Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Helene Hadsell Knows The Secret

umbertino

Life is either a daring adventure - or nothing! - Helene Hadsell

No, this is not a scene from Leave it to Beaver, or The Brady Bunch. This is the family of Helene Hadsell, enjoying their new home in 1969. The 4300 sq ft home was built in Irving, Texas at an estimated cost of $50,000, which back then was a lot of house. What makes this family and their new home so interesting, is they won it.

In the New York World's Fair of 1964, the Formica Corporation sponsored a nationwide contest, with the grand prize being a copy of the World's Fair Home, plus the lot, built anywhere in the US the winner chooses. Of course, out of 1.5 Million entries, Helene and Pat Hadsell won.

What makes this story - rather unusual - besides the fact they won, is that she KNEW she was going to win. Without a doubt. In fact, she had her husband take the day off work, because 'she knew' the Formica People were coming over that day to tell them they had won. She told her husband, "For God sake's, act surprised!" The phone did ring later that day, the Vice President for the company was waiting for Mr. Hadsell to get home from work, because he had some 'interesting news' for them. Imagine his surprise when Helene told him that her husband was already home. "Oh yes, he's here, he took the day off. " Soon after the representatives arrived, and informed the lucky couple they had indeed won the home, they were even more surprised when the Hadsells presented them with the plans for their new home. "Uh...you have plans?" the VP asked. "Oh yes" said Helene, "We been planning a new home". She just left out the part where they were expecting Formica to pay for it.

You might say that Helene was very lucky to win that home. But - you would be mistaken - in that 'luck' had nothing to do with it. Like I said, Helene KNEW she was going to win. She always wins. Every contest she has entered - she has won. She has won cars, furniture, stereos, musical instruments, clothing, groceries, trips to Europe.....

Whenever Helene sees something that she wants, she finds a contest that is giving that particular something away, and she wins it. She told her husband that she wanted to be sitting in a sidewalk cafe, in Paris, sipping a glass of wine on her 40th birthday. Several months before her birthday she entered a contest sponsored by a cola company, "Where in the World do you Want to Go, and Why?" Helene won...... 3rd prize, a Hammond Organ. Nice, but not what she wanted. Not giving up, she entered another contest sponsored by a Men's Sportsware Company giving away trips to Europe. This time she entered twice, her entry was for Paris, and her husband's entry was for Venice. While she waited, her and her husband went out and got their shots and passports. Talk about belief! One month before her birthday, she won the trip to Venice, with a stopover in Paris.

Helene's lucky streak began in 1958 while she was reading "The Power of Positive Thinking", by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. She became excited when she read, "You can have anything you want, provided you know what you want". Her husband was reading a popular fishing magazine and she excitedly told him, "We can have whatever we want!" He replied while pointing to the magazine, "Fine, I'd like this outboard motor..." She entered a contest and won it.

Today, Helene is 84yrs old and is still as feisty as ever. Her list of personal friends include the late Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, the late Dr. Joseph Murphy (The Power of Your Subconscious Mind), the late Jose Silva (Silva Mind Control), and even Joe Vitale from the blockbuster movie, The Secret.

According to Helene, the key is a well know, although mysterious concept in Positive Thinking:

Picture the thing you desire as having already happened or taken place.

"They practically hit you over the head with it in all the motivational and inspirational books", Helene says, "and still not that many people actually do it. See clearly in your mind how the Rose Bowl Parade is going to look on that new color TV. Savor the sizzle of that Roast as you take it out of that shiny new microwave oven."

Her formula is simple, and catchy.

Select It (know what you want)

Project It (see it as already happened)

Expect It (believe it is already yours)

and then Collect It.

