Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bad News

cambyman

Its just nice to see that it won't be another 7 years on this ride.

End Quote

Don't even mention that (another 7 years)... That would make my IQD experience a 14 yr. long nightmare ... errr.... I mean wonderful adventure ..... Knocking on wood as hard as I can.

Edited by umbertino

so much conflicting info coming from Iraq politicians and media. Some articles like this make it sound like a lop, some articles make it sound like an RV with small denominations of new currency taking over.... only time will tell!

This article CLEARLY states a 25,000 dinar note will equal a 25 dinar note.... "If" its a lop, we better hope for a 3+ dollar RV with it.

Based on Saleh's short, longer term definitions, this is shaping up to be the largest economic train wreck of our lifetime.

Introduce previously printed small denominations into a money supply that carries high inflation on it's back, kick the can down the road, then sort it out in a longer term re denomination

Personally, I think he speaks with a forked tongue; out of both sides of his mouth.

Glad I already bought my ticket... This is gonna' be interesting...

I am missing something here; there has to be a plan hidden in there somewhere?

nope we didn't get screwed because it hasn't even been voted on yet how can you say that?????? parliament has to approve it. YOU FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Easy, The writing is on the wall, If you cant see it then thats your bad. IT IS STILL WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO! ok, I am done here. I just want EVERYONE to remember who has been saying what... Easy say "NO LOP ,NO WAY" I say that it will RD or (LOP) Lets see what the end brings...

I DONT BELIEVE ITS SMOKE... ITS RIGHT THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE BUT IT DOES SAY OVER A LONGER TERM SO THERE MAY STILL BE SOME HOPE. OUR BEST HOPE IS FOR A LOW RV AND A CASH IN PERIOD...

Common sense does apply in cases like these. You are correct...this CLEARLY isn't smoke BUT it also CLEARLY states that this will occur over TIME. In the interim, the 25K dinar will still be 25K and will be treated as such. Do not get down when you read the news...it tells stories and what is actually going to happen with our investment. The "gurus" like to say "smoke and mirrors" all of the time. It is only because they can't rationalize it and/or talk their way around it. This statement though is not smoke and mirrors, it is fact but when combined with the fact that it will occur over time states the obvious - the Dinar will RV. It is a beautiful article. What some naysayers like to focus on is the fact that 25,000 will be equal to 25, but they leave out OVER TIME. You can't leave vital facts out of statements to the press or you are just as bad as the gurus that make up the wack stories. It WILL RV. We WILL be fine.

Edited by UofIGuy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Or a 100,000 dinar note but yeah I agree if this is correct

Thats what I was thinking as well, but he states that at the same time they will issue lower denominations and coins for smaller purchases followed by a redenomination down the road.. As usual, these articles leave me with more questions than answers.

listen do you guys remember when i told you my buddy John went to the U.S commerce Shabbs said himself there is so much PROPAGANDA regarding their news its insane. Honestly i've read saleh's quotes and he always contradicts himself, Stop worrying we wait and see this plan hasn't even been submitted to parliament its trying to put out misinformation when the RV is upon us its his job to do so. That is a FACT!!!!!!

Totally agree. I think it's much todo about nothing

Thats what I was thinking as well, but he states that at the same time they will issue lower denominations and coins for smaller purchases followed by a redenomination down the road.. As usual, these articles leave me with more questions than answers.

Yeah I know it seems from one article they would be releasing lowers but in this article it would seem they plan to release a higher demon but WHO KNOWS........

Guys. to me that's the kick about this investment is watching it and being able to talk with others that are in the same boat.

OF COURSE I don't know what's going to happen. I also thought this forum was set up to talk about what we THINK or our gut instincts.

If some of you just want us to sit back, relax and watch then I'm a bad boy. I enjoy hearing ALL SIDES to this. I haven't bet the farm on this investment.

If I lose it all then OH WELL,

It doesn't matter to me who is right or wrong. I know we are finally getting close to the end of this great mystery we have been following.

buds

chuck

• Upvote 2

Guys. to me that's the kick about this investment is watching it and being able to talk with others that are in the same boat.

OF COURSE I don't know what's going to happen. I also thought this forum was set up to talk about what we THINK or our gut instincts.

If some of you just want us to sit back, relax and watch then I'm a bad boy. I enjoy hearing ALL SIDES to this. I haven't bet the farm on this investment.

