Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank Story- too funny...

TeeMoney

First and probably last post on the board. I like to stay away from the boards as much as possible because they can suck you in... like many of you on here already know... But I had a funny story to tell...

I went into Chase this morning to wire some funds to my warka account. After I had signed off on the wire I asked the banker if he had ever had anybody send wire money to a warka account. He said, " no, he had not personally". He then asked where warka was and what type of investment it was? I told him, " in Iraq".

He said, " oh, I see..." ( and no.... Not with wide eyes while he pushes himself back into his seat... But just very casually)

I said, " yeah. I've just been following the money and noticed that just about every country in the world it seems, is pouring money into Iraq"

He said, " yeah, that's a good idea. Get into there on the ground floor while they are at a bottom. My buddy just moved back to Baghdad, because he has a construction company. ( I dont know if he meant that he went there to build stuff or he went there because his construction company here wasn't making any money)

Haha... Literally, less than 30 seconds later he says, " oh, but make sure you stay away from the dinar, that's still up in the air. You'll want to stay away from that,"

I just about started laughing, but I just smiled and said, " good to know, thanks for the info"

Stood up said goodbye and shook his hand and walked out....

This guy had no idea what he was talking about. First he tells me that it's a great idea to get into Iraq at the ground level but then tells me to stay away from the dinar.... Haha... I just thought to myself, when you invest in a country, you are also investing in their currency. If their currency collapses, so does the structure inside the country. You just contradicted yourself big time buddy...

the way he jumped to say, " stay out of the dinar,cause that's still up in the air" almost sounded like he was told to tell people that.

Anyways, you probably won't hear from me again unless I have something worth while to post. And I figured, everybody loves the bank story... Lol

• Upvote 9

So, here's my story. Went into the bank where I bought my dinar a long time ago. Casually asked if they still bought and sold dinar. The teller says, "Nooooo, we are staying away from that one. That dinar stuff makes me nervous, kind of like when someone wants to talk Amway with you". I just laughed.

I opened up an account at a bank and the investment guy always calls the new clients and says I can't believe that you purchased Dinars, that might not turn out like you think. I told him neither does the powerball tickets I purchase but that doesn't stop me. Can't wait to give him a call back and tell him how much money I have to invest with him. Ask him what he offers and then hang up on him mid sentence...lol

• Upvote 2

Seems most of the bank stories are similar. I called 3 or four of the major banks around my home town today and they have all said that the IQD isn't on their "list" of foreign currencies to buy or sell in. I was referred to a major airport in the area and confirmed with a phone call that they do currently buy and sell IQD. Doesn't mean anything really except that I can still buy local without wire charges. I'm a newbie, 'long for the ride...long or short....kinda like one of those lazy rivers, relax and watch the scenery. I have been educated and entertained by this forum. Go RV!