Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Personal Testimony on how I came back to Christ

easyrider

I rarely log in....just 'lurk' in the shadows for the most part, but am here everyday reading. First, I always like reading your posts. This one made me want to log in so I could reply. Thank you for sharing. We never know who may hear our story, or may just be watching, and how it may change someone's life. That was a great testimony and I appreciate you sharing.

Well.... I thought i would share my own personal testimony on how I came back to christ from being such a sinner. In 2007 I was driving along the road going the speed limit around 50mph around 8:00pm at night. I was passing by Calvary Temple Church. This church always on Friday nights had christian bands and was rocking and many people would go of all age groups to go enjoy themsleves. As I was driving in the dark in my pick up truck suddenly something blind sided me and came out of the bushes from the center divider from the canal bank that sepreated the two directions of the road. I felt something hit on the side of my truck but i did not know what it was. It was too dark to see and it scared me half to death. I felt the urge to just get away and not look back because i didnt know if someone threw something at me or what. So.. before you know it im driving and my left head light is out and cops are right behind me surrounding me and tel me to pull over in the Save mart parking lot. I didnt have a clue what was going on but i knew it couldnt be good. They yelled at me and told me to get out of the truck with their guns pointed at me.... I was really scared. So i complied and got out and put my hands in the air and one officer came over and told me I'm under arrest for Felony Hit and Run. My heart sank and then he told me i hit a human being. The officer told asked me why I ran from the scene and mind you i was completely sober at the time just going down the street minding my own business when suddenly something clipped my truck.

S it turned out it was a 15 year old boy that was wearing all black with his friend that sneaked off to smoke weed in the canal bank when they were supposed to be at the church that night. I asked the officer to tell me if the kid was ok, he said he didnt think he was going to make it. All that ran through my mind at that time was my fiancee. She finally showed up with her brother in law and was bursting into tears once she saw me in the back of the cop car and when i seen her crying i started to ccry I thought my life was over if i get manslaughter. So they halu me off to the county jail where i get thrown into a holding cell to get booked which took about 8 hours because it being a friday night. As i was sitting there thinking about everything that just happened immediately something in my heart told me to start praying for the boy. So i did I asked God to heal this boy and to make a quick recovery. After i prayed and was settling in with about 20 other people in that same cell they started to ask what i was in for. I told them felony hit and run and i then went on to say i dont know if hes alive or dead. All of them started to give me crap about how im going to prison for a long time and if he dies i might get about 5 years in prison for manslaughter. I gotta say it didnt make me feel too good hearing that from these other inmates and i was feeling lousy and was hurting in my heart.

As i had my hands buried in my face anxiously waiting to get booked and into a regular cell to make my first phone call. I saw someone at the corner of my eye he was a homeless man sitting on the floor he was very grungy looking and smelt horrible. So, he comes over to me sits by me puts his arm around me and starts talking to me he told me listen dont lets these guys get to you everything will be ok just trust Jesus christ. Immediately i started to feel better like he was right and verything was gonna be ok. But then as the night went on i started to worry again.

So finally after spending a couple days in the county jail i finally got balied out my my fiancee at the time and my Mom. well..... I went home to my apartment to go lay down in my own bed i was very tired. As i walked in a picture of Jesus christ coming out of the stone door after his resurrection appeared on my bed perfectly. I asked and got mad at my fiancee and told her is this some kind of sick joke?? She said i didnt put it there I swear. I broke down crying and knew he was with me the whole time. As the years went on i had lost that same picture but a couple years later i found the exact same pciture in a gutter while I was walking. I knew from that day it was time to turn back to the lord.

P.s the boy that got hurt i met his parents in court and the boy recovered and healed within a week after having a brain contusion broken pelvic bone and punctured lung.

also i got off on a misdemeanor did some time and got involved in a program to do community service and have never been back to jail ever since.

