Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2 articles - last hour

How will the US, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, (Obama?), the US Treasury, the 1.5% of the super wealthy, who all bought Dinar fare with an analysis like this one? I won't speculate about where Iraq is headed on the RV or RD. I say IMHO that, we won't be able to walk into a bank and cash in for large sums of money. First of all, the US doesn't have the cash and the Federal Reserve is not going to automatically issue funds to cover this venture. In other words, there will not be a run on banks to grab all the cash. We have to think about long term investment into Iraqi assets like oil, and other commodities. That is why I hope Adam creates a consortia that I can join and invest on the future success of Iraq. I believe that is where our actual wealth building will begin. I'd rather take a dividend check than try to take the money and run!!! I don't believe Iraq will RD before RV either. Not economically sound to take such a step if they want to be recognized as an emerging democratic superpower. However, I am not a financial expert. Just a prayerful investor. with a little common sense.

I'm just saying...

• Upvote 1

That is why I hope Adam creates a consortia that I can join and invest on the future success of Iraq. I believe that is where our actual wealth building will begin. I'd rather take a dividend check than try to take the money and run!!! .

You need to look into the VIP group here. That is already in play. There are "other" investments for "after" that are going to be available. Just BE CAREFUL of who you trust.

Edited by FishmanTx

Here's my two cents regarding your reality check you pose:

1. It does not defeat the purpose of the redenomination. If an Iraqi citizen turns in his 25K note in for 100 250 IQD notes, It is a zero net gain or loss. It is still 25K in circulation. It WILL put more cash in the poulation in the sense that the number of bills is more, but the value of the bills has not changed. I give you a ten for two fives, we both still have ten bucks! AND the RD you are talking about, just happened! 25K bills in. Lower denoms out. That was the whole point right? Re Denominate the bills in circulation?

Buying a toaster for 25K with only small bills? The article states large bills will still be available to facilitate transactions. However, the goal is to remove the large bills, change the value of the currency to better reflect the purchasing power of the Dinar, and when all is said and done, Iraq will be on the world stage.

2. Agreed.

3. Woah. Check your math here. You state 25K will become 25. Then that 25 IQD will equal 25 USD. And then you say there is no change in value? I am a child of the 'new math generation' but even I can't get that to work out right. When the IQD=USD that was defininitely a change in value.

4. The IQD is low now. It does have the potential to go up already without needing to de value it any more.

5. You are right about the Ostrich Syndrome. Keeping our heads in the sand will only serve to get out butts shot off.

Have a great day and I look forwrd to clarification on your third paragraph. I would like to see how you tie deleting three zeros in with the exchange rate and the resultant change in purchasing power of Iraq. I feel that diminishing the purchasing power of Iraq is a step backwards. Regardless of the effect on it's potential.

Well you are right. 250 of the new 100 notes or a 25,000 note is the same amount in circulation and my point is the 27 trillion in circulation is excatly what they are about to deal with with this redenomination. It clearly states in numerous articles and Shabs even said himself that that the tens of trillions in circulation are unfounded and where clearly a result of hyperinflation due to sanctions and war and over printing and Sadam and all these things that were out of the CBIs control. Now you are telling me they are going to leave 27 trillion in circulation but with lower denoms instead of 000 notes. Haha. Hope they have had them printing machines smoking because they will need trillions of new lower denoms. I think we can both agree that isn't the case.

When I said there would be no change in the value what I meant is in relation to the USD. Right now a 25,000 IQD is worth 25 USD and a new 25 denom will be worth 25 USD as well as the 25,000 note will be worth 25 USD. Now tell me, where is the change in value?

Back to the toaster. OK, some are saying that they will exchange the 000 notes for lower denoms with out removing 000 from the bills ie. making our 25,000 notes a 25 note. (By the way that is what we are being told in the articles they are going to do.) Anyway if this is the case then prices will not be effected either. If they don't remove them from the currency then they won't remove them from prices so that toaster would still cost 25,000 dinar and they would have to use lower denoms to buy it. What I am saying as well as the CBI and all the articles is that they will remove the zeros from the currency making our 25,000 notes 25 and the 27 trillion in circulation 25 billion and that toaster 25 instead of 25,000. A redenomination affects everything including prices. Right now that toaster is worth 25 USD but it takes 25,000 dinar to buy it. After redenomination it will take 25 dinar to buy it which is worth the same as the old 25,000 note. Thats how it works and that is what we are being told and that is reality.

