Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Raising the Zeros

andy3978

All this talk lately coming from Iraq about raising/deleting the 3 zeros....this is basically a LOP, no?

It seems folks are excited about all this news and such, but the way I understand it...whats so great about telling me that my 25,000 note is worth a 25 note? Or my 'super valuable' low domination 50 note is valued like a Nickel?

We obviously arent going to be able to exchange out IQD for the new low denoms, so either we will be told our IQD is no longer valid or we will have to change them for what exactly?

Anyone making sense of all this?

How is this supposed to go down?

Like I said, from what I am seeing, it looks like a break-even at best...so I'm not sure what all the excitement is all about.

All this talk lately coming from Iraq about raising/deleting the 3 zeros....this is basically a LOP, no?

It seems folks are excited about all this news and such, but the way I understand it...whats so great about telling me that my 25,000 note is worth a 25 note? Or my 'super valuable' low domination 50 note is valued like a Nickel?

We obviously arent going to be able to exchange out IQD for the new low denoms, so either we will be told our IQD is no longer valid or we will have to change them for what exactly?

Anyone making sense of all this?

How is this supposed to go down?

Like I said, from what I am seeing, it looks like a break-even at best...so I'm not sure what all the excitement is all about.

Your on point with what your thinking.....but alot of people are too busy listening to the gurus twist the information to mean its still going to be a straight up RV instead of thinking for themselves and realizing what they are actually talking about......

If they do happen do RD, my biggest question is if we will have access to the smaller denoms to exchange with so we can hold on until the rate gets higher before they make our bigger bills worthless.....

• Upvote 2

If they do happen do RD, my biggest question is if we will have access to the smaller denoms to exchange with so we can hold on until the rate gets higher before they make our bigger bills worthless.....

Yes, please let us know anything you hear if you find out about it. This is what I would like to know for sure.

Your on point with what your thinking.....but alot of people are too busy listening to the gurus twist the information to mean its still going to be a straight up RV instead of thinking for themselves and realizing what they are actually talking about......

Why would you assume you can do an exchange? What if they come out in the redenomination and say they will not exchange currency out of the country? It can happen!

Why would you assume you can do an exchange? What if they come out in the redenomination and say they will not exchange currency out of the country? It can happen!

If you re read my commment that's exactly what I was saying....that the biggest problem we would face is whether we would even have access to exchange our bills for smaller.....or if we would get stuck holding our bills and then they become worthless

Edited by keepmwlknfny

OK ha ha, have a question about your Warka account. If the dinar RV's and you have 100 dinar in your account and the RV is 1 IQD = $1, do you now have $100? (Just used those numbers for simplification).

Edited by tommyboy

What they mean is raising the zeroes from the current exchange rate against the dollar. Each IQD is .00086 against each USD. Multiply .00086 x 1170, and you get 1.0062, or $1. That is how the exchange rate is calculated currently. So, once the revalue goes into effect, and they raise these zeroes like they're talking about, this moves the DECIMAL point up three places, and you've got the IQD now valued at .86, or 1.17 now instead of 1170. Another way to look at it is 1 divided by 1.17, and you get. 86.

Multiply 1.17 x .86, and you still come out with 1.0062, or 1 USD. See how that works? So if they take this route, you'll have roughly a 1-1 revaluation scenario. Not bad if you've been holding onto thousands or even millions of dinar.

Now it's possible they could institute fractional banking, so maybe we'll get .38 cents on the dollar, or a little lower. I don't know. And, it's very possible over time the dinar will become worth more than the dollar, like $1.57 or (knock on wood) $2.80. But that probably won't happen for a few more years.

This would seem to be the most likely scenario if they're going to stabilize their economy and give the people purchasing power. It's just a question of when.

GO RV!!!

The other night, I was reading up on a particular currency from another country (Singapore).

Their rate is roughly 1.27 (Similar to the 1170 we see) or roughly $0.787 (Similar to the $0.00086 we see)

Their denominations run from a small as "1" note to as high as a "10,000" note.

Not only that, they have roughly 4 series of notes that all have the same denominations.

Now, this country also is similar to Iraq as they do a lot of bartering & exchanging. Therefore, they rely a lot on hard currency to do daily transactions.

But, what I find interesting, their highest note in circulation is roughly valued at $7,800 USD. This is likely used for "larger" purchases...

So, in my opinioin, consuming up 000 notes would come with ease as they would eventually make their way to banks. (From personal deposits or business depositss).

Makes one wonder, do they really need to get the 000s off the street even after a R/V? Or could they still be used?

See - a lot of the larger notes may easily be destroyed and put into electronic form.

Banks are becoming more and more advanced w/ their technology.

