Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Back off the ookie-aid

Don Paul

It appears that my last post may have caused some confusion amongst

a few readers and I would just like to begin by clarifying

something. Dr. Sinan Shabibi is NOT under house arrest. That is not

the case and it appears that I was once again, misquoted. Dr.

Shabibi can not leave the country for the time being. That is all.

This is not the same as house arrest. How long this order will be

kept active is anyone's guess. I have no other information on this

only that I have witnessed him being served with the order. The

Arabic Translation from the written order in English stated "Forced

Residency". This order was given after the meeting with the

Council of Minster on June 19th. This was when Dr. Shabibi was

advised not to leave the country. It is important to note that Dr.

Shabibi is one of two people in the CBI that will be asked to

present the Re-Denomination report to the Council of Ministries

when asked in the future.

When I recently wrote that Dr. Shabibi did not attend the 2011

International Arab Banking conference in Rome, Italy I stated that

because it is FACT. He was NOT there. The only thing I can tell you

is to look at and review all the news articles that came out in

regards to that meeting and I challenge anyone of you to find even

one article quoting Dr. Shabibi from the Arab Banking Summit.

Anyone saying he was there is mistaken. The confusion might stem

from all the news articles prior to the Arab Banking Summit listing

him as a guest speaker. However, you will discover that there is

not one article quoting him at the Summit event. It is customary

for him to speak at these meetings when he is an attendee. Dr.

Shabibi was quoted in prior Summit meetings in 2008 and 2009.

Chapter Seven

Contrary to what a few keep saying, Iraq and Chapter Seven will

most likely continue till the next review by the United Nations, in

December 2011. In another twist, Kuwait's newly planned port, will

more than likely obstruct the commerce of Iraq's only main deep

water port. The Kuwait government has assured the United Nations

that the new port would not violate the sovereignty of Iraq. This

will continue to be an issue in the months to come as Iraq is

challenged again to be released from Chapter Seven. The Iraqi port

has yet to be expanded and rebuilt due to lack of funding.

There is a lot of disinformation in regards to the Erbil agreement.

The word out there is that PM Maliki has to give up power and

this is just not true. PM Maliki does not have to give up his

power he just has to conduct Power Sharing with the al-Iraqiyah

list leader Iyad Allawi. PM Maliki is against the sharing of power

at this present time.

The Development Fund for Iraq

Some people appear to be confused in regards to what is happening

with the DFI fund. The account which the funds are located are in

the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and will remain for years to

come. The fund will most likely have a name change although the

name has not been revealed as of yet. 5% of the proceeds coming

from the oil sales each month goes to a special account the United

Nations has set up to pay for the reparations for Kuwait. Iraq

still owes 25 billion dollars to Kuwait.

Contrary to what some are claiming, Dr. Sinan Shabibi has never

said that he will RV the currency to meet the Iraq budget.

Another false statement made, the Iraq inflation rate is currently

7% and is rising due to increase in import prices not because they

don't have a tradable currency.

Regardless of all the disorganization and pace of a snail, Iraq

continues to make progress and strides in the banking sector as

well as the overall economy. I am hopeful that we will be able to

speak more positively in the coming months about all the

advancements and progress being made.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

(Though Ive quoted this not-so-popular gentleman who is actually IN Iraq, unlike most other 'gurus' out there, I personally hold a more positive view of this speculation, the primary being that Iraq is NO WAY worth 3500 times LESS than Kuwaitt, period.)

• Upvote 2

Not a bad post overall, but AC gets on my nerves with his constant attempts to inflate his worth.

Last week he said he knew what was in Shabibi's brown leather case, he knew about a speech that was prepared but wasn't given, and this week:

I have witnessed him being served with the order.

Really, AC? You "witnessed" it?

I'm not buying it, any more than I'm buying he knows a speech was prepared or knows what color and material Shabibi's briefcase is. These details are obviously added for "color and flair".

It's the littlest details that tell the whole tale, and AC's littlest details usually show me that he's looking for attention.

Just my :twocents: - the rest of the information was actually fairly accurate.

• Upvote 2

because it is FACT. He was NOT there.

End Quote

Well at the end of this article ( in italian) about the Arab Summit held in Rome it DOES state that Dr. Shabibi was indeed in Rome at that meeting.

http://www.focusmo.it/organi-internazionali/11411-si-chiude-oggi-linternational-arab-banking-summit-2011.html

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

because it is FACT. He was NOT there.

