Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank Denying Change in Exchange Rate

BBalls

i believe the point that Dinarck was trying to make was that Venezuela has similar oil exports and actually more natural resources and higher GDP than Iraq according to the IMF fact sheets. It Re denominated.

And there also an extremely nationalized government, which means there GDP and oil and natural resources are going into the pockets of the officials. Or nowhere at all.

The people in that country have been under the heel of some pretty horrible leadership for, well ever I believe.

There company, the national oil company produces 2.5mbpd right now. They keep saying its going to increase, they dont.

Of course they redonimated, there country is a mess, has always been a mess.

Will Iraq do the same? I dont know. The problem is comparing them, you just cant.

Iraq right now, and for the last few years at least has NOT been nationalized, which means there exports and natural resources mean much more.

Just my opinion.

Wow. Must have missed that one. Didnt realize Venezuela had a RV which they didnt. They had a redenomination. Go figure. They have alot of oil.

Which they are slowly not producing...

Look at there GDP it is static or declining for years and years.

Add to that the fact that there government wants nothing to do with outside agencies, and Chavez still has an extreme detractor presence.

Im not saying Iraq is any better when it comes to stability. But just look at the fact that Arabs know how to get that oil out of the ground and make money

on it, seems Venezuealans do not.

And there also an extremely nationalized government, which means there GDP and oil and natural resources are going into the pockets of the officials. Or nowhere at all.

The people in that country have been under the heel of some pretty horrible leadership for, well ever I believe.

There company, the national oil company produces 2.5mbpd right now. They keep saying its going to increase, they dont.

Of course they redonimated, there country is a mess, has always been a mess.

Will Iraq do the same? I dont know. The problem is comparing them, you just cant.

Iraq right now, and for the last few years at least has NOT been nationalized, which means there exports and natural resources mean much more.

Just my opinion.

i respect your opinion, and i believe that all of your facts are correct. However, i look at it a different way. Look at China for example. The number 2 economy in the world is also highly nationalized and it's against the law for people to talk about the government. The point i'm trying to make is the political situation really doesn't matter for investors (other than the ethical ones). If there is greed, there is incentive to make your currency worth as much as possible to maximize purchasing power if we are following the example that Venezuela is keeping exports artificially low. While Iraq is not nationalized, we are still talking about apples to apples when it comes to us basing the RV on oil production.

Which they are slowly not producing...

Look at there GDP it is static or declining for years and years.

Add to that the fact that there government wants nothing to do with outside agencies, and Chavez still has an extreme detractor presence.

Im not saying Iraq is any better when it comes to stability. But just look at the fact that Arabs know how to get that oil out of the ground and make money

on it, seems Venezuealans do not.

My dad was thrown out of Venezuela by Chavez when he was a consultant for a software company that produced a program to manage oil logistics. Many consultants that were deemed too pro U.S. were kicked out. Eventually, the contract failed. Their oil industry is folding under poor management. They are not in good standing-bottom line.

i respect your opinion, and i believe that all of your facts are correct. However, i look at it a different way. Look at China for example. The number 2 economy in the world is also highly nationalized and it's against the law for people to talk about the government. The point i'm trying to make is the political situation really doesn't matter for investors (other than the ethical ones). If there is greed, there is incentive to make your currency worth as much as possible to maximize purchasing power if we are following the example that Venezuela is keeping exports artificially low. While Iraq is not nationalized, we are still talking about apples to apples when it comes to us basing the RV on oil production.

Thats what I tried to point out in second post.

Venezuelas oil production is crumbling because of political situation. Not to mention of reports of there natural resources like gold, silver etc being cannabilized by rebel militias etc.

Yes Iraq still has a large sector that bombs people, but they do NOT have control of the oil or natural resources. Even if Maliki becomes a dictator, the money will still flow.

Im not trying to argue against RD, I know it could happen. But rather Im trying to point out that comparing Iraq to other countries is hard.

Especially Turkey which is just a mess economically.

How can they kill the zero's and not raise the rate, it defeats the purpose. They want to reduce people carrying cash how does keeping the exchange rate at 1170 but make the notes smaller they would need a moving company to carry dinar just to go to the market. Think about it its!getting old responding to the people who don't get it... no disrespect intended

Always great to hear from you Sonny

All smoke and mirrors.