If I lose it all then OH WELL,

It doesn't matter to me who is right or wrong. I know we are finally getting close to the end of this great mystery we have been following.

buds

chuck

+1 DeadGuy, All we can do is wait and see!! We can't change what is going to happen good or bad!!

Just another thought, or wishful thinking, maybe this goes along with the other 2 step approach they talked about. Could it be that they do a RV between .86 and 1.00 keeping the larger bills in circulation for major purchases, then as they have said, later do a redenomination that would reinstate the currency to its 3+ range in 2013 or whenever it was?

Just another thought, or wishful thinking, maybe this goes along with the other 2 step approach they talked about. Could it be that they do a RV between .86 and 1.00 keeping the larger bills in circulation for major purchases, then as they have said, later do a redenomination that would reinstate the currency to its 3+ range in 2013 or whenever it was?

Yeah with these latest articles it would seem they have a little bit more of a plan than just to redenominate before an rv.......Which is a good thing lets just hope we can still make the windfall we been hoping for.....I think we will see what happens soon and then we will know for sure.

Hi everybody,

I am new and got involved investing in dinar 3 weeks ago. My close friend gave me the tip and insisted I should get some dinar, so I did, meanwhile I started researching and reading every post and news, following up all the dinar vets comments, predictions and dreams.... I just want to believe that RV will happen and we will all be millionaire. But it seems like it is too good to be true, if RV happens before RD.

What I see is no one really knows or knowledge enough about how the RD works.

Then I remembered RD happened in my country 5 years ago, and they changed the currency from TL to YTL with the RD.

Here is the info. I will paste it, maybe that will help to understand what will happen to large bill, like our 25K's.

On 1 January 2005 the New Turkish Lira (Yeni Türk Lirası in Turkish or Yeni Turk Lirasi using only English letters) entered the Turkish market and become legal tender.

What happened to the old Turkish lira?

In 2005 the old Turkish Lira was gradually phased out of circulation. December 31 2005 was the last day the old lira was accepted in shops. From 1 January 2006 onwards, any remaining old lira has to be converted at either the Turkish Central Bank or T.C. Ziraat Bank branches.

How much is the New Turkish Lira (YTL) worth?

United States Dollar: USD $1 = 1.51 YTL

Australian Dollar: AUD $1 = 1.34 YTL

Euro: EUR €1 = 2.18 YTL

British Pound: GBP £1 = 2.41 YTL

Swiss Franc: CHF 1 = 1.46 YTL

Canadian Dollar: CAD $1 = 1.44 YTL

Japanese Yen: JPY 100 = 1.65 YTL

*All rates as of 28 December 2009

What do the New Turkish Lira notes (bills) and coins look like?

Please see the New Turkish Lira note (bill) and coin designs.

How is the New Turkish Lira different to the old Turkish lira?

The main difference is the new lira has 6 less zeros. For example: 1,000,000 old liras will convert to 1 new lira. Values less than 1,000,000 old liras will convert to kurus (pronounced 'kurush'). 100 new kurus equals 1 new lira. The symbol for New Turkish Lira is YTL and for New Kurus, YKr. To help with changing between the new and old liras, following is a conversion table:

What denominations does the New Turkish Lira have?

The new lira has notes of 100, 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 lira and coins of 1 lira, 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 kurus. Note: there are both notes and coins of 1 lira value.

Why has the Turkish government decided to drop 6 zeros from the lira?

The Turkish government decided on the change for three main reasons:

a) Practical: Dealing with tens, hundreds, thousands and millions is far easier and manageable than dealing with millions, billions, trillions and quadrillions. The only people not happy with the change were the calculator manufacturers!

B) Technical: The multiple digits caused problems with accounting, data processing and statistical software designed for smaller currencies. Petrol station signs also could not display all the digits for the fuel prices.

c) Psychological: Modern Turkey has had a history of hyperinflation. Rare has a year past when the inflation rate was less than 30%(!). In the last 30 years the lira has devalued from 14 to 1,500,000 for USD $1. At one stage a few years ago, the lira was over 1,800,000 to USD $1. The hyperinflation has gone and inflation is currently below 10%.

Removing the zeros will help wipe away the past and hopefully, start a new era of economic confidence in Turkey; a new era when people don't expect price rises every few months, businesses don't automatically lift their prices each quarter and new, higher denomination notes are not issued every 2 years.

