Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hafiz to Aziz re the new 1/4 dinar notes

Saint Cloud

New correspondence from Hafiz to Aziz:

Greetings from Baghdad my brother Aziz! Something wonderful has happened that will make you laugh and loudly (lal):

The Bank of Iraq of the most Central has produced small bank notes of a sort never seen before --- including, are you ready for this? --- a bank note for a quarter (1/4) of one dinar! Is it not wonderful and strange? To see it use this link:

http://alarabiya-news.com/ifm.php?recordID=2238

Nicely done, but of what use is it? 1/40th of a U.S. cent. I would not bend over to extract it from the street.

Then it came to me just what to do!

I have a 10,000 dinar note I was going to use to purchase a new pillow for my bed. But instead I will turn the 10,000 note in for 40,000 of the new quarter dinar notes — and stuff them into my pillow case! Maybe a little camel fur on top, for comfort’s sake.

More soon.

Your brother Hafiz.

• Downvote 1

Thanks... B)

How do you convert that page to English? Is that a valid news site?

This note was posted a couple of days ago, and from what I remember reading about it, it couldn't be positively identified as being old currency. My other question is if he were to exchange a 10K note for 40 thousand 1/4 notes, why would he stuff his pillow...? Wonder what the true worth of the 1/4 note will be...

when I went to the site, this is what it translates to.

Liberation News Agency (Wata) said the Iraqi central bank, its readiness to delete zeroes from the currency, and pointing out that the new currency would contain the Kurdish language in addition to the Arabic language. The governor of the Iraqi central bank adviser manifestation Mohammad Saleh said in a press statement that zeroes which were added to the Iraqi currency during the past period, formed a bloc large cash amounted to 28 trillion and 500 billion Iraqi dinars, nearly 5 trillion paper cash.

It's s recent article

• Upvote 1

New correspondence from Hafiz to Aziz:

Greetings from Baghdad my brother Aziz! Something wonderful has happened that will make you laugh and loudly (lal):

The Bank of Iraq of the most Central has produced small bank notes of a sort never seen before --- including, are you ready for this? --- a bank note for a quarter (1/4) of one dinar! Is it not wonderful and strange? To see it use this link:

http://alarabiya-new...p?recordID=2238

Nicely done, but of what use is it? 1/40th of a U.S. cent. I would not bend over to extract it from the street.

Then it came to me just what to do!

I have a 10,000 dinar note I was going to use to purchase a new pillow for my bed. But instead I will turn the 10,000 note in for 40,000 of the new quarter dinar notes — and stuff them into my pillow case! Maybe a little camel fur on top, for comfort’s sake.

More soon.

Your brother Hafiz.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but you deminor is not Iraqi, nor your litteral accent. Like I said, forgive me if I am wrong. GLTA and Go RV.

A few weeks ago an article came out that was very hard to understand. I wish I could find it now..! In part, it spoke about counterfeiting. Frank26's team decrypted it, and discovered that some of the terminology had to do with the New Colors of currency coming out. We have seen articles published on the counterfeiting of the larger denoms, so it would be a concern for the protection of the smaller ones too. ESPECIALLY IF they will look like the OLD ONES...!

I believe that the image of the 1/4 Dinar note in the article is actually a new-small-denom..!

• Upvote 1

Forgive me if I am wrong, but you deminor is not Iraqi, nor your litteral accent. Like I said, forgive me if I am wrong. GLTA and Go RV.

No he is not Iraqi. It don't even sound like he has ever talked to one. Just somebody who wants to get noticed.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

Republic of Iraq, Second Issue, 1971-72

http://www.islamicbanknotes.com/Notes/Iraq/IQ-12-q.htm

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falarabiya-news.com%2Fifm.php%3FrecordID%3D2238&act=url

Now technically the article didn't say that was a pic of the new note. They just used a file photo for the article.

Central bank: to issue a new currency in Arabic, Kurdish, and lifting of the zeroes

Agency news editor (and ATA): Central Bank of Iraq, his willingness to delete the zeros of the currency, pointing out that the new currency will contain the Kurdish language in addition to Arabic.

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1