You say that it would be a step backwards but I fail to see how. It really wouldn't be a step anywhere because nothing would change. The only step it would be is in the right direction. Afterwards the value of the IQD can go up and purchasing power of Iraqis improved.

You also ask to get my take on removal of zeros and the exchange rate. Well the articles clearly state that the removal of the three zeros will not effect the exchange rate. Well how can that be you ask. The exchange rate is what one currency can be exchanged for another. Again right now the 25,000 note can be exchanged for 25 USD. After the zeros are removed the same 25,000 note as well as the new 25 note can be exchanged for 25 USD. As you can see. No effect on the exchange rate.

So really in the end there is no diminishing of purchasing power just a nuetral exchange of value.

Edited by dinarck
  • Upvote 1

Okay everyone has a perspective on this and here's mine. We all know the RV is in their control and in their own time. They are not going to ask their citizens to exchange all their 25k notes they will just get back the lower notes through purchasing goods and services that's how they will bring in the large notes. The large notes will be aloud to coexist in country and out. When they are satisfied that most of the large notes have been brought in especially in country they will revalue the IQD where the large and lower notes coexisting will be revalued to reflect the natural resources, their value as country that is equal and in many respects greater than their Arab neighbors.

• Upvote 1

Well you are right. 250 of the new 100 notes or a 25,000 note is the same amount in circulation and my point is the 27 trillion in circulation is excatly what they are about to deal with with this redenomination. It clearly states in numerous articles and Shabs even said himself that that the tens of trillions in circulation are unfounded and where clearly a result of hyperinflation due to sanctions and war and over printing and Sadam and all these things that were out of the CBIs control. Now you are telling me they are going to leave 27 trillion in circulation but with lower denoms instead of 000 notes. Haha. Hope they have had them printing machines smoking because they will need trillions of new lower denoms. I think we can both agree that isn't the case.

When I said there would be no change in the value what I meant is in relation to the USD. Right now a 25,000 IQD is worth 25 USD and a new 25 denom will be worth 25 USD as well as the 25,000 note will be worth 25 USD. Now tell me, where is the change in value?

Back to the toaster. OK, some are saying that they will exchange the 000 notes for lower denoms with out removing 000 from the bills ie. making our 25,000 notes a 25 note. (By the way that is what we are being told in the articles they are going to do.) Anyway if this is the case then prices will not be effected either. If they don't remove them from the currency then they won't remove them from prices so that toaster would still cost 25,000 dinar and they would have to use lower denoms to buy it. What I am saying as well as the CBI and all the articles is that they will remove the zeros from the currency making our 25,000 notes 25 and the 27 trillion in circulation 25 billion and that toaster 25 instead of 25,000. A redenomination affects everything including prices. Right now that toaster is worth 25 USD but it takes 25,000 dinar to buy it. After redenomination it will take 25 dinar to buy it which is worth the same as the old 25,000 note. Thats how it works and that is what we are being told and that is reality.

You say that it would be a step backwards but I fail to see how. It really wouldn't be a step anywhere because nothing would change. The only step it would be is in the right direction. Afterwards the value of the IQD can go up and purchasing power of Iraqis improved.

You also ask to get my take on removal of zeros and the exchange rate. Well the articles clearly state that the removal of the three zeros will not effect the exchange rate. Well how can that be you ask. The exchange rate is what one currency can be exchanged for another. Again right now the 25,000 note can be exchanged for 25 USD. After the zeros are removed the same 25,000 note as well as the new 25 note can be exchanged for 25 USD. As you can see. No effect on the exchange rate.

So really in the end there is no diminishing of purchasing power just a nuetral exchange of value.

Can't argue this one either. It even says in articles that the notes will not lose exchange rate. 25k note now is 25 dollars. With 3 zeroes removed it still is 25k dollars. Makes sense to me even though I was hoping to go on vacation and party hard once this "rv's".

An oversight maybe.....

Actually, that is incorrect. The exchange rate will need to be adjusted to 1:1 for that to be true, the rate change would be critical. Otherwise you would still be stuck with a $25 toaster costing 25k IQD (at the 1000:1 IQD/USD rate on an imported toaster) and you would pay for it in 1000 25 IQD notes.

Ok guys, let some of the LOP folks answer this then. If you are correct and the "3 zero notes" lose their zeros in a LOP and a 25k=25IQD, then:

1. If a time limit is placed on the conversion, What mechanism of exchange will the CBI put in place for foreign investors to convert their notes to the new notes in the US?

2. How will the Federal government or your local banking system facilitate this action?

3. If no time limit is specified, How will exchange be facilitated by the Fed or your local banking system at the PROPER value other than at face?