It seems to have worked for Helene, who is now the author of several books, "Contesting: The Name it and Claim It Game", and "Confessions of an 83yr Old Sage". Her website can be found here at Delta Sciences.

http://magicofbelieving.com/

• Upvote 3

Life is either a daring adventure - or nothing! - Helene Hadsell

No, this is not a scene from Leave it to Beaver, or The Brady Bunch. This is the family of Helene Hadsell, enjoying their new home in 1969. The 4300 sq ft home was built in Irving, Texas at an estimated cost of $50,000, which back then was a lot of house. What makes this family and their new home so interesting, is they won it.

In the New York World's Fair of 1964, the Formica Corporation sponsored a nationwide contest, with the grand prize being a copy of the World's Fair Home, plus the lot, built anywhere in the US the winner chooses. Of course, out of 1.5 Million entries, Helene and Pat Hadsell won.

What makes this story - rather unusual - besides the fact they won, is that she KNEW she was going to win. Without a doubt. In fact, she had her husband take the day off work, because 'she knew' the Formica People were coming over that day to tell them they had won. She told her husband, "For God sake's, act surprised!" The phone did ring later that day, the Vice President for the company was waiting for Mr. Hadsell to get home from work, because he had some 'interesting news' for them. Imagine his surprise when Helene told him that her husband was already home. "Oh yes, he's here, he took the day off. " Soon after the representatives arrived, and informed the lucky couple they had indeed won the home, they were even more surprised when the Hadsells presented them with the plans for their new home. "Uh...you have plans?" the VP asked. "Oh yes" said Helene, "We been planning a new home". She just left out the part where they were expecting Formica to pay for it.

You might say that Helene was very lucky to win that home. But - you would be mistaken - in that 'luck' had nothing to do with it. Like I said, Helene KNEW she was going to win. She always wins. Every contest she has entered - she has won. She has won cars, furniture, stereos, musical instruments, clothing, groceries, trips to Europe.....

Whenever Helene sees something that she wants, she finds a contest that is giving that particular something away, and she wins it. She told her husband that she wanted to be sitting in a sidewalk cafe, in Paris, sipping a glass of wine on her 40th birthday. Several months before her birthday she entered a contest sponsored by a cola company, "Where in the World do you Want to Go, and Why?" Helene won...... 3rd prize, a Hammond Organ. Nice, but not what she wanted. Not giving up, she entered another contest sponsored by a Men's Sportsware Company giving away trips to Europe. This time she entered twice, her entry was for Paris, and her husband's entry was for Venice. While she waited, her and her husband went out and got their shots and passports. Talk about belief! One month before her birthday, she won the trip to Venice, with a stopover in Paris.

Helene's lucky streak began in 1958 while she was reading "The Power of Positive Thinking", by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. She became excited when she read, "You can have anything you want, provided you know what you want". Her husband was reading a popular fishing magazine and she excitedly told him, "We can have whatever we want!" He replied while pointing to the magazine, "Fine, I'd like this outboard motor..." She entered a contest and won it.

Today, Helene is 84yrs old and is still as feisty as ever. Her list of personal friends include the late Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, the late Dr. Joseph Murphy (The Power of Your Subconscious Mind), the late Jose Silva (Silva Mind Control), and even Joe Vitale from the blockbuster movie, The Secret.

According to Helene, the key is a well know, although mysterious concept in Positive Thinking:

Picture the thing you desire as having already happened or taken place.

"They practically hit you over the head with it in all the motivational and inspirational books", Helene says, "and still not that many people actually do it. See clearly in your mind how the Rose Bowl Parade is going to look on that new color TV. Savor the sizzle of that Roast as you take it out of that shiny new microwave oven."

Her formula is simple, and catchy.

Select It (know what you want)

Project It (see it as already happened)

Expect It (believe it is already yours)

and then Collect It.

It seems to have worked for Helene, who is now the author of several books, "Contesting: The Name it and Claim It Game", and "Confessions of an 83yr Old Sage". Her website can be found here at Delta Sciences.

http://magicofbelieving.com/

This ideology is so stupid. I thought people stopped talking about this two years ago.

• Downvote 9

This ideology is so stupid. I thought people stopped talking about this two years ago.

