Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THEE ZEROS RAISING FOR LOCAL ECONOMY ONLY!!!

rick11260

Thats just ridiculous....nobody WANTS it to lop....but to ignore that there is a strong possibility of it is like sticking your head in the sand. All possible outcomes should be weighed when looking at and making financial decisions IMO ;)

everyone knows what the possibilities are and nobody knows what the outcome is going to be. The conversations in here always seem to fall back into the same old topics and it has that beating a dead horse feeling. Sit and wait, that's all we can do.

• Upvote 1

Where are you getting your M2 numbers? Because, the M2 number the CBI has been reporting on its homepage website has been decreasing and the numbers dhr05b used seem to be accurate, including the "%" signs.

-

Not sure what you are looking at. I've posted this previously. Key Financials, straight from the CBI. You have to download the .xls file.

IMHO...You will be heart-broken soon along with many others.

"D"

Sad. No information and no hope. Sorry. Apparently you hold very little dinar. No, that's not correct. I should not guess what you have. But I can know what you don't have.

obviously you haven't tooken the time to do actually research the CBI has stated they plan to raise the dinar against the U.S dollar but hey whatever floats youre boat why don't you sell and be gone!.

Excellent point, why would anyone want to hang around on forums discussing their poor investment choice. If they are so good why not sell off their Dinar and invest in something that makes more and move on.

Excellent point, why would anyone want to hang around on forums discussing their poor investment choice. If they are so good why not sell off their Dinar and invest in something that makes more and move on.

I actually own quite a bit of Dinar and been in this investment since 2003.

"D"

• Downvote 2

Hi Nani? :)

Do you honestly believe that ANYONE here actually

wants to see this happen? This baffles me when I

read this kind of response to ANY discussion of what

HISTORY shows us. Iraq is NO different.

Any talk about "smoke and mirrors" has come solely from

gurus who have lied about even the historical precedence and

this has caused discord, NOT those who research and see the

most likely way for Iraq to start to improve is NOT to jump out of the

gate at a revaluation of 2 or 3$ +...they cannot accomplish this at this time

period.

You will not hear the gurus EVER admit to this my friend...why?...because

sale of IQD would basically cease...that means NO referral profits from

guru site dealers. How is it this is not understood after all these years,

that their motive has become crystal clear revealed by their very actions.

Would it be better to ignore history, just yell and scream "NO LOP" which is not

what is even being discussed...it is called redenomination and history absolutely

supports this. to the poster who stated "LOP" is used to confuse, etc., that is true.

So to try and understand and pay attention to actual historical fact, how is THAT

making anyone WANTING it? But to ignore it from an investment standpoint, is

short sighted and dangerous. We must plan for all scenarios, and only ONE will occur.

it iwll not be jumping out of the gate at 3$+ as Iraq can on no way support this, without

the steps already stated by the CBI...for years, that they will redenominate, then hopefully

revalue so we can all come out with some nice gains...but to not address this is to swallow

a lie.

Thank you rick for the post. :) But it truly does not prove a thing in regards to redenomination.

What happens to Iraqs IN country currency happens to ALL current IQD no matter where it resides.

To say this cannot happen this way, is to say what we hold of their current currency is really NOT their

currency, and we know that is plain silly. Gurus are flat out lying about this and ignoring what CBI and

Dr. Shabibi have ALREADY stated. No guru can ever deny that, and those that refuse to try and understand

this are fooling themselves. But to think anyone wants this? This thought only is stated in order to cause

yet more division, and it simply is not true.

If the truth about what history has shown is so annoying to so many, it only shows the denial that is

prevalent on all dinar sites. Let's hope for the best outcome, but we must pay attention to what CBI clearly

has stated.

All my best! :D

Jim

---

Great post Jim

Keep the up the debate folks....just keep it civil. Remember...it's JUST hypothetical at this point. Let's make sure that we don't cross the line and make personal attacks. I'm learning here...although I think a reevaluation is most likely....but what do I know?

I think this article is talking about removing the notes with 000's (1'000, 5'000, 25,000) from circulation and replacing them with lower denomination notes such as 1,5,10,20, and 100.. they already have a 50 and some coiins..when the put a higher value on there currency with those larg notes people will exchange them for the lower notes in Iraq...in other countries when they change the value we will want our own currency ..yes it affects us all a great deal and we will all gain from this change..how much ??? who knows but this was an investment opp.. not a gurantee..a lop would do them no good imo..giving small denoms with no value would upset the iraqi people so much they would burn and destroy them...should they put a value of .86- 3.86 like 90 percent of the people here think it will be valued at we all are in for a ride of emotions..

