Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Scooter has said NO LOP****

I've heard some people that have spoken to scooter on skype and they have quoted when all the articles were coming out about the deleteion of zeroes Scooter said it will not affect us or our bills as investors he actually said it was positive did anyone else hear that from him? thanks in advance.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I've heard some people that have spoken to scooter on skype and they have quoted when all the articles were coming out about the deleteion of zeroes Scooter said it will not affect us or our bills as investors he actually said it was positive did anyone else hear that from him? thanks in advance.

Yup the site he is on now have relayed this info to its members. I stopped worrying after I heard him say that.

• Upvote 2

Yup the site he is on now have relayed this info to its members. I stopped worrying after I heard him say that.

wow, thanks so much. Appreciate it. Now the bigger ? is why are all the lopsters still arguing about it? This is a man that has done his research and is the most knowledgeable person that i have came across regarding this investment.

• Upvote 6

With all due respect to his research, of which there is certainly no doubt that he has done a ton of research......him thinking they will or will not lop is only an opinion...he doesn't run the CBI.....fwiw wink.gif

very true. but.. it does make me feel a little better lol.

• Upvote 4

thanks easy for this great post i also have heard scooter said the same thing that he doesn't believe in a lop,not too long ago i heard him say it in dd radio show.But still people keep on bringing this lop isssue again and again.this articles that talks about dropping the three zeros are confusing and very misleading.whenever i read people talking about the lop i stay away,don't get me wrong anything can happen but i keep it to my self and move on.thanks bro let hope for the best be bless.

i have to agree with slade....Scooters opinions are worth as much as everyone elses.....

well i think i would hold his opinions a little higher than the average investor he has done his research and i am thankful for that.

• Upvote 8

Here is something I posted on a different thread about Shabs speech in DC. Take it for what it is worth. Would love to hear Scooters thoughts on it because I really want to be wrong on this one.

Well, once again I am going to have to be negative Nancy here and say that Shabs said straight up that Iraq will LOP during this speech. Let me go ahead and get out of the way that I welcome any debate on the subject so after this post I look forward to continuing a discussion with any who agree or disagree.

Now here is what Shabs said.

Q: (This was the first question by an unknown man) “With respect to the ongoing need for stability in Iraq and it’s “Exchange Rate” would it not follow that there’s a direct need for a potential revaluation of the currency to induce both domestic and foreign investment in Iraq and with regard to that , how far do you believe we are to that in regards to a potential Revaluation of Iraq Currency?”

Shabibi: We, we, collect the questions or do we respond to one by…?”

Moderator: “We…Yea..”

Shabibi: “Okay, we respond, just there – okay, well, thank you very much for this question and ah., aumh… (pause) Well even if I know then, Sir, I cannot tell you.” (laughter from the crowd – Shabibi has a nice giggle too)

“Well the thing is, no (Shabibi laughs) I think the question is all… You cannot have an economist saying without the answer is… depends. You know? So the question here is actually a revaluation or…el…which really is going to depend on…, on to what extent we are going to continue a… let us say controlling inflation. As you know, I don’t know, if you go to the … to the – Central Bank law you will see, it’s on the website, you will see the first objective is maintaining a price stability. So… ah… there is a little bit of inflation, in Iraq. I mean it is now, it use to be 2% or 3%, now it is about 5%. What we are watching, that, very carefully. Ah… If this inflation continues we’ll have to revisit, more revisit, more than revisit that, I cannot say. We are going to revisit the question of exchange rate because I mean, eh… Revaluation, I mean, depends on inflation. Of course I mean, you know, eh… the other factors that determine the movement in currencies are a lot, I mean sometimes we look at trade exports and imports, and all your obligations, and then the balance of payments, and all these things… Definitely, no doubt, you look at those. But…, ah… those… are problems relating with ah.. more with the… the… development part of the economy. The question of maintaining the price stability is really something, you see the inflation, and all these things; because nobody else in the economy is concerned with inflation. I mean the government won’t put its budget, ahh… I mean the government is a spender and the Central Bank is a saver. So… ah… they… it’s not very important for them to mention and to concentrate on, on, on inflation – so actually the question here; that we are going to track, and follows, the development in inflation. First; and of course other factors that I have mentioned; and second, and then we will determine our exchange rate movement.”

Question: “Thank you Governor, this maybe is the same question, so I can understand if you can’t answer it; but I’ve heard a report that…”

Moderator: “Can we have your name please?”

