Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What about the IMF deadline???

JERRY A

I was under the impression from reading many articles that if the RV did not occur by 6/30/11 that IRAQ would have to re-apply to the IMF and that process takes 5 years. Can any one provide any verifiable information on this matter?

• Upvote 3

Well, 4 years ago that was correct.... then 3 years ago that was correct,,,, then 2 years ago that was correct,,,, then 1 year ago that was correct,,, then it had to be done by the end of Oct. then by the end of 2010,,, then by 4/15 and now all of this,,, just hang lose,,, if it happens we will all be happy,,, if it doesn't then we will all be sad,,, NO ONE really knows but the BIG GUY unstairs,,, and He ain't telling,,,,

• Upvote 1

I was under the impression from reading many articles that if the RV did not occur by 6/30/11 that IRAQ would have to re-apply to the IMF and that process takes 5 years. Can any one provide any verifiable information on this matter?

This has been hyped beyond belief... The release of the DFI never really had anything to do with the potential for RV. What Iraq was supposed to do by June 30th was to state their intentions as to how they would proceed as a sovereign nation and a participant in the league of nations. Their goal is to move from chapter 7 sanctions into chapter 8 of the U.N. accords. June 30th has only been a date of interest but there has never been a requirement for them to RV/RI/RD, etc... B)

I don't think you read any news articles that said that. You read a bunch of postings by people that told you that. They obviously have no idea what they are talking about. But they have to justify their existence. Ironically, many of these same people will make ridiculous assertions about dates in the future and some people will still hang on their every word and get amped up all over again. Don't do it to yourself. It is very, very unlikely that there will be a sudden, overnight RV as these people are suggesting. Save yourself the aggravation and distraction and ignore them. We can only hope at some point they lose all credibility.

I don't think you read any news articles that said that. You read a bunch of postings by people that told you that. They obviously have no idea what they are talking about. But they have to justify their existence. Ironically, many of these same people will make ridiculous assertions about dates in the future and some people will still hang on their every word and get amped up all over again. Don't do it to yourself. It is very, very unlikely that there will be a sudden, overnight RV as these people are suggesting. Save yourself the aggravation and distraction and ignore them. We can only hope at some point they lose all credibility.

I'd settle for a slow, monotous drawn out RV....as long as it RVs....that sounds strangly familiar!!! There's nothing overnight about this...wish it weren't so!

The 6/30/11 timeframe is not a deadline but a rough window of RV. Under the 2110 G20 Economic Summit in Seoul, SK, 152 nations agreed to RV by the end of 2011. Some nations have indeed RV ed already. Other nations are now in the process. We still have 6 months. Iraq still must get this RV approved & passed through Parliament.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. This information at least appears to be more reliable.

• Upvote 2