Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So, you’re frustrated with this investment?

I want my expectations and desires met when I go to a restaurant. When I order steak I don’t want fish when the waiter brings my plate or tea when I wanted coffee. If I go to the bank and cash a check I want money out of my account not strings to fly a kite. I want gasoline for my car as I start the pumps not water. You get the picture. There are expectations and we become frustrated when these are not met.

One of the difficulties of participating in anything new with high-unknown factors is one’s expectation of what it will be like, what will happen next, and what will be the results. No one knows because it is unknown. If we participate with rigid expectations then any variation to what we expect become disconcerting and frustrating. Disruptions or radical changes of our personal expectation can be frustrating and ruin our experience; especially if it does not coincide with the way we think it ought to happen.

Experiencing an event without rigid personal expectation allows us to enjoy the moment-by-moment transitions without becoming frustrated. Seeing history change and being part of it is in itself exciting! I believe we are seeing history change. We are here and learning and listening and growing.

All of us have invested in the dinar to become richer than we are right now. Otherwise we would not have invested. Stating dates and rates is part of the experience. I laugh at the logic of some predictions, get annoyed at the “prophecies” and lack of biblical knowledge some have, saddened at the hateful remarks and ill-tempered posters, and laugh at the puns.

Seeing the changes in Iraq and the world that influence the economy of nations is fascinating and educational. My personal wallet will feel the result as well. I am either richer or poorer depending on what happens. Financially, I am neither poor nor rich. Someone once said, "I've been poor and I've been rich. Rich is better!"

Don't let the expectation of the gurus or the naysayers destroy your experience with this investment. It’s a good one. Have patience. I have a friend that says, “Patience is the second shortest thing he’s got!” I’ll leave that to your imagination. Thank the person who introduced you to the opportunity to participate in becoming wealthy.

• Upvote 8

Nelg...Bravo, Bravo

Just to supplement your insight, the best advice that is given in investing is that there is NO FREE LUNCH. In essense, everything has risks and trade offs. The risk for this investment is that it won't pay out BIG time. It is highly unlikely, but still possible, that we may be holding something that in the future, will be totally worthless, but I think the chances of that are unlikely. Right now, you can turn in your dinar for probably at least what you bought them for, minus a handling fee. You can't do that with a lotto ticket now can you?

I have LOTS of contacts in the military establishment. I rarely bring up the dinar, but I do ask returning warriors how things are going in Iraq...I have yet to hear ANYONE say things are doing worse...always always always...it is things are improving. Almost all of these guys/gals have done tours in both Iraq and Afghanastan and without failure they say that we are clearly on the right path with Iraq and believe great things are in store for that country...in time. Even now we can see the domino effect throughout the middle east and northern africa, that both us being there and the internet (ability for them to see what others have) has provided.

So yes patience is what it will take to be successful. Those with a long term plan of atleast 5-7 years will most likely do very well. For me, very well is anything over 10% a year, so maybe my expectations are a bit more reserved than many. By the way, when it comes to Afghanastan....things are not so good...expectations are low for any type of long term success.

That's my :twocents:

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 1

Nelg...Bravo, Bravo

Just to supplement your insight, the best advice that is given in investing is that there is NO FREE LUNCH. In essense, everything has risks and trade offs. The risk for this investment is that it won't pay out BIG time. It is highly unlikely, but still possible, that we may be holding something that in the future, will be totally worthless, but I think the chances of that are unlikely. Right now, you can turn in your dinar for probably at least what you bought them for, minus a handling fee. You can't do that with a lotto ticket now can you?

I have LOTS of contacts in the military establishment. I rarely bring up the dinar, but I do ask returning warriors how things are going in Iraq...I have yet to hear ANYONE say things are doing worse...always always always...it is things are improving. Almost all of these guys/gals have done tours in both Iraq and Afghanastan and without failure they say that we are clearly on the right path with Iraq and believe great things are in store for that country...in time. Even now we can see the domino effect throughout the middle east and northern africa, that both us being there and the internet (ability for them to see what others have) has provided.

So yes patience is what it will take to be successful. Those with a long term plan of atleast 5-7 years will most likely do very well. For me, very well is anything over 10% a year, so maybe my expectations are a bit more reserved than many. By the way, when it comes to Afghanastan....things are not so good...expectations are low for any type of long term success.