Question: “ Oh, my name is Bob Kelly, I am an investor in Iraq, the Summit Hotel in the International Zone, with the OPEC financing. But, we have heard a report, I mean I have heard a report, in the last couple of days, that Iraq is about to Cut three zeros off the currency, and they call that redenomination, that may be the same question you just received, but I wonder if you have any information about that?”

Shabibi: “Well I mean, I don’t know whether it’s the same question. I think this cutting of the three zeros is a … is a.. it has of course… eh… shouldn’t be exaggerated actually, the problem; I mean, the question is just redenomination and ah… the people of course, and you see a lot of people that are writing a lot of articles and the, the newspapers. Ah… I mean, criticizing the Central Bank that is going to ah… to the, the value of Iraqi Dinar is going to depreciate; all kind of talk. I mean this is a question or just, actually facilitate ease of payment, facilitate ease of counting; and all these things – and of course, when, I mean, you see now about these figures you see trillions or, or huge figures actually, if you want that, I mean if you want to be precise you put about twelve figures or for fifteen figures on all these things, fifteen digits, or something. So I think, I think, we have a plan on that. And ah, you remember why, there was not actually a government decree to add these zeros. They happened actually because over the course of the development of the economy, at the beginning of the 80’s, the I mean the inflation was very high. Inflation was rampant. And therefore, I mean, er… small, small (??north ??enough??) I mean and these things were actually not, were certain not to be used, out of these things. So, ah.. (pause) government started to add three zeros, and these things, at the time. And of course, ahh… conditions are different now. Inflation under control. Exchange rate is managed by the Central Bank. All these things. When you had actually added the zeros you could not manage, not of course because, the fault of the government or Central Bank, which I think there was; but I think the question is that because there were a lot of ? exaggerations ? factors. I mean, I am not saying that we are champions now. I mean, there were actually a lot of external factors which effected actually the behavior of all, if known, stakeholders. And therefore actually a lot of people didn’t know, actually, what to do, they had to start to add three zeros and all these things. So now, actually, the situation is completely different, from that time. You had to high inflation, you have now a low inflation. You had actually something which is a stable micro-economics situation, I mean at the time, actually, the situation was not stable. So, er…I… (pause) the only way to combat all of these things at the time is to increase the denomination and put three zeros. I think, I think, ah… to bring back the Iraqi Dinar, where to actually, the three zeros have (to be) removed; and of course you have to - this will have gone, hand-in-hand and with monitoring of the exchange rate, and all these things, and ah… and, and, you’ll see; I think now, is, it is probably, eh… I mean we are, we are studying that – NOT studying, we have decided actually on that, but when to implement that, to removal these three zeros is very soon. But of course it requires, not only the Central Bank activity; it requires, because I mean something you have to make a lot of propaganda, a lot of a… a… advertisement and all these things, and you have of course to go, probably to some company, to, to…to a… get a lot of people these things; so I think, I think it needs a lot of help from the government from many people in the government – especially the security forces, and we hope that the security forces, become less busy with other violence issues so they can devote time for us.”

Ok sure he was asked about a RV and dodged the question but then he said that they would revisit the exchange rate if inflation began to rise. OK great. We all know that inflation is on the rise in Iraq so by Shabs own words this means they will RV. Correct? Well yes but the problem is that he was asked about a RV before he was asked about removing three zeros. So, after he was asked about the removal of three zeros he mentioned some important things.

1. Ah… I mean, criticizing the Central Bank that is going to ah… to the, the value of Iraqi Dinar is going to depreciate; all kind of talk.

Here he is doing what myself and others on this site do constantly. Dispell that a LOP will hurt the value of the dinar. It simply isn't true and he clearly says so here.

2. I mean this is a question or just, actually facilitate ease of payment, facilitate ease of counting; and all these things

OK I mean do I really need to explain this one. Instead I will ask a question. How will exchanging the new lower denoms for the 000 notes facilitate ease of counting and ease of payment? I would make these things a nightmare. A RD would do these things and in a very effective way.

3. and of course, when, I mean, you see now about these figures you see trillions or, or huge figures actually, if you want that, I mean if you want to be precise you put about twelve figures or for fifteen figures on all these things, fifteen digits, or something. So I think, I think, we have a plan on that

Again, this statment is critical to his plans. His plans are to bring this down to a managable #. I will ask the question. How will exchanging lower denoms for the 000 notes bring the trillions down to a managable #? It won't. A RD would.

