Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prophets, prophets, and not one correct!

Nelg

I would like to apologize for my participation in the biblical discussions that have transpired in this forum about prophecy. It must have annoyed most of you who have no interest in the topic. Yet I did notice that even “the annoyed” have given their opinion on the matter. My comments were directed to the abuse of passages brought into the debate. I bear no one any ill will; quite the contrary. I appreciate those who question, reason, and try to understand the meaning and application of the Bible. But it becomes tiresome and futile when we start attacking the personal character or mental capacity of the post writer.

Those unfamiliar with Scripture can see no relevance for this discussion. Frankly, I agree with them. We could bring up a thousand passages that would “prove” our position to be correct concerning spiritual gifts of prophecy. They are irrelevant to the subject at hand. . It has been proven by current events that the words of prophecy were false and the speaker was misguided. That should end the matter. It hasn’t and the string of forum comments gets wound tighter.

I had copied some of the comments made and have written several pages that would justify my stance concerning prophecy today. It was packed with Greek word studies, exegesis of relevant passages, and syllogistic reasoning. Then it dawned on me that I am not on a theological site! I was not discussing the merits of investing in the dinar, the intricacies of the culture and government of Iraq, or even the humorous events that have transpired. We even had a forum that encouraged us to communicate better and use appropriate grammar. Yet that seemed to fall on deaf ears as well. So I am making a choice not to write in this forum about prophets, or miracles, or passages from the Bible. Now that is going to be hard to do! I have been a Bible teacher and a student of the Bible and God ever since I became a Christian and it is my nature to share the Word of God and my Lord. So it will be hard.

If Adam wishes to open a biblical forum then I will be the first one there to discuss and write. Those that are irritated, frustrated, and annoyed by the healthy biblical debates can simply refrain from reading. The rest of us can debate till the cows come home.

By the way, the title is a “bait and switch” just to get you here.

Nelg

• Upvote 4

You're absolutely right, Nelg. (Don't cast your pearls before swine.) Before I was born again and I tried to read and understand the Bible, it totally confused me. But since I TRULY accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, things began to make sense and a HUNGER for wisdom, understanding and knowledge prevailed. Hallelujah! I see so many lost people and remember that at one time, I was just like them. It's so much better to be in the world but not of the world. I would love to read your original post you referenced. Where can I find that? I think there are many Christians on this site and we need fellow Christians to speak faith in the one true God and His Word. So don't quit and don't compromise. Wouldn't satan just love that?

• Upvote 1

You're absolutely right, Nelg. (Don't cast your pearls before swine.) Before I was born again and I tried to read and understand the Bible, it totally confused me. But since I TRULY accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, things began to make sense and a HUNGER for wisdom, understanding and knowledge prevailed. Hallelujah! I see so many lost people and remember that at one time, I was just like them. It's so much better to be in the world but not of the world. I would love to read your original post you referenced. Where can I find that? I think there are many Christians on this site and we need fellow Christians to speak faith in the one true God and His Word. So don't quit and don't compromise. Wouldn't satan just love that?

People are not lost, just not called yet. I believe in the bible it make mention that your name has to be remove from the book of life................remember this is a day of salvation not the only day............just saying.............PS God is plural

Edited by radar12354

Thanks for your post and kind words. The material I referred to was never posted. I just simply wrote the article, thought better of continuing a discussion that only perpetuated arguments (IMO) that were going nowhere. Therefore I decided to not post the material. It was too technical and long. Sorry about that.

Writing of faith, love, hope, and salvation in Christ is a wonderful adventure, but it has it's serious challenge. "Let not many become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter [greater] judgment" (James 3:1). This is not a condemning judgment but a scrutinizing evaluation of what you say or write. Therefore we must be careful students of the Word and as correct as we can be from our human perspective. And this is the way it should be.

I agree that we need to speak of our faith in Christ and the joy of salvation through His death, burial and resurrection. And, many do. I pray that the saints (Christians) are encourage by them and that they may influence those who have no faith to study and learn of God. My observation is that it takes a different track and denominational [human divisions] positions are presented and defended bringing reproach to our Lord and His church. I don't want to be involved in those discussions, but I get drawn in like everyone else.

I may change my stance, but right now, that's where I am.

• Upvote 1

I would like to apologize for my participation in the biblical discussions that have transpired in this forum about prophecy. It must have annoyed most of you who have no interest in the topic. Yet I did notice that even “the annoyed” have given their opinion on the matter. My comments were directed to the abuse of passages brought into the debate. I bear no one any ill will; quite the contrary. I appreciate those who question, reason, and try to understand the meaning and application of the Bible. But it becomes tiresome and futile when we start attacking the personal character or mental capacity of the post writer.

Those unfamiliar with Scripture can see no relevance for this discussion. Frankly, I agree with them. We could bring up a thousand passages that would “prove” our position to be correct concerning spiritual gifts of prophecy. They are irrelevant to the subject at hand. . It has been proven by current events that the words of prophecy were false and the speaker was misguided. That should end the matter. It hasn’t and the string of forum comments gets wound tighter.

I had copied some of the comments made and have written several pages that would justify my stance concerning prophecy today. It was packed with Greek word studies, exegesis of relevant passages, and syllogistic reasoning. Then it dawned on me that I am not on a theological site! I was not discussing the merits of investing in the dinar, the intricacies of the culture and government of Iraq, or even the humorous events that have transpired. We even had a forum that encouraged us to communicate better and use appropriate grammar. Yet that seemed to fall on deaf ears as well. So I am making a choice not to write in this forum about prophets, or miracles, or passages from the Bible. Now that is going to be hard to do! I have been a Bible teacher and a student of the Bible and God ever since I became a Christian and it is my nature to share the Word of God and my Lord. So it will be hard.

If Adam wishes to open a biblical forum then I will be the first one there to discuss and write. Those that are irritated, frustrated, and annoyed by the healthy biblical debates can simply refrain from reading. The rest of us can debate till the cows come home.

By the way, the title is a “bait and switch” just to get you here.

Nelg

Hey Nelg........ It seems to me that the very place you have posted this entry

is the perfect place for it and any other entry you wish to make on the subject

of religion should be perfectly OK here as well.

Adam doesn't need to create another special forum for biblical matters. This is

the "Off Topic" Forum. The Forum heading states "anything goes here, just keep

it respectful." So that opens it to any contraversial subject as long as the

discussion stays civil and enjoyable to those participating.

The only other rule I would suggest could be added is to Clearly Label the post

so people clearly understand what they're gettin into. If someone doesn't like

whatever the subject of the post is then they would clearly not have the right

to go into it and complain about the topic.

It would be nice if Adam could pass judgement on this thinking. Adam???

Are you there Adam??? unsure.gif

Hi Zig,

You may be correct in stating that this would be the area for religious or biblical discussions. Anyone entering needs to understand that they are discussing biblical or religious matters. All participants need to be respectful of the others beliefs, but respect does not preclude a challenge to that belief. Iron sharpens iron.

However that does not mean a bashing and being disrespectful to the one holding that belief.

I put a message on your Member Page.

• Upvote 1

Nelg...good post..thanks for posting.

Zig...Thanks for your post as well, it shows we can have respectful differences of opinions and in most cases remain friends.

and thanks to the others that replid respectfully, looks like we had some intelligent, respectful folks on here. Cheers and blessings to all