Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wake up America

desimo

I am seriously concerned about the future of my country. I know while I am writing this that there are some who are already planning their rebuttal even prior to having read my post. This is not a rant of one party over the next. By the attitudes I have seen on here some of you would probably sell your grandmother’s soul for the sake of a political party. Some of you are intent upon chaos and anarchy as indicated by your behavior here on DV. Some of you want to see America fall into civil war because that fits into your plans for social reconstruction. Other on here wants America to be at peace and to return to a point of strength. We are not seen in the eyes of the world as indicated by the increase in local grown terrorist. Last week there were two new local grown who were planning to attack a major recruitment local in Seattle with explosives and automatic weapons. I know that place because it was where I watched my boy get inducted into the Navy.

We have a national debt that talks about paying it off represents nothing more than a mockery of economics. The interest alone on that debt which is being owed to other countries will eat America alive. We have had money printed night and day and still being printed flooding our own economy. Our political leaders are increasing the chasm between the politically connected and the people. Wealth does not even protect a person anymore. The only protection a person has from political ramblings is tighter political connections. This chasm is evidence by a President who takes repeated vacations on the expense of the people while the average American cannot afford even one. Congress argues over what types of forks and knives to have in their cafeteria. Paid political figures are busy emailing pictures of their privates, quitting office, and then being able to receive a tax paid pension greater than many Americans who have worked all their life. People are losing their houses through either not having money to keep up payments, through elevated taxes, Imminent Domain laws, natural disasters, or other means from which they are powerless. Houses are going down in value while taxes are remaining the same. We have a political arena extremely reminiscent of 1930’s Germany. We have a political system in which the minority rules and the majority must follow as indicated by the legal fight over a simple street sign planned to honor the fallen NY Firefighters which said Seven in Heaven Way and the atheists were taking it to court. Black Panthers are protected by the federal legal system. The anger against gun ownership is so deep that the government tried to manufacture a gun smuggling crisis in Mexico. Illegal aliens are streaming across the border now protected against ICE by the federal government.

WE HAVE A PROBLEM. AMERICA MUST WAKE UP! I do not care what political party you belong to just wake up. America is at a cross roads. If we do not wake up our next election will be a mute point. We will not have a country. Forget working through the political arena. They seem to only care when their jobs or votes are on the line. Work through local groups. If the local groups get involved then eventually the political people will see their votes on the line and get involved. Personally I would not waste a stamp on a letter to the government, but I would write the local newspaper, Veteran’s organization, PTA and other local forums. IF WE DO NOT WAKE UP EVERY AMERICAN WHO HAS FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY JUST SIMPLY BOUGHT US TIME. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

well said desimo.........I know that many are out of work but at the same time we have many that do not want to work....I read about the state of Georgia having problems with their crops being harvested......no one wants that type of work which is usually done by immigrants.....so I guess some companies are becoming afraid to hire illegal labor.....

Great post. I just returned home from Wal Mart buying some groceries for the week and while standing in the checkout line came up with this that I am seriously considering posting on Craigs list and in the thrifty nickle.

Personals section

Wanted: Good woman with 6 school age children. Must come with full welfare benefits and child support payments. I really think that might beat working.

Goat

"I am seriously concerned about the future of my country. I know while I am writing this that there are some who are already planning their rebuttal even prior to having read my post. This is not a rant of one party over the next. By the attitudes I have seen on here some of you would probably sell your grandmother’s soul for the sake of a political party. Some of you are intent upon chaos and anarchy as indicated by your behavior here on DV. Some of you want to see America fall into civil war because that fits into your plans for social reconstruction. Other on here wants America to be at peace and to return to a point of strength.

......................................................................................................................

Thank you Desimo for your post.

However, there are some things that Americans may not wish to hear! But nonetheless, they are true.

Did you know for example?

The United States exists in two forms: The original United States that was in operation until 1860;

a collection of sovereign Republics in the union.

Under the original Constitution the States controlled the Federal Government;

the Federal Government did not control the States and had very little authority.

The original United States has been usurped by a separate and different UNITED STATES formed in 1871,

which only controls the District of Columbia and it’s territories, and which is actually a corporation

(the UNITED STATES CORPORATION) that acts as our current government.

The rewritten Constitution of the UNITED STATES CORPORATION bypasses the original

Constitution for the United States of America, which explains why our Congressmen and Senators

don’t abide by it, and the President can write Executive Orders to do whatever he/she wants.

They are following corporate laws that completely strip sovereigns of their God given unalienable rights.

Corporate/Commercial/Public Law is not sovereign (private), as it is an agreement between two or more parties

under contract. Common Law (which sovereigns operate under) is not Commercial Law; it is personal and private.

GOOD NEWS !

The original Constitution, De Jure institutions of government was never removed; it has simply been dormant since 1871.

It is still intact to this day. This fact was made clear by Supreme Court Justice Marshall Harlan (Downes v. Bidwell, 182, U.S. 244 1901)

by giving the following dissenting opinion: “Two national governments exist; one to be maintained under the Constitution,

with all its restrictions; the other to be maintained by Congress outside and Independently of that Instrument.”

