Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI decides to restructure the Iraqi currency

Hi Bondlady :)

Thank you for the work that you do. I personally believe that

the person who needs to work on their attitude might be you?

Drox was not at all demeaning to you, nor did he attack you. What he

stated was true, and his response to you does in no way make him

'miserable'. What is troubling is the manner in which you completely

avoided every detail that he asked your opinion about.

I know that drox is not a 'miserable' person, and you have revealed much

by the manner in which you responded, and the attitude in which you revealed

by your childish accusation.

It would be nice if you took the time to address his questions, without the added

slap in the face at the end, which is truly both unprofessional and wrong. I think people

expect a little more from you than what you just revealed and responded with.

All my best! :)

Jim

---

i wont respond to his slurring me any more for one thing, and the other is i dont do the rates and numbers thing i anylize articles for heavens sake and i offer my opinon to them thats all....ive been in this investment for right at 7 years and for 6 years i kept all my research to myself and never talked...i never once have ever did a date nor a rate i never once intentionally lied about any thing or tried to make myself even come close to being a guru, my only crime was to try to help newbys understand iraq a little bit as no one would even give me the time of day with my questions i had in the beginning forceing me to do my own research which i do every single day for years....i dont do the numbers thing ever period..im not a guru i just read and research and try to offer my opinon as humbley as i can. you know i used to really enjoy comming here and visiting this site and intertwining with all of you because were all in this together and i hate negitivity...negitivity breeds negitivity. ill keep my comments and my thots to myself from now on and maybe haters can find a different avenue to be unhappy about....and for all of you that defended me id like to say thank you kindly and i appreciate you for doing so, have a nice day and good luck in your futures....BondLady

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Forget abt iraq for a moment please. Now answer me. Was US govt a fool to legalize Iraqi Dinar Investment? Was all the US banks(or say banks around the world) who sold the dinars were making it's customers fool saying it's a useless investment? Was Legal Exchangers like dinarbanker, dinartrade, tampadinar everyone making a mockery of US citizens and it's govt in front of the US govt??

That would be a tight slap on the face of US if this does LOP.. get this right, US/UN does not allow this to happen, and that's what I'm believing as of now. if they do anything other than an RV (even a minute RV is fine), I'm thinking the US govt (Complete Obama Administration) and it's citizens are made fool of.

Michel :)

You can buy dozens of currencies from around the world right now, not just the dinar. You have the potential of making or losing money on every single one of them. Many people have. George Soros made billions betting against the British pound sterling in the early 1990s. Others have lost fortunes. The fact that it is a legal investment has nothing to do with whether you make money. It simply provides assurance that you won't go to jail for purchasing it. People have made lots of worthless and useless investments through the years. It is not a validation or repudiation of the investment. My stockbroker would gladly sell me stock in bad companies if I wanted to buy them (he already has). Don't blame the dealers if this investment turns out bad. They are simply providing a product that you made the decision to buy. If there is demand for a product, somebody will find a way to provide it, regardless of whether it is a good or bad purchase. You are delusional if you think the US/UN won't allow a redenomination to happen. It is not their decision to make. Iraq is an independent, sovereign nation. They will do what is in THEIR best interest, not yours. The US cannot and will not do anything about it. If people weren't so blinded by the emotion of making millions on this investment, they would realize that a redenomination is what Iraq has been saying it is going to do for a long, long time. But you can't break through the wall of irrationality when people get so emotional about something.

WOW. Just got a break and logged on. Interesting perspectives. I have always believed, and still do, that there will be an RV AND L. Dinar RVs low, say .80, Window to cash in or trade in 1 for 1 large denoms or they become worthless, then RV again to its true value... whatever that may be. Probably oversimplifying, but I think it will resemble this. PS BondLady Rocks!!!