The writing is on the wall.

This situation very much resembles China right before the country revalued their currency. It was foretold a long time ago that this type of misinformation/misdirection would be prevalent in the last days leading up to the RV of the Iraqi dinar.

I agree BBalls. Creating smaller denoms WITHOUT an increase in relative value only makes commerce more difficult.

a re-denomination doesn't get much clear than that...take a look at what Turkey did and you will get a pretty clear idea of the path this is headed down...they also clearly state that it has not affect on the value of the exchange...sorry it isn't better news....but if you look at it as a glass half full...there is an upside....it should be in a much better position to grow in value...which it hasn't done in years....we can make some money off of this....we just aren't going to all go out and retire.

Your dark outlook is getting aggravating maybe you should sell your holdings and get out.

If you actually think that they are going to have a re-denomination to bills 100 dinar and under and not RV your nuts. They are having a hard enough time dealing with the worthlessness of the large bills at present Dirty Float program rate, and guess what they have been using the US Dollar $100 bills and less just as imposed by their Re-denomination. How easy would it be to replace those transactions to 1 dinar to 1 dollar "no in country coaching required and no more dollar transactions""

These news releases are for Iraqi citizens who have a hard time seeing the sun through the clouds.

They have Major banking systems joining them, Major housing contracts signed "who do you think are going to buy these", Major oil companies fighting to get in and the hard facts list goes on and on. This is a country that cannot be compared to any other the I.M.F. W.T.O U.N. U.S.A. Etc. are playing a Major role in this world changing event, Iraq cannot just abandon their current currency, print new and expect to become world traded, attract investors and survive civil war.

I know its hard for some people to have self control, but next time sit on your hands just before that dark little guy on your left shoulder starts whispering in your ear to type

GO RV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thats what I tried to point out in second post.

Venezuelas oil production is crumbling because of political situation. Not to mention of reports of there natural resources like gold, silver etc being cannabilized by rebel militias etc.

Yes Iraq still has a large sector that bombs people, but they do NOT have control of the oil or natural resources. Even if Maliki becomes a dictator, the money will still flow.

Im not trying to argue against RD, I know it could happen. But rather Im trying to point out that comparing Iraq to other countries is hard.

Especially Turkey which is just a mess economically.

You are correct in that there are a lot of dis similarities between Iraq and Turkey, Nigeria, Venezuela etc. in that we did not invade those countries, nor did we help reprint their money, nor did we have as large a military presence there. However, one country that does fit the bill is Germany. We did invade Germany, we did and do have a large military presence there, and we bombed their country to the middle ages and then helped them rebuild it. This could be a large part of why Germany is the most economically secure nation in the EU today. When the German emerged war torn and ravaged, they faced all the same things that Iraq faces. No, they don't have oil, but they had and have a huge service based economy and some companies like Volvo, Mercedes, Volkswagen, BMW, etc (and they don't just make high end cars) had financial obligations to attend to and the Reichsmark wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. They did a 10 to 1 conversion to the D-Mark and we implemented the Marshal Plan.

What i'm saying is there are precedents for this and we have to accept that unless they discover a gold deposit equal to all of the gold in the known world it can't go where we want it to. If we use oil as our example, what happens if they flood the market with oil? The laws of supply and demand state that the price of oil would fall and if their currency is pegged to oil, so would it (plus the gcc would make life hard for them if they wanted to). So they have to find a sweet spot.

• Upvote 1

Anyone got any OFF,he's like a gnat that just insists on bothering people.............................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!

Hey, what do ya know? A typical response from a typical GO RVer who has nothing to bring to the table to enhance the discussion. Shocker

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

OK, I'm with the value has to go up with the lower denoms. Here's a thought on no value change.

