Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

end the nonsense

jpandlef3

end the nonsense  

142 members have voted

1. 1. simple poll for the members to remove the trouble makers. the question is if you have more than negative 20 and constantly disrupt the flow here you will be banned.

• good idea
    • bad idea

did not see a poll section most of the nonsense comes out of rumor's so i put it here.

Probably would have been more appropriate in the "Off Topic" forum, but really... it probably would not have mattered where you posted because cencorship is one of the more popular issues within the Bill Of Rights for Americans in general. However, for those who cry censorship: This is a privately owned website and is therefore governed by the owner and not the Bill Of Rights. Adam Montana has gone a long way to allow us the freedom to discuss this and many other issues, but there should be a sense of responsibility that comes with that freedom. Let us not get carried away from the focus of the site for matters like this one. It is generally more effective to ignore the childish pranksters and the combative opinions of self elevated morons. The idea to ban was sincere I am certain, but it would come with unintended consequences and you can be sure of that. Bumper is correct to say anyone can have a bad day, and some give negatives on the basis of which side of the bed they got up on... B)

• Upvote 2

poll

thank you for the thought out respone when i created this post and poll it was emotion based so i did not set it up very well or say what i was truly wanting to say. we as a country are moving towards a nanny state where control of all we do is the intended goal and my opinion ron paul is the only one i would even think about in 2012. so after saying that to point out my postion my intended goal was to attempt to set up a system by the majority on this site to have the power to suggest people like chuckster3 be asked to go and banned. people will have different opinoins and yes neg 20 was not a good idea if you are not causing deliberate trouble. if you neg 1000 and its because people disagree than you are just part of the conversation this was my intended point.

Probably would have been more appropriate in the "Off Topic" forum, but really... it probably would not have mattered where you posted because cencorship is one of the more popular issues within the Bill Of Rights for Americans in general. However, for those who cry censorship: This is a privately owned website and is therefore governed by the owner and not the Bill Of Rights. Adam Montana has gone a long way to allow us the freedom to discuss this and many other issues, but there should be a sense of responsibility that comes with that freedom. Let us not get carried away from the focus of the site for matters like this one. It is generally more effective to ignore the childish pranksters and the combative opinions of self elevated morons. The idea to ban was sincere I am certain, but it would come with unintended consequences and you can be sure of that. Bumper is correct to say anyone can have a bad day, and some give negatives on the basis of which side of the bed they got up on... B)

thank you for the thought out respone when i created this post and poll it was emotion based so i did not set it up very well or say what i was truly wanting to say. we as a country are moving towards a nanny state where control of all we do is the intended goal and my opinion ron paul is the only one i would even think about in 2012. so after saying that to point out my postion my intended goal was to attempt to set up a system by the majority on this site to have the power to suggest people like chuckster3 be asked to go and banned. people will have different opinoins and yes neg 20 was not a good idea if you are not causing deliberate trouble. if you neg 1000 and its because people disagree than you are just part of the conversation this was my intended point.

"Keeping it real" means posting verified news articles. Even if the articles are seemingly negative, they're articles, not attitudes. If we here on DV allow negative thinkers to continue their rants, it only lends to a negative attitude or result with regard to creating wealth for ourselves. This is why I think the nay-sayers should go. Negative emotions attract more negative emotions and therefore negative outcomes. Dwell on the positive, and create it!

• Upvote 2

The majority of the time it's NOT the message that is the problem but the manner in which it is delivered. If people could only understand that we are a very open minded community and very willing to listen to other peoples thoughts and experiences, just don't be rude. And it goes a LONG way if you can back it up with data.

I rarely have a problem with other people's opinions...frankly most of my friends on this site are bible thumbing conservatives, which is very different than my beliefs...but I love them all dearly. In fact, there isn't one person on here that when I approached them either on their own ground (via message in profile) or on the subject responces themselves, that I haven't come to a friendly understanding with. It's all about RESPECT.

Oh and as a reader, I ALWAYS have the option of moving on...I don't HAVE to reply. And to be really honest, I kind of like the bad boys. They have what Pureau79 might call "spunk", fire in the belly...I love that about a person...but that's just me.

Did some research on a whole lot of places and found Belize to my liking. They have a nice sized community of ex-pat Americans and Canandians there, plus their language is English, they use US$, and their banks operate under a little better rules than the glorified Swiss banks (ie: no reporting, etc.). Never heard any dissent as your son speaks of. Has he been there? Everything I have heard is quite the opposite.

