Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Should we of bought the lower denoms??

DRV1804

If (and I don't believe they will in commonly described manner) they do, they HAVE to do it across the board! Otherwise they are literally cheating some people out of money. And I mean Iraqi's, including themselves. It would certainly cause considerable chaos.

• Upvote 1

Once I heard the Lopsters talking about this I bought some 250 dinar notes. But what it sounds like they will remove all bills over 100 dinar...once the lower denoms (1,5,10,20,50,100) come out. Everyone should be able to exchange old for new like Upgradable said. Just have to wait and see.

Edited by Don & Rocio

If one note changes value, they all change value. You can't have an electronic banking system and affect certain notes and not others. It's an across the board all or nothing. If you do what i think you are calling a LOP (removing the three zeros) then a 25000 note becomes 25 and a 50 note becomes .05. Doesn't matter the denomination.

• Upvote 1

There will no time limit on the lower denoms. The larger 000 bills will most likely have 30-90 day window to be turned in. So if they RV at say 1.00 you will have no choice but to cash in at that rate, If you have lower denoms you can hold onto them and ride the currency up to the 3 + rate in the next couple of years.

• Upvote 2

I drank the Pumper Kool Aid and bought 50, 250 and 500 notes to go with the 10k and 25k notes I already had.

I can't address a LOP, as I don't know what that is...

If it is a RD, this won't be a benefit..

They look nice, and I have them in quantity.

But, I am doubtful they will be the hedge that I was counting on.

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna have to disagree, it says nothing about removing 500's and 250's. It only speaks about the three 000 notes (25,000/10,000/5,000/1,000)at this time. I don't believe they will take our dinars from us if we do have the 3 zero notes. Come to the US and tell someone their 1,000,000 dollars that they have saved most of ones life is now worth only 1,000 dollars and see what happens.."Why you folks keep stressing yourselves is beyond me...It even states (In the Long Term) at the beginning of the phrase. We paid for a Number of Dinar(1170 to 1) regardless of what it's worth at this time. If it goes up in value we still have the same amount of Dinar. Example:Like gold and silver when exchanged for cash we get either a Higher or Lower amount depending on the ounces(Dinar) and value(current rate) at the time of exchange. Regardless of what we paid for said Gold and Silver.

Edited by Snatcher

I think we are all in for huge surprises. There is so much disinformation out there if I were a big time investment pro I wouldn't go near the IQD with a ten foot pole. So guess what - it''s up to us to reap the rewards if they come. Or suffer the consequences if they don't. I hope you all realize all investments carry some measure of risk. I like to dwell on positive aspects none the less so let's hope this week coming makes our lives so much for the better! And the heck with the bad stuff! :)

Edited by Cosmo
  • Upvote 1

There will no time limit on the lower denoms. The larger 000 bills will most likely have 30-90 day window to be turned in. So if they RV at say 1.00 you will have no choice but to cash in at that rate, If you have lower denoms you can hold onto them and ride the currency up to the 3 + rate in the next couple of years.

I hope that you are right. Most of my notes are 50's since 2004. Go RV and good Luck

I drank the Pumper Kool Aid and bought 50, 250 and 500 notes to go with the 10k and 25k notes I already had.

I can't address a LOP, as I don't know what that is...

If it is a RD, this won't be a benefit..

They look nice, and I have them in quantity.

But, I am doubtful they will be the hedge that I was counting on.

Dalite, I wouldn't scoff too loudly about what you did kool-aid or not. It doesn't hurt to have some lower notes just in case the irrational things do happen over there. From what we've seen not a lot of rational things have happened so far. I have a mix of both types and if it all turns out totally good for us here in the states, i.e. low and high notes, then it gives one an option to cash in a few dinars at a time without the hassles of getting high notes changed. I have a few 500 notes and I hope to cash one in every week for a few months as a sort of supplement to pay normal living expenses (knowing to pay taxes too). If there's a definite period to cash in all dinar notes then they just get turned in along with the high notes. Just my opinion.

Edited by Cosmo

This is pretty entertaining reading these post. Its so funny how you take a total strangers word on what they think will happen with the unchanged IQD , You can bet there will be some really stupid people with new money soon that will loose it faster than a lotto winner on a quick payout. Go back to work and let the date and rate guys insert large object;s in there back-side. Do you think someone you know or anyone here has a clue how this is going down when clearly they do not know jack. ;

I even think the 50 dinar bills will have to be exchanged. Like Upgradable said, if you don't exchange ALL bills then SOMEONE will either get cheated or have an advantage on others and that wouldn't be allowed.

Obviously you have never dealt the stock exchange.