Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2 articles - last hour

As for me I am hoping we are going to get a straight revaluation. If my 25k notes turn into 25 I don't see much profit being made.

This interpretation of yesterday's press release is wrong. That statement about 25k dinars being 25 dinars was not in the original press release!!!

STOP YOU F'ing LOP TALK!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

I totally agree lets not do lop talk they do not have hyper inflation.

Am I misinterpreting something? I thought the adding of the 3 zeros was to reflect inflation. Now that the inflation is gone, the 3 zeroes can be removed. Justifying a RD and making our 25k notes "true value".

This interpretation of yesterday's press release is wrong. That statement about 25k dinars being 25 dinars was not in the original press release!!!

STOP YOU F'ing LOP TALK!!!!!!

Calm down, have you ever heard of the saying, "don't count your chickens before they hatch?"

Well it pertains to this investment too. If it was not in the original press release, my bad? I am reading what is presented from OP that is it.

Not sure if Kap is referring to the same articles but this adds a little (calming) perspective...

Please note: The article links in the text below are not working

Kaperoni Chat: Dinar Alert 6/23/11 (Final Chat)

June 23rd, 2011 11:19 pm · Posted in CHATS & POSTS (Iraqi Dinar Info)

http://xxxx .com/2011/06/23/kaperoni-chat-dinar-alert-62311-final-chat/

[kaperoni] Many of you know I have a great friend who I met a few years ago. He is an Arabic translator and has many times interpreted the articles and links I have sent him.

[kaperoni] His contribution to figuring out this information is simply invaluable. His insight has simply again been invaluable to us a team working to achieve the same goal. He has my full trust and I have tremendous respect for his dedication.

[kaperoni] Thank you my friend the Arabic translator!

[kaperoni] Now, in recent days there have been several articles out pertaining to the dinar. Articles that say, in essence, the preparations are done and they are ready to move ahead with the new currency of Iraq…the lower denominations.

[kaperoni] Tonight, I will share the links to these articles and provide insight from my Iraqi translator friend. His translations often pick up information that the standard translator does not such as Google, Bing. etc.

[kaperoni] Here is the first article..

[kaperoni] Central decides to restructure the Iraqi currency

[kaperoni] http://www.microsofttran ··· 47913%2F

[kaperoni] Here are my friend’s views…

[kaperoni] “This article basically states that CBI intends to release a new currency, and that this plan was agreed upon with CBI in conjunction with the IMF as part of Iraq’s plan

[kaperoni] for strategic long-term economic development and that the IMF would continue to support the Iraqi economy.”

[kaperoni] Do you see what he said?

[kaperoni] This is the plan for them to move forward as the IMF is their guidance.

[kaperoni] “The article states that the new denominations will reach up to 100 Dinars.

[kaperoni] This means that the highest bill that will be in circulation will be a 100 Dinar bill.

[kaperoni] The rate must be realistic with that note being the largest.

[kaperoni] There will be other smaller bills, but the article does not specify what they are going to be (if they will be 1, 5, 10, etc). They state that this will help with payments and purchases

[kaperoni] and make those transactions easier for people and for government transactions, such as paying for war reparations. The article also states that this is a change in tune from what was said earlier in the year, when the GOI denied that there

[kaperoni] would be any changes to the currency.”

[kaperoni] Here is the next artricle… Advisor to the Central Bank’s “by the people”: “Structuring currency” includes lifting of the zeroes and the issuance of new categories

[kaperoni] http://translate.googleu ··· 583%2B%2

[kaperoni] From my translator friend…

[kaperoni] “This one also re-states what the previous articles have said and really discusses more of the reasons for the removal of the 3 zeros and the new lower denoms, which are the same

[kaperoni] reasons that we talked about before, such as giving more purchasing power to a smaller amount of notes (instead of big bills with little purchasing power) and facilitating private and government transactions and reducing inflation and

[kaperoni] strengthening the Iraqi economy, etc. “

[kaperoni] Now here is the last one…Pay close attention to this article….Maliki’s meeting of independent bodies

[kaperoni] http://translate.google. ··· 66-.html

[kaperoni] We are going to key in on the bottom paragraphs here, as these are statements from Shabibi himself the head of the CBI….