So, with all the banking "reform", education campaigning, executing of the plan, IMF articles, DFI releases, soveirgnity (sorry, I know that is not spelled right), backlog of foreign investors, laws pending to be passed, laws being passed, and the final details.... We may only speculate what will happen..

IMO, there is a hold-up, and it is a significant one. What the hold up is? Anyone's guess... But, once that hold-up is no longer a hold-up, we would see a flooding of the market.....

If it is a bank reform? Well, than we see that large amounts of USD exchanged for IQD to conduct business.... Would it make sense to increase the rate prior to that?

If it is a law issue: I.e., HCL - they are losing money on potential contracts signed the longer they delay

Ch. 7 issue: They're progressing on that.... And I believe the last two resolutions are something that may take time and are not necessarily "big issues"

Education campaign? I think we have all seen enough lifting of the 3 zeros to believe they should all know..

Here is a theory....... Lets say they have a rate in mind, but, they need to hit a target amount of foreign investors to balance that rate out. There by, what is cashed out is equally met by those that buy-in at the new rate. Could that be it? It would make sense..... But it is just a theory and nothing more.

All we can do is sit back, speculate, and hope for the best outcome.

Hey Keep, My hopes are that the 000 notes will retain their current value of around 21.00 USD for the 25,000 note indefinately and increase in value with any future RVs post RD. What are your thoughts that this is a possibility?

Hey Keep, My hopes are that the 000 notes will retain their current value of around 21.00 USD for the 25,000 note indefinately and increase in value with any future RVs post RD. What are your thoughts that this is a possibility?

To be honest, I think that if it does RD, that once that process is done, all the bills we have now will be invalid as currency......

To be honest, I think that if it does RD, that once that process is done, all the bills we have now will be invalid as currency......

Won't happen, a UST stock pile of bills.....they can afford to hold them.......small bills will be hard to come by.........just saying......you can get them now on ebay

Edited by radar12354

Won't happen, a UST stock pile of bills.....they can afford to hold them.......small bills will be hard to come by.........just saying......you can get them now on ebay

Ahhh yes, the unsubstantiated theory of the US holding massive amounts of dinar......

But if your speaking about a RD not happening, well thats all we can hope for even though thats what they have been talking about for years now....

If your speaking about the bills not becoming worthless after a RD if it were to happen, well thats exactly what happens and how RD works....

Yes. However, they might choose to keep some for TB transactions between them and the CBI or even smaller banks. Who nows. Good post. GLTA and Go RV.

That would suck. I guess I never thought that much into it but it is something to think about. I mean who is going to exchange our "bad" dinar for "good" dinar? Maybe the CBI but I would really hate to fly to Iraq. Maybe Warka is the way to go but talk about shady. Great. One more thing to worry about. <_<

The other night, I was reading up on a particular currency from another country (Singapore).

Their rate is roughly 1.27 (Similar to the 1170 we see) or roughly $0.787 (Similar to the $0.00086 we see)

Their denominations run from a small as "1" note to as high as a "10,000" note.

Not only that, they have roughly 4 series of notes that all have the same denominations.

Now, this country also is similar to Iraq as they do a lot of bartering & exchanging. Therefore, they rely a lot on hard currency to do daily transactions.

But, what I find interesting, their highest note in circulation is roughly valued at $7,800 USD. This is likely used for "larger" purchases...

So, in my opinioin, consuming up 000 notes would come with ease as they would eventually make their way to banks. (From personal deposits or business depositss).

Makes one wonder, do they really need to get the 000s off the street even after a R/V? Or could they still be used?

See - a lot of the larger notes may easily be destroyed and put into electronic form.

Banks are becoming more and more advanced w/ their technology.

So, with all the banking "reform", education campaigning, executing of the plan, IMF articles, DFI releases, soveirgnity (sorry, I know that is not spelled right), backlog of foreign investors, laws pending to be passed, laws being passed, and the final details.... We may only speculate what will happen..

IMO, there is a hold-up, and it is a significant one. What the hold up is? Anyone's guess... But, once that hold-up is no longer a hold-up, we would see a flooding of the market.....

If it is a bank reform? Well, than we see that large amounts of USD exchanged for IQD to conduct business.... Would it make sense to increase the rate prior to that?

If it is a law issue: I.e., HCL - they are losing money on potential contracts signed the longer they delay

Ch. 7 issue: They're progressing on that.... And I believe the last two resolutions are something that may take time and are not necessarily "big issues"

Education campaign? I think we have all seen enough lifting of the 3 zeros to believe they should all know..

Here is a theory....... Lets say they have a rate in mind, but, they need to hit a target amount of foreign investors to balance that rate out. There by, what is cashed out is equally met by those that buy-in at the new rate. Could that be it? It would make sense..... But it is just a theory and nothing more.