Sure does sound good. The top people on this site have stated that right before this thing happens there will be lots of rumors and discussion and misguided info. It sure looks like people are taking a good hard look into every article. I still feel optimistic about getting a good return and until I'm told that my 25k dinar notes are still worth $25 after they RV, I'll keep hoping and praying this thing comes through big for us all!

i wont respond to his slurring me any more for one thing, and the other is i dont do the rates and numbers thing i anylize articles for heavens sake and i offer my opinon to them thats all....ive been in this investment for right at 7 years and for 6 years i kept all my research to myself and never talked...i never once have ever did a date nor a rate i never once intentionally lied about any thing or tried to make myself even come close to being a guru, my only crime was to try to help newbys understand iraq a little bit as no one would even give me the time of day with my questions i had in the beginning forceing me to do my own research which i do every single day for years....i dont do the numbers thing ever period..im not a guru i just read and research and try to offer my opinon as humbley as i can. you know i used to really enjoy comming here and visiting this site and intertwining with all of you because were all in this together and i hate negitivity...negitivity breeds negitivity. ill keep my comments and my thots to myself from now on and maybe haters can find a different avenue to be unhappy about....and for all of you that defended me id like to say thank you kindly and i appreciate you for doing so, have a nice day and good luck in your futures....BondLady

Hi BondLady, nice to meet you. As Drox and Jim's perspectives are both enjoyed, so is yours. Very few will agree in this ride and there can only be one outcome that hopefully one day will present itself. I do hope that you continue to share your opinions and perspectives as there are many that enjoy and look forward to them. As we do Jim's, Drox, Keep's, Adam...........and many many others

• Upvote 2

wow your not putting me down huh lol thats cool man why dont u JUST NOT read my posts i think i had said i had thot it was close to a trillon in the dfi funds but i had NO proof to that i didnt state it as fact as your acting like i did and thats cool and scooter came in an showed me some documents stating a closly amount to the dfi funds as much as were privy too and i did apoligise also if i was misleading...in the future why dont ya just save urself some hate and stress and dont read me, be sure and only see the 1 wrong thing instead of the 1000 right things as u percieve them..... thx...BondLady

Please get off your high horse. He wasnt putting you down just saying you were wrong. There is nothing wrong with that. It seems that youre getting defensive because you know he is right.

• Upvote 1

It seems to me, if the 3 zeros are lifted from the IQD, then .00086 to 1 USD would change to .86 to 1 USD. If an Iraqi was being paid 234,000,000 IQD a year ($20,000 USD) before RV, then post RV he would be paid 23,400 IQD to equal $20,000 USD (or something similar). Today, both currencies are used, but because of the "fixed rate" of the Dinar, it takes a thousand times more Dinar to buy what a Dollar costs. (Hence, the 5,000 and 10,000 and 25,000 Dinar notes, instead of 1 Dinar, 5 Dinar, 10 Dinar, 20 Dinar, 50 Dinar and 100 Dinar. Even 1,000 Dinar were not needed with an abundance of 1 Dollar bills...)

Isn't that how the IQD would adjust relative to the USD? If 3 zeros are being lifted, or the 1,000 to 1 exchange is being changed to essentially 1 to 1, then employment contracts in IQD would be adjusted to reflect the new parity with USD.

Why couldn't large IQD in circulation co-exist for time as they get exchanged for smaller denoms? With the value of the IQD now equal with USD, it means you can use a 1 Dinar or a 1 Dollar note. The price of bread would not stay at 2300 Dinar, because then it would also cost 2300 Dollars. The Dinar would change relative to the Dollar, not vice versa. After an official RV, then Dinar in country could converted for Dollars according to the official exchange rate. All the Finance ministry has to do is broadcast the their national currency is now worth the same or MORE than the USD, the currency of their America conqueror. The proud Iraqi who wants all American gone, will gladly conduct business in Dinar exclusively, and charge a premium for Dollars if possible. Does that make sense?

You cannot simply lop the value off a 5,000 Dinar without also lopping the value of a 100 Dinar note. If you did, the 100 Dinar note would be worth a fraction of a penny. Does that make sense?

What does make sense is to change over to new value of currency, and therefor make the lower denoms worth something, and you only do that by making the large denoms worth much, much more. That requires exchanging for small denoms, and phases out the need to use USD 1, 5, 10, 20 and 100 notes. By making Dinar worth slightly more, there is no benefit to exhanging to USD unless traveling out of country.

