kuwaitis and third-party nationals

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/07/01/iraq.oil.revenue/index.html?iref=allsearch

does this help?

Sad to say I am back so soon.

Patient did not make it to me.

Some of you know that I have no religious beliefs, but will ask those of you who do to pray for the family that has just lost a loved one.

Not only the family that I have had contact with, but all families in that situation.

Yes Pellithead DFI fund is released.

Again take this a debate not personal attack.

End Quote

Bravo, my Friend.... JMVHO....But....I think you don't really need to keep repeating that it's not a personal attack but just a debate......I'm sure it's very clear to everybody... If somebody really wants to take all this that you're writing as an attack, it's their problem ....

Thanks for your posts.

Point taken

• Upvote 2

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/15/end-iraq-sanctions-reflects-progress-saddam-era-analysts-say/

End of Iraq Sanctions Reflects Progress Since Saddam Era, Analysts Say

By Stephen Clark

Published December 15, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/15/end-iraq-sanctions-reflects-progress-saddam-era-analysts-say/#ixzz1Rk12fjAJ

Yes, as the article states some sanctions have been lifted.

"The U.N. Security Council's decision on Wednesday to lift a trio of Saddam Hussein-era sanctions against Iraq, including a ban on acquiring weapons of mass destruction, might send shivers down the spine of anyone fearful that the country could eventually fall back into the hands of another ruthless dictator."

However that is not all financial sanctions.

If all financial sanctions where lifted, they would have a tradeable currency at this time.

You are getting ready to fly now.

Some sanctions are lifted, and others have to be lifted to facillitate the rebiulding of Iraqs infrastructure.

The point that started this debate was the comment that all financial sanctions have been lifted, and that just aint true.

I believe you will see more and more sanctions being lifted weekly until we are there.

The sanctions that have been removed are just the start.

The rest will fall it just has not happened yet.

I think that this might explain the statement made in the article that Sonny1 posted for us.

My only advice is to read these articles, then do some fact checking. Especially big facts that should be easy to find.

Remember the absence of supporting documentation does not disprove something. Just take it with lowered credability.

However statements such as All Sanctions lifted, or Full member of WTO would be easily backed up by many sources.

• Upvote 2

Yes, as the article states some sanctions have been lifted.

"The U.N. Security Council's decision on Wednesday to lift a trio of Saddam Hussein-era sanctions against Iraq, including a ban on acquiring weapons of mass destruction, might send shivers down the spine of anyone fearful that the country could eventually fall back into the hands of another ruthless dictator."

However that is not all financial sanctions.

If all financial sanctions where lifted, they would have a tradeable currency at this time.

You are getting ready to fly now.

Some sanctions are lifted, and others have to be lifted to facillitate the rebiulding of Iraqs infrastructure.

The point that started this debate was the comment that all financial sanctions have been lifted, and that just aint true.

I believe you will see more and more sanctions being lifted weekly until we are there.

The sanctions that have been removed are just the start.

The rest will fall it just has not happened yet.

I think that this might explain the statement made in the article that Sonny1 posted for us.

My only advice is to read these articles, then do some fact checking. Especially big facts that should be easy to find.

Remember the absence of supporting documentation does not disprove something. Just take it with lowered credability.

However statements such as All Sanctions lifted, or Full member of WTO would be easily backed up by many sources.

Greetings Bravo,

I appreciate your post and I want to hear your opinion on Maliki:

1. Do you believe he is a potential dictator?

2. Is his government strategies/moves delaying the economic progress of Iraq intentionally? So Iran can take over.

Thanks

Greetings Bravo,

I appreciate your post and I want to hear your opinion on Maliki:

1. Do you believe he is a potential dictator?

2. Is his government strategies/moves delaying the economic progress of Iraq intentionally? So Iran can take over.

Thanks

1. Potential dictator? Sure, if he had his way. Part of the reason he is fighting Erbil agreement.

The Erbil Agreement establishes more of a democracy.

Luckily IMO I think there is enough diversity in Parliment to keep that from happening.

Remember in the past Iraq has been controlled by he who has the most. Saddam.

