Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act

cisole

Information on Special Restrictions and Exchange Forms

Furthermore, no one knows if there will be any restrictions placed on the exchange of the currency. It is possible that there may be extensive verification requirements from potential exchange customers as to the origin of their Iraqi Dinars. Banks in the United States do not accept large amounts of cash from individuals or companies who cannot verify their cash deposit is from a legitimate non-criminal source. Similarly, it is very likely that currency exchange dealers will have additional authentication requirements before they can accept the Iraqi Dinar for exchange. Many people don’t realize that you can’t just deposit even $100,000 US dollars in cash in a U.S. bank without significant scrutiny as to the non-criminal origin of the funds---the Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act will not allow it.

http://www.dinarbanker.com/information-articles/iraqi-dinar-exchange-after-revaluation-guide.html

So us that bought from eBay sellers without a registered Treasury document will have problems then? In my case buy 25k notes over time for the last few years adding up to several million with no certificates (only eBay receipts).

• Upvote 1

Information on Special Restrictions and Exchange Forms

Furthermore, no one knows if there will be any restrictions placed on the exchange of the currency. It is possible that there may be extensive verification requirements from potential exchange customers as to the origin of their Iraqi Dinars. Banks in the United States do not accept large amounts of cash from individuals or companies who cannot verify their cash deposit is from a legitimate non-criminal source. Similarly, it is very likely that currency exchange dealers will have additional authentication requirements before they can accept the Iraqi Dinar for exchange. Many people don’t realize that you can’t just deposit even $100,000 US dollars in cash in a U.S. bank without significant scrutiny as to the non-criminal origin of the funds---the Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act will not allow it.

http://www.dinarbanker.com/information-articles/iraqi-dinar-exchange-after-revaluation-guide.html

So us that bought from eBay sellers without a registered Treasury document will have problems then? In my case buy 25k notes over time for the last few years adding up to several million with no certificates (only eBay receipts).

Yeah I have similar questions. I find it hard to believe im going to be able to take 100k in dinar and ask them for 100k us dollars depending on the RV rate. I really don't want to walk into the bank and then have the FBI investigating for whatever reason.

WHAT !!!!!

Many people don’t realize that you can’t just deposit even $100,000 US dollars in cash in a U.S. bank without significant scrutiny as to the non-criminal origin of the funds---the Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act will not allow it.

Sure you can! You just have to pay your taxes.

Yeah I have similar questions. I find it hard to believe im going to be able to take 100k in dinar and ask them for 100k us dollars depending on the RV rate. I really don't want to walk into the bank and then have the FBI investigating for whatever reason.

exactly, i mean I expect that they won’t let me walk out with any really (forced deposit), but the fact that i won’t be able to do anything unless i have registered proof of its (non criminal) origin will suck, big time :(

WHAT !!!!!

Many people don’t realize that you can’t just deposit even $100,000 US dollars in cash in a U.S. bank without significant scrutiny as to the non-criminal origin of the funds---the Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act will not allow it.

Sure you can! You just have to pay your taxes.

thats the most logical way of thinking to me

• Upvote 1

We will all get scrutinized in any exchange, especially at a high rate. There will be no avoiding that. Perhaps exchange a little at first to get some operating capital, pay off some bills. But at the current value, if you have no receipts... it's really no big deal, right? Why not get your dinars verified now with a bank... to start a paper trail... create new current receipts. Wouldn't that practically be the same thing as doing a 1:1 exchange of your current dinar holdings? Might take some doing... but might be worth it. Kind of like taking our US Dollars to a bank and exchanging them for different ones. I know it's a reach... but, just a thought.

IF there is an RV of a significant amount, your USD's that you are depositing into the bank will be coming from exchanged IQD. I've read were the normal IQD amount owned by UScitizens is what, 2 million? So, approx. $2,000 purchase price? I don't think our government will be overly concerned. However those who have posted they have 20-30 million or more IQD? They might want to have a paper trail.

I was under the impression that buyinf foreign currency with a credit card was a violation of the Patriot Act.

If thats