I also can see that after an RV making the Dinar equal to the Dollar, lowering the amount of Dinar necessary to buy products by a factor of about 1,000 to 1, the CBI could then turn around and increase the value of the Dinar by tripling the value relative to the Dollar....making it 3.60 Dinar to 1 Dollar. That would then give Iraqi's 3 times the buying power of before, so then if they were being paid only 23,400 Dinar a year, it would then be equivalent to $60-70,000 USD.

Now that would make even those poor Iraqi much happier, putting them way ahead of inflation!

This is just my humble opinion, I am not a college graduate, but I adhere to the KISS philosopy of life.

God Bless America,,,,America, Bless God!

• Upvote 2

drox and jimcort where are your links or proof of your analysis! This is a speculative investment and disrespecting someone who shares her research so freely out of her generosity is rude and uncalled for. Your egos have run off the best researchers that share without fees and bring more to the table than anyone on this site! The rudeness of some is ruining this site for all of us. :angry:

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

BL, I am sorry you had to put up with bitter people. I hate seeing the good get chased away from people and their constant negativity. I valued your input, and I look forward to continue seeing your chats posted around the IQD-world.

With that said, I have decided effectively immediately, I will be going into "Lurker-Mode" only on DV indefinitely. With the exclusion of the chat, where I may make random appearances hoping to discuss positively about the IQD. - I find I would rather read than discuss for the most part as I will cover more ground this way.

The debates & forum discussions have been fun and educational, but at this point, many seem to be too upset to try to talk to.

Sorry

• Upvote 3

TOTALLY CONFUSED! Can't bring myself to understand how a R/D will benefit Iraq. Drop the zeros on notes and exchange rate, nothing changes. Who would want a new paper note worth 1/10th of a penny? Then we get into revaluing "cokes and bread"....... I give up. I appreciate everyone's input and opinion and try to reason what will work best for the country in question. Can't imagine Iraqi's decision makers give people invested as we are a second thought. Lets put it all in one big bag,shake it up and call it as it falls out until we know for sure. A great day to Everyone

PEOPLE PEOPLE...THE UNITED STATES IN ONE OF THE LARGEST HOLDERS OF IRAQI DINAR.

THEY HAVE NEGOTIATED PETRO DINAR FOR OIL IN THEIR PROGRAM. THEY HOLD THE SAME DINAR AS WE DO.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT MAKLIKI WOULD STICK IT UP OUR GOVERNMENTS REAR END AND L.O.P. THIS CURRENCY WE ALL HAVE POSESSION OF?

AHHH I DONT THINK SO...

THINK ABOUT IT,,,OUR GOVERNMENT IN AN ARTICKLE I READ ON HERE HAS BEEN PROISED 35.00 A BARREL OR 6 DINAR..

THE UK IS A LARGE HOLDER OF DINAR..

I THINK MAQLIKI AND SHABBS WOULD HAVE A LIL SPLAININ TO DO IF THEY LOPPED THAT CURRENCY..

ALL IS GOOD AND REST WELL WE ARE SAFE.

BCB

WE ARE AT THE END OF THE HAUL...DO NOT BELIVE ANYTHING OUT OF IRAQ...

SMOKIN MIRRORS..

• Upvote 1

When confusion reigns individuals are divided and we start grabbing at straws to establish our position. Nothing that has been presented in this string of posts convinces me that the bank / government is going to shaft all the investors. We can speculate all we want, but in the end we do not know what is going to happen. Frustration has a way of producing futility even in our debates. Clarity of what the meaning of a particular statement or law is saying, is as allusive as the date and rate. Interpretation of the news, posts, laws, or statements by officials is all a matter of the mindset we take as we read them. Oh, its fun to speculate/guess at what the bank and government will do when they RD/RV. We learn and are stimulate to prove our position, but no one really knows.

For all of you “newbies” who are reading this stream of postings, don’t be disheartened or confused. It is all just individual trying to find out what’s going on and will this investment payout or not. Just learn how to analyze what is being said, consider it another opinion and that no one really knows. But I’ve said that.

Hang In there and enjoy the ride, bumps and all.

I agree. And while I'd be grateful for a 200% or 300% ROI if this supposed RD happens, I don't think that's what's going on... and I don't think the speculation here is similar to Zimbabwe or Turkey or any other RD scenario

This is Iraq. The country we have been "cleaning house" in for the last seven or eight years, through war and corporatist intervention. The country our Sec of State recently encouraged American businesses to invest in.