• Upvote 1

Ok, I see what you're looking at. That is M2 growth measured against the previous month's growth.

Actually, they have YoY inline with these figures. So that would be a Year over Year, meaning M2 Growth April 2010/M2 Growth April 2011?

You can compare this to our country or any other country. The Central Bank of Iraq wants to increase the purchasing power of their countries currency.

As an example but in a reverse situation since the value of our dollars purchasing power never seems to rise but just falls we will you that as an example.

As the purchasing power of our dollar goes down, we in this country see it as prices of things we purchase go up.

The rest of the world at the same time also see our dollar go down in relation to each individual countries currency.

The reverse will also occur.

When the Iraqi Dinar's purchasing power is increased, that is they will be able to purchase more products using less money.

The rest of the world will see an increase in the value of the Iraqi Dinar at the same time.

This will be compared to each countries currencies: Such as the pairing you see on Forex and other currency sites.

Everyone sees the dropping of zeros as a bad thing, as those people say Oh! my 25000 dinar will be worth the same as 25 dinar when they drop the three zeros.

This is not looking at the dropping of the 3 zeros correctly as the above example would not be increasing the buying power of the iraqi dinar but it would be reducing the buying power of the Dinar.

Dropping the 3 zeros would make the 25 dinar note worth what the 25000 dinar note is worth now.

That would increase the buying power of the Dinar buy 1000 times.

What an Iraqi citizen used to pay 25000 dinar for they could now purchase that same product for just 25 dinar.

That increase of purchasing power in country of iraq would also affect the global value of the Iraqi Dinar.

We will see that in the pairing against the Iraqi Dinar with all the other countries.

If the purchasing power of the dollar even just doubled we would see much more jump in the dollar on the global market than it just doubling.

So don't worry about the dropping of the 3 zeros. This is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

its hard to get any info out of this article as it can be interpreted 20 different ways and everybody has a different way of interpreting these said articles. however in regards to all of the lop talk, we really have to be realistic about this investment in that a lop is a possibility. of course nobody wants a lop but this is iraq and anything can happen. i have pasted a article ( yes i know another article) from dd's website that outlines all of the different scenarios that can happen with this investment. all of you people who think the only way this is going to go down is waking up stupid rich one day need to open your eyes to what else can possibly happen. once again , i want to wake up with millions and that is why i got into this but i realize there is a risk.

article taken from another site:

All,

What are the possibilities that this investment can result in? Here they are… pass it along so I don’t have to re-post a month from now… thanks!

Option #1 – You can LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY… How you ask? Here are the possibilities:

You misplace it

It gets stolen

You get duped by someone

Option #2 - You lose some percentage of your money, even up to 20-30% or more… How you ask? Here are the possibilities:

You get impatient with this investment and sell all or a portion of your investment back for a dealer or other investor for less than what you paid for it + shipping. The going rate for dealers buy-backs is around $750 – $800 per million dinar.

The dinar LOPS. This means the current value wherein the IQD is worth .000855 of $1, doesn’t change its value when the lower denomination notes come out. The three zeroes from .000855 become .855, but the value stays the same. This means you will NOT receive a gain in your investment, and you are still left with the problem of cashing it back into a dealer at their declared purchase rate, whatever it is at that moment.

Because of the LOP, you aren’t patient with your investment, and you feel you need to sell at that EXACT MOMENT versus waiting for it to go onto the world stage and gain in value. So, you sell at a loss.

In this scenario, I will probably just SIT on my investment until it eventually starts going up on the Forex, so in reality, I probably won’t lose money this way. The gains would yet to be seen.

Option #3 – You make a reasonable return on your investment, maybe turning a $3,000 investment into something like $10,000 or $12,000. It’s not a bad return on our money for a year or two to gain a 300 – 400% return on your money… How you ask? Here are the possibilities:

As in the examples about the LOP above, they LOP off the 3 zeroes initially, but then revalue the currency so that instead of keeping it at .855, they then REVALUE the currency against the USD to say $2.56 or $3.42, which would equate into a 3x or 4x return on your money, or somewhere in-between or above. The point being, they LOP the currency first, then they Revalue the currency, thus giving investors value, but not 1000x+ returns on their money.

Option #4 – You make a HUGE return on your investment, maybe turning a $3,000 investment into something like $3,000,000 or $9,000,000!… How you ask? Here are the possibilities:

The CBI, with the IMF’s approval revalues their currency against the USD from where it currently stands (.000855) to where they want it… Here are examples of the returns of they revalue it at different rates:

1:1 = $3,000,000 for 3 million dinar (est. $3,000 originally invested) – $1 rate per dinar

.5:1 = $6,000,000 for 3 million dinar (est. $3,000 originally invested) – $2.00 rate per dinar

.255:1 = $11,760,000 for 3 million Dinar (est. $3,000 originally invested) – $3.92 rate per dinar

I hope this helps everyone understand the possibilities with this investment. Just so all of you know where I stand on this, as if you didn’t already….

