Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Freedom of Speech Here

It appears as though the perpetrators of this attack on DV have won. They have been successful in creating a rift between Adam and his Mods, who I thought always did a good job, as has Adam.

Why have we allowed this? Hit the "REPORT" button and don't reply to their acidic diatribe. Very easy. If you reply, it snowballs. Be reasonable, mature adults.

Did the Mods want the option to ban a poster that got out of line or what? Some difference of opinion caused this impasse, but it was not explained. We'll probably never know what brought this about.

Seems that if we want this site to continue to operate as it always has without the verbal attacks on individuals, we all have to refrain from parrying an attack with a reply. Just hang up the phone, change the channel or whatever metaphor suits you, and report.

Sorry to see the Mods leave, but I really appreciate this site for all the real information I have gotten and I'm not leaving. Sort through what you want to read and stay away from the BS. JMHO.

• Upvote 1

The tag line of this thread is something about freedom of speech ... which is all fine and good, as far as it goes.

Freedom is NOT true freedom, and it must come at a price. I say this because while we ARE free, we must all operate within certain limits, boundaries, rules and other things called 'laws.'

Yes, we as Americans operate under our constitutional right for freedom of speech, but it's also illegal to stand up in a crowded theater and shout "FIRE!!!!" because of the clear danger of harm in the crush when everyone rushes to the exits ... that sort of thing. Yes, we have freedom of speech, but it's not like our actions don't come with consequences!

Yes, we have freedom of speech at this site ... but Adam is the Law here, and as such, he has the final say for what he can and cannot live with. Some may call that censorship, or other more harsh terms, but it's not. It's called "Protecting Your Investment." Adam carries the weight of running this site, and if I were in charge and I saw a post like this one, whoever was involved would be gone ... and this principle is also why Don Imus got axed. Yes, he was free to say what he said, but as his employers, CBS Radio had the perfect right to fire him because CBS has their OWN policies for what they deem appropriate for on air discussions and remarks. As an EMPLOYER, CBS thought he was out of line, so he got fired. That was NOT a freedom of speech issue - it was Imus operating outside of the parameters set forth by CBS issue, and they didn't like what they were hearing, so bu bieee Mr. Imus.

So it is with Adam, at this site. If he wants to ban anyone for doing what he thinks is inappropriate, then it's his call. Being a newbie to this site, I don't know all of the squabbles everyone is talking about ... but I do know who is in charge and who isn't.

Adam is in charge here, and anyone who doesn't like how he manages this site is free to leave.

Go in peace, but please just go if you're that unhappy.

That's my :twocents:

GO RV!!

Edited by BlueJeanBaby
  • Upvote 4

Since we seem to be short on moderators I thought I might sneak in a dinar joke. Its about a husband who is heavily invested in dinar and his wife who is about to leave him as a result....the husband, carrying a sheep in his arms walks into the bedroom and says "honey, this is the pig I've been sleeping with for the past 3 weeks.....the wife, laying in bed, rolls over and says "you moron, that's not a pig, its a sheep....the husband, smiling, turns to the wife and says "I wasn't talking to you.."

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Since we seem to be short on moderators I thought I might sneak in a dinar joke. Its about a husband who is heavily invested in dinar and his wife who is about to leave him as a result....the husband, carrying a sheep in his arms walks into the bedroom and says "honey, this is the pig I've been sleeping with for the past 3 weeks.....the wife, laying in bed, rolls over and says "you moron, that's not a pig, its a sheep....the husband, smiling, turns to the wife and says "I wasn't talking to you.."

that was great!

• Upvote 1

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Ok, am I understanding that the main problem here were that some people posted negative comments or dissenting opinions about some of the other's posts on the forum and that is why you are leaving?

Seriously there has to be more to the story than that.

Or are you saying that ADAM was the one behind the scenes orchestrating the attacks for some nefarious reason?

Or are we simply talking about two different opinions on how to run the forum that neither may not necessarily be unethical but simply a difference of approach?

Someone needs to give more details here as to the real behind the scenes problems going on so that it is not left to the imagination as to whether it is questionable character on someone's part or just a difference of opinion on how to handle things. One is not necessarily the other.

Questionable character or poor ethics brings much more into question and brings more serious issues up.

My experience is often times what is viewed by one person as an ethical issue is really a difference of opinion once you strip away all the suspicion and innuendos.

However if this is truly an ethical or moral issue and not just personal, I for one would like to know. I do not think it fair to adam or this forum not to be more specific as to the real problems here and let us draw our own conclusions.

• Upvote 2

You know, seriously I just wish this would RV. It kills me to see all of these adults fighting. I too love Scooter and the others as much as the next person. I just come here to find out info. There has always been a cliche however you spell it in the chatroom. I come in say hello and seriously rarely ever get a response, so I stopped trying to fit in??? But really, it doesn't matter, I am here strickley for Dinar info. What ever site you chose or sites in my case, I just want the bottom line is an RV!!!!!

Linny

• Upvote 7

I loved this joke lol

• Upvote 1

BanG banned for this post.

Other mods:

Scooby Doo, graml, and anyone who failed to reply to this thread is also banned.

Riley, PVS, please respond.

Wait a sec ...

Anyone who failed to respond to this post also banned? You mean regular members banned for not reading and resonding to this post? Now I can add confusion to disillusionment.

Sorry to see such good people gone ... but understand ... it almost seems it was destined to happen. Very sad time.

:(

smee2

Wait a sec ...

Anyone who failed to respond to this post also banned? You mean regular members banned for not reading and resonding to this post? Now I can add confusion to disillusionment.

Sorry to see such good people gone ... but understand ... it almost seems it was destined to happen. Very sad time.

:(

smee2

You can't be that slow...... only the mods included in the first post... Don't get mad at me I just have a since of humor. :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You can't be that slow......

Duuuh ... yup ... yup ... I can, really I can ... duuuh ... just reading what it said ... don't understand politics and innuendo when it comes to such smart people so ... yup, yup ... I can be that slow ... yuk yuk yuk !!!

:P

smee2

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Monday, June 20, 2011

Official Mod Unity Call; Resignation

We (Mods) would like to thank all here at DV that have allowed us to call this place our Dinar Home.

Mods Resigning from DV Are As Follows

1. BanG 2. Rsskelton 3. Pleasant Valley Sunday 4. Riley

5. Jimsdandy 6. Scooby Doo 7. Graml

Many Current DV members are following us as well for that thank you. Peace

:( :( OMG! OMG!