Let's say I'm a vendor from Kuwait and I drive my truck to Iraq to sell my goods to a local store. I bring the same items

weekly and I get paid 500,000 IQD. I deliver my products and my customer gives me 500 IQD and tells me it's the new

currency and it's the same as before just missing the 3 zeros. I take the 500 IQD for deposit to my bank and they give me

the value of 500IQD at the 1170 rate. I just lost my shorts on the sale. Does that make sense to anyone? The value has

to rise with the lower denoms or there will be no vendors selling anything to Iraq. Some will say they will use the USD but, the Iraq wants to stop all USD payments and wants everyone to use the IQD. Just a thought and JMO.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 1

Hey, what do ya know? A typical response from a typical GO RVer who has nothing to bring to the table to enhance the discussion. Shocker

HONESTLY...WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU ARE LIKE THAT ANNOYING DRUNK ALWAYS RAMBLING ON...JUST BLAH BLAH BLAH

no disrespect intended, but honestly...sell your dinar and move on...we will party without you and rub it in your face :)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

OK, I'm with the value has to go up with the lower denoms. Here's a thought on no value change.

Let's say I'm a vendor from Kuwait and I drive my truck to Iraq to sell my goods to a local store. I bring the same items

weekly and I get paid 500,000 IQD. I deliver my products and my customer gives me 500 IQD and tells me it's the new

currency and it's the same as before just missing the 3 zeros. I take the 500 IQD for deposit to my bank and they give me

the value of 500IQD at the 1170 rate. I just lost my shorts on the sale. Does that make sense to anyone? The value has

to rise with the lower denoms or there will be no vendors selling anything to Iraq. Some will say they will use the USD but, the Iraq wants to stop all USD payments and wants everyone to use the IQD. Just a thought and JMO.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

You are correct. That senerio wouldn't work any other way than RD. If you have been getting paid 500,000 dinar a week worth 500 USD you would now be getting paid 500 dinar worth 500 USD per week.

HONESTLY...WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU ARE LIKE THAT ANNOYING DRUNK ALWAYS RAMBLING ON...JUST BLAH BLAH BLAH

no disrespect intended, but honestly...sell your dinar and move on...we will party without you and rub it in your face :)

Nanny nanny boo boo

• Downvote 1

The way I see it is that this is different from any other scenerio mentioned in the previous 4 pages. This has been orchestrated from the begining to be a success story; something the world has never seen before and may never see again. To try and fit this into a box and say it is going to be like Turkey, China or any other Country is being small minded. You can not compare Iraq to any other situation. It is different. Look at what our military accomplished. The world's powers have spent billions to make sure this will benefit them in cash and or oil. You can continue to argue which point you think will eventually win out, but lets face it, none of us know the final plan. But you all know that there are big egos attached to this plan; the kind that don't like to lose. They say history repeats itself. In this case, I think we are witnessing history.

• Upvote 3

You sound like an ignorant newbie......tongue.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Come on Man......

Are you and keepmlost related? My God man you cant see how clear this is? They WILL NOT LOP for 7,972,509th time.

I just dont get why you cant let it go already . wow!

PLEASE...........tongue.gif

No we aren't related...but we did go to different high schools together.....I wish you could give me a reason why it won't instead of just saying it over and over...maybe try using all caps :P

Your dark outlook is getting aggravating maybe you should sell your holdings and get out.

If you actually think that they are going to have a re-denomination to bills 100 dinar and under and not RV your nuts. They are having a hard enough time dealing with the worthlessness of the large bills at present Dirty Float program rate, and guess what they have been using the US Dollar $100 bills and less just as imposed by their Re-denomination. How easy would it be to replace those transactions to 1 dinar to 1 dollar "no in country coaching required and no more dollar transactions""

These news releases are for Iraqi citizens who have a hard time seeing the sun through the clouds.

They have Major banking systems joining them, Major housing contracts signed "who do you think are going to buy these", Major oil companies fighting to get in and the hard facts list goes on and on. This is a country that cannot be compared to any other the I.M.F. W.T.O U.N. U.S.A. Etc. are playing a Major role in this world changing event, Iraq cannot just abandon their current currency, print new and expect to become world traded, attract investors and survive civil war.

I know its hard for some people to have self control, but next time sit on your hands just before that dark little guy on your left shoulder starts whispering in your ear to type

GO RV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mightbtry spending some time away from dinar sites....there is a lot og great and accurate information out there...I think you will find a better understanding of your investment....or you could cover your eyes and ears and yell GO RV!!!!

• Upvote 2