Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

f7 is spell check

waitn

I know its soo terrible how bad people are with spelling. when people spell article "artical", I feel their IQ is below 80

Dang you are pirfict!

Dang! All this time, I thought an F-7 was an aircraft!

When people spell at a 1st grade level, it is hard to believe your an educated investor. I am not referring to typo's as we all have those. But I find it hard to believe anyone who can not spell simple words.

f7 is spell check. That is not a rumor it is FACT!!!

Wow. I showed up this morning expecting to read some new dinar rumors and a Spelling Bee broke out. :blink::blink:

I know its soo terrible how bad people are with spelling. when people spell article "artical", I feel their IQ is below 80

Hmmm... Don't exaggerate now.....IQ has little or nothing to do with spelling...Many spell badly because they had bad or careless teachers to begin with....That doesn't mean they are not intelligent.

80? That's being generous. I like it most when they spell prophet, profit. Just kills me. I have wondered how many obviously inept posters are Iraqi dis-info/propaganda agents.

This thread is, or has been the biggest waste of time! What ever happened to the days where we shared thoughts, and news about the IQD. That is getting harder and harder to find these days.

Come on folks lets get back the the days of the 50's when people respected others.

Yes indeed. As a retired teacher and current grant writer, I shudder when I witness the insensitive attitudes reflected through flagrant grammatical error. In our collective quest for technological superiority, Penmanship was displaced with keyboarding and Spelling replaced with spell checkers. It seems students no longer have to think for themselves as witnessed through their flippant use of grammar. School systems all over our country view technology as the panacea in world educational dominance. Basic 'skill building' curriculum is now viewed as nostalgic while good, seasoned teachers leave the profession in disgust. We have made it too easy to learn and too easy to accept substandard performance.

• Upvote 2

Guest Doug_W_also

Your = possessive

You're = contraction of you are

If you're going to make snide grammar related posts during your time on the site, try not to make grammar related errors.

Touche !! I hope I spelled that correctly. I would NOT want red marks all over my post ;)

When people spell at a 1st grade level, it is hard to believe your an educated investor. I am not referring to typo's as we all have those. But I find it hard to believe anyone who can not spell simple words.

f7 is spell check. That is not a rumor it is FACT!!!

Dude, How can you make a post like this and not even check yourself. Let me be more specific - "...it is hard to believe your an educated investor." It should be "you are" or "you're." If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones.

This thread is, or has been the biggest waste of time! What ever happened to the days where we shared thoughts, and news about the IQD. That is getting harder and harder to find these days.

Come on folks lets get back the the days of the 50's when people respected others.

What happend, you couldn't crack the code? The date, the rate, and cash in information is all there. Sorry don't have time to bring you up to speed, got to go and start the cash in process. Keep at it, you will eventually figure it out. See you at the party....... it's all on POSSUM.

LMAO!!!! I'm usually writing from my possessed phone... Many times, it subsitutes the wrong spelling, the wrong word, a misspelled word... I blame the Asian grimlins... :P ... Oh, and my ADHD and Dsylexia... Oh, and I got my two degrees from a state school in Arkansas... LOL!!! :lol:

Nuff said! Word! tongue.gif

News Flash! Most of us are not educated investors and some of us don't even have a college degree. This is a casual forum for discussions and not an English class. I feel certain that none of us are here to impress you with our spelling, punctuation or grammar. Everyone is good at something and for some people spelling is not their thing. It doesn't mean that they are not intelligent people. You should never judge a book by it's cover. Besides, you are seemingly doing the same thing we are every night. How smart does that make you?

I would say you put em in their place FarmersDaughter... oh, and I married one of them country F.D.'s some 32 years ago... and when it comes to horse sense (you know what I mean)... she couldn't get any "brighter". Unfortunately some folks think because they excel in spelling and have a college degree that makes them better than everybody else.... NOT! My mother (God rest her soul) went back to college in her 40's and graduated on the Deans list.. but unfortunately couldn't spell her way out of a paper sack... she had to work her butt off to get it.. and that was "before" spell check! Nuff said!dry.gif

Be careful how you spell, this could happen.

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!

• Upvote 3

Being Able To Read MISPELLED Words Not Really True

September 27, 2007 — sparkle1977

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

IF THIS IS REALLY THAT EASY, TRY READING THE SENTENCE BELOW:

dlaond mhraecd anorud a sgrante palilr and terhw a ggniaitc sntoe

NOTICE THE FIRST AND LAST LETTERS ARE IN PLACE AND IT IS NOT AS EASY TO READ AS THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE. THE ABOVE SENTENCE READS:

donald marched around a strange pillar and threw a gigantic stone

http://justacoincidence.wordpress.com/2007/09/27/messed-up-letters-not-really-true/

lol I have seen these studies before and some believe that if your brain does not put the words together for your, you have a high probability of getting Alzheimers!

Oh he!! ... why not wade in with another worthless point. Spelling is not a 1st grade subject. Spelling does not become something taught until after the alphabet is learned and reading starts. That is usually grade two. Of course I am speaking from Canada, and we do tend to fill up our first year with lots of letters, numbers, colouring and storytime.

:)

smee2

Oh he!! ... why not wade in with another worthless point. Spelling is not a 1st grade subject. Spelling does not become something taught until after the alphabet is learned and reading starts. That is usually grade two. Of course I am speaking from Canada, and we do tend to fill up our first year with lots of letters, numbers, colouring and storytime.

:)

smee2

I don't see this as a worthless point. Being too casual and flippant when writing implies indifference, lack of direction and discipline. The result being poor interpretation and little or no independent thought.