Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HSBC knows something

randalln

HSBC ups BDSI investment

Posted on 10 June 2011. Tags: Banking & Finance, BDSI, HSBC, ISX

On June 7, HSBC announced that it would be subscribing in full to Dar Es Salam Bank’s (BDSI) 46.9% rights issue. The “world’s local bank” will be buying 23.7 bn new BDSI shares at IQD 1 each for the equivalent of about US$ 20.3 mn. (See this

link for the announcement .)

The HSBC subscription will enable BDSI to meet the Central Bank of Iraq’s June 30 deadline for all private sector banks to increase paid-in capital to IQD 100 bn. Added to BDSI’s existing capital of IQD 72 bn, HSBC’s new shares will bring the total to IQD 95.7 bn, virtually assuring that the target will be met.

This will be the first time HSBC has injected capital into BDSI since it acquired its 70.1% stake in 2005. (Subsequent capital increases all took the form of bonus share issues.) Based on BDSI’s year-end 2005 capital of IQD 25 bn, that initial investment must have been something like IQD 17 bn—only about US$ 12 mn at the then prevailing exchange rate of around IQD 1470 = US$ 1.

The banking giant’s decision to put in more money, while not unexpected, can be seen as an important vote of confidence not only for its subsidiary but also for the Iraqi banking sector as a whole. There may also be a nice profit for investors when BDSI’s shares resume trading. On an adjusted basis, BDSI was up on the first day of trading following all four of the capital increases it has done since the beginning of 2005. The average first-day gain was 17.3%.

That tells you what ever is going to happen its taking place in under 5 days

Edited by randalln
  • Upvote 15

To me this means more than anything else I have read. But then, I took a day off and this is the first item I found here so ... who knows ... but ... It is, in my mind, significant. Here, in Canada, HSBC came in, took over the Bank of British Columbia, as a "partner" and before you knew it the BBC no longer had a sign or a flyer to be found. It is stricly HSBC. Hmmmmmmm ... big dealings with these people. They are also the ones we were advised to go to for the RV since other Canadian banks were not exchanging IQD ... even more big dealings.

Should I say it? ... Okay ... GO RV

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Good morning!

Take a look around, the WRITING is on the wall; follow the MONEY trail. This country is one of the fastest growing economies, if not the first or second, in the world right now. US banks would not be taking unecessary risks in a country that is going to LOP their currency or if they knew they would not make a profit. They do their homework and find excellent investments to their bottom lines and shareholders; just remember they must have permission from the shareholders to do any investments such at this.

Relax, take a deep breath and be patient, this will pay off in due time.

Thank you,

GG

• Upvote 7

Thanks GG very well put !!!!! Business will always be business, and that's what we all need to stay focused on... Follow the BIG guys and the money :rolleyes:

'Shelly',

Thank you for your comments!

I am a shareholder in a company and we have to sign off on any new requests presented to us. The main key to this risky investment is to follow the money trail and those who are major players in our financial system.

Thanks again,

GG

Excellent point gold!!!!

'Crow',

Thank you for your comments and have a good day!

GG

• Upvote 2

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Good morning!

Take a look around, the WRITING is on the wall; follow the MONEY trail. This country is one of the fastest growing economies, if not the first or second, in the world right now. US banks would not be taking unecessary risks in a country that is going to LOP their currency or if they knew they would not make a profit. They do their homework and find excellent investments to their bottom lines and shareholders; just remember they must have permission from the shareholders to do any investments such at this.

Thank you,

GG

Hillarious stated in the American business conference on Iraq that the country is growing faster than China.

• Upvote 2

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Good morning!

Thank you,

GG

Im not worried about their government.... we all knew the risks over there UPFRONT!!!

I'm more worried about what our government is going to spring at the last moment to take it away from us.

Th last 3 (yes 3) years... this president has LIED or for some reason consistantly made the wrong choices for us....

I love my country and I hope that some of us here will use their gains to help set the country back on track.

Go USA GO RV

I am the kingfish and I approved this message.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It's all good! I like to look on the bright side! Most of the little people are trying to bring down the giants in our lives that try to keep us from moving forward. If David could use one investment in a small rock to bring down the Goliath in his life, then it could be possible that this one event can help set the course in a right direction for so many who have been believing and dreaming of a brighter tomorrow! Go ahead little David! Throw that stone at Goliath! Though there be giants in the land we will fight on to victory! Keep believing! Keep smiling! Go RV!cool.gif

• Upvote 5

But for some reason i was told not to give the particulars .By people that breath heavy .haha but you know this is for the benefit of other hard working people that took a chance and thats what America is all about .(Atleast it was when I was in school).Thats probably been psychoanalyzed out of them by now.

It's all good! I like to look on the bright side! Most of the little people are trying to bring down the giants in our lives that try to keep us from moving forward. If David could use one investment in a small rock to bring down the Goliath in his life, then it could be possible that this one event can help set the course in a right direction for so many who have been believing and dreaming of a brighter tomorrow! Go ahead little David! Throw that stone at Goliath! Though there be giants in the land we will fight on to victory! Keep believing! Keep smiling! Go RV!cool.gif

Now thats the spirit!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

'DokterJ',

Thank you for the very positive and uplifting post!

Keep it up my friend!!!!

GG