#1 – I’m NOT worried about #1 for myself.

#2 – I don’t believe a LOP will happen, as NONE of the classic signs of Hyper-Inflation and Massive Debt are in play with Iraq. Both signs are what Iraq and the world have been working on over the past 7 years to get resolved so that they could bring their currency back as a strong and powerful currency for the world to accept. The governments of the world haven’t forgiven Iraq’s debts without a guarantee of repayment.

#3 - I think this could be a possibility, and I’d be in denial if I didn’t consider it. I would be disappointed if #3 were to happen, but I’d move on knowing I made a decent return on my money.

#4 – I believe, and have been told by those who are far more connected and in a position to know than me, that this is indeed what will happen, despite what you are hearing from all that do their best to scream from the mountaintops that a LOP is on the way and the sky is falling. I am expecting a huge return on my investment. I believe we ARE the economic stimulus package the BUSH ADMINISTRATION put together to rebuild the US and the world’s broken economy, as this is what was shared with me by someone very involved.

This is coming, and the ride will be over soon enough. Hang on, the ride’s going to get rough, and bumpy, and crazy, and then finally…. AMAZING!

• Upvote 2

So you say its not going to happen, so that means you invested, i don't know, 1k or 2k in dinars, been checking the forums daily

Just to have a return of 1k or 2k... SMART!!!!

No, what he is saying is that we ALL got into this HOPEING for this windfall of millions. After looking at data, and information we discovered that the possibility of this making us MILLIONS was, well, ridiculous. After more study, we discovered that a RD was looking VERY likely. some did sell their dinar at that point. most got tired of hearing all these gurus spouting out BS claims of RV monday, and "BOOTS ON THE GROUND SAY xxxxx" and some of us choose to stay in the game in the hopes that after the RD we would have a RV and we could double or triple our money. now in my mind that isnt bad. We are not being negative, we are being realistic. If you want to put your head in the sand, thats fine, knock your lights out. I can understand how you dont want this dream to end, I truly do. But sooner or later you WILL wake up from this dream. Please dont be upset by what you see when you do. you still will have a chance to make money on this venture, just not the millions the pumpers lead you to believe.

• Upvote 2

Okay, I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here. While I don’t believe we will see a redenomination (notice I didn’t say “LOP”), I cannot totally eliminate it as an option, even if it’s the least likely of options. That being said, I don’t see how an RD would “destroy” Iraq’s economy as some have suggested. Most posters say the upcoming monetary change will be structured with Iraq’s best interest in mind and not for those countries and speculators holding dinar. If this is indeed the case, then why wouldn’t the following scenario be valid:

1. Iraq has 27 trillion dinar in circulation.

2. An RD (removing the three zeros) reduces the currency to 27 billion. This would put it in line what the currency in circulation when Hussein was in power at he had the dinar valued at $3+.

3. The RV (after the RD) at $3+ exchange, so they’re on the hook for around $100 billion.

4. They have about 143 BILLION barrels of oil reserves. If they sold 100 billion barrels at market value ($100 USD per barrel), then they would generate $10 TRILLION in sales.

5. So Iraq would have a $10 TRILLION surplus and still hold 43 billion barrels of oil in reserve.

6. Iraq has about 30 million citizens. The GOI could literally give each citizen $100,000 each ($3 trillion total) and still have $7 trillion in reserve.

7. They could then increase the RV to a higher rate that would encourage foreign investment.

Granted, this scenario is a stretch and is least likely to happen, but this would definitely help Iraq improve their status immediately and have a pretty bright future as well.

I know this will be debunked with what we’ve heard in the past – breitling says the US is controlling everything; hundreds of posts referring to the “secret agreement” the US has with Iraq to purchase their oil at $35/barrel; the US Treasury holding trillions of dinar waiting for the RV; Iraq will revalue their currency valued at the previous rate of $3+; etc., but I've seen no proof, just speculation.

Like I said, I don’t believe we will see a redenomination, but I won’t totally dismiss it until the RV happens.

I don't know which way to lean with the RV/RD, LOP, or whatever else could possible happen. But I can't understand how Iraq would consider it a good move to not give investors at least some return on their money. After all they are seeking massive international investment in their economy and how would they get that if they just straight up screwed over the people who even had a slight investment in the country. Only a few companies from different countries would invest in their country for oil but that's about it....and I don't see that being the mass international investment they are looking for. Plus, Hillarious Clinton and others have stated Iraq's economy is supposed to grow faster than China's in the next 2 years; how could that happen if Iraq screws over the majority of its current investors. I don't know if we'll see the $1000 USD turn into $2M USD, but it just makes sense there has to be some return on the world's investment.