The rise in the value of the lira versus the USD is detailed below:

Wasn't having both the old and new lira in circulation at the same time confusing?

Yes, the dual currency systems was confusing. Dealing with so many zeros on the old lira was bad enough, particularly for new visitors to Turkey. The new notes and coins only added to the bewilderment in 2005. It is best to memorise different the notes and coins as soon as possible, ideally, before one even enters Turkey. Also see other money tips for Turkey.

For 2005, it was compulsory for all shops to have prices at both old and new rates to help reduce the confusion a little.

Did businesses take advantage of the change in currency to increase prices, as what happened in the Euro Zone countries?

Although it was possible, such cheating happen on a wide scale. The new lira rate is simply 1/millionth or 6 zeros less than the old lira, whereas the Euro countries had complex exchange rate conversions. In the Euro zone It was easy for businesses to increase prices without consumers noticing. Having 1 year of dual-pricing in Turkey also helped. The Euro countries had far less time to adjust to the new Euro currency before their old currencies were withdrawn.

+1 DeadGuy, All we can do is wait and see!! We can't change what is going to happen good or bad!!

Very true Bumper, however we have all been reading these same pro and con LOP articles for going on three years. It seems rather silly to even ponder at this point knowing the kinds of spin that comes out of Iraq. One tribe owns one media service, another owns another and so on and each one tells their own story while promoting their own brand of propaganda as news. If I have learned anything it is that not to believe anything but simply observe the currency rates and sit back and wait.

Think if it were true many Dinar investors would lose money and not even break even. What do you think that would do International Relations and policies and trade with Iraq????

God Bless America!

Edited by Jac

Hi everybody,

I am new and got involved investing in dinar 3 weeks ago. My close friend gave me the tip and insisted I should get some dinar, so I did, meanwhile I started researching and reading every post and news, following up all the dinar vets comments, predictions and dreams.... I just want to believe that RV will happen and we will all be millionaire. But it seems like it is too good to be true, if RV happens before RD.

What I see is no one really knows or knowledge enough about how the RD works.

Then I remembered RD happened in my country 5 years ago, and they changed the currency from TL to YTL with the RD.

Here is the info. I will paste it, maybe that will help to understand what will happen to large bill, like our 25K's.

On 1 January 2005 the New Turkish Lira (Yeni Türk Lirası in Turkish or Yeni Turk Lirasi using only English letters) entered the Turkish market and become legal tender.

What happened to the old Turkish lira?

In 2005 the old Turkish Lira was gradually phased out of circulation. December 31 2005 was the last day the old lira was accepted in shops. From 1 January 2006 onwards, any remaining old lira has to be converted at either the Turkish Central Bank or T.C. Ziraat Bank branches.

How much is the New Turkish Lira (YTL) worth?

United States Dollar: USD $1 = 1.51 YTL

Australian Dollar: AUD $1 = 1.34 YTL

Euro: EUR €1 = 2.18 YTL

British Pound: GBP £1 = 2.41 YTL

Swiss Franc: CHF 1 = 1.46 YTL

Canadian Dollar: CAD $1 = 1.44 YTL

Japanese Yen: JPY 100 = 1.65 YTL

*All rates as of 28 December 2009

What do the New Turkish Lira notes (bills) and coins look like?

Please see the New Turkish Lira note (bill) and coin designs.

How is the New Turkish Lira different to the old Turkish lira?

The main difference is the new lira has 6 less zeros. For example: 1,000,000 old liras will convert to 1 new lira. Values less than 1,000,000 old liras will convert to kurus (pronounced 'kurush'). 100 new kurus equals 1 new lira. The symbol for New Turkish Lira is YTL and for New Kurus, YKr. To help with changing between the new and old liras, following is a conversion table:

What denominations does the New Turkish Lira have?

The new lira has notes of 100, 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 lira and coins of 1 lira, 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 kurus. Note: there are both notes and coins of 1 lira value.

Why has the Turkish government decided to drop 6 zeros from the lira?

The Turkish government decided on the change for three main reasons:

a) Practical: Dealing with tens, hundreds, thousands and millions is far easier and manageable than dealing with millions, billions, trillions and quadrillions. The only people not happy with the change were the calculator manufacturers!