4. And ah, you remember why, there was not actually a government decree to add these zeros. They happened actually because over the course of the development of the economy, at the beginning of the 80’s, the I mean the inflation was very high. Inflation was rampant. And therefore, I mean, er… small, small (??north ??enough??) I mean and these things were actually not, were certain not to be used, out of these things. So, ah.. (pause) government started to add three zeros, and these things, at the time. And of course, ahh… conditions are different now.

What he is saying here is that the trillions in circulation and the 000 notes were not the fault of the CBI and they have a plan to fix it. The only way to fix the trillions in circulation is to do excatly what they are saying and that is to remove the three zeros. RD. This is what he is telling us in the above statement.

5. Inflation under control. Exchange rate is managed by the Central Bank. All these things. When you had actually added the zeros you could not manage, not of course because, the fault of the government or Central Bank, which I think there was; but I think the question is that because there were a lot of ? exaggerations ? factors. I mean, I am not saying that we are champions now. I mean, there were actually a lot of external factors which effected actually the behavior of all, if known, stakeholders. And therefore actually a lot of people didn’t know, actually, what to do, they had to start to add three zeros and all these things. So now, actually, the situation is completely different, from that time. You had to high inflation, you have now a low inflation. You had actually something which is a stable micro-economics situation, I mean at the time, actually, the situation was not stable. So, er…I… (pause) the only way to combat all of these things at the time is to increase the denomination and put three zeros. I think, I think, ah… to bring back the Iraqi Dinar, where to actually, the three zeros have (to be) removed; and of course you have to - this will have gone, hand-in-hand and with monitoring of the exchange rate

Again he is saying that nothing could be done to prevent it but it is what it is and we are going to fix it. How are we going to fix it? Well he says the zeros have to be removed. He also says that the exchange rate will be monitored at that time. Well what does he mean by that? Straight up RV? Don't think so. When the 000s are removed the exchange rate will have to be adjusted as well so that no value is lost. Now we are seeing articles that hint that during the RD they are going to bring the exchange rate to 1.00. That is what Shabs is saying when he says the exchange rate will have to be monitored during the removal of the zeros. Bring it to 1 to make future transactions easier. And now we are being told this is what they are doing.

6. and ah… and, and, you’ll see; I think now, is, it is probably, eh… I mean we are, we are studying that – NOT studying, we have decided actually on that, but when to implement that, to removal these three zeros is very soon

Wow.. here is the elephant in the room. They have decided. We will be seeing it soon. Well all the articles are telling us here it is. Soon has come. Soon is here.

Now I know alot of people on this site have been lied to and told that they are removing the 000 notes from circulation. All I ask of you is to think about that for a minute. How could that be possible. The answer is it isn't. It would do nothing to bring the trillions to billions. For it to they would have to remove 90% of the 000 notes. Well, what are they exchanging them for? How would they collect that many bills? Why would they buy their own money just to destroy it? Why haven't we heard of the effects on the economy in Iraq? Also it would not change prices in Iraq if they did this and introduced lower denoms. Iraqis would be carrying huge amounts of lower denoms just to make daily transactions. This senerio makes no sense and I can assure you that it isn't occuring and it was all made up by pumpers and gurus to keep people buying dinar.

One last thing. Sure Shabs said they would RV if inflation was on the rise but he only meant after RD. This is obvious as can be. I don't want it anymore than any of you but why ignore what is SCREAMING at us. It is what it is.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I have to disagree. An opinion based on that much research is certainly worth far more than all these opinions based on feelings or gurus.

Awww but THINK, that would require using your head... something we are not trained to do much of anymore. dry.gifUnless of course we take the right "pill" (Matrix reference) then we might begin to think that things are not always as they appear. I "think" (sorry, you don't mind loaning me your name for this example do ya?) that once we have the revelation we are being herded like sheep into only God knows where, and come to realize that we have been given grey matter in our heads to use... then maybe we can actually begin to do our own due diligence. Scooter was one of the best, short of walking on water, I believe he knew more about this investment than probably anybody. I would take one Scooter over 100 guru's who, so far, with all their "Intel" have not gotten it right one time. I only occasionally read them when I want a good laugh. Nuff said!

• Upvote 2

That's Scooter's opinion.

There has to be a LOP & RV. The Iraqi economy has potential but not right away. The infrastructure is still in shambles. Roving power outages & water cut offs still exists. New oil wells, pipelines & terminals must be built to replace the aging ones. Iraq still has to import it's gas & diesel fuel. It has no refineries. Int'l contracts must be awarded & corporations must invest in the Iraqi economy. Violence & corruption must be put under control. All These issues must be resolved before the ID can strengthen to it's fullest potential.

