Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Post a video of the car you will be getting***

easyrider

I NEVER will own another GM product again. My 2009 $60K special edition Tahoe was a huge piece of junk and GM didnt want to do a thing to help me. In the shop soooo much..... I finally decided enough was enough and traded in and took a HUGE loss. But know I own foriegn and will NEVER look back :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I NEVER will own another GM product again. My 2009 $60K special edition Tahoe was a huge piece of junk and GM didnt want to do a thing to help me. In the shop soooo much..... I finally decided enough was enough and traded in and took a HUGE loss. But know I own foriegn and will NEVER look back th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Agreed GM has problems, I own Foreign also.wink.gif

Well - I may be a great grandmother but that doesn't mean I don't have a favorite car and searches on the internet have revealed that I probably will be able to buy one as soon as Iraq gets their act together. Pictures and description below. How many of you "young" guys know the details on this baby? :woot:

The Museum's Car: A 1937 CORD 812 PHAETON

Other models were the four-passenger Beverly Sedan, the five-passenger Westchester Sedan, and two long (132 inch) wheelbase versions, the Custom Beverly and the Custom Berline. All of the models could be ordered with the optional centrifugal supercharger that boosted horsepower to 170. The supercharged cars came with distinctive chromed exposed exhaust pipes that exited the hood before disappearing into the fenders.

:twothumbs:

WEIGHTS AND MEASURES

Wheelbase 125"

Length 195.25"

Width 71"

Height 58"

Ground clearance 9"

Front track 56"

Rear track 61"

Shipping weight 3864 lbs.

ENGINE

Type Lycoming 90-degree L-head V-8

Bore x stroke 3.5" x 3.75"

Displacement 288.64 cubic inches

Compression ratio 6.5 to 1

Horsepower @ rpm 125 @ 3500 advertised

Electrical system 6 volts

GENERAL

Original price $2195 f.o.b., plus $415 for supercharger

Top speed 98.9 mph

Acceleration 0-60 in 20.1 seconds

Turning circle 41'

Fuel tank capacity 21 gallons

:bow:

• Upvote 1

I've owned a couple of Corvettes and currently own a 630 hp/600 tq., supercharged '05 GTO and much as I am a loyal GM customer, getting another one probably won't happen... even if the RV happens as I hope. I would like to own a Ferrari 458 Italia though. There are other exotic cars I wouldn't mind having too but this one seems to be the least over the top to me.

• Upvote 2

How about a picture of the car I currently own...

and as soon as i decide what i would get to replace it I will do an update!

This is a Vintage car, the 19th Factory car ever made,

with only 763 original miles on it

It is a:

1967 Fiberfab Valkyrie

400horsepower

4 speed manual

and it's crap your pants fast!

Maybe I'll replace it with a Lotus Exige or a Lotus Evora...

something I can have fun with and still gets good MPG...

post-37020-131022961877_thumb.jpg

post-37020-131022965492_thumb.jpg

post-37020-131022966617_thumb.jpg

post-37020-131022968191_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

I NEVER will own another GM product again. My 2009 $60K special edition Tahoe was a huge piece of junk and GM didnt want to do a thing to help me. In the shop soooo much..... I finally decided enough was enough and traded in and took a HUGE loss. But know I own foriegn and will NEVER look back th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

To be fair....ALL manufacturers have their problems....believe me, Ive worked on pretty much all of them....each brand has a similar thing that always goes wrong and each manufacturer also makes lemons....brand new cars that just have all kinds of problems and the dealer ends up having to buy the car back from the customer......it happens.....but from my experience, Tahoes are actually one of the most reliable SUVs on the road......but another thing these days you have to look into is what kind of warranty they offer....because you never know what you have just bought, and just cause its brand new doesnt mean you wont have any problems.....

This is the first car I will get.... LOL http://www.youtube.com/user/cadillac?v=T4W0eobLLpk&feature=pyv&ad={creative}&kw={keyword}&seo=goo_|_Cadillac_Retention_YouTube_|_Cadillac_PV_YouTube_-_CTS-V_Sedan_|_Cadillac_CTS-V_-_HV_|_cts-v&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Retention-Cadillac-Cadillac_PV_YouTube_-_CTS-V_Sedan&utm_content=YouTube&utm_term=cts-v

To be fair....ALL manufacturers have their problems....believe me, Ive worked on pretty much all of them....each brand has a similar thing that always goes wrong and each manufacturer also makes lemons....brand new cars that just have all kinds of problems and the dealer ends up having to buy the car back from the customer......it happens.....but from my experience, Tahoes are actually one of the most reliable SUVs on the road......but another thing these days you have to look into is what kind of warranty they offer....because you never know what you have just bought, and just cause its brand new doesnt mean you wont have any problems.....

Problems are one thing.... the lack of support from a manufactuer after the problems occured is the issue.

Easy ,

Man if you are into camaros , you need to check out revolutionstyling.com ..they know how to pimp it up ,for sure

As far as me ,well Its going to be a custom vette , dont want to talk to much about it until after R.V. just hurts my moral when I go to ther web site .lol

Vehicle was.... the parts in question I was told were not. The issue was with the door actuators... none of the doors would lock or unlock by electronics. So in the event of me being in a crash, I nor my wife or children would be able to open the vehicle doors from the outside. It was a known issue with a lot of GM models and recognized as a issue with GM, but they wanted me to pay out 360 dollars per door to replace, and could not guarantee this would not happen again.

Edited by OH_BROTHER

Vehicle was.... the parts in question I was told were not. The issue was with the door actuators... none of the doors would lock or unlock by electronics. So in the event of me being in a crash, I nor my wife or children would be able to open the vehicle doors from the outside. It was a known issue with a lot of GM models and recognized as a issue with GM, but they wanted me to pay out 360 dollars per door to replace, and could not guarantee this would not happen again.

Yea some manufacturers get by on what they do or dont consider under warranty....as far as I can remember I think the total vehicle warranty is only good for 3 years 36k miles or somewhere near those numbers....and then after that the powertrain is covered up to a certain mileage and year.....Im not 100% sure but I think thats pretty close for GM unless its changed!! So that could be why they told you that.....some others warranty the ENTIRE vehicle for 5 years/ 50k.....

Sounds like since they were having a known issue, they still had not gotten a reliable replacement part for it which is why he said they couldnt guarantee it wouldnt happen again....either that or they didnt have a 100% fix for the issue yet, which does happen unfortunately!!! It does suck about that particular one though for safety reasons....sounds like something that should be put on a recall when it deals with safety issues!!!

Hey easy that first one was a fine car....but the second one wow and i do mean WOW! that would be a car for the books,ive owned about 4 of the old Z28's the ones where the door weighs 200 pounds lol..But this one is a work of art!

I NEVER will own another GM product again. My 2009 $60K special edition Tahoe was a huge piece of junk and GM didnt want to do a thing to help me. In the shop soooo much..... I finally decided enough was enough and traded in and took a HUGE loss. But know I own foriegn and will NEVER look back :twothumbs:

What was the problem with the tahoe you had?????? I had one and loved it well it was a couple years ago and it was a 01...just woundering cause i was gonna get a new tahoe along with a dually of course.