[kaperoni] “The bottom statement, the one from Shabibi, states that there will be an upcoming change with the Dinar within the next week to no more than 10 days. He says that there

[kaperoni] will be lower denominations in the Dinar, and that he understands that people may be worried about how the new currency will work, but he says that there should be no reason for people to worry about it because it is all really simple mathematical calculations

[kaperoni] and they will quickly learn and get the hang of it. The last part to the statement is not well worded, but from what I understand it is something along the lines of they

[kaperoni] are waiting for a final vote (I assume he is talking about parliament or the council of ministers) and that all the people that were needed for the vote were not present, but they working to get it set up where everyone who needed to be

[kaperoni] present for the vote would be so they could vote and complete the last step needed.”

[kaperoni] Ok, we now have confirmation of the RV window!

[kaperoni] More from my translator friend …

[kaperoni] ” It truly sounds promising to me! As I have mentioned when we’ve talked previously, I wouldn’t be worried about the vote because CBI is independent and they have basically

[kaperoni] made up their mind that they are going to RV and they have printed all of this money obviously if they plan to do it within 7-10 days, so I don’t think they would have gone through all this trouble if they knew that there was a chance that it could

[kaperoni] be blocked or not approved. I truly believe the vote is just a “legal formality” and that CBI is going to get this done either way. “

[kaperoni] “And truly, 7-10 days is just around the corner, which would be the 30th to the beginning of July, and that is the date that we have been watching out for. “

[kaperoni] That is the end of this chat. I believe we now know the window of the RV, and it is in the month of June.

[kaperoni] Kap

kaperoni is part of the GET team. I will say no more about his validity.

These articles still sound troubling in the form of a redomination. HOWEVER I do like the words "IN THE LONGER TERM" when reffering to a redomination or LOP. Makes me think that there could still be a 90 day window for cash in before the redomination happens. All speculation of course but regardless it looks like we are very close to something happening.

• Upvote 2

OK now that we have had 30 or so post of wishful thinking on this thread it is time to bring some reality to it.

1. Lets say they do exchange lower denoms for our current 000 notes. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the redenomination? I mean the only reason they are doing it is to deal with the 27 trillion in circulation. So they would give 250 of the new 100 notes to each Iraqi turning in his 25,000 note. That would put more cash into the population and still not deal with the 27 trillion. Also they are saying it won't effect the exchange rate so they will still be paying 25,000 dinar for a toaster but now they are using smaller denoms to buy it. Sorry, don't think so.

2. This is a "in country LOP" only. Haha. Can't help but to laugh on this one. So the Iraqis get the shaft and we all get rich. Don't think any more explianation is warranted on this on.

I read some one say "how are they going to tell the Iraqi that his 25,000 note is now only worth 25? Well it is worth 25 USD now. The new lower denom 25 will be worth 25 USD so there is no change in value but did you all see what just happened there? The three zeros were removed, raised, deleted, LOPPED, whatever. This is the reality with a redenomination. Everything will be affected. All physical currency (in and out of Iraq), bank accounts, prices, wages, loans, mortages, everything.

Now lets talk about how this will destroy Iraqs economy. Haha. Guess what. It will help. After RD the value of the IQD will be able to grow. It has remained low becuase the amount of dinar in circulation would not allow a RV of any significant number. Once the trillions become billions the sky is the limit for the IQD.

I really have no problem with wishful thinking and trying to figure out how we can still become rich off this deal but the truth is what they are saying is clear and they have been warning us for years. I don't think speak no evil hear no evil will work on this one. It is what it is and our only hope is that it is voted down.