B) Technical: The multiple digits caused problems with accounting, data processing and statistical software designed for smaller currencies. Petrol station signs also could not display all the digits for the fuel prices.

c) Psychological: Modern Turkey has had a history of hyperinflation. Rare has a year past when the inflation rate was less than 30%(!). In the last 30 years the lira has devalued from 14 to 1,500,000 for USD $1. At one stage a few years ago, the lira was over 1,800,000 to USD $1. The hyperinflation has gone and inflation is currently below 10%.

Removing the zeros will help wipe away the past and hopefully, start a new era of economic confidence in Turkey; a new era when people don't expect price rises every few months, businesses don't automatically lift their prices each quarter and new, higher denomination notes are not issued every 2 years.

The rise in the value of the lira versus the USD is detailed below:

Wasn't having both the old and new lira in circulation at the same time confusing?

Yes, the dual currency systems was confusing. Dealing with so many zeros on the old lira was bad enough, particularly for new visitors to Turkey. The new notes and coins only added to the bewilderment in 2005. It is best to memorise different the notes and coins as soon as possible, ideally, before one even enters Turkey. Also see other money tips for Turkey.

For 2005, it was compulsory for all shops to have prices at both old and new rates to help reduce the confusion a little.

Did businesses take advantage of the change in currency to increase prices, as what happened in the Euro Zone countries?

Although it was possible, such cheating happen on a wide scale. The new lira rate is simply 1/millionth or 6 zeros less than the old lira, whereas the Euro countries had complex exchange rate conversions. In the Euro zone It was easy for businesses to increase prices without consumers noticing. Having 1 year of dual-pricing in Turkey also helped. The Euro countries had far less time to adjust to the new Euro currency before their old currencies were withdrawn.

Did you make any money?

Someone help me understand how they can LOP 3 zeros without upsetting their entire economy. Foreign investors are going to pull out in droves. Additionally. what if I open a Warka Bank account and deposit $1,000,000.00 Dinar? Can they just delete zeros from my bank account? This makes no sense.

I DONT BELIEVE ITS SMOKE... ITS RIGHT THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE BUT IT DOES SAY OVER A LONGER TERM SO THERE MAY STILL BE SOME HOPE. OUR BEST HOPE IS FOR A LOW RV AND A CASH IN PERIOD...

Some of this may just be propaganda.Don't anybody kid yourselves into thinking a lop would not be good for Iraq.With the amount of currency they have in circulation it is pretty well a given that they will do this......eventually........"in the longer term".This is just my opinion but I think alot of what we have been seeing in Iraq with the intergovernmental bickering,lack of tangible progress in the finishing of it,Erbil Agreement not complete etc...has all been part of the political process to try and take the focus off the Dinar.They were not ready in Dec to revalue the currency even though they should have been.Since then they have made alot of big accomplishments in country,taken steps to ratify agreements,are on the verge of having all sanctions permantly lifted,were removed from Olfac list....It goes on and on but most of what has been accomplished has been just this month.The pin is ready to be pulled on this now and the need to feed disinformation to the masses(would be investors) is past.IMO none of what is happening in the Dinar Investment World was meant to happen.Really,if it wasn't for the internet how many people would actually be invested in this???It became a phenomenon that required some damage control,hence propaganda,dis-information,outright BS etc...a way to discourage investement.

As for Iraq lopping their currency,I whole heartedly believe they will,that they have to.....but not right now.I believe what we are going to see is a reasonable revalue a little higher than the USD with a steady increase to the 3.50-4.00 mark by 2015.We with the higher denoms will only be able to benefit off of the initial RV.This is just my opinion.They will RV at a rate attractive enough for investors to cash in,which will effectively "remove the remaining zeroes from circulation".The rate will have to be high enough that people WILL cash in instead of wallpapering their bathrooms with it.They want their currency accounted for.IMO there will be a definative time frame for this to force it to happen.Again I stress the rate has to be high enough......or I will have a very unique Monopoly game!Shortly after,when the new currency is available they will lop and RD.

I really don't think Iraq can RD right now which is what the recent articles seem to be talking about.Unless they have had the new smaller denoms with the Kurds represented already printed and distributed then there is no way in $%&* they can do this in the next few days/week,which Shabs has basically stated as the timeframe for SOMETHING to happen with the Dinars value.As far as I know the currency requiring Kurdistan Representation etc was an issue that came up during the attempt to finalize the government.Anybody heard of 747's flying loads of currency and massive distribution programs to banks going on lately??Just askin' <_<

I think we are there people.I think we are going to realize a very good return on our investment,with a timeframe to get out but IMO it doesn't have to end there.Iraq is one of the last huge emerging markets and will be full of incredible investment opportunities when this is done.I for one plan to take advantage of it and I hope you all do too.This is a once in a lifetime opportunity,like buying google when it was almost worthless.(wish I had of :D )

Remember the above is all just an opinion,but it is an opinion based on countless hours of researching and reading as many others on this site have done.