As far as cash in is concerned, I'll probably just pay the taxes in the US. I know you may feel that is stupid, but I am a very "loyal to my country" type person. Besides, after I pay taxes and gift, I'm looking at maybe $750K, mainly because I have three adult kids I want to leave a legacy to before I kick.

By the way, I'm way down South Joisey. Only about 40 miles or so from Cape May Point, and you can't go much farther south than that without swimming.

I'll look up Grand Cayman and read some reports from this travel sight I belong to, see what people say. Put your email on my wall or whatever you call it here and I'll get back to you within a couple of days. Gotta spend some time with those three kids I was talking about starting in about one hour.

I'm thinking you guys need to take this conversation to the VIP section. You have no idea who is on the open forum.

• Upvote 1

The majority of the time it's NOT the message that is the problem but the manner in which it is delivered. If people could only understand that we are a very open minded community and very willing to listen to other peoples thoughts and experiences, just don't be rude. And it goes a LONG way if you can back it up with data.

Oh and as a reader, I ALWAYS have the option of moving on...I don't HAVE to reply. And to be really honest, I kind of like the bad boys. They have what Pureau79 might call "spunk", fire in the belly...I love that about a person...but that's just me.

Tiffy,

That's what we love about our friendship... The ability to find the common ground even when we see from opposite ends of the spectrum (seldom as that may be).

Furball

I believe that banning someone is wrong, unless it's gets to the point of threats or violence.

I think that all should be allowed to put out their thoughts, and let the members self regulate the conversation with intelligent responces.

We are all grown-ups here, and should be able to pursuade those with ignorant or hateful responces to stop and re-think what they are saying.

I'm just saying we should, as adults, be able to have a converstation with out being told to hush our mouth.

krome2ez, Your point is well taken because I am an adult and also mature enough to comprehend the context of that point. However, you missed one all important fact here... We (here) do not all behave as adults and the powers of persuasion are only useful to those with a proclivity to being persuaded. It's rather like the "leading a horse to water" analogy. You can pour wisdom all over someone but cannot make them receive it. This electronic format denies one a look into the eyes of the detractors and trouble-makers and therefore, they WILL NOT "self-regulate" because acountability is not direct or meaningful. They hide behind their IP address with the knowledge that most people will never know their true identity, cowards become lions for a moment and S@^! birds think skimming the surface is akin to soaring with eagles. It is the nature of the weak-minded and cowards to behave this way. I have witnessed this on DV many, many times. Bumper's action was the only recourse.

B)

There are too many variables in this forum to just start banning peeps because they may have too many negatives. IMO peeps should be banned for bad behaviour, language, troublemaking etc. Keep the forums open to all opinions, isnt this what the forums are all about?. It seems to me that the Guru posts cause more trouble in here than anything else. WHY? Because we all want to believe the dates and rates. Believe what has been proven with links peeps. Personally I love the Guru's posts, but their intell sources are only gonna let out what they are told to let out and that may be accurate or misinformation at the time of posting. To end the nonsense would be to not get upset at what you are reading in the forums because it is not what you want to read. This is an investment and if you wanna stay sane you have to leave the emotions out of the equation. It seems to me that there are allot of good peeps who are members of this site or frequent it for info. We all want the same thing here, UHM, information and RV. Lets say that we all just act like adults, then there will be no need for any banning. Just my opinion. Go Iraq! Go RV! ;)

I agree with the post that said -20 could be reached very easily... say for example I drop a L>O>P bomb-I am in for it. -20 is reached within 5 seconds.

Disclaimer-in no way am I, who goes by the handle MGRMGRMBR, stating that I belive and or think there is even a small chane of a LOP (just incase we do impose the -20 law). :P:P:P:P

I do agree with you that people can and will hide behind thier computer and say things that they wouldn't dare to in person.

But my point was that the conversation had not gotten to that point.

That only it was presumed to that it would.

And that it was instructed to talk only of dinar, even though the post was in off topic subjects.

I have nothing against Bumper. I respect the mods position.

I just felt, and still do, that the action of shutting down the conversation was premature and not thought out properly.

It is agreed. I did not reat that particular post as I tend to steer away from posts that do not specifically lend themselves to furthering my knowledge. I do occassionally look in on offtopics and rumors out of a sense of curiosity. Sometimes they go too far and others they get shut down prematurely (perhaps). It may depend upon the individual making the post(s) as some of them have a track record as well. I accept your assessment and digress...

B)

did not see a poll section most of the nonsense comes out of rumor's so i put it here.

There is an opinion section, and since you are asking for ours, opinions that is, I think perhaps that is where this type of post should go ... for next time ...

:)

smee2