• Upvote 4

I agree with a1911handler. It doesn't say anything about RE-VALUE. Could that be coming..."yes"...but until it does....just relax....not like we can do anything about it anyway

If they re-value the new IQD to anything higher than $1.20, I would think it would be a profit (albeit small) for most if not all of us....depending on when you purchased. We would not realize the windfall profits that we are all hoping for (me too), but if we recovered our investment....isn't that better than a total loss?

:unsure:

Not sure what to think here. Translations differ at times, and everyone who reads into it seems to pull their own bias out of it. Personally I don't think they will snub the rest of the world. Granted world governments could probably exchange dinar for oil, but I have no need for unprocessed crude. I would also think that the average Iraqi who has saved a pittance his whole life would now see his money made completely worthless. If you think they have civil unrest now imagine after being told they have less than before. Just my observation, but I am a newbie here, so what the hell am I supposed to know?

They won't see a reduction of the VALUE of the money they have saved. What this means is if it took 25000 dinar to buy a Coke before the RD, it will now take 25 to buy the same Coke. The people living in country won't be affected either way other than now they have to carry a lot less cash to purchase the same products.

People seem to be upset because the information is not to our liking. If you invest in ANYTHING you have to be prepared to lose every single cent. According to all of the information that is factually present from news sources, makes it seem like there may be a redenomination before a revalue. This honestly makes the most sense. Why would you want to give speculators a chance to cash in for so many dollars. i hold a substantial amount of Dinar and entertained the idea of a straight up RV, but accepted the idea that i could actually lose money. i have an exit strategy for all of the possibilities that i can think of. Based on what these articles say there doesn't seem to be the likelyhood of any sort of 1 to 1 or .86 at current face values. After reading what has been posted, honestly ask yourself would it make more sense for them to reduce the amount of currency and bring it more in line with the world they are so desperatly trying to emulate, or commit themselves to so much debt by valuing an ungodly amount of currency on par with the dollar or euro? Especially considering the people that it affects most, the Iraqi citizen will notice no change one way or another in their current wealth (or lack thereof).

OK now that we have had 30 or so post of wishful thinking on this thread it is time to bring some reality to it.

1. Lets say they do exchange lower denoms for our current 000 notes. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the redenomination? I mean the only reason they are doing it is to deal with the 27 trillion in circulation. So they would give 250 of the new 100 notes to each Iraqi turning in his 25,000 note. That would put more cash into the population and still not deal with the 27 trillion. Also they are saying it won't effect the exchange rate so they will still be paying 25,000 dinar for a toaster but now they are using smaller denoms to buy it. Sorry, don't think so.

2. This is a "in country LOP" only. Haha. Can't help but to laugh on this one. So the Iraqis get the shaft and we all get rich. Don't think any more explianation is warranted on this on.

I read some one say "how are they going to tell the Iraqi that his 25,000 note is now only worth 25? Well it is worth 25 USD now. The new lower denom 25 will be worth 25 USD so there is no change in value but did you all see what just happened there? The three zeros were removed, raised, deleted, LOPPED, whatever. This is the reality with a redenomination. Everything will be affected. All physical currency (in and out of Iraq), bank accounts, prices, wages, loans, mortages, everything.

Now lets talk about how this will destroy Iraqs economy. Haha. Guess what. It will help. After RD the value of the IQD will be able to grow. It has remained low becuase the amount of dinar in circulation would not allow a RV of any significant number. Once the trillions become billions the sky is the limit for the IQD.

I really have no problem with wishful thinking and trying to figure out how we can still become rich off this deal but the truth is what they are saying is clear and they have been warning us for years. I don't think speak no evil hear no evil will work on this one. It is what it is and our only hope is that it is voted down.