I want to wish each and everyone of you a happy and fulfilled life after this event occurs.It is not hard to see that many people on this site really NEED this to happen and my heart goes out to you.You are more than likely victims of some very rough times and are not alone.Just think of all the people that are in the same boat and NOT invested in the dinar. :lol:

At least you will be fine in a week!!! :) JMO

Cheers to All

(and may the schwartz be with you!)

Sparky

• Upvote 1

Why is there so much fear from this matter?

Doesn't the very fact that this LOP is supposed to take place 'over time' suggest that larger denoms like 25,000,10,000,5,000, etc etc will only disappear as they are cashed in for their face value?

Like someone pointed out before the United states used to have huge bills as well that are still worth face value.But the US just wanted to phase those out over time in favor of smaller bills.

I'm sure many of the rich Elites that control the worlds governments and economies are also involved in this investment,and set to profit enormously from it.

Some of this may just be propaganda.Don't anybody kid yourselves into thinking a lop would not be good for Iraq.With the amount of currency they have in circulation it is pretty well a given that they will do this......eventually........"in the longer term".This is just my opinion but I think alot of what we have been seeing in Iraq with the intergovernmental bickering,lack of tangible progress in the finishing of it,Erbil Agreement not complete etc...has all been part of the political process to try and take the focus off the Dinar.They were not ready in Dec to revalue the currency even though they should have been.Since then they have made alot of big accomplishments in country,taken steps to ratify agreements,are on the verge of having all sanctions permantly lifted,were removed from Olfac list....It goes on and on but most of what has been accomplished has been just this month.The pin is ready to be pulled on this now and the need to feed disinformation to the masses(would be investors) is past.IMO none of what is happening in the Dinar Investment World was meant to happen.Really,if it wasn't for the internet how many people would actually be invested in this???It became a phenomenon that required some damage control,hence propaganda,dis-information,outright BS etc...a way to discourage investement.

As for Iraq lopping their currency,I whole heartedly believe they will,that they have to.....but not right now.I believe what we are going to see is a reasonable revalue a little higher than the USD with a steady increase to the 3.50-4.00 mark by 2015.We with the higher denoms will only be able to benefit off of the initial RV.This is just my opinion.They will RV at a rate attractive enough for investors to cash in,which will effectively "remove the remaining zeroes from circulation".The rate will have to be high enough that people WILL cash in instead of wallpapering their bathrooms with it.They want their currency accounted for.IMO there will be a definative time frame for this to force it to happen.Again I stress the rate has to be high enough......or I will have a very unique Monopoly game!Shortly after,when the new currency is available they will lop and RD.

I really don't think Iraq can RD right now which is what the recent articles seem to be talking about.Unless they have had the new smaller denoms with the Kurds represented already printed and distributed then there is no way in $%&* they can do this in the next few days/week,which Shabs has basically stated as the timeframe for SOMETHING to happen with the Dinars value.As far as I know the currency requiring Kurdistan Representation etc was an issue that came up during the attempt to finalize the government.Anybody heard of 747's flying loads of currency and massive distribution programs to banks going on lately??Just askin' dry.gif

I think we are there people.I think we are going to realize a very good return on our investment,with a timeframe to get out but IMO it doesn't have to end there.Iraq is one of the last huge emerging markets and will be full of incredible investment opportunities when this is done.I for one plan to take advantage of it and I hope you all do too.This is a once in a lifetime opportunity,like buying google when it was almost worthless.(wish I had of biggrin.gif )

Remember the above is all just an opinion,but it is an opinion based on countless hours of researching and reading as many others on this site have done.

I want to wish each and everyone of you a happy and fulfilled life after this event occurs.It is not hard to see that many people on this site really NEED this to happen and my heart goes out to you.You are more than likely victims of some very rough times and are not alone.Just think of all the people that are in the same boat and NOT invested in the dinar. laugh.gif

At least you will be fine in a week!!! smile.gif JMO

Cheers to All

(and may the schwartz be with you!)

Sparky

good post i agree