Did you ever notice, that when someone puts out negative vibes all the time, always complaining, why me, I have no luck, my boss sucks, etc.

What they get back is the SAME.... they always have drama one problem after another, they never get anywhere, and work always sucks. They function at a "low vibration" and attract other low vibration people. An opportunity can hit them square in the face, and they won't see it.

Then you have the person who thinks and acts in a POSITIVE manner. Cheerful, looking on the positive side of an issue instead of the downside..taking a negative situation and seeeing what they can learn from it.

He attracts high vibrration people like himself. opportunties present themselves, and he is open to them.

So, it's not a 70's thing...I was there then and here now... it is a law of nature. What you dwell on, expands, Dwell on negative, that's what you'll keep attracting..

OK that'll be $350 for this session, :o see you next week! :lol:

Nice post.......I believe in the power of positive thinking. It reminds me of the tune" I believe " :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks. I just thought she was ultra-extra lucky and it got my attention.

ok everyone ..tonight at 8 CST think rv

Sure. Why not.

Edited by umbertino

Did you ever notice, that when someone puts out negative vibes all the time, always complaining, why me, I have no luck, my boss sucks, etc.

What they get back is the SAME.... they always have drama one problem after another, they never get anywhere, and work always sucks. They function at a "low vibration" and attract other low vibration people. An opportunity can hit them square in the face, and they won't see it.

Then you have the person who thinks and acts in a POSITIVE manner. Cheerful, looking on the positive side of an issue instead of the downside..taking a negative situation and seeeing what they can learn from it.

He attracts high vibrration people like himself. opportunties present themselves, and he is open to them.

So, it's not a 70's thing...I was there then and here now... it is a law of nature. What you dwell on, expands, Dwell on negative, that's what you'll keep attracting..

OK that'll be $350 for this session, :o see you next week! :lol:

You know..I admit.... I used to be one of those deeming this as basically useless chit-chat and nothing more... But I'm gradually coming to think I might have been wrong in my assumptions.... You might have a point with that... I mean...After all People try anything and everything....( even God,when they get lost, confused, beaten and desperate no matter if they're not religious.. they say " let's try with God also... You never know")..... maybe, just maybe.... You could be right........

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Your not going to believe this . But 5 hours ago siting in my garage (after hearing all the lop talk), and I had this exact same thought so either the men in black are controlling this website are there is something too this. I have believed in this my whole life and looking back there has been some real things that have happened in my life the would lend credit to this exact premise.

I for one will not be negative again on this subject of a RV .I have 7 years invested not going to give up now.

• Upvote 2

Your not going to believe this . But 5 hours ago siting in my garage (after hearing all the lop talk), and I had this exact same thought so either the men in black are controlling this website are there is something too this. I have believed in this my whole life and looking back there has been some real things that have happened in my life the would lend credit to this exact premise.

I for one will not be negative again on this subject of a RV .I have 7 years invested not going to give up now.

I have personally had experiences with it as well. I do believe in the power of attraction.

Thanks for posting Umbertino

• Upvote 2

Okay everyone... In my heart I believe there is a little more than thinking or wishing things to happen.... YOU START THERE.. then you have to believe it and that's what makes the magic happen. So come on everyone believe it and please believe it high 3+

Have a great night :D

• Upvote 1

I have personally had experiences with it as well. I do believe in the power of attraction.

Thanks for posting Umbertino

Kimberlye.... My pleasure.... Glad you and others enjoyed it.

Okay everyone... In my heart I believe there is a little more than thinking or wishing things to happen.... YOU START THERE.. then you have to believe it and that's what makes the magic happen. So come on everyone believe it and please believe it high 3+

Have a great night :D

Ok.