My thoughts exactly. Trust me it doesn't feel good coming to the realization. I in no way shape or form want a lop but all possibilities need to be put on the table. It seems as more and more info comes out, the more and more we see what really is going on. Look at forex website saying this was the plan since 2010.

long term = LOP

so why wait?

seriously, why wait on doing this. Its what I've said when i first came on this site why did they wait to do this? Because they need our participation to strengthen their foreign currency reserve? Now they have our money, we bought the heck out of it and we are a part of the reason they have a fat money supply... Now they are ready to do something.

Long term plan is redenominate? So Iraq, pass the legislation, Educate your people, set a date, and be done with it. That's what other countries did. Why this long term stuff?

and I hope Saleh is not lying about the long term plan...

Something else is going on if they introduce a 100,000 note in how they go about drawing down this money supply. I'm not exactly sure but something has to be done with the cash they have floating out there but whatever or however they do it, they need to get it done because the word is out that they are supposed to grow more than china over the next two years per IMF per Hillarious....So expectation has been set and how they get their act together with the currency being just one of a few things will affect the economy and ultimately the perception of the significant investors (not ever you or I) is crucial for the development of Iraq's private sector...and if u noticed the article today, maliki wants to cut a lot of government jobs. Its a stupid amount of people in Iraq that work for the government infact more than china's government!...Last cbi has not updated their key financials for the M1/M2 since April....

And I go by what CBI reports, I know they say things in the paper and you hear all these #s floating around the forum but honestly, provide me a source...okay? I mean seriously, gimme a break. If its obvious to you well then spell it out but don't expect me to take your word for it and don't take my word either look all of what I said up...

Lets cut the crap and get serious about this. all pumpers F*** off

• Upvote 2

A 25k dinar will always be a 25k Dinar and it is changeable for 25k 1 dinar bills so it would be impossible for a 25k note to equal a 25 note without changing the whole currency that way.

Imagine the U.S. telling us that our 100 dollar bill is equal to our ten it doesn't make sense to me....that would also make it illegal is to pick and choose a currency note to reduce in value. JMO :blink:

I sure hope there is no clause saying this can and will be done that way...that just might start another war with me....J/K :D

• Upvote 1

Here's my two cents regarding your reality check you pose:

1. It does not defeat the purpose of the redenomination. If an Iraqi citizen turns in his 25K note in for 100 250 IQD notes, It is a zero net gain or loss. It is still 25K in circulation. It WILL put more cash in the poulation in the sense that the number of bills is more, but the value of the bills has not changed. I give you a ten for two fives, we both still have ten bucks! AND the RD you are talking about, just happened! 25K bills in. Lower denoms out. That was the whole point right? Re Denominate the bills in circulation?

Buying a toaster for 25K with only small bills? The article states large bills will still be available to facilitate transactions. However, the goal is to remove the large bills, change the value of the currency to better reflect the purchasing power of the Dinar, and when all is said and done, Iraq will be on the world stage.

2. Agreed.

3. Woah. Check your math here. You state 25K will become 25. Then that 25 IQD will equal 25 USD. And then you say there is no change in value? I am a child of the 'new math generation' but even I can't get that to work out right. When the IQD=USD that was defininitely a change in value.

4. The IQD is low now. It does have the potential to go up already without needing to de value it any more.

5. You are right about the Ostrich Syndrome. Keeping our heads in the sand will only serve to get out butts shot off.

Have a great day and I look forwrd to clarification on your third paragraph. I would like to see how you tie deleting three zeros in with the exchange rate and the resultant change in purchasing power of Iraq. I feel that diminishing the purchasing power of Iraq is a step backwards. Regardless of the effect on it's potential.

• Upvote 1

" In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination is needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000 Iraqi-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note."

This leads me to believe that, when they do revalue a 25,ooo dinar note will be worth face value 25,ooo dinar..But after a time limit (In the Longer term) the 000's will be dropped or taken away and it will then be the new 25 dinar note.

Sounds that away to me as well. But who knows..

