Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI restructuring/deletion of zeroes is 100% a LOP

truthful1

The information coming out by the cbi, guarantees a lop. If you dont know what that is, you can do some research. Im not trying to change peoples minds, but the most recent comments CONFIRM A LOP.

*****************Central Banks dont announce rv's, so dont think that's what your hearing****************************************

I think the majority of the tenured dinarvets are now seeing the truth. Dont let all the facts be spun, guru's have money to make, to make you think its a rv. Plain and simple, it's not.

Time will prove me right. I am not here to spread bad news, just my analysis. I want a rv real bad, Its just not the way its going down. Good day to all. I pray I am wrong, but im 99.9% sure Im right.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 20

haha youre 99% right??? lol well just so happens i taked with someone and they are indeed Lopping IN country!!!!!!!! our bills will still be deemed to cash in with legal tender and yes i said it with the 3 zeroes the Iraqi citizens will not due to internal issues. Also the lower denoms will be released hope that clears it up andyou hve a good day. how many times have they said in those articles LOCAL currency.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

Predomination is the proper term..not criticizing, but LOP is slang for RD. Yes, it's 'RD time'. Question is this: What will the multiplier be that Shabs uses? We WILL make money.....second and third questions are 1. How much and 2. how long before he allows it to rise to the satisfaction of his county first, then the rest of us?

REDENOMINATION.......Sri...ipad thinkin agin

• Upvote 1

Why would IRAQ lop their currency and not revalue - it makes no sense. Their currency was artifically devalued in 2004 due to the war. The IMF and Ernst & Young have already analyzed the IQD to support a RV. IMO worst case scenario is that they would lop and revalue. For example 1 million dinar would become 1 thousand dinar time the Rv rate - let's say 3.50. This means you would get a pretty good return on your investment - just not the windfall we are hoping for.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You are right....this is exactly what we didnt want....but there is still some hope, the only hope I should say is that the parliment shoots this plan down....or that once the RD is implemented they set the new value way above 1 dollar so we can make something off of it.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

You are right....this is exactly what we didnt want....but there is still some hope, the only hope I should say is that the parliment shoots this plan down....or that once the RD is implemented they set the new value way above 1 dollar so we can make something off of it.....

Im right there with you. These RD articles are hard to digest. Why people think this is great news is beyond me.

haha youre 99% right??? lol well just so happens i taked with someone and they are indeed Lopping IN country!!!!!!!! our bills will still be deemed to cash in with legal tender and yes i said it with the 3 zeroes the Iraqi citizens will not due to internal issues. Also the lower denoms will be released hope that clears it up andyou hve a good day. how many times have they said in those articles LOCAL

So your saying the bills in iraq will only be effected by the LOP. How does that make any sense. If I was an iraqi and I heard about this I would literally riot in the streets. How is it fair that the rest of the world benefits from the RV and they don't. Your singing a very different tune today easy, yesterday you were pretty adamant about the LOP not even being a possibility. Face it , you know nothing more than any of us here. And that's not debatable. I appreciate you bringing over news and stuff from other sites, But come on man you've been here longer than I have and I've seen through the daily B.S and weekly guru fabrications a long time ago. There's a difference between being positive about an investment and burying your head in the sand.

with that said I hope you and your "someone" is correct because I would like to retire young lol.

• Upvote 1

haha youre 99% right??? lol well just so happens i taked with someone and they are indeed Lopping IN country!!!!!!!! our bills will still be deemed to cash in with legal tender and yes i said it with the 3 zeroes the Iraqi citizens will not due to internal issues. Also the lower denoms will be released hope that clears it up andyou hve a good day. how many times have they said in those articles LOCAL currency.

The Iraqi Dinar is for use in country only. Governments will be ok. But dont neccesarily believe they have to accept our speculative monies. They dont have too. Banks only offered

this as a service for people traveling to Iraq. They never sold it with the intentions of speculation. Its written right in the cbi law. I find problems in just assuming everything is just

perfect, yet.

Edited by truthful1

So your saying the bills in iraq will only be effected by the LOP. How does that make any sense. If I was an iraqi and I heard about this I would literally riot in the streets. How is it fair that the rest of the world benefits from the RV and they don't. Your singing a very different tune today easy, yesterday you were pretty adamant about the LOP not even being a possibility. Face it , you know nothing more than any of us here. And that's not debatable. I appreciate you bringing over news and stuff from other sites, But come on man you've been here longer than I have and I've seen through the daily B.S and weekly guru fabrications a long time ago. There's a difference between being positive about an investment and burying your head in the sand.

with that said I hope you and your "someone" is correct because I would like to retire young lol.

I'ts what was explained to me and this scenario has been explained to me by a few people i know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'ts what was explained to me and this scenario has been explained to me by a few people i know.

Im hoping your right. I'll ride this out on some of your energy, because you seem to be confident. It's just when I look at it, its pretty straight forward.