I think there ARE power players on the world stage who have a hand in guiding Iraq to solvency and a re-build. It may all look like Iraq's decision, but I don't think so... I think this country has been eviscerated and reconstructed to mine its natural resources for investors. And this could very well include the currency. (That's why we're all "speculators.")

Whether this means an RD or an RV of any amount, is anyone's guess... the CBI article about the zeroes says nothing about how they will exhcnage out the current notes for a new currency or when.

I personally think it will RV low.

But we're all just guessin'

It seems to me, if the 3 zeros are lifted from the IQD, then .00086 to 1 USD would change to .86 to 1 USD. If an Iraqi was being paid 234,000,000 IQD a year ($20,000 USD) before RV, then post RV he would be paid 23,400 IQD to equal $20,000 USD (or something similar). Today, both currencies are used, but because of the "fixed rate" of the Dinar, it takes a thousand times more Dinar to buy what a Dollar costs. (Hence, the 5,000 and 10,000 and 25,000 Dinar notes, instead of 1 Dinar, 5 Dinar, 10 Dinar, 20 Dinar, 50 Dinar and 100 Dinar. Even 1,000 Dinar were not needed with an abundance of 1 Dollar bills...)

Isn't that how the IQD would adjust relative to the USD? If 3 zeros are being lifted, or the 1,000 to 1 exchange is being changed to essentially 1 to 1, then employment contracts in IQD would be adjusted to reflect the new parity with USD.

Why couldn't large IQD in circulation co-exist for time as they get exchanged for smaller denoms? With the value of the IQD now equal with USD, it means you can use a 1 Dinar or a 1 Dollar note. The price of bread would not stay at 2300 Dinar, because then it would also cost 2300 Dollars. The Dinar would change relative to the Dollar, not vice versa. After an official RV, then Dinar in country could converted for Dollars according to the official exchange rate. All the Finance ministry has to do is broadcast the their national currency is now worth the same or MORE than the USD, the currency of their America conqueror. The proud Iraqi who wants all American gone, will gladly conduct business in Dinar exclusively, and charge a premium for Dollars if possible. Does that make sense?

You cannot simply lop the value off a 5,000 Dinar without also lopping the value of a 100 Dinar note. If you did, the 100 Dinar note would be worth a fraction of a penny. Does that make sense?

What does make sense is to change over to new value of currency, and therefor make the lower denoms worth something, and you only do that by making the large denoms worth much, much more. That requires exchanging for small denoms, and phases out the need to use USD 1, 5, 10, 20 and 100 notes. By making Dinar worth slightly more, there is no benefit to exhanging to USD unless traveling out of country.

I also can see that after an RV making the Dinar equal to the Dollar, lowering the amount of Dinar necessary to buy products by a factor of about 1,000 to 1, the CBI could then turn around and increase the value of the Dinar by tripling the value relative to the Dollar....making it 3.60 Dinar to 1 Dollar. That would then give Iraqi's 3 times the buying power of before, so then if they were being paid only 23,400 Dinar a year, it would then be equivalent to $60-70,000 USD.

Now that would make even those poor Iraqi much happier, putting them way ahead of inflation!

This is just my humble opinion, I am not a college graduate, but I adhere to the KISS philosopy of life.

God Bless America,,,,America, Bless God!

I hope that I right about this and I have mentioned this before that if Iraq removes the 3 zero's from the face value of the currency and makes it worthless, then think about how many countries will pull aid and money from Iraq and consider them a worthless nation to do business with and I don't think that the U S will allow them to do this. It is in the best interest for Iraq to RV their currency and be obliterated to the 3 zero currency even if it is at a low rate. And Shabbs said when he in the US and gave his press speech he said the both currencies will co-exist. But let's hope so....

• Upvote 1

Oh come on... they are lifting the 3 000 from the exchange rate, out of country on world market. it currently stands at .00086 (this is where the .86 cents rumors comes from) and needs to revalue and would look something like ???? well we do not know that part yet fer sure.... here is to hoping!!

Ill drink to a .10 return or a 10 mill. Besides, look at all the life lessons learned and friends we have made!! Roll RV :D

I will tell you this though... in my 7 years(nearly 8) i have never seen the CBI come out with 3 articles in one day and all positive!!