4. Has anyone heard of any intel in the line of the above 3 questions?

5. Do you REALLY think the Fed, IMF, WTO (who are all controlling this process), and every major corporation and Government on this planet who bought into this investment by the hundreds of millions or billions will actually let them get away with a purely lateral move?

Bush said the war would pay for itself and the Paris Club accords and IMF along with the Fed Gubment are dictating the terms. I personally don't see the Federal Govt giving up all that potential tax revenue.

JMO

1. I am personally hoping that banks will simply recongize the 25,000 note as simply worth 25USD. That is if they recognize the IQD at all.

2. See 1 above.

3. See 1 and 2 above.

4. No. Right now the hype of cashing out millions is still prevelant. After RD (if it goes through) we will know more.

5. I beleive that all these groups have know from the beggining that Iraq would have to RD. As a matter of fact one of these recent articles said that the plan to RD has been helped along with the IMF overseeing.

Bush probably meant decades of sweetheart oil deals and access to their oil fields. Pumpers and gurus love to use that line to sell dinar.

An oversight maybe.....

Actually, that is incorrect. The exchange rate will need to be adjusted to 1:1 for that to be true, the rate change would be critical. Otherwise you would still be stuck with a $25 toaster costing 25k IQD (at the 1000:1 IQD/USD rate on an imported toaster) and you would pay for it in 1000 25 IQD notes.

You are correct and that is what they are saying they are going to do. I was just using 25,000 to 25 for simplicity.

Calm down im making comments about Dinar not your mother.

I am calm dude. Your method of trying to control people doesn't work when used on someone with a brain.

Your comments are made to cause harm, not good. Let people dream. If it doesn't pan out, oh well you were right. Until then just chill please!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am calm dude. Your method of trying to control people doesn't work when used on someone with a brain.

Your comments are made to cause harm, not good. Let people dream. If it doesn't pan out, oh well you were right. Until then just chill please!!!

Cause harm? My posts are more constructive than any of your posts in this thread. You are clearly against a LOP and don't take the idea into consideration one bit. Look at some of the eldars here, they are still scratching their head wondering what is going to happen after this news.

Nobody knows, not even you. If I wanted to cause harm I would be going to the rumors section and acting my agenda out there. I simply think that we have to consider all possibilities. After all that's what you do when you invest.

Ya hear that everyone you don't have brains. This guy does though!

Edited by Solarcloud
  • Upvote 2

You know I figured out a long time ago that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I have never let it hold me back from trying to figure things out on my own. I have always agreed with Keep that a LOP was not only possible but more then likely. I just tried to not constantly beat the drum about it cause its better for everyone not to be negative. I like the "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" out look on this. But after reading a lot of whats coming out of Iraq I am seiriously starting to believe otherwise. Sometimes I will read it 3-4 times and I am beginning to think they are not talking about lopping at all. They keep referring to when the ZERO`S were added. and now that things are starting to shape up they need to remove the zero`s from there money. They have a really weird language that we don't understand that well when you translate it back to English. I have not seen a computer translator yet that actually does it right. They are going to raise the zero`s off the exchange rate where under the sanctions placed against them they were first added. I was wrong and so is Keep . But if you read it over and over it makes sense. all they are saying is they are going to raise the zero`s off the exchange rate and then make it even with the dollar. Just my opinion but you watch. it`s going to start at a buck and slowly go up from there.

• Upvote 4

You know I figured out a long time ago that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I have never let it hold me back from trying to figure things out on my own. I have always agreed with Keep that a LOP was not only possible but more then likely. I just tried to not constantly beat the drum about it cause its better for everyone not to be negative. I like the "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" out look on this. But after reading a lot of whats coming out of Iraq I am seiriously starting to believe otherwise. Sometimes I will read it 3-4 times and I am beginning to think they are not talking about lopping at all. They keep referring to when the ZERO`S were added. and now that things are starting to shape up they need to remove the zero`s from there money. They have a really weird language that we don't understand that well when you translate it back to English. I have not seen a computer translator yet that actually does it right. They are going to raise the zero`s off the exchange rate where under the sanctions placed against them they were first added. I was wrong and so is Keep . But if you read it over and over it makes sense. all they are saying is they are going to raise the zero`s off the exchange rate and then make it even with the dollar. Just my opinion but you watch. it`s going to start at a buck and slowly go up from there.

Sounds pretty logical to me. Hope you are right!!!! :)

• Downvote 1

5. I beleive that all these groups have know from the beggining that Iraq would have to RD. As a matter of fact one of these recent articles said that the plan to RD has been helped along with the IMF overseeing.