End Quote

Well at the end of this article ( in italian) about the Arab Summit held in Rome it DOES state that Dr. Shabibi was indeed in Rome at that meeting.

http://www.focusmo.it/organi-internazionali/11411-si-chiude-oggi-linternational-arab-banking-summit-2011.html

Yep. Looks like AC is full of it!

It is closed today, the International Arab Banking Summit 2011

Strengthen economic cooperation with countries of North Africa and Middle East (MENA) region to increase trade and investment opportunities and financing in this region, populated by over 300 million people, which is expected to grow by 3.6% in 2011 and 4.2% in 2012. With this aim, Italian and Arab banks and institutions met yesterday and today in Rome at the International Arab Banking Summit 2011, organized by Abi and Union of Arab Banks, sponsored by the European Banking Federation, the World Bank and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and dedicated this year to the theme "the future of the MENA region: the impact on the global economy." 

"Italy - said the vice president of ABI, Guido Rosa - is among the countries who look with interest the evolution political and economic situation of North Africa and Middle East. because of its geographical position and its historical experience, in fact, our country can be considered a natural port for trade with this area. "According to the latest ISTAT figures, 9% of Italian exports and imports about 12% of the MENA countries.

The strategic importance of trade relations with this region is also demonstrated by the strong presence of Italian banks and lines of credit made available to businesses by the banking sector. According to data from ABI, the Italian banks have already provided a credit line worth 19 billion euros to finance exports and direct investment in the area. Of these, only 7.2 billion or 38% of the total were used, while about two-thirds (over 11 billion, equivalent to 62%) are still available to support new business activities in the region. With regard to the direct presence on the territory, six major banking groups are present with fifteen representative offices, branch and seven Italian Desk. Italian banks have also made significant investments in seizing the opportunities offered by privatization of countries like Egypt and acquiring minority stakes in local intermediaries Moroccans, Tunisians, Turks and Egyptians. Five groups, finally, have signed collaboration agreements with major local counterparts to assist clients and handle remittances from immigrants. 

The two-days of work - it closes tomorrow at the Hotel Cavalieri - was also an opportunity to take stock of the role that Islamic banking can play in the Italian economy. According to recent studies, in fact, Islamic finance - is responding to market rules and to the principles of the Koran - is the segment of the global financial industry with the highest growth rate (15-20% per year) and by 2015 could exceed $ 4 trillion of assets, with over 1.5 billion of investors interested in these products. 

The meeting was attended, among others, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Stefania Craxi, the President of UAB, Adnan Ahmed Yousif, the Governor of the Central Bank of Qatar, Sheikh Abdullah Bin Saud Al-Thani, Minister of Finance of Jordan, Mohammad Abu Hammour, the Governor of the Central Bank of Pakistan, Shahid Karda, the deputy governors of the Bank of Lebanon, Raed Charefeddine Baasiri and Mohammed, the Governor of the Bank Centrl of Egypt, Farouk El Okda, and the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Sinan Shabibi El.

Umbertino and Party Time.. whooo wheee!!! Rock-em sock-em... good work. Is if just me or has the list of believable, dependable people shrinking????

Nobody knows and we are all in it together...

I mean it... God Bless all of us... (I have been set free from the frustration and disappointment and wish you all the best!)

• Upvote 1

Adam, I do somewhat agree that those little added "details" are subject to a narcisistic review. However, knowing how negative this guys has been in the past, I find his latest opinion, especially where "Shabibi has the redenomination paper ready to go" a 180 degree turn for even AC

Adam, I do somewhat agree that those little added "details" are subject to a narcisistic review. However, knowing how negative this guys has been in the past, I find his latest opinion, especially where "Shabibi has the redenomination paper ready to go" a 180 degree turn for even AC

I'll agree with you there... but the 180 happened a while back when he started selling advertising on his site and upgraded to professional marketing software.

I called him out on it, and he removed the advertising pretty quickly... but he's still doing everything he can to get people to follow him, without ever giving a reason for his actions... I think he gave the reason when he started selling advertising. But for some reason now he hides the reason. Very, very suspicious....

My thoughts: keep a close watch on this one. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Umbertino and Party Time.. whooo wheee!!! Rock-em sock-em... good work. Is if just me or has the list of believable, dependable people shrinking????

Nobody knows and we are all in it together...

I mean it... God Bless all of us... (I have been set free from the frustration and disappointment and wish you all the best!)

Thanks for your kind words. Appreciated.

AC seems to be right more thangurus and everyone else's feelings.

He called an RD long ago I believe

And when did we see the RD? I too feel AC has switched positions. While I can't Quote any of his old projections, he seemed grounded and pionting for a mid to low RV. :unsure: