Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Aziz Replies to Hafiz

Saint Cloud

Aziz to Hafiz:

Your picture of the 1/4 dinar note seems to be quite like the one from 1971— but with a metallic strip added onto it. Have you got one yet, to hold in your hot hands? Please let me know.

Meanwhile your idea for your new pillow seems quite good, stuffed with 40,000 quarter-dinar notes. Soon you will see: That’s a $40,000 pillow you very nearly bought! An expensive place to lay your head.

Do you remember seven years ago, the hundred ounces of silver you went with me to buy — at $7 each? Last month I dug them up from beneath the courtyard’s rock — and I sold it all.

Then I bought dinars.

Do you call me an old fool? But why? My $700 savings became $4000 for my wait, even better than I’d hoped it might. That’s four million dinars for my pillow case!

I did not do this earlier, knowing the UN sanctions must be gone — which finally came the end of June. Now Iraq is free; now it can begin. The currency shall have value one day soon, just as it had before the occupation came. Has it not been promised us that this shall be?

No new pillows, not for you and me. And no more 10,000 dinar dinners down at the café, which as you know I love so well. Ha! A $30,000 leg of lamb? I don’t think so.

No. Let the lamb live. I’ll have dolmas and a little pomegranate juice at home. And meanwhile dream of what we’ll do, you and I and all our friends, and not so long from now.

Such a fine dream you’re sure to have, Hafiz, your head on your $40,000 pillow’s case!

Ever your friend,

Aziz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1