A LOP & RV with a 4 times return at first after exchange. Three ID to the Dollar at first then Three Dollars to one ID in a few years. There will be more money to be made after LOP & RV as the ID strengthens over time. Iraq will become the largest oil producer in two years & will surpass China as the fastest growing economy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

wow, thanks so much. Appreciate it. Now the bigger ? is why are all the lopsters still arguing about it? This is a man that has done his research and is the most knowledgeable person that i have came across regarding this investment.

Simply because they are totally misunderstanding the meaning of removing the zeros! Not to mention that most that believe in a lop are so negative concerning everything about this investment! I dont believe that I would have invested in something that I didnt believe in! Rest assured....we are in a very blessed position! Our large notes will hold their value, and I personally dont believe Iraq will come out at the low ball rate that most are so sure of. Just from all of their statements about being a very wealthy country, I do truely believe we will see a minimun of the previous value of the dinar! I also believe they will increase that according to inflation...as well as the cost of living! I believe that from that point, we will see the value increase over the next couple of years as their infastructure is rebuilt, and their oil production increases! JMO, but its an opinion that I truely believe in! If Iraq wants to be the biggest player on the world market, then they will use the resources that they know they already have to achieve this. And bringing their currency out at a low level does not show potential investors that they have faith in their country, currency, or resources! God Bless each of you!

• Upvote 3

Simply because they are totally misunderstanding the meaning of removing the zeros! Not to mention that most that believe in a lop are so negative concerning everything about this investment! I dont believe that I would have invested in something that I didnt believe in!

(end quote)

Exactly... don't know why "some" are so adamant that it will LOP... gee if they believe it will Lop that badly that's up to them, but maybe then they should just give away the difference to those who believe it will come out at a decent rate... maybe then they would whistle a different tune! wink.gif Just saying!

With all due respect to his research, of which there is certainly no doubt that he has done a ton of research......him thinking they will or will not lop is only an opinion...he doesn't run the CBI.....fwiw ;)

Actually your wrong, Scooter does run the CBI that's the big secret they were afraid would get out and why he left the boards.

• Upvote 1

Simply because they are totally misunderstanding the meaning of removing the zeros! Not to mention that most that believe in a lop are so negative concerning everything about this investment! I dont believe that I would have invested in something that I didnt believe in! Rest assured....we are in a very blessed position! Our large notes will hold their value, and I personally dont believe Iraq will come out at the low ball rate that most are so sure of. Just from all of their statements about being a very wealthy country, I do truely believe we will see a minimun of the previous value of the dinar! I also believe they will increase that according to inflation...as well as the cost of living! I believe that from that point, we will see the value increase over the next couple of years as their infastructure is rebuilt, and their oil production increases! JMO, but its an opinion that I truely believe in! If Iraq wants to be the biggest player on the world market, then they will use the resources that they know they already have to achieve this. And bringing their currency out at a low level does not show potential investors that they have faith in their country, currency, or resources! God Bless each of you!

Look, I believe that you believe that we are misunderstanding the removal of the zeros and that is fine but you have to admitt the senerio that you believe as well as the gurus makes absoulutely no sense. Please explain to us how it does. I am not calling you out here and not trying to be confrontational or rude but there is simply only one explaination for how the removal of the zeros makes sense and that is by a RD. Any other way would only increase the cash block in Iraq and cause Iraqis to use ALOT more cash to buy everyday items. If someone has another idea on how they can indroduce lower denoms without increasing the cash block and need to use more cash without a RD then I am here and now asking to hear it. I have yet to hear it from any gurus or the best and brightest from the dinar world.

Look, I believe that you believe that we are misunderstanding the removal of the zeros and that is fine but you have to admitt the senerio that you believe as well as the gurus makes absoulutely no sense. Please explain to us how it does. I am not calling you out here and not trying to be confrontational or rude but there is simply only one explaination for how the removal of the zeros makes sense and that is by a RD. Any other way would only increase the cash block in Iraq and cause Iraqis to use ALOT more cash to buy everyday items. If someone has another idea on how they can indroduce lower denoms without increasing the cash block and need to use more cash without a RD then I am here and now asking to hear it. I have yet to hear it from any gurus or the best and brightest from the dinar world.

The more I read your posts the more I agree. Ive read and listened to tons of info that spells RD, as much as i respect Scooter and his work, there is not info on a straight up RV,lots of opinions and speculation, but not hard info. Do I want an RV??? OF COURSE I DO!!! However there seems to be a lot more doubts(and opinions) than proof.....just sayin.....

• Upvote 3