Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stansberry Research Comment on Dinar. Who's the fool?

qzee

This is comment that Stansberry Associates Reserach Investment group said about the dinar. I used to think these guys were on the ball and I subscribe to their investment newsletter. Now I know they aren't. I'm dumping them. I told them that he must not know anything about the dinar to say something so stupid about it being widely counterfitted. He is going to be the fool in the end. I am disgusted with this group. I used to think they really "got it" about what is really happening in the world. This is part of the smoke they are blowing up to get us to cave. Not gonna happen.

"First, let me admit my nearly complete ignorance. I know nothing about the relative value of the Iraqi dinar. Nor do I know anything about the rules that govern its convertibility or exchange. However, given the tone and the frequency of e-mails to my office about this matter… given the fact that hundreds of websites advertise Iraqi dinar… and given the fact that Iraq is, at best, highly unstable… I would advise anyone thinking about it to use extreme caution.

The history of the dinar might be instructive. In 1959, the dinar became convertible into U.S. dollars at the rate of 1 dinar to $2.80. Following the oil boom of the 1960s and early 1970s, its value rose to 1 dinar to $3.37. Then… disaster struck in the form of the war with Iran. By 1989, the market exchange rate was 3 dinars for $1 – essentially a complete inversion of the historic exchange rate. After that, we had the even more disastrous Gulf War with the U.S. and its allies. By 1995, the dinar was almost worthless, trading at 3,000 dinars to $1.

Following the 2003 U.S. invasion, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new dinars. Today, these dinar are currently trading at 1,200 dinars per $1 U.S. and have been widely counterfeited – which might explain the prevalence of websites offering to sell them. Anyone who believes "revaluing" the dinar will save the world's economy is simply a fool."

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 14

Mods, please take this down. Obviously the people rating this and commenting do not understand it. mydogz, did you even read it?????

Sorry Derek, I commented while you were. At least you get it. I could actually use help in responding further to educate Mr Stansberry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

actually im gonna catch flak for this .. but i kinda agree with him .. the DInar Rv'ing WONT save the worlds economy ... It would however fix MY personal economic status and as a result those around me .. if the key to the worlds finances rested with one country this wouldn't have ever been a problem in the 1st place ..

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

GZEE,

LMAO. You consider yourself qualified to educate Stansberry. They have a proven track record of investment success. All they said was the dinar has been highly counterfeited. That may be true. Who knows. You sure don't. And I agree if you think tiny little Iraq revaluing their dinar will save the world's economy you are a fool. I recommend stepping back and taking some deep breaths. Do I want an RV? You bet!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

My Dad just printed this out and brought it down to me and said. "Doesnt look good for your dinar Jake."

I read it and was like... WTF? He makes the case FOR IT HAPPENING. States all the pre war rates blah blah. Only negative I see in that was about counterfeited dinar. Which I feel like unless you bought from ebay or some other unrepeatable dealer, you are probably pretty safe from holding.

Dad went to sleep but I cant wait to discuss with him in the morning.

• Upvote 1

True, the ID RV will not save the world. The ID RV is but one of 132 world currencies up for RV by the end of this year. The ID RV is real as is the other nations. This was agreed on at the G20 summit in Seoul in 2010. This will also avert trade wars, protectionism & currency wars thus averting a world great depression if left unchecked.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like to me some body or groupe needs to pull there heads out of the sand and open there eyes, its going to happen with or with out thease dummies. But that agin i consider it an investment not a 100% sure thing. Just like opening a bissness you can win or lose, its only money. :D

Stansberry Research may have some VERY smart people working for them. However, I find it objectionable that they use that research to play on people's fears in order to sell Stansberry financial products, and criticize those products which Stansberry doesn't sell. I know that's the way things have been in the financial services industry for a long time, and it's one of the reasons why the world financial system is in the mess it's in.

In that respect, Porter Stansberry's firm is part of the problem, not part of the solution. Playing on people's emotions has never been a reputable strategy to get people to buy, and it's why I will never buy one product from Porter Stansberry's company. JMO.

• Upvote 2

I think Stansberry is very good if not great. You gotta remember that we have all become very smart about Iraq and the dinar. We are pooling our information from multiple sources as this would not be possible without the internet. This community has looked under every rock at least a hundred times and analized it to death. If you have been looking into this investment as long as I have and focusing all attention on one thing for years you get good at it after a while, it is a process. Just stick to Stansberry with the metals market. I still feel Porter is way off base with the dinar but in the same light it is not their specialty and take the other gems that he offers and use them to your advantage.

FOLLOW THE MONEY. If some one makes their living telling you where to invest or where you'll get the best returns on your investment or anything of the like, they do NOT want you to do it for yourself!! Why do you need them if you can do it with out them? They simply fear the lose of they livelihood.

• Upvote 3

Following the 2003 U.S. invasion, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new dinars. Today, these dinar are currently trading at 1,200 dinars per $1 U.S. and have been widely counterfeited – which might explain the prevalence of websites offering to sell them. Anyone who believes "revaluing" the dinar will save the world's economy is simply a fool."

That part is true.......

Dont know why your bashing these specific comments because they do have some some fact to it.....

The dinar has been and is being counterfeit....one of the biggest reasons why people say its a scam...there have been reports of people even from Japan buying massive quantities of fake dinar.....Talked to a few servicemen while living in Phoenix and they were just openly talking about Iraq and mentioned removing pallets of fake dinar to be destroyed......Its another reason why countries change the looks of their currency every so often...gotta keep the criminals on their toes!

As for the dinar saving the global economy, well I just simply agree with it not being the answer....this big elaborate plan to save countries across the globe....dont think so....You may have jumped the gun dumping them....just my observation....

Stansberry Research may have some VERY smart people working for them. However, I find it objectionable that they use that research to play on people's fears in order to sell Stansberry financial products, and criticize those products which Stansberry doesn't sell. I know that's the way things have been in the financial services industry for a long time, and it's one of the reasons why the world financial system is in the mess it's in.

In that respect, Porter Stansberry's firm is part of the problem, not part of the solution. Playing on people's emotions has never been a reputable strategy to get people to buy, and it's why I will never buy one product from Porter Stansberry's company. JMO.

think I will cancel my Stanberry subscription!

When I first check into this a few months back I felt the vary same way.

But as time went by and things got worst and worst maybe using fear to

get people to help them self is not such a bad ideal.

Because when you look at their track record you think how can I go wrong.

And they do give you everything you need to make a sound decision.

I subscribe to several of their publications and they are, in fact, quite good in their analysis and recommendations. However, they use excellent copyrighters to write their salespitches and are currently spouting total doom and gloom for the US economy.

If you research the creation of fiat money, the new Basel III requirements for capital, how fiat money is destroying the world...it makes total sense to me that countries are now playing a game of "hot potato" with their currencies. The US is a net consumer - really what do we manufacture here other than EDUCATION? I believe that in order to make the global markets efficient, value must be given to countries based upon their natural resources and other assets versus an arbitrary "number" assigned like the IQD for example - 1170 -1USD??? Cmon! The country is worth much more.

Im in Porter's industry and even I had a hard time getting my head around buying IQD - it made no sense to me at all when I first looked at it 3 years ago. Then things started really heating up last summer - look at all of the progress they have made in the last year - REMARKABLE to me.

The most important piece to me is how Kuwait Rvd - post-war...now we are doing it again to bail out yet another fiat mess.

Eventually the world cannot continue on with this fiat mess...they will have to have value based on something...

Hopefully we will get our shot here to create some net worth and move into multiple stores of value - other currencies, metals, land etc VERY VERY SOON CMON RV! :D

Have a great weekend!

• Upvote 2