Thats my personal story of why i came back to jesus christ

:) :) :)

• Upvote 1

Well.... I thought i would share my own personal testimony on how I came back to christ from being such a sinner. In 2007 I was driving along the road going the speed limit around 50mph around 8:00pm at night. I was passing by Calvary Temple Church. This church always on Friday nights had christian bands and was rocking and many people would go of all age groups to go enjoy themsleves. As I was driving in the dark in my pick up truck suddenly something blind sided me and came out of the bushes from the center divider from the canal bank that sepreated the two directions of the road. I felt something hit on the side of my truck but i did not know what it was. It was too dark to see and it scared me half to death. I felt the urge to just get away and not look back because i didnt know if someone threw something at me or what. So.. before you know it im driving and my left head light is out and cops are right behind me surrounding me and tel me to pull over in the Save mart parking lot. I didnt have a clue what was going on but i knew it couldnt be good. They yelled at me and told me to get out of the truck with their guns pointed at me.... I was really scared. So i complied and got out and put my hands in the air and one officer came over and told me I'm under arrest for Felony Hit and Run. My heart sank and then he told me i hit a human being. The officer told asked me why I ran from the scene and mind you i was completely sober at the time just going down the street minding my own business when suddenly something clipped my truck.

S it turned out it was a 15 year old boy that was wearing all black with his friend that sneaked off to smoke weed in the canal bank when they were supposed to be at the church that night. I asked the officer to tell me if the kid was ok, he said he didnt think he was going to make it. All that ran through my mind at that time was my fiancee. She finally showed up with her brother in law and was bursting into tears once she saw me in the back of the cop car and when i seen her crying i started to ccry I thought my life was over if i get manslaughter. So they halu me off to the county jail where i get thrown into a holding cell to get booked which took about 8 hours because it being a friday night. As i was sitting there thinking about everything that just happened immediately something in my heart told me to start praying for the boy. So i did I asked God to heal this boy and to make a quick recovery. After i prayed and was settling in with about 20 other people in that same cell they started to ask what i was in for. I told them felony hit and run and i then went on to say i dont know if hes alive or dead. All of them started to give me crap about how im going to prison for a long time and if he dies i might get about 5 years in prison for manslaughter. I gotta say it didnt make me feel too good hearing that from these other inmates and i was feeling lousy and was hurting in my heart.

As i had my hands buried in my face anxiously waiting to get booked and into a regular cell to make my first phone call. I saw someone at the corner of my eye he was a homeless man sitting on the floor he was very grungy looking and smelt horrible. So, he comes over to me sits by me puts his arm around me and starts talking to me he told me listen dont lets these guys get to you everything will be ok just trust Jesus christ. Immediately i started to feel better like he was right and verything was gonna be ok. But then as the night went on i started to worry again.

So finally after spending a couple days in the county jail i finally got balied out my my fiancee at the time and my Mom. well..... I went home to my apartment to go lay down in my own bed i was very tired. As i walked in a picture of Jesus christ coming out of the stone door after his resurrection appeared on my bed perfectly. I asked and got mad at my fiancee and told her is this some kind of sick joke?? She said i didnt put it there I swear. I broke down crying and knew he was with me the whole time. As the years went on i had lost that same picture but a couple years later i found the exact same pciture in a gutter while I was walking. I knew from that day it was time to turn back to the lord.

P.s the boy that got hurt i met his parents in court and the boy recovered and healed within a week after having a brain contusion broken pelvic bone and punctured lung.

also i got off on a misdemeanor did some time and got involved in a program to do community service and have never been back to jail ever since.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Easy buddy i knew there was something about you that stood out. Sometimes it takes bringing a person down to the ground before they can look up. Down ever loose that feeling or the one who is responsible for your coming home. The angels of heaven rejoices each time another is saved.

• Upvote 3

WOWWWWWWWW Easy..

My thoughts were, of how scared to death you were not only for yourself, which would have been enough.. but also worried about the boy's own serious injuries.

I had no clue how you came back to Christ. And I'm really impressed you shared. That you were saved, and the boy survived!!