Advisor to the Central Bank's "by the people": "Structuring currency" includes lifting of the zeroes and the issuance of new categories

Thursday June 23, 2011

BAGHDAD - Ali Abdul-Zahra:

Confirmed the Iraqi Central Bank Consultant Dr.. Appearance for the project of restructuring the local currency will include the process of lifting the zeros from the currency and the issuance of large groups and a new small, noting that it will support the currency in terms of "transaction costs", stressing that the project will be implemented in a strategic and several stages.

Saleh said in an interview with "by the people" yesterday, said the worsening economic situation and rampant inflation, which hit the country, added zeros to the currency, and I've made these structural weak content of the value of it, pointing out that the citizen uses the categories of high-volume but low-content values.

"The restructuring of the currency" will raise zeros from the currency and the issuance of large and small groups of new ones, will contribute to support the currency in terms of "transaction costs", adding that it does not affect the citizens' income, nor to contracts or anything else.

And the Chancellor that with global economic growth and increase the country's oil exports would lead to higher imports of cash, the current form of currency does not suit the new phase.

Saleh pointed out that the proposed restructuring of the currency is a strategic project, and "needs to support the government and the parliament and the people," pointing out that preceded the project awareness campaign including the citizens, "because the dinar is for all Iraqis, but not limited to a particular class," saying, "We are going to do when matures and people embrace it. "

He said the project will facilitate commercial exchanges and the citizen will not have time to switch the currency to do so, stressing the goal of the project is to raise the burden on the citizen, and make it prosperous.

"The restructuring of the currency" will raise zeros from the currency and the issuance of large and small groups of new ones, will contribute to support the currency in terms of "transaction costs", adding that it does not affect the citizens' income, nor to contracts or anything else.

And the Chancellor that with global economic growth and increase the country's oil exports would lead to higher imports of cash, the current form of currency does not suit the new phase."

I respectfully disagree. The "transaction costs" I read to mean the use of currency in the street, for the little guy. Adding that it does not affect income or contracts tells me that it is NOT a LOP, because he goes on to say that it will increase imports of cash. The current form of currency is then stated (I deduce) to not suit the new phase (RV), meaning that 25K of dinar would not be a practical bill for public use (if, say, it were worth a U.S. dollar, for instance).

I think this is good news! Even at a dime RV, a 10K or 25K note wouldn't be used by the "citizen", who he was using in his example.

How can it be a LOP, when there will be an increase of cash imports? Meaning that the currency will bring in more cash (exchanging) in importing (either purchase of goods or currency exchanging).

Anyway, just my take on it.

• Upvote 4

I hope your right EZ.....what your saying makes sense!!

Advisor to the Central Bank's "by the people": "Structuring currency" includes lifting of the zeroes and the issuance of new categories

Thursday June 23, 2011

BAGHDAD - Ali Abdul-Zahra:

Confirmed the Iraqi Central Bank Consultant Dr.. Appearance for the project of restructuring the local currency will include the process of lifting the zeros from the currency and the issuance of large groups and a new small, noting that it will support the currency in terms of "transaction costs", stressing that the project will be implemented in a strategic and several stages.

Saleh said in an interview with "by the people" yesterday, said the worsening economic situation and rampant inflation, which hit the country, added zeros to the currency, and I've made these structural weak content of the value of it, pointing out that the citizen uses the categories of high-volume but low-content values.

And the Chancellor that with global economic growth and increase the country's oil exports would lead to higher imports of cash, the current form of currency does not suit the new phase.

Saleh pointed out that the proposed restructuring of the currency is a strategic project, and "needs to support the government and the parliament and the people," pointing out that preceded the project awareness campaign including the citizens, "because the dinar is for all Iraqis, but not limited to a particular class," saying, "We are going to do when matures and people embrace it. "

He said the project will facilitate commercial exchanges and the citizen will not have time to switch the currency to do so, stressing the goal of the project is to raise the burden on the citizen, and make it prosperous.

And the Chancellor that with global economic growth and increase the country's oil exports would lead to higher imports of cash, the current form of currency does not suit the new phase."

I respectfully disagree. The "transaction costs" I read to mean the use of currency in the street, for the little guy. Adding that it does not affect income or contracts tells me that it is NOT a LOP, because he goes on to say that it will increase imports of cash. The current form of currency is then stated (I deduce) to not suit the new phase (RV), meaning that 25K of dinar would not be a practical bill for public use (if, say, it were worth a U.S. dollar, for instance).

I think this is good news! Even at a dime RV, a 10K or 25K note wouldn't be used by the "citizen", who he was using in his example.

How can it be a LOP, when there will be an increase of cash imports? Meaning that the currency will bring in more cash (exchanging) in importing (either purchase of goods or currency exchanging).

Anyway, just my take on it.

Based on what you placed in bold it doesn't sound good. I posted something earlier asking if there is a possiblilty of an RD in country that would not affect investors outside. Based on the initial aspects of this claim I would be right, it would not affect transactions or "on the street" purchasing power or income. However, it goes on to mention contracts and that inflow of cash would be because what they have is worth more for trade.

