Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Millionday says vote on 3 zeros passed??

BBalls

Not mine..From PD...just passing it along

[millionday] “The Central Bank has prepared all requirements needed to delete the zeros from the Iraqi Currency”, Saleh said. “This step is one of the Iraqi central bank’s strategic missions. The monetary policy of the bank aims to structure and reduce the currency in a country moving towards an economic phase”, he added. “The project of deleting zeroes is complete. It will be submitted to the central bank’s administration in the next session. Then, it will be passed to the ministerial council before presenting it to the Parliament for vote.

[2:45:50 PM] [millionday] see the last step that had to be done i just posted now look what they said is done and approved -- the council has approved it -- the last step that had to be done. the stages will be -- the citizens bringing the currency -- the three zeros brought in and that includes the cashing in that we have to do.

• Upvote 10

"He pointed out that the project put forward by the Governor of the Central Bank on the twentieth of this month during a session of the Council of Ministers, has won the approval of the Council, is expected by the issuance of special legislation to be implemented in stages."

My translation is: Hey, Shabibi went to the Council of Ministers on the 20th of this month and explained to them what he wanted to do as far as removing the zeros from the currency, etc. He won their approval.....it doesn't say they voted or anything else. Then the rest of the sentence says, "is expected by the issuance of special legislation to be implemented in stages." That, to me, is where there is a vote needed.

So basically we are just waiting for a vote or announcement!!

Keep, for some reason they are delusional and think this is a RV being voted on and not a RD...regardless of how many times you try to explain the math to them, or to point out everything coming out of Iraq points toward RD....I wish it wasnt so, but hey at least the ride will finally be over this way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Not mine..From PD...just passing it along

[millionday] “The Central Bank has prepared all requirements needed to delete the zeros from the Iraqi Currency”, Saleh said. “This step is one of the Iraqi central bank’s strategic missions. The monetary policy of the bank aims to structure and reduce the currency in a country moving towards an economic phase”, he added. “The project of deleting zeroes is complete. It will be submitted to the central bank’s administration in the next session. Then, it will be passed to the ministerial council before presenting it to the Parliament for vote.

[2:45:50 PM] [millionday] see the last step that had to be done i just posted now look what they said is done and approved -- the council has approved it -- the last step that had to be done. the stages will be -- the citizens bringing the currency -- the three zeros brought in and that includes the cashing in that we have to do.

i could be wrong but i think i read that they are going to have both high and low denoms in circulation at the same time.

Keep, for some reason they are delusional and think this is a RV being voted on and not a RD...regardless of how many times you try to explain the math to them, or to point out everything coming out of Iraq points toward RD....I wish it wasnt so, but hey at least the ride will finally be over this way.

Wicked I have to agree. It is totally amusing to see how people think that this is a good thing. The part about the ride being over though may not be the case. I think I almost had a heart attack when the thought occurred to me today that we may have to stick around these sites after RD for information on exchange, possible gain in value, forex or no forex, and I am sure a number of other issues may pop up. Seriously hope thats not the case but who knows. Wonder if this site would even still be here post RD. We wait we see.

"He pointed out that the project put forward by the Governor of the Central Bank on the twentieth of this month during a session of the Council of Ministers, has won the approval of the Council, is expected by the issuance of special legislation to be implemented in stages."

My translation is: Hey, Shabibi went to the Council of Ministers on the 20th of this month and explained to them what he wanted to do as far as removing the zeros from the currency, etc. He won their approval.....it doesn't say they voted or anything else. Then the rest of the sentence says, "is expected by the issuance of special legislation to be implemented in stages." That, to me, is where there is a vote needed.

So basically we are just waiting for a vote or announcement!!

Agreed. Yesterday(29th) was the first session of parliament since the 19th, so unless they voted yesterday, no vote. Do they need to vote? Next session is Sat 2nd July.

Maybe the meeting in Jordon today will bring something.