That's my TwoCents.gif

Megan Fox will you marry me? ohmy.gifohmy.gif

• Upvote 1

I want my expectations and desires met when I go to a restaurant. When I order steak I don’t want fish when the waiter brings my plate or tea when I wanted coffee. If I go to the bank and cash a check I want money out of my account not strings to fly a kite. I want gasoline for my car as I start the pumps not water. You get the picture. There are expectations and we become frustrated when these are not met.

One of the difficulties of participating in anything new with high-unknown factors is one’s expectation of what it will be like, what will happen next, and what will be the results. No one knows because it is unknown. If we participate with rigid expectations then any variation to what we expect become disconcerting and frustrating. Disruptions or radical changes of our personal expectation can be frustrating and ruin our experience; especially if it does not coincide with the way we think it ought to happen.

Experiencing an event without rigid personal expectation allows us to enjoy the moment-by-moment transitions without becoming frustrated. Seeing history change and being part of it is in itself exciting! I believe we are seeing history change. We are here and learning and listening and growing.

All of us have invested in the dinar to become richer than we are right now. Otherwise we would not have invested. Stating dates and rates is part of the experience. I laugh at the logic of some predictions, get annoyed at the “prophecies” and lack of biblical knowledge some have, saddened at the hateful remarks and ill-tempered posters, and laugh at the puns.

Seeing the changes in Iraq and the world that influence the economy of nations is fascinating and educational. My personal wallet will feel the result as well. I am either richer or poorer depending on what happens. Financially, I am neither poor nor rich. Someone once said, "I've been poor and I've been rich. Rich is better!"

Don't let the expectation of the gurus or the naysayers destroy your experience with this investment. It’s a good one. Have patience. I have a friend that says, “Patience is the second shortest thing he’s got!” I’ll leave that to your imagination. Thank the person who introduced you to the opportunity to participate in becoming wealthy.

Truly sorry for the 6 paragraph quote people, I know it's annoying. Nelg, can you please contact me on my Profile. Let's talk. Thanks, Slay.

Those with a long term plan of atleast 5-7 years will most likely do very well.

End Quote

5-7 years starting from when ? I' ve been into this for more than 7 years already.... You're not telling me that I need to resist another 5-7 years, are you?

Megan Fox will you marry me? ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Make sure she's really the one in the pic before asking. That's not always the case.Just saying.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, but I think the message goes unheard.

Nelg........... Not sure why the low amount of traffic. Probably because your post is too

positive and makes too much sense. Nothing for others to argue with or bash.

Anyway, nice insight. I for one appreciate it.

BTW... "Rich is better," was Frank Sinatra.

• Upvote 2

Truly sorry for the 6 paragraph quote people, I know it's annoying. Nelg, can you please contact me on my Profile. Let's talk. Thanks, Slay.

Hi Slay,

Could not send you a message from your profile. Don't know why. I'm new to posting in different forms. Mine are usually on blogs or emails. However, I would appreciate a good conversation. It's much quicker.:D

Excellent posts to all, thanks so much for the great insight and inspiration. This thread has been one of the best I have read in months.

I have invested more money on a 3 credit college course than I have invested in IQD, but I want to point out that the knowledge I have gained throughout this process has brought me more value - I have gained more knowledge in subjects I never found very interesting. I was a great student of arts and technology, however world politics, world history, religion and economics where the types of classes I day dreamed through. I was complacent about saving for my future and investing, not because I didn't know better, it was the fear of learning something I thought was so complicated. This learning experience has allowed me to teach my children and friends and I hope to set a great example and this shall be my legacy.

The true fear is not when this finally RV's, but once it does, what next....managing wealth is a huge responsibility and I am not one who will be getting umbrella drinks, I might make them to save money, however. Best of luck to those who understand and to those who don't, please pay attention.

Nelg, I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for the good words. C.H.

DinarDana user_popup.png I totally agree! This has been a VERY educational ride. I have enjoyed it, and have been able to even teach some of my students what I've learned.