My other thought.. by any chance do you think that hopefully possibly the torture and pain, was TO ALSO TURN THE LIFE AROUND of the boy? I'm thinking the drugs, the lies, the dangers in the dark, almost killed him.

Nothing matters more than life. Not one thing.

THANK GOD FOR YOU SIR!! You had one shocking life changing experience, and I'm glad Jesus held you and the boy in his arms!!!!!!

And saved you both!!

It's no wonder why you are sooo nice and thoughtful. And.. LOVING!

Bless you!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

God bless you sir. Thank you for having the courage and faith to post this here. Only through Jesus Christ may we see the kingdom of heaven. You are blessed so stay on route, on course, on the narrow path. You have a soul with you here that will keep you in the prayers. We will be blessed with this revaluation, no doubt in my mind. What we do with it will either be within our conscience or our benevolence. God bless you again and may we see some of the fruits of wealth to do good to others. Go RV.

• Upvote 2

Easy, I kept waiting for some bad taste punch line. Do you realize that this whole dinar thing is from God? Why do you think it has not made the press. Not sure why after all this time, you are sharing this, but I think I know. It is another sign that we are near the end of our ride. Soon, we will not have the time to come to this site and whether it was your plan or His, you were compelled to sit down and share this remarkable story. I am a novelist and I am in the middle of a humorous story about a woman who dies at 38, leaving behind her twin 14 year old sons and husband. She is dead on her way to heaven through the light tunnel and is glad to nitice that it is on an upward trajectory. She enters heaven and is seating in the Wrigley Field bleachers, next to her angel who is going to indoctrinate her. She is dumbfounded, but notices that the 2nd baseman looks familiar and is wearing a beard. She begins to ask - "Yes, that's him. He loves baseball. That's why he designed it so that most people don't understand it."

She asks, "Jesus is playing baseball? Who are these other guys - ex major leaguers". The angel replies, "Heavens No - forgive the term. No Jesus is playing in the over 2,000 league. Haven't you noticed nobody hits or catches the ball very often?" The woman responds "You forget, I was a Cub fan. Nothing different here."

Well, the story goes on with her quest to get back to earth because her two boys and husband are klutzes that can't get along without her. She proceeds to drive every one in heaven nuts, so they have to find a way to get her back, which becomes a spectacular love story, along with the comedy.

This story has some truth to it because my friend's wife died at 38, leaving behind her twin boys and husband. After the funeral, they were home in the kithchen having a sandwich and as clear as a bell, they hear the words "I'm going now". They looked at each other stunned. One of the boys said, "that was Mom". They all hugged. This part of the story is totally true and has stuck with me all the time. As i have written here under the name Butkus and Bambino, I found that I could do humor. So, I want this to be over so I can concentrate on this story and maybe touch a person or two, just as Easy's story will.

Easy, I have sometimes been tough on you. Goes to show, you never know what is in a person's heart. Mine goes out to you. Folks we are at the end of this ride, only to begin a new destiny for each of us and those we can touch. By the way, there was no arguing allowed in the heaven baseball game, but when Jesus batted, the ball took some crazy hops.

• Upvote 5

That's wonderful, praise God! Now for the next challenge, if you would spend enough time to study the truth about the king James bible as you studied the dinar, you'd be amazed at what you learn. A good study can be found at WWW.avpublications.com.....please take this seriously, thank you for your testimony. Go RV!!!!!!

Thank you for all the replies i know here at dinar vets we are all a diverse group from all walks of life and different religious beliefs but i felt compelled to share my story today and i dont know why. God bless.

• Upvote 12

Easy.. I do remember the story from some months back. At that time ( 3-4-5 months ago) not many paid att'n evidently.

I was impressed by that and I recall having asked you what was like being in jail and you kindly replied to me saying you made it allright . I'm glad you decided to share that again.

I do respect you for that... Best.

Dang Easy.....I had no idea.....thats bananas......Thank goodness the boy made it through, and I know your glad he did......guess we all make mistakes, but its what you do with those experiences that make you who you are!! But thats just a part of life!!! You live and you learn......

• Upvote 1