• Upvote 1

If you have watched the video on youtube about the water molecules photographed by electron microscope that react to your thoughts and words, you would understand it is science, and the law of nature that our words and thoughts influence all the matter around us. The molecules when cursed shrink up and look ugly. When blessed they change and look beautiful! Each emotion spoken causes the water to change. Imagine if we continually speak good things to our bodies mostly made up of water with a little dirt? Laughter is like a medicine according to Proverbs, and what about the scripture that says, "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"? King James Version...LOL

All matter is made up of light, and light is composed of an infinite spectrum of color, and each of millions of variations of color vibrate at a different frequency....

When we speak our mind, the sound of our voice carries the positive energy to all the objects around us, which are impacted by the positive vibrations, causing them to change how they respond. Scientists have found that even rocks record events around them...Jesus said the "rocks would cry out", so even they have wavelength emissions and make "sounds" that can be heard if you can hear at the wavelength which they vibrate.

What if speaking positive words and sending an application for a drawing for a random contest caused your entry to be energized and invoked a law of nature that operates scientifically, but not seen with the natural eye?

Many years ago I was selling health insurance policies and struggling to get going, when the regional manager announced a month long contest....each completed application with check would be entered in a drawing with 6 different prizes, starting with a cruise, and ending with a $100 bill. I told my wife I was going to win that cruise for her, and went to work! It was slow going, with a lot of health issues blocking my applications, but the final 3 days everything went perfect, and I went from 2 entries to 10!

Some top salesmen had over 20 entries, and we had 50 salesmen statewide who gathered for the final day for the drawing. I was very excited over my blessed couple of days, and filled out each ballot believing I could win the grand prize! They started with the smallest, and of course I won the $100 bill. I then won the new sport coat or suit of my choice. Each time my name was drawn, I had less chances to win, but when I won 4 out of 5, with the grand prize last, I "knew" it was MINE! I was so excited, I ran to the bathroom to empty my bladder, shaking with anticipation!

Sure enough, I won the cruise, and they came looking for me in the bathroom, astonished that I had won 5 out of 6, beating out literally hundreds of other ballots!

Interestly, I had argued with my regional manager previously. His philosophy was, "What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve." I disagreed, stating the scripture, "Faith come by hearing, hearing by the word of God". I have had other occasions when I "knew" I was going to win something, but not too often...To this day, I do not know if it was God who gave me the "faith" to pursue that grand prize of the cruise, placing each ballot into the box expecting and believing I was going to win, or that I was so focused on selling those health policies, and winning that cruise, placing each ballot into the box like a homing pigeon to pop up into the hand of the person reaching into the ballot, that they were vibrating with my positive energy and completed their mission.

The bible talks about the power of agreement...It says, "one can put a thousand to flight, but 2 can put 10,000 to flight." I know I am taking this verse out of context, but if all the above is natural law of our universe, and we all agree positively that the plan to increase the currency that will bless the Iraqi people and us will complete ASAP, it could not hurt, could it? There are thousands of us...if we all start speaking positively, out loud to our computer, to the environment around us, to the emails we are sending to each other at the speed of light....vibrating, resonating, postive light impregnated with sound waves from our voices, who knows what effect it might have???

Oh well, it's late, and I had too much coffee with my Strohs Rocky Road Ice Cream after we ate the organic burgers I grilled tonight!

God Bless America, God Bless Iraq, and God Bless all the Dinarians who have invested in Iraq!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post Umbertino ... Love it :D Oh and by the way , my family is a short boat trip from yours, Reggio Calabria. caio' Bello

My pleasure Shelley.........Interesting. Yes Reggio Calabria is right in front of Messina on the other side of the Channel dividing Calabria from Sicily. Ciao bella.............BTW Messina was my father's birthplace... I was born and have lived in Trento which is North of the Country, all my life.....

umbertino you are a man of Wisdom I love your posts I will try this. I have no comment until I try it. I always like positive thinking. Thank you :D

Thank you. You are very kind. Honestly I don't know if I am a man of wisdom. I like thinking that I have tried acquiring some of that through life experience.

Edited by umbertino