Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

**Dinar rumors**

easyrider

10:50 PM

g wrote:I HAVE A WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO EVERYONE. FRIENDS OF MINE IN IRAQ. NOT AMERICANS, BUT IRAQIS, CALLED TODAY TO SAY THE REVALUATION OF THE DINAR HAPPENED ON JUNE 30TH. THE TV AND NEWSPAPERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCING THE EVENTUAL EXCHANGE OF THE CURRENT MONEY TO LOWER DENOMINATIONS, BUT IT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET FOR THEM (THE CITIZENS OF IRAQ). THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE BANKS TO ACCEPT THE OLD MONEY FOR THE NEW. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN, HOWEVER THEY EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN ANY DAY NOW. SO HANG IN THERE AND GO ABOUT YOUR LIFE HAPPILY. THIS MAY TAKE A BIT MORE TIME....SO FAR THEY DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE WHEN.

g wrote:by g » 07 Jul 2011 06:00 •

MAYBE A LITTLE MORE INFORMATION ON THE SITUATION WILL HELP. ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES HERE IN THE STATES IS FROM IRAQ. SHE GOT A CALL FROM HER BROTHER IN LAW IN BAGHDAD THIS MORNING. SHE IS INVESTED IN THE DINAR, AS WE ARE ALSO. SHE ASKED HER BROTHER IN LAW IF HE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE DINAR. SHE HAD NOT SPOKEN OF IT TO HIM BEFORE. HE WAS VERY SURPRISED AND SAID YES, HE KNEW THAT THE VALUE OF THE CURRENCY HAD CHANGED OR BEEN REDENOMINATED (MAYBE THAT IS A BETTER WORD) ON JUNE 30TH. AND THAT THEY EXPECT TO EXCHANGE THE HIGHER DENOMINATIONS FOR THE LOWER ONES SOON, BUT DID NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN. BUT THE GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN TELLING EVERYONE IN IRAQ TO GET READY TO EXCHANGE. HE IS AN EDUCATED PERSON FROM A FAMILY OF BUSINESS PEOPLE IN IRAQ.

I THINK THIS INFORMATION IS GOOD. IT WAS JUST RELAYED TO SHARE WITH YOU. NO HIDDEN AGENDA OR DESIRE. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. SORRY IF I UPSET ANYONE. THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. IN THE FUTURE I GUESS I WILL JUST KEEP THINGS TO MYSELF. SORRY.. BACK TO LURKING..

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

I'm confused with this post. If you read it again, the posters brother in law says it revalued on June 30th, but gives no explanation as to why they think that. In the very next sentence they say that the citizens have not seen it yet(but it has not happened yet for them). They clearly do not state they saw the rv on TV, only that changes were coming. The poster also throws out the sympathy card at the end(for no reason). I know several folks in Iraq invested, who speak with the locals daily, and there is no talk that any rate increase has occurred......not bashing this person, just curious why they think it rv'd on the 30th.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1