The Restore America Plan reclaimed the De Jure institutions of government of the 50 State Republics in order to restore Common Law

that represents the voice of the people and ends Corporate Law that ignores the voice of the people while operating

under Maritime/Admiralty/International Law. This occurred when warrants were delivered to all 50 Governors on March 30, 2010.

To understand this document, you need to understand some basic terms.

Visit www.usavsus.info for complete understanding.

HOW THE CONSTITUTION WAS USURPED BY THE CORPORATION

http://www.republicfortheunitedstates.org/

• Upvote 1

The ONLY way we, as a people, will be able to lift the yoke of financial tyranny that has been placed upon us all is to go cold turkey.

That means we, as a people, have to either give up or significantly reduce the single most powerful addiction we collectively have: entitlements.

Over the last three generations, we have been scammed by unscrupulous politicians of both parties who have been re-elected under the mantra of "vote for me and I'll give you free money."

We're now finding out the hard way that this money definitely was NOT free. Every knowledgeable financial analyst will tell you that the crux of the problem is government paid benefits, i.e, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. It's NOT defense, NOT the space program, NOT even the unpopular foreign aid. Those pale in significance to the size of the bills we have run up giving benefits to ourselves that we are unwilling to pay for.

When last I checked, the average Social Security recipient runs through their lifetime contributions to the system about 7 years after reaching retirement age. That means that their remaining years in the system, which in some cases reaches two or three decades beyond that, are paid for by someone else's contributions. Can anyone spell "Ponzi scheme?"

Likewise, according to a recent study by the RAND Corporation, by the year 2030, 75% of the Medicare budget will be spent paying for treatment of diet and lifestyl related illnesses. So we are now in the situation where people have no incentive, during their working years, to take meaningful care of their health, yet someone else has to pay for it when those poor health habits finally catch up with them.

I don't know about you, but I am unwilling to pass this burden on to our children. That's why I'm doing the following:

1. Voting ONLY for fiscally responsible politicians;

2. Delaying/deferring receiving Social Security benefits as long as possible;

3. Taking as good care of my health as I can, avoiding any and all risky health behaviors.

I no longer consider this a personal option. I consider it a patriotic duty, one which I can exercise on behalf of my children's and my country's future.

One last thing: I am a military retiree. If I am asked to reduce my military retirement benefits to help save this country, I will do so. I consider it one more way of walking my talk. JMO.

• Upvote 2

WHATS WRONG WITH AMERICA DIDN'T HAPPEN OVERNITE IT TOOK

WELL OVER A CENTURY TO GET US ON THIS PATH OF DEBT..

THREE VERY CRITICAL MOVES MADE IN THE PREVIOUS CENTURY

THE CREATION OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE,

THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK AND ITS' COMPONENTS AND

FINALLY. WHEN PRESIDENT NIXON TOOK THE

UNITED STATES OFF THE GOLD STANDARD!

THERE HAS BEEN A LONG LINE OF MEN OF INFLUENCE, WEALTH

AND POWER THAT PASSED THE AGENDA OF CONTROL FROM

GENERATION TO GENERATION UNTIL WE FIND OURSELVES

AT THIS CRITICAL JUNCTION IN OUR NATIONS' HISTORY....

I BELIEVE YOU ARE A PATRIOTIC AMERICAN AND LIKE YOU,

I USED TO LET MY EMOTIONS LEAD THE WAY UNTIL I STARTED TO

RESEARCH OVER SEVERAL YEARS AND I WAS ASTONISHED

AT HOW DEEP THE RABIT WHOLE GOES!!

IN THE LAST 4 DECADES I'VE SEEN PRESIDENTS COME AND GO,

ONE THING THEY HAVE IN COMMON THEY SEEM TO AGE

VERY QUICKLY. VACATIONS SEEM MORE LIKE STOLEN MOMENTS..

LETS RETURN AMERICA TO CONSTITUTIONAL LAW!!!

• Upvote 4

desimo - how do we get people to wake up - how do we change this - voting doesn't seem to help because doesn't seem to matter which side of the fence you're on - there is so much apathy and how do I get rich thinking - many of the young folks that I talk to today are so Hollywood star struck - they don't seem to care - what has to happen to change this country? The liberal bint is taking over, no doesn't mean no anymore, if I don't like the answer I'll just sue -etc. etc. etc.

There are many of us that think this country is going down the toilet, rightfully so - and many write it on here, the DVF - how do we get together to use the strength we hold to change this, to change attitudes?

coldwarvet - amen to your statement on entitlements - when you see a receipt from a grocery store, and the payment was made with food stamps and what was bought was lobster and things that I certainly cannot afford to buy, but their food stamps sure can...........something is wrong with this picture.............

desimo - how do we get people to wake up - how do we change this - voting doesn't seem to help because doesn't seem to matter which side of the fence you're on - there is so much apathy and how do I get rich thinking - many of the young folks that I talk to today are so Hollywood star struck - they don't seem to care - what has to happen to change this country? The liberal bint is taking over, no doesn't mean no anymore, if I don't like the answer I'll just sue -etc. etc. etc.