My thoughts exactly. Trust me it doesn't feel good coming to the realization. I in no way shape or form want a lop but all possibilities need to be put on the table. It seems as more and more info comes out, the more and more we see what really is going on. Look at forex website saying this was the plan since 2010.

think about what you just wrote do you honestly think they would plaster this on forex simply saying they WERE going to RV come on man think!!!! no way in hell would they give out that info Iraq's media is the biggest propaganda next to germany when hitler was in power. Only thing they can is give out mis information and if you think they havent already been doing this for years then you havent been around long enough in this investment sorry bro.

• Upvote 1

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of the bank's advisory panel, told RFI on June 23 that in the short term, larger banknote denominations of the dinar will be issued to simplify major transactions.

He said that because so many Iraqis still deal mainly in cash, it is cumbersome to carry bags full of money to pay for expensive items like cars. The inconvenience leads people making such purchases -- as well as many entrepreneurs -- to use dollars for those kinds of transactions instead of dinars, something the government wants to end.

He added that large denominations equivalent to around $100 will be issued to simplify major purchases, and new coins and lower denominations will be introduced for smaller transactions.

In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination is needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000 Iraqi-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note.

I am not one to try to make something say something that I want it to say, but this almost seems contradictory to me.

In the short term, they are saying they are going to issue large denomiations AND coins and lower denominations. What would be the point of issuing the lower denominations, even short term, without the value of the dinar being raised? They stated that they will delete the zeros and then redenoninate, so why issue the 100,000?

Could it be that they are going to print the new currency, to include the lower denoninations -- 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 -- as well as the 100 and use both simultaneously for a while, and that's why they say the 25,000 "will be dropped," meaning pulled out of circulation eventually? Coud it be that the plan is to get the Iraquis used to the money and then RV after the larger notes are pulled? It seems they wouldn't need to redenoninate if they are already printing lower denoninations.

I know there are holes in my opinion, but I'm not schooled enough on the financial side to understand how they can print more money anyway, as they are saying, without pulling the three zeros out of circulation.

I know this has all been brought up before. I guess I just have more questions than an opinion on this. To me, these specific articles seem to be saying something entirely different.

Kim

Ok guys, let some of the LOP folks answer this then. If you are correct and the "3 zero notes" lose their zeros in a LOP and a 25k=25IQD, then:

1. If a time limit is placed on the conversion, What mechanism of exchange will the CBI put in place for foreign investors to convert their notes to the new notes in the US?

2. How will the Federal government or your local banking system facilitate this action?

3. If no time limit is specified, How will exchange be facilitated by the Fed or your local banking system at the PROPER value other than at face?

4. Has anyone heard of any intel in the line of the above 3 questions?

5. Do you REALLY think the Fed, IMF, WTO (who are all controlling this process), and every major corporation and Government on this planet who bought into this investment by the hundreds of millions or billions will actually let them get away with a purely lateral move?

Bush said the war would pay for itself and the Paris Club accords and IMF along with the Fed Gubment are dictating the terms. I personally don't see the Federal Govt giving up all that potential tax revenue.

JMO

Edited by FishmanTx
  • Upvote 1

think about what you just wrote do you honestly think they would plaster this on forex simply saying they WERE going to RV come on man think!!!! no way in hell would they give out that info Iraq's media is the biggest propaganda next to germany when hitler was in power. Only thing they can is give out mis information and if you think they havent already been doing this for years then you havent been around long enough in this investment sorry bro.

If you can hold on to the idea that this is most likely misinformation, only time will tell. I am simply sharing my thoughts and opinion from the INFORMATION presented in this thread (isn't that what this should be about). You could tell me all the times things have been said and gone another and I still would have the same opinion because well, it is MY OPINION.

.....and the best news of all? The number of man hours that will be saved by people not having to check their dinar sites for the latest news. I, for one, get up 20 minutes early for work every morning to skim over everything, just in case I "suddenly" don't have to go to work that morning. It's been a fun ride thus far......

• Upvote 2