Although I will say my favorite experience has been when I told my class about the RV. (we are hoping to fund our film with it) Later that week I was reading / lurking, on DV chat, and one of my eight year old students got here early. When he walked in and saw me on my computer, he said "whatcha doin?" I said reading about the RV. I told him, these are all the people waiting on the RV. He looked at the list of people LURKING at the right of the screen and said "How are all those people gonna fit in our RV? laugh.gif

These are the moments in life that I love! . . . smile.gif

Kids are SO STINKIN PRECIOUS!

The Long Run

Kids Matter

Edited by MovieMaker
  • Upvote 3

Hmmm...how long do we have to invest before this hit big? Well I can answer that if you can answer this: how long is a piece of string? The answer is: it depends.

If you HAVE held Dinar for atleast 5 years, my guess is that you've made approx 40% (give or take). Not happy with that? In the same amount of time, the S&P has made roughly 14%, see here:

http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EGSPTSE#symbol=^gsptse;range=5y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=;

So you've made over 340% more than the one of the most notable stock exchanges with almost zero risk. Oh and Savings accounts are bringing in what?? 2% a year now?

As investors we have to get out of the 1990's paradigm that safe investments should be making at least 10% a year....HELLO Toto, we aren't in Kanas anymore...and today's investment environment isn't where the lollipop guild hangs out:

I hope that we hit it big, like all of you, but regardless, this investment has made more than almost any other investment in the same amount of time with almost zero risk. Maybe we ARE on the yellow brick road afterall.

But then again, this is only my :twocents:

• Upvote 1

Excellent posts to all, thanks so much for the great insight and inspiration. This thread has been one of the best I have read in months.

I have invested more money on a 3 credit college course than I have invested in IQD, but I want to point out that the knowledge I have gained throughout this process has brought me more value - I have gained more knowledge in subjects I never found very interesting. I was a great student of arts and technology, however world politics, world history, religion and economics where the types of classes I day dreamed through. I was complacent about saving for my future and investing, not because I didn't know better, it was the fear of learning something I thought was so complicated. This learning experience has allowed me to teach my children and friends and I hope to set a great example and this shall be my legacy.

The true fear is not when this finally RV's, but once it does, what next....managing wealth is a huge responsibility and I am not one who will be getting umbrella drinks, I might make them to save money, however. Best of luck to those who understand and to those who don't, please pay attention.

Broaden your knowledge a little more. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Fed and fractional banking as well as Rothschilds (Rott schield or Red Shield was the original adopted name of this family). The cartoon-like video is about 1/2 hour, but has a lot of good and true info. I love it !!

Get a cup, watch, learn and enjoy.

Vote for RON PAUL. He wants to do away with both the Fed and their strong-arm collection agency, AKA the dreaded IRS.

Thanks for all the positive comments on this post. And Tiffany that clip is ideal for what we all have read about the LOP! Good find. This is one of my favorite movies. The Munchkins are fun characters in the film. My wife and I created a rainbow for our wedding day some 48 years ago, and we had "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sung by a friend of ours during the wedding. When our child was born the invitations were engraved with a drawing of the rainbow with a basket of gold at the end of the bow. I painted a bluebird for one of my anniversary presents to her. So the movie has significant meaning to us. When the dinar RVs we will put the money into a irrevocable trust with a name containing "bluebird" from this movie. Hence, this is very significant to us. Thanks.

Sorry, didn't mean to become nostalgic and bore everyone.

All of us are waiting for our dreams to partially fulfilled by this investment.

Now, everyone say "awwww." :D

Nelg...Thank you for the Kind compliments. And I'm glad you enjoyed my references and that it took you down memory lane...which brings up something similar.

Until very recently I worked with a lot of young girls...so we often would reference the Wiz of Oz in regards to each other...as in there goes a "scarecrow"...a girl with no brains (yes, we can be catty), or don't look behind the curtain (if you didn't want to REALLY know what was going on). Of course "We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto" was one of my favorites.

Hower, the best one I thought was when someone was being mean...we would refer to it as .....I wonder where HER flying monkeys are? ha ha :D

Hey Tiffany, Just looked at your information. I didn't know you were from NZ. How is everything in Kiwi Land? My wife and I lived in Auckland for seven years and our daughter was born at Mater Hospital. That was a long time ago. Loved NZ and have been back several times. I have lots of friends in Auckland and Tauranga.