There are many of us that think this country is going down the toilet, rightfully so - and many write it on here, the DVF - how do we get together to use the strength we hold to change this, to change attitudes?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Sage..I hear you and you ask a very important Q.

The title to this page is well named. People have to wake up from their slumber !!!

Become aware of what is happening in this country, and around the world.

We should all take out a copy of The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

Read it till we learn what it sais and can recite it back and fore

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands

which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate

and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the

opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their

Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the

consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends,

it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation

on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their

Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be

changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are

more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to

which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the

same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty,

to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the

patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their

former Systems of Government.

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated

injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these

States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Best Regards..

• Upvote 2

Chape - I can ask the questions, but I've no answers - which really exasperates me. I know there are answers - but the U.S. doesn't want to hear many of them. I know there were/are members of congress that believe only a select group should "rule" the U.S. - they really do want no middle class - just a lower class with no sayso in how the gov't operates. They want to encourage entitlement mentality and move everyone to the social system - keep the rabble poor.

All countries and all peoples deserve Freedom and Liberty in every way. We began it hence we hold the Torch of Freedom for every human being to reach for and grasp in their hands. Shall we ignore them when they beg for help?

God Bless America!

• Upvote 1

Chape - I can ask the questions, but I've no answers - which really exasperates me. I know there are answers - but the U.S. doesn't want to hear many of them. I know there were/are members of congress that believe only a select group should "rule" the U.S. - they really do want no middle class - just a lower class with no sayso in how the gov't operates. They want to encourage entitlement mentality and move everyone to the social system - keep the rabble poor.

Yes Sage, I am certain of that..

Here is where all of your answers lie.

Go there and see all that is happening to save this great Nation.

http://www.republicfortheunitedstates.org/

Best Regards..

thanks to all who answered here. For so long I have felt like a lone voice crying in the night. For several years I followed my husband as he worked around the world. When we returned to the US I was appalled to find just how far down we had gone. Seemed like in every venue. Our personal apathy was unbelievable - I call it the "don't bother me with that "stuff", just give my my beer and TV "clicker" attitude. Our business and professional ethics had all but disappeared (sorry investment firms and bankers - but that is the face you show us). We no longer really care about what happens to our neighbors. Actually, we have no problem if they get some of the good life, as long as I get mine first and get more!!. I can say this because I have lived through the World War II, and all the ensuing wars - the good times and the bad that followed. This is the worst I have seen America's standards and it breaks my heart. I just hope I can live long enough to see someone take over who really cares about people, regardless of color, money, background, etc. and at least turn us in the right direction again. Thank you for listening to my rant.

• Upvote 1

100%!!!

So which candidate can we sway to return our country to "we the people"? I'll bet there are many more of us than who have posted. I am willing to help fund a campaign that will overturn the status quo and would also like so see the "lifetime" benefits for politicians abolished. Now, THAT would seem to help our bottom line... anyone know a likely candidate? Let's start our own revolution!

• Upvote 1

God bless to all my fellow patriots out there.

Our political system has become so corrupt and far removed from reality now that it is no longer about serving the well being of the country but about appeasing special interest and getting re-elected. It is all about political posturing now and how you market yourself to appear to the media and thus the voters. Nothing about character, integrity, and true service.

Congress has exempted themselves from the same health care they voted in for everyone else, receive lifetime pay and benefits after they leave office, and enjoy perks and benefits they vote in for themselves at the expense of the American people.

We need people today in office not afraid to make tough and unpopular decisions that may cause their political career to be short lived. Those who really care about the well being of our country and not just their own butt. We don't need more career politicians who have made a living off government salaries that know nothing about how to run a business, be fiscally responsible, balance a budget, accept responsibility for their actions.

How is this whole "change and hope" thing working out for ya? Just more political posturing to get votes but has nothing to do with reality. The present administration has proven that without a doubt.

How naive can the American people be?

Far too many years of postponing reality and pushing the repercussions of current actions and decisions on to our children and grandchildren to have any idea what reality is or the true state of affairs of our country.

I am believing for the best but preparing for the worst. I am extremely patriotic and an avid lover of all America stands for. I am beyond grateful for or military servicemen who give their lives and service to maintain the values and freedoms our country was founded on.

First order of business should be to require 4 years of active military service of all politicians. And 4 years of busting their butts in a blue collar job for an hourly wage and learning to successfully making ends meet. 4 years of business experience to learn how to make tough decisions, learn to keep overhead manageable to turn a profit, and experience firing unproductive employees who suck the life out of their business because of laziness, poor attitudes, and an entitlement mentality.

Get involved and vote, research the candidates, don't buy into the high priced marketing images and be realistic.

And thanks again to our many retired and active service men :)

• Upvote 1