Some Ministers would rather see him gone.

2. I do not feel that is his intention. I believe he also wants the money the RV would provide.

He is just in a Power struggle. Overall I feel they as a whole are just having trouble adjusting

their political ways. They have always been looking out for themselves without regaurd for the

average citizen.

Edited by 11 Bravo
  • Downvote 1

Sorry I am getting tired, and I dont think I answered part 2 very well.

Let me try again.

Do I think Maliki would like Iran to take over.

No he wants to be in complete control.

However read the following:

Iran-Iraq strong ties will serve regional security: Maliki

TEHRAN, July 6 (MNA) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maleki has said that the strengthening of ties between Tehran and Baghdad will help improve security and stability in the entire region.

Maleki made the remarks during the meeting of Iran-Iraq joint supreme economic committee which was held in Baghdad on Wednesday, with the participation of Iranian First Vice President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi.

Maleki and Rahimi co-chaired the meeting.

The Iraqi prime minister said that the meeting is regarded as a step toward the enhancement of brotherly relations between Tehran and Baghdad.

He also said that the two countries have taken considerable steps to cement bilateral ties and envisioned a bright future for relations between Iraq and the Islamic Republic.

Rahimi stated that Tehran-Baghdad relations could serve as a model for other countries, adding Iran is interested in sharing its expertise in various spheres, including security and trade spheres, with Iraq.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry I am getting tired, and I dont think I answered part 2 very well.

Let me try again.

Do I think Maliki would like Iran to take over.

No he wants to be in complete control.

However read the following:

Iran-Iraq strong ties will serve regional security: Maliki

TEHRAN, July 6 (MNA) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maleki has said that the strengthening of ties between Tehran and Baghdad will help improve security and stability in the entire region.

Maleki made the remarks during the meeting of Iran-Iraq joint supreme economic committee which was held in Baghdad on Wednesday, with the participation of Iranian First Vice President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi.

Maleki and Rahimi co-chaired the meeting.

The Iraqi prime minister said that the meeting is regarded as a step toward the enhancement of brotherly relations between Tehran and Baghdad.

He also said that the two countries have taken considerable steps to cement bilateral ties and envisioned a bright future for relations between Iraq and the Islamic Republic.

Rahimi stated that Tehran-Baghdad relations could serve as a model for other countries, adding Iran is interested in sharing its expertise in various spheres, including security and trade spheres, with Iraq.

Thanks for your response. How much say do U believe the U.S. has in the future of Iraq? It sounds Maliki wants the U.S. out and Iran in. In order to strengthen the Arab world. Both militarily and economically.

So what would you suggest the alternative could be?

"I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want." George Bernard Shaw

There is a reason we have intuition. With practice, we can sift through the ideas thrown into the wind and feel what is right. All too often people are focusing on the challenge and not looking for the opportunity. I'll just say I'M GLAD IT DIDN'T RV any sooner because I would not have had the chance to invest more.

The alternative to "stating the facts": ask yourself "What good can come of this situation?"

Edited by olivesman
  • Upvote 1

no offense intended, because i have been wrong on saying it would rv already, but what have you been right about?

just so you know, and you might want to throw in there, is the fact that as of july 1st all financial chapter 7 sanctions have been lifted, the only sanctions left are wmd sanctions and those wont be lifted for a while, and as everyoneone knows it doesnt hinder an rv with them under wmd sanctions.

Hey Sonny1- I have a question for you. Is it alright to message you some how? Please let me know. Thank you.

I believe the intel that Shabbibi will start the RV "officially" as soon as the GOI is securely in place, so Maliki nor anyone else can become the new dictator. Iraq cannot take another 6 months of this stalemate, if Maliki tries to block the GOI and the RV, he will be removed.....by the MIBcool.gifcool.gif

Enjoy your little bubble, and Santa is coming soon

Santa isn't coming? Of course not, it is only July and he is in the North Pole making his list, duh! Why are you so negative and BTW your intel on the military being there past 2012. Well our military will be there well past 2012, that is common sense and not intel...but if you don't believe me I will tell you how I know.

• Upvote 1