Bush probably meant decades of sweetheart oil deals and access to their oil fields. Pumpers and gurus love to use that line to sell dinar.

As for pumpers info, don't let my post numbers lull you into thinking newbie. :) Been in this gig since literally "Day 2" at the street changers in Baghdad and I'm a Forex and commodities trader as well. But I'm one of the original hard-line skeptics. But some of these pumpers are more right than they think, and some are WAY out in left field! I think you would be surprised at what goes on behind the scenes.

A lot of it is not a matter of what Iraq wants or needs but what they are allowed to do to gain certain concessions and status. I think Marcus Curtis is closest to right than any speculator.

"And that's all I have to say about that."

Forrest Gump

:)

Something you said made me think of something.

The articles that are coming out say that three zeros were "added" to circulation when the economy was faltering and inflation was rampant. Adding zeros meant the addition of large notes (25K, 10K, etc) in to circulation.

Now, that being the case, why would anyone interpret "removing" three zeros to mean anything other than the exact opposite of what they meant by adding three zeros? It's the removal of the large notes!

• Upvote 9

If they are going to straight up RV at a buck, why the hell would the goverment tell us they are going to RV. Would't that plainly cause some serious shifts in foreign currency to dinar and crazy investment opportunity. I'm more of the opinion that these articles are talking about a redomination. Whether or not its misinformation to quell speculation remains to be seen. I just hope this ends soon. So tired of the debate. No one knows whats going to happen. But It think its important that every investor here knows every scenario and how it could play out instead of not accepting the LOP talk.

The articles that are coming out say that three zeros were "added" to circulation when the economy was faltering and inflation was rampant. Adding zeros meant the addition of large notes (25K, 10K, etc) in to circulation.

Now, that being the case, why would anyone interpret "removing" three zeros to mean anything other than the exact opposite of what they meant by adding three zeros? It's the removal of the large notes!

Zab thank God you make sense all the time!! You have become my prozac :D:o

• Upvote 2

Having mulled this over this afternoon and now with the assistance of a few beers, I've come the the conclusion that the second article clearly says no lop and then lop later. The puzzling question is why would they even bother issuing lower denominations along with a higher denominated bill worth the equivalent of $100? How small is the smallest transaction in Iraq? They have a 50 dinar worth around .04 US. They would only need one addition to the currency and that would be a 12.5 bill worth a penny at .00086 and call the 50 a nickle. Another thought is why not just raise the exchange rate so that the 25K is worth around $100 add a couple of lower denominations for pocket change and call it a day if they don't plan on redenominating soon? One thing I am convinced of though, is that nobody will ever convert their dinar for anywhere near $3+. IMO, our best opportunity is with the short term move. Once they do the long term play, the large bill will be redenominated and made the equivalent of the smaller currency until spent or traded. This, of course, depends on whether the article has any truth to it at all. Some'in don't be right!! Back to the beer.

thats what i have been saying all along they are getting rid of the three zeroes notes by removing them from circulation than after that they will more than likely redenom after the lower denoms have been distributed as well it will give us time to deem them as legal tender to where ever we cash in everyone wins i don't see it either how people misinterpret as a straight redenom and them coming right out the gate doing a redenom can i agrue they will never redenom answer is NO!! but i believe they will not do it right out the gate no way.

If they are going to straight up RV at a buck, why the hell would the goverment tell us they are going to RV. Would't that plainly cause some serious shifts in foreign currency to dinar and crazy investment opportunity. I'm more of the opinion that these articles are talking about a redomination. Whether or not its misinformation to quell speculation remains to be seen. I just hope this ends soon. So tired of the debate. No one knows whats going to happen. But It think its important that every investor here knows every scenario and how it could play out instead of not accepting the LOP talk.

basically the plan is laid out but you see weve already bought the dinar and well only aboiut 1-2% of the world i would assume own dinar why would we even matter. That country is gonna be a gold mine and many know it Iraq is going to be raking in billions of dollars.

zaborniake,

I agree with this cute little M&M guy laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

thats what i have been saying all along they are getting rid of the three zeroes notes by removing them from circulation than after that they will more than likely redenom after the lower denoms have been distributed as well it will give us time to deem them as legal tender to where ever we cash in everyone wins i don't see it either how people misinterpret as a straight redenom and them coming right out the gate doing a redenom can i agrue they will never redenom answer is NO!! but i believe they will not do it right out the gate no way.

basically the plan is laid out but you see weve already bought the dinar and well only aboiut 1-2% of the world i would assume own dinar why would we even matter. That country is gonna be a gold mine and many know it Iraq is going to be raking in billions of dollars.