The Iraqi Dinar is for use in country only. Governments will be ok. But dont neccesarily believe they have to accept our speculative monies. They dont have too. Banks only offered

this as a service for people traveling to Iraq. They never sold it with the intentions of speculation. Its written right in the cbi law. I find problems in just assuming everything is just

perfect, yet.

So ... what you're saying is that, every OTHER currency exchange for profit on the planet is legal and fine and good ... but the IQD isn't?

People have been making boatloads of money on foreign exchange transfers for decades, and I fail to see how this currency should be singled out.

Not only that, but OF COURSE the IQD is for use in country only! So is the Japanese yen and the Swiss franc - I can't use the yen to buy milk at the store in Ireland, or the franc to get a gallon of gasoline in Zimbabwe. Currencies are rarely used outside of their native country, so to me, that argument doesn't hold water. Exceptions are in bordering countries like, for example, the US and Canada. Close to the border, they do accept USD in Canada, but the further you get from the border, the more they would rather you used Canadian money.

How about this take? I've posted it elsewhere, and I'm curious to see your opinion. This comes in two parts:

First, I'm going to give you a hypothetical which is unlikely to happen, but the outcome is still valid if it were to happen to you today.

Imagine that, by some miracle, you happen upon a $1,000 USD American bill. Doesn't matter how ... ok, let's say you find it on the street (like I said ... by some miracle.) Right now, you wouldn't be able to spend it as such, because those $1,000 bills have been taken out of circulation. You can't go to the market and ask, "Can you break this?" No, not so much. Even if you wanted to buy something for $999, they would still look at you funny because they'd think it's fake!

Now ... having said that, if you take that $1,000 bill to your bank, your bank would, in fact, break it, and give you ten $100 bills, or 100 $10 dollar bills, or any other permutation that bring you to your $1,000. You would STILL HAVE the thousand dollars ... just not THE BILL, because the $1,000 bills have been lifted from circulation ... which is another word for saying 'raised,' which brings me neatly to the second thing ...

It's all in the translation from Arabic to English. The people who translate the posts into English, by and large, use euphemisms, analogies and other words for saying common words like 'REMOVE,' or 'take away'. English is not their first language. ARABIC is ... which is why we keep seeing that they're going to lift, or raise the three zero currency. They are removing the large bills from circulation ... a thing that DOES NOT AFFECT the bill's VALUE!

The 'restructuring' means that the currency will be revalued. This must happen because no one single person, no business, no enterprising entity on the planet will do business with, or invest in, a country who's currency is worthless in the open market. No other scenario makes sense, and the idea of them taking the three zeroes is a lesser option to giving the IQD back it's value pre-war (which is around $3.30 against the USD if I'm not mistaken) when you factor in their economic potential.

Not only that, but if all they did was take away the zeroes, the new value of the dinar would go up by 1000 ... but the value of all large denomination dinar now in circulation would go down by 1000 ... so there is no difference in dinar that are out there now. What they'd be doing is creating a an entirely new currency, let's call it the Kilodinar ... where 1 KiloDinar = 1000 Dinar would be worth about 1 dollar. It would be worth $1.17, to be exact ... wait ... no (getting out calculator) it would be 1 / 1.17 ... which would be .86 cents, and that's where they have been getting the .86 cents figure from as a possible RV rate.

The defense rests.

GO RV !!!!

• Upvote 7

Maybe I'm dense, but this article states they've completed the lifting of the three zeros are are bringing in lowers. Why would this have been a process if they were just going to remove the zeros off the currency? That doesn't take years, it takes a pen stroke.

You are absolutely INcorrect!

Right now the value of the Iraqi Dinar is $.00089 to the U.S. Dollar.

By 'raising' three zeros, they are taking out the three in front of the 89 making the RV at $.89 to 1 u.s. dollar.

so if you have 10,000 dinars, you'll walk away with $8,900. If you have 100,000 ID, you'll bet $89,000, etc.

It appears they are taking the slow route to RV. A lot of money will be cashed in at this rate which will be better for Iraq.

But the rate is expected to go up each year (or sooner) thereafter.

Sounds to me like this is still one heck of an investment!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There seems to be alot of folks here that don't really understand the terminology they are using :o

Lets do some reading :)

Redenomination: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redenomination#Redenomination

Demonitisation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonetization#Demonetisation

Revaluation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revaluation

Devaluation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devaluation

• Upvote 1

With all due respect truthful, you didn't spread your 'analysis' you just stated your own opinion.

You are correct, my apologizes. My opinion comes from the announcement of a new currency. I expected a rd. Which would hopefully be adding lower denoms to the current class. Not issuing a new currency altogether that will co-exist with the other.. The fact the currency auction is still going on. The fact dealers are still selling at regular prices, and the fact you can still find all the large notes you want, changes my opinion to believe they mean what they say.