Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bad News

cambyman

I know this is actually from a news source but somebody posted there and has no replies please explain to me how this is NOT the dreaded lop.

" In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination is needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000 Iraqi-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note."

http://www.rferl.org/content/iraq_said_planning_currency_overhaul_redenomination/24245867.html

This is not a rumor but an official announcement from a CBI official. Sound bad but maybe I'm reading if wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I know this is actually from a news source but somebody posted there and has no replies please explain to me how this is NOT the dreaded lop.

" In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination is needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000 Iraqi-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note."

http://www.rferl.org...n/24245867.html

This is not a rumor but an official announcement from a CBI official. Sound bad but maybe I'm reading if wrong.

Your not reading it wrong bud....if the parliment approves this plan, thats what will happen and the only thing we can do is hope the value goes up quickly after so that we can still make a decent profit....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

agree with you there. KEY WORDS Saleh used is "In the Long Term" hmmm <_< I don't plan on being in this any longer than I have too.

HAHAHA I was going to point that out too:

In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination is needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000 Iraqi-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note.

As well as:

"adopted a two-pronged plan to restructure the national currency"

Meaning they will be doing two things ... first a RV then a RD ... IMO

• Upvote 3

The reason I believe this to be true and not smoke is because of what I've been told from our friend here in Ramadi... He comfirmed that removing the 3 zero's is what they are indeed trying to pass. But he also told me who knows what happens when it gets voted on... But from what they been telling him and teaching HIS people is that their 25k will be worth 25dinar and so on... So I have told my self that I have just lost money unless after the RD comes a high RV..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

listen do you guys remember when i told you my buddy John went to the U.S commerce Shabbs said himself there is so much PROPAGANDA regarding their news its insane. Honestly i've read saleh's quotes and he always contradicts himself, Stop worrying we wait and see this plan hasn't even been submitted to parliament its trying to put out misinformation when the RV is upon us its his job to do so. That is a FACT!!!!!!

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 5

OMG , Some of you people make me want to kick babies!!!! ITS JUST GOING TO RD. No, special people will get special treatment. NO "OPARAH'S of the world will get a Private RV (ONE JUST FOR THEM). THIS SUCKS I KNOW BUT QUIT GRABBING AT BS. Face it, we got screwed

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 16

OMG , Some of you people make me want to kick babies!!!! ITS JUST GOING TO RD. No, special people will get special treatment. NO "OPARAH'S of the world will get a Private RV (ONE JUST FOR THEM). THIS SUCKS I KNOW BUT QUIT GRABBING AT BS. Face it, we got screwed

nope we didn't get screwed because it hasn't even been voted on yet how can you say that?????? parliament has to approve it. YOU FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I DONT BELIEVE ITS SMOKE... ITS RIGHT THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE BUT IT DOES SAY OVER A LONGER TERM SO THERE MAY STILL BE SOME HOPE. OUR BEST HOPE IS FOR A LOW RV AND A CASH IN PERIOD...

Thats what I am HOPING for.....

You need to read more post about this investment if you still don't get that there money right now is worth .000 and when the .000 is gone it is worth more......

Hmm... It depends on your perspective...... It is worth more compared to what? If one expects to cash in $25k for his 25k dinars and they castrate 3 zeros then it's not worth more..... Even if it goes to $3 for 1 new Dinar after the 3 zeros castration.... Still a lot less than what expected should the 3 zeros have been allowed to stay...... But there's nothing we can do..... I can only hope for the Best.

Edited by umbertino

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of the bank's advisory panel, told RFI on June 23 that in the short term, larger banknote denominations of the dinar will be issued to simplify major transactions.

This sounds like they are keeping large denominations for large purchases in the "short" term which could, and I emphasize could, mean we do realize a significant gain on our large denominations.

Then,

In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination is needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000 Iraqi-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note.

Appears that the redenomination will take place sometime in the future. So, if in the short term they will start issuing lower denominations without a redenomination, it would appear to be a straight up RV. There would be no point to issuing lower denominations at the current nominal exchange rate. As always, we have to wait and see. Its just nice to see that it won't be another 7 years on this ride.

• Upvote 1

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of the bank's advisory panel, told RFI on June 23 that in the short term, larger banknote denominations of the dinar will be issued to simplify major transactions.

This sounds like they are keeping large denominations for large purchases in the "short" term which could, and I emphasize could, mean we do realize a significant gain on our large denominations.

Then,

Appears that the redenomination will take place sometime in the future. So, if in the short term they will start issuing lower denominations without a redenomination, it would appear to be a straight up RV. There would be no point to issuing lower denominations at the current nominal exchange rate. As always, we have to wait and see. Its just nice to see that it won't be another 7 years on this ride.

Or a 100,000 dinar note but yeah I agree if this is correct

I think you are right Penny. We need to read the entire thing. Not just some lines. It looks to me like they will make NEW 25K bills that we will exchange our OLD 25K bills for in the beginning. then they will start to take the triple 0 bills out of circulation. This is a great article for me.

He said that because so many Iraqis still deal mainly in cash, it is cumbersome to carry bags full of money to pay for expensive items like cars. The inconvenience leads people making such purchases -- as well as many entrepreneurs -- to use dollars for those kinds of transactions instead of dinars, something the government wants to end.

He added that large denominations equivalent to around $100 will be issued to simplify major purchases, and new coins and lower denominations will be introduced for smaller transactions.

Read more:

• Upvote 1