All we can do is sit back, speculate, and hope for the best outcome.

Hey Darin, good to see your post again. I have to admit that you always keep me thinking. Agreed that banks are becoming more and more advanced but Iraq is in sore shape. They need electricity to be prevelant before any type of electronic banking could even begin to take shape within the public. I think an electronic banking system in Iraq that is similar to the US would solve alot of the issues that I have with a RV being imminet and I would like nothing more than to see it happen. I am willing to wait ten more years if I have to. The one problem that I believe is standing in the way (other than infrastructure) is the trust that Iraqis have in the banks. Hopefully they can overcome that and join the 21st century but like you said, we wait and see.

That would suck. I guess I never thought that much into it but it is something to think about. I mean who is going to exchange our "bad" dinar for "good" dinar? Maybe the CBI but I would really hate to fly to Iraq. Maybe Warka is the way to go but talk about shady. Great. One more thing to worry about. dry.gif

Yea I know.....I think I might go for the warka account myself.....they are guaranteed by the CBI (equivilant to our FDIC).....plus we will have access to the ISX....dont think its too bad of a deal.....

Yea I know.....I think I might go for the warka account myself.....they are guaranteed by the CBI (equivilant to our FDIC).....plus we will have access to the ISX....dont think its too bad of a deal.....

This maybe a stupid question but how do you get your dinar to them? Do they have a representative in the US or do you FED EX it or what? Hahaha. With my luck it would get lost in transit or something.

That is really my ONLY concern with the entire Dinar speculation. The return OF my investment vs. the return on investment.

If Iraq decides to introduce the smaller denoms I hope we will be able to exchange what we have now for the new currency... That is really my only fear. Also with most of the banks as well as a few major dealers no longer buying back the IQD anymore, it kind of makes me wonder how I am going to be able to make my exchange.

This maybe a stupid question but how do you get your dinar to them? Do they have a representative in the US or do you FED EX it or what? Hahaha. With my luck it would get lost in transit or something.

Good question. I have a Warka account but I haven't funded it. Not sure if I would mail my Dinars out there to Iraq, kind of risky... I'm probably going to fund the Warka account with 1 million dinar then just wait and see what happens.

I haven't purchased any dinars for a few years and wasn't planning on it, however, I think I might fund the Warka account with a small amount just in case...

Yes. However, they might choose to keep some for TB transactions between them and the CBI or even smaller banks. Who nows. Good post. GLTA and Go RV.

They will probably be valid for 1 year after the new currency is introduced. JMO

What we have to do is exchange our dinar back to USD here in the states, get the account started with warka, and then have our personal banks here wire the USD to our new warka account where a minimum is kept in USD (I think 150) and then you can tell them to transfer the rest into IDQ to be held....

They stopped accepting physical dinar awhile ago and they will now confiscate any attempt to send dinar through the mail LOL.....so much for the easy way!! Hahaha

What we have to do is exchange our dinar back to USD here in the states, get the account started with warka, and then have our personal banks here wire the USD to our new warka account where a minimum is kept in USD (I think 150) and then you can tell them to transfer the rest into IDQ to be held....

They stopped accepting physical dinar awhile ago and they will now confiscate any attempt to send dinar through the mail LOL.....so much for the easy way!! Hahaha

Yeah. There goes the dealer mark up. Figured I would lose that. Any thoughts on which banks would wire to warka or are any capable?

That is really my ONLY concern with the entire Dinar speculation. The return OF my investment vs. the return on investment.

If Iraq decides to introduce the smaller denoms I hope we will be able to exchange what we have now for the new currency... That is really my only fear. Also with most of the banks as well as a few major dealers no longer buying back the IQD anymore, it kind of makes me wonder how I am going to be able to make my exchange.

No kidding!! Seems all the dealers are heading for the hills!! Maybe they are taking what Iraq is saying seriously and are getting out of the picture asap??

Yeah. There goes the dealer mark up. Figured I would lose that. Any thoughts on which banks would wire to warka or are any capable?

I would think since Warka has their swift codes active now, I dont see why any bank couldnt wire them the money....I could be wrong but I dont see why they couldnt.....can any warka holders chime in? LOL The only other thing I can think of is that you might have to go through Citi bank since they are partnered with them.....

No kidding!! Seems all the dealers are heading for the hills!! Maybe they are taking what Iraq is saying seriously and are getting out of the picture asap??

I would think since Warka has their swift codes active now, I dont see why any bank couldnt wire them the money....I could be wrong but I dont see why they couldnt.....can any warka holders chime in? LOL The only other thing I can think of is that you might have to go through Citi bank since they are partnered with them.....

Thanks Keepem, Looks like I might just "sell my dinar" like all the bashers have been telling me to do. :lol: