Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I own a graphic and web design company based in Nashville TN, so this Warka bank thing really interests me. We have completed websites for MANY large companies that handle an amazing amount of bandwidth every single day. Most of those companies do not know the amount of traffic they are going to get from day to day, and are billed for their traffic from either us or the hosting company they are with at the end of the month. Because the traffic is variable they do not have a "cap" on the amount that they are going to use, but rather are "fined" for every kb they go over when they have reached their limit. I find it VERY hard to believe that a giant bank would not have a similar set up, and would let potential business disappear! I am not saying that anything is up, but it does seem very curious to me what is going on there, especially since that is where people are saying the RV/RI will show up first!

Oh yeah and by the way... there is not a holiday today or tomorrow. :) Interesting Indeed! I think that sometimes Iraq forgets we have the internet to look things like this up! :D

January 1 - New Year's Day

January 6 - Army Day

February 15 - Mouloud (Birth of the Prophet Muhammad)

April 9 - Baghdad Liberation Day

April 17 - FAO Day

May 1 - Labour Day

July 14 - Republic Day

August 8 - Ceasefire Day (End of Iran-Iraq War)

August 30 - Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan) 2-10 days

October 3 - Iraqi Independence Day (National Day)

November 6 - Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice) 2-10 days

November 26 - Islamic New Year

December 5 - Ashura

• Upvote 3

Not being a basher, but just pointing some things out. Things are a little different "over there" and some things you have to look at differently.

As for the public holidays - which includes both national holidays and bank holidays (they are 2 seperate things)... take a look here. http://www.netogram....ys2011/iraq.htm

As far as a large bank reaching it's cap on bandwidth - you have to remember, this is the slower half of the Middle East, and they are still trying to catch up technologically with the rest of the world. They didn't get ATM's and the abiltiy to take credit cards for purchases until early 2009 ( http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=6653883&page=1 ). They are a bit behind on things...heck, they are running on an Apache 2.3.6 server with FrontPage addins!. The Geek types out there - and I assume you fit into that - know this is a bit behind in the IT world.

Not being a basher, but just pointing some things out. Things are a little different "over there" and some things you have to look at differently.

As for the public holidays - which includes both national holidays and bank holidays (they are 2 seperate things)... take a look here. http://www.netogram....ys2011/iraq.htm

As far as a large bank reaching it's cap on bandwidth - you have to remember, this is the slower half of the Middle East, and they are still trying to catch up technologically with the rest of the world. They didn't get ATM's and the abiltiy to take credit cards for purchases until early 2009 ( http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=6653883&page=1 ). They are a bit behind on things...heck, they are running on an Apache 2.3.6 server with FrontPage addins!. The Geek types out there - and I assume you fit into that - know this is a bit behind in the IT world.

No worries on the bashing. I see what you are talking about on the holidays! So nice job on that find! :)

As far as the hosting account. Even if they are running antiquated servers, I would think that one of the national banks would still have the foresight to not have a cap on their bandwidth.

This is what forums are for! Disagreeing isn't necessarily a bad thing! :)

Its a holiday for most of the middle east.

Something about the Prophets ascension to heaven.

They moved it here in the UAE as to have it near the weekend.

http://www.qppstudio.net/public-holidays-news/2011/uae__united_arab_emirates__004630.htm

Still doesn't make sense that the whole site is down. Even if they are on vacation, why would they shut the site down? They don't shut the site off on the weekends or evenings...have you ever seen another bank's website shutdown over a holiday? Just because they don't have tellers at the bank shouldn't mean you no longer have electronic access to your accounts. Something is peculiar about this,,,especially given the timing.

Still doesn't make sense that the whole site is down. Even if they are on vacation, why would they shut the site down? They don't shut the site off on the weekends or evenings...have you ever seen another bank's website shutdown over a holiday? Just because they don't have tellers at the bank shouldn't mean you no longer have electronic access to your accounts. Something is peculiar about this,,,especially given the timing.

Someone posted somewhere that if you have a Warka account their account login is a different URL that is currently UP.

This bandwidth exceeded is exactly what it means. I doubt anyone can fix it either considering they are all out for the holiday.

Relax everyone. The 30th is something to look forward to.

You're right, and in the 7 months my partner has had a Warka account, they have never had a bandwidth problem.....usually if you exceed your bandwidth your site does not get shut down. You simply pay a fine.

The holiday is the "Ascension of Muhammed" - and it's a two-day holiday, June 28th & 29th. They are supposed to reopen on June 30th. Coincidence? Maybe, who knows. Maybe they're working on their site & took advantage of the two-day holiday to do the work? Or maybe, better yet, they're getting ready for the RV. I like the second idea better!

FYI. If you have a Warka e-banking account, you can still access your account information, rates, etc. through the e-banking site. It's a different URL. If you have a Warka account you know which site I'm referring to.

Good point. I just signed on to my account without a problem.