Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"I think their is a distinct chance that a LOP is the opposite of what Shabs wants but is using it as a tool to make the GOI choose a different outcome. Make it look like the GOI knows more than the CBI. What do you think knowing how Iraqi politics are played?"

Read more:

drox, I think you're right on with this thought. The political dimension of this situation has been way underemphasized on this forum, at least with respect to the relationship between the CBI and the GOI. Dr. Shabibi didn't become the Governor of the CBI without being knowledgeable about the importance of politics in the financial arena. Creating a scenario where the GOI ultimately gets the credit for the RV, at no political cost to the CBI, would be a stroke of genius on Shabibi's part, if that indeed is what's going on.

Point being, international finance is NEVER a zero sum, linearly played sort of game. We're naive to think that a "one plus one equals two" mindset will always lead us to the right answer. There's always more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know.

There should always be those who are contriarians (going against the crowd) in investments. Appreciate your research and information. But when someone tells me the possibility of making 300% return on my money I would be foolish not to listen. That's why I'm invested. By the way, that is a revaluing of the currency.

Hey Drox, really enjoy your insites. Whould have to agree with everything you said but am still kinda up in the air on how a RD with a future RV to even 2 would not seriously increase the purchasing power of the Iraqi people. I mean their currency would be worth double the USD. That is pretty good purchasing power. 3 would be even sweeter for them. I do agree that they would lose out on profit from the spread generated by a slow gradual rise but maybe conditions on the ground call for immediate increase in purchasing power that a RD / RV would provide. You have a 1000 times greater grasp on the situation so look forward to continuing to learn from you.

• Upvote 1