But I am still hoping and optimistic for at least a $1M return..... haha

You can compare this to our country or any other country. The Central Bank of Iraq wants to increase the purchasing power of their countries currency.

As an example but in a reverse situation since the value of our dollars purchasing power never seems to rise but just falls we will you that as an example.

As the purchasing power of our dollar goes down, we in this country see it as prices of things we purchase go up.

The rest of the world at the same time also see our dollar go down in relation to each individual countries currency.

The reverse will also occur.

When the Iraqi Dinar's purchasing power is increased, that is they will be able to purchase more products using less money.

The rest of the world will see an increase in the value of the Iraqi Dinar at the same time.

This will be compared to each countries currencies: Such as the pairing you see on Forex and other currency sites.

Everyone sees the dropping of zeros as a bad thing, as those people say Oh! my 25000 dinar will be worth the same as 25 dinar when they drop the three zeros.

This is not looking at the dropping of the 3 zeros correctly as the above example would not be increasing the buying power of the iraqi dinar but it would be reducing the buying power of the Dinar.

Dropping the 3 zeros would make the 25 dinar note worth what the 25000 dinar note is worth now.

That would increase the buying power of the Dinar buy 1000 times.

What an Iraqi citizen used to pay 25000 dinar for they could now purchase that same product for just 25 dinar.

That increase of purchasing power in country of iraq would also affect the global value of the Iraqi Dinar.

We will see that in the pairing against the Iraqi Dinar with all the other countries.

If the purchasing power of the dollar even just doubled we would see much more jump in the dollar on the global market than it just doubling.

So don't worry about the dropping of the 3 zeros. This is a good thing.

I am impressed. This is my analysis, but no way would the proper words appear in my brain, let alone on the screen! WELL DONE! I'd give a plus 10 but the site will not let me :D

This article does NOT put to bed the LOP possibility......it doesn't say anything specifically! :P

That's the way I read it myself.

why do the Lopsters want it to LOP so bad?

I'd suppose they (the ones you call lopsters) do not want a LOP ... It would seem they try to be more realistic than others in that they do take in consideration ALSO this possibility...

I'm sure NOBODY would want a LOP. But that doesn't change the fact it's one of the possible scenarios.

This article does NOT put to bed the LOP possibility......it doesn't say anything specifically! :P

Sure it does where it says the government declinded to change the currency thats prof.

here is the exact quot "The Iraqi government has denied any change in the local currency this year to reduce inflation"

I think this article is talking about removing the notes with 000's (1'000, 5'000, 25,000) from circulation and replacing them with lower denomination notes such as 1,5,10,20, and 100.. they already have a 50 and some coiins..when the put a higher value on there currency with those larg notes people will exchange them for the lower notes in Iraq...in other countries when they change the value we will want our own currency ..yes it affects us all a great deal and we will all gain from this change..how much ??? who knows but this was an investment opp.. not a gurantee..a lop would do them no good imo..giving small denoms with no value would upset the iraqi people so much they would burn and destroy them...should they put a value of .86- 3.86 like 90 percent of the people here think it will be valued at we all are in for a ride of emotions..

Doing what you explained doesnt reduce the money supply which is one of the biggest issues.....if they simply replace the same amount in lower denoms you still end up with an inflated money supply.....so they would still end up with 24 trillion just in physical currency and they cannot back that up right now even with fractional banking which is something the CBI doesnt follow.....

Sure it does where it says the government declinded to change the currency thats prof.

here is the exact quot "The Iraqi government has denied any change in the local currency this year to reduce inflation"

If you go soley on that statement alone, it means they arent going to RV this year either..... one of the ways to reduce inflation is to raise the value of the currency....

Edited by keepmwlknfny

YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND READ ALL OF THE ARTICLES ON LOPS, IF IRAQ LOPS THEN THEY ARE MOVING BACKWARDS AND WOULD NOT BE A TRADEABLE CURRENCY... IRAQ WANTS TO MOVE FORWARD SO THAT IS WHY WE WILL NOT SEE A LOP... :lol::lol:

Why the insult?

I invested in 2003 and paid $640.00 per mil. I bought my Dinar in Iraq. At that time I believed I could be rich. After years of acquiring information I have come to the conclusion there will be no reval. That is my opinion.

I have already made some money on my investment.

"D"

I respect your opinion but I like thinking that you're wrong in your assumption.... Best.