Sumpins brewing.... Beer or Cash... I'll take both!!

Stay thirsrty Friends!! Adios en vaya con dios!!

• Upvote 2

sir if i dont have a link youll not find 1 time where i state any thing as fact i say IMO IMO IMO on every thing always if i dont have a link or if im giving my opinon so save it ok at least i do try an your little ego silliness to try an demean me or cast a shadow on my credibility is so unbecomming of you.....this will be my last commen t to u sir....have fun being miserable...BondLady

I respect that you say IMO and that you even have opinions. I was just hoping that someone with your cache of opinions and internet recognition could help me understand the question I posed to you. It seems no one can answer such a basic point and I figured you must have thought that through at one time or another since you own your own site and all.

I really don't have any intention to demean you whatsoever. People really like you so please stick around and help your audience. I thought this was a discussion to help solve or better understand things. I wasn't really talking to you in the beginning anyway. Surely you don't think everyone will agree with you on everything you say. People don't agree with me often and that's great. It would be boring if they did. I just hope I make them think a little. Don't you wish you had more understanding of this investment when you purchased 7 years ago? Think of how many people we have all discussed this investment with at one time or another. How many of them purchased on blind faith? I know I did. I care very deeply about the people on this site and even the people researching this investment that haven't purchased yet. Finding the truth motivates me. If that makes me miserable to you then call me miserable all you want. My intentions are good, caring, and open in nature.

Out of courtesy, I will stay away from your threads. Honestly, I usually do anyway. I will drop the mic and walk away. Have a nice day HUN. :)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I respect that you say IMO and that you even have opinions. I was just hoping that someone with your cache of opinions and internet recognition could help me understand the question I posed to you. It seems no one can answer such a basic point and I figured you must have thought that through at one time or another since you own your own site and all.

I really don't have any intention to demean you whatsoever. People really like you so please stick around and help your audience. I thought this was a discussion to help solve or better understand things. I wasn't really talking to you in the beginning anyway. Surely you don't think everyone will agree with you on everything you say. People don't agree with me often and that's great. It would be boring if they did. I just hope I make them think a little. Don't you wish you had more understanding of this investment when you purchased 7 years ago? Think of how many people we have all discussed this investment with at one time or another. How many of them purchased on blind faith? I know I did. I care very deeply about the people on this site and even the people researching this investment that haven't purchased yet. Finding the truth motivates me. If that makes me miserable to you then call me miserable all you want. My intentions are good, caring, and open in nature.

Out of courtesy, I will stay away from your threads. Honestly, I usually do anyway. I will drop the mic and walk away. Have a nice day HUN. :)

Funny how you "usually stay away from her threads" but you knew enough to say.....drop the mic and walk away! B.S!!!!!

• Upvote 4

Funny how you "usually stay away from her threads" but you knew enough to say.....drop the mic and walk away! B.S!!!!!

Good one!;)

I was the one that respectfully corrected her weeks ago when she was telling everyone there was up to a Trillion dollars in the DFI. Before that I had never heard of her. I think I read one of her other chats. She also posted in last nights thread on the article on the CBI changing the currency. Way to get me buddy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope that I right about this and I have mentioned this before that if Iraq removes the 3 zero's from the face value of the currency and makes it worthless, then think about how many countries will pull aid and money from Iraq and consider them a worthless nation to do business with and I don't think that the U S will allow them to do this. It is in the best interest for Iraq to RV their currency and be obliterated to the 3 zero currency even if it is at a low rate. And Shabbs said when he in the US and gave his press speech he said the both currencies will co-exist. But let's hope so....

First, a RD strengthens the currency. It doesn't make it worthless, it makes it stronger.

It is in Iraq's best interest to remove the remnants of Saddam era hyperinflation.

The nature of all RD processes is that old and new currency coexists, until the old can be removed from circulation.

That much is textbook.

But, having said that, anything can happen.

A RD will be followed by an eventual RV. That is when the growth happens.

The RD is revenue neutral to Iraq. It is a necessary first step.

There is growth potential. The Dinar you hold will earn more than most any other legal investments you can make, without being leveraged, over the same period of time