Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

good friend

bigrob

or sekcond or theird...I mieght gess at tent..... :P:P:P:P:P

Holy freking cow, now I have what he has...... :P:P:P

Hmmm....Don't get me started on this one.

Don't think it's his 2nd or 3rd either :lol:

Ok.... At least he/she tried and committed him/herself in learning a foreign language unlike lots, multitudes of other people. just too lazy to do it because their language is apparently so important and they feel they'll never want and/or need to learn any other language as long as others will bust their butts in learning your language...

GET A LIFE BIGROB, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LIFE YOU CAN START WITH GOING TO NEXT PUBLIC SCHOOL AND ENROL IN ADULT EDUCATION CLASS, THEY ARE FREE.

TRANSLATION:

"Get a life, BigRob. If you don't have a life, you can start with going to next (?) public school and enrolling in adult education classes. They are free."

You'll note that your sentence went from one sentence divided by commas to three sentences divided with periods, with some corrections within the sentences as well, including change of tense and adding a gerund and a plural. You might want to enroll in one of those classes yourself.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people come to the boards and tell others to correct their spelling and grammar when they themselves aren't much better.

I think this poster was just trying to faithfully share intel that he had with us, and I thank him for that! :) :) :)

• Upvote 1

GET A LIFE BIGROB, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LIFE YOU CAN START WITH GOING TO NEXT PUBLIC SCHOOL AND ENROL IN ADULT EDUCATION CLASS, THEY ARE FREE.

Wow thats a bit harsh and uncalled for even on my standards bro. You don't know this guy, english might not be his first language and even if it was, no need for this comment. YOU spelled "enroll" wrong btw

• Upvote 1

TRANSLATION:

"Get a life, BigRob. If you don't have a life, you can start with going to next (?) public school and enrolling in adult education classes. They are free."

You'll note that your sentence went from one sentence divided by commas to three sentences divided with periods, with some corrections within the sentences as well, including change of tense and adding a gerund and a plural. You might want to enroll in one of those classes yourself.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people come to the boards and tell others to correct their spelling and grammar when they themselves aren't much better.

I think this poster was just trying to faithfully share intel that he had with us, and I thank him for that! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

[/quote

SORRY FOXYROXY,

MY ENGLISH GRAMMER WAS NOT PERFECT ENOUGH FOR YOU!

ENGLISH IS MY 3RD LANGUAGE.

HOW MANY LANGUAGE DO YOU SPEAK, WRITE AND READ PROPERLY?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When I came to USA, the first thing I did was enroll in a school to learn American English, to be able to communicate properly, instead of asking a translator for my driver license test or any other business license that I got. I have much better spelling more than most of American who was born and raised here , BUT, IF MY ENGLISH GRAMMER IS NOT PERFECT ENOUGH FOR COUPLE OF YOU!

HOW MANY LANGUAGE DO YOU SPEAK, READ OR WRITE?

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/73496-good-friend/page__st__40#ixzz1RIXVzM00

• Downvote 1

When I came to USA, the first thing I did was enroll in a school to learn American English, to be able to communicate properly, instead of asking a translator for my driver license test or any other business license that I got. I have much better spelling more than most of American who was born and raised here , BUT, IF MY ENGLISH GRAMMER IS NOT PERFECT ENOUGH FOR COUPLE OF YOU!

It's not your English grammar that's in question here.....It's your attitude !!!

• Upvote 5

ENROL??? Really? blink.gif wow, please look in the mirror. Sure it's not EDOOKASHUN? Let's not just bash wildly here. Oh, and you DON'T HAVE TO SCREAM!!! The guy had marbles in his mouth and was simply pronouncing each word and then spelling it as it sounded. Don't you do that regularly?

laugh.gif

Peace Out

I love you guys!

But seriously... spelling and grammar are very important! I can't stress this enough! The quality of an individual really comes out in how they communicate with others, and the written and spoken word are both very important aspects of communication. If this was told to one verbally over the phone with inflections and enunciations exactly as it was written, one would be completely baffled.

YES, spelling and grammar are very important! But the question is: Are they so important HERE??? This is supposed to be a "safe" place where one can come and share and talk and "let his/her hair down," supposedly without having to worry about whether or not they can spell! If we chase everybody away because of their obvious "issues" in that department, we, unfortunately, would also have to attack some of the so-called "gurus," as well (God forbid -- lol)! :P

That said, this has to be one of the FUNNIEST THREADS I've ever read!!! Despite my indignance over some of the comments, I am IN STITCHES (especially right before bedtime)!!! Going back and re-reading everything, it's SO FUNNY!!!

Oh, dear, what will we find to pick on POST-RV???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 2

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/73496-good-friend/page__st__40#ixzz1RIXVzM00

TRANSLATION:

I think this poster was just trying to faithfully share intel that he had with us, and I thank him for that! :) :) :)

run on sentence

lack of commas, under punctuated sentence

split infinitive

I am sorry. I am really only joking. Some things are just too inviting to resist. I know we are not perfect; at least I am not. and I certainly do not put any extra effort into the spelling and grammar on a forum site. I am really not laughing at you but hopefully laughing with you.

If, however, you have a truncated sense of humour, or have had a bad day, then I guess I am ... ah ... screwed. Yes, I do have a bad language streak in me. hahahaha

:)

smee2

run on sentence

lack of commas, under punctuated sentence

split infinitive

I am sorry. I am really only joking. Some things are just too inviting to resist. I know we are not perfect; at least I am not. and I certainly do not put any extra effort into the spelling and grammar on a forum site. I am really not laughing at you but hopefully laughing with you.

If, however, you have a truncated sense of humour, or have had a bad day, then I guess I am ... ah ... screwed. Yes, I do have a bad language streak in me. hahahaha

:)

smee2

Believe me, I'm taking your post in the spirit with which you wrote it, but you are totally incorrect.

The sentence you highlighted in blue contains only ONE subject and ONE verb, "sentence" and "went." Therefore, it is NOT a run-on sentence. Where would you put a period to split it? You would be left with a sentence fragment without a subject or verb.

Secondly, what you highlighted in green is punctuated correctly the way I wrote it. Believe it or not, not all long sentences require punctuation. Where would you add it? It is unnecessary. Not only do most people use too many commas, but there is no rule to dictate further punctuation in that sentence.

Thirdly, what you highlighted in red is blatantly wrong and is written correctly. However, I will concede that that sentence could be up for debate.

Even with all that said, I make my living in the written word, and I've learned that "proper" isn't always the right way to go anymore. As language evolves, so does etymology, and unfortunately, eventually, the grammar books will be re-written to accommodate the illiterate.

By the way, didn't you mean you have a POOR language streak??? And again, that said, your sentence could be taken the wrong way. :lol:;) (JK)

Thanks for the post. I enjoyed the rebuttle! :D

Kudos, and thx for more lafs... :);)

Yes, I am married....I think that's why I lie so often on these forums....call me?

That figures. So what should I call you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Seriously, six languages is impressive!! ;) )

TRANSLATION:

YOU SAID IT and WELL EXPLAINED, FoxyRoxy; it is upsetting to see adult men and women critizising, behaving and acting as children, when they are guilty of the same doing. Thanks for telling like it is! ! ! ! !