Also, IMO, these articles about lopping the zeros probably do scare a lot of people into selling their dinar and they probably discourage a lot of people from getting into the investment in the first place.

Pardon me if this has already been stated and definitely eXXXUUUSSSEEE me if I read the original

post wrong.

I think if we put this in the perspective of an Iraqi we might get a clearer picture.

So,MOVING FORWARD... could it be that the 3 zero's will be lifted meaning no more notes with 3 zero's will be printed

and a new 25 dinar note is worth 25 dinars

and an old 25k note is worth 25k dinars although they will begin removing them from circulation as they are "cashed in".

Thik of this... If an Iraqi had 50k dinars then that's what he has. So this

Iraqi could have 50k dinar in 1 dinar notes or two 25k dinar notes etc. They are just removing the bills with the 3 zero's.

It sounds to me like they want two things; 1.make their currency into more manageable numeric capacity (lifting the zero's)

2. Increase the VALUE of the dinar which effects their country's purchasing power ( ie. 1 dinar = $1 US)

(RD) Changing the numeric capacity really doesn't do anything for the country except make them calculate purchasing items with

less zero's.

(RV) CHANGING THE VALUE let's them purchase more with less allows the Iraqi people to purchase more with their dinar. That

will change their country.

So it sounds like two things will happen RD and RV.

THINK OF THIS...It doesn't make sense to devalue a 25k note. If an Iraqi had 10,000,000 dinar for his life savings and now he

has 10,000 (with the gerneralized LOP) then there would be a revolution.

But if that same Iraqi saw his life savings number stay the same but be worth MORE ie. more purchasing power by their imports... then

all is good in the hood.

We, just so happen to have a bunch of dinar that also increase in value... so all is good in our hood.

Think we might be a major exporter to Iraq...? You betcha! Iraq has the Oil to increase their currencies value... period.

I'm kind of babbling but I believe this is crystal clear in it's basic premise.

Right/Wrong????

• Upvote 1

1.“The Central Bank has prepared all requirements needed to delete the zeroes of the Iraqi Currency”, Saleh said.

2.“The project of deleting zeroes is complete."

3.“The new currency will be printed after deleting the zeroes and will include the Kurdish language in addition to the Arabic language."

Here are the phrases that have my attention from the 1st article. Note that the 3rd line states that the new currency will be printed "after" deleting the zeroes". They will delete the zeroes first and then introduce the new bills. This at least implies that a revalue will occur before redomination is introduced. They have stated that both large and new small bills will co-exist for a time. At least we should know at the very beginning of the process what kind of revalue will be impemented.

• Upvote 2

zaborniake,

I agree with this cute little M&M guy laugh.gif

:D

Again I think alot are missing the whole point of a redenomination. If they exchange lower denoms for the 000 notes there will still be 27 trillion in circulation which defeats the whole purpose. Not to mention the massive amount of new lower denoms that would be required to make that happen. How would Iraqis deal with that volume of currency? They don't have bank accounts. Also the articles clearly state that the RD will make a 1000 note a 1 note. It doesn't get any more clear than that.

The whole notion of all this being smoke I guess could be the case but we would have to ask ourselves why. All they would have to do is visit any one of these forums to see that there are so many brainwashed people on here that it doesn't matter what they say. They could come out with an article in perfect english saying that the LOP will be next week and all the sheep would run out and buy as much dinar as they could. If in fact this is all smoke then why now? Just before the RV they want everyone to stop buying dinar? Hahaha I don't think so. They have been selling the crap out of it for years so I think that damage is done. Little too late for them to stop speculators. The whole dinar frenzy is completely out of control and if all the articles that say LOP haven't stopped it in the past then why bother now. No, I think we should take them at their word on this.

Then there is the issue of an actual RV to 1 dollar like many are claiming is about to happen. Well, someone please explain to me how that would be possible. Overnight their money supply becomes worth somewhere around 50 trillion USD? I don't really think that is gonna happen. Would be nice if it did but please someone explain how that is a possibility. How is the Iraqi making 10 million dinar a year gonna suddenly be making 10 million dinar worth 10 million USD a year? Haha. So much for that position. The class warfare that would be created in Iraq would be a 1000 times worst that here in the USA.

There are just too many things that just don't add up and I am waiting to hear how it could be but the only thing that I am hearing is what the CBI is telling me and that is WE ARE ABOUT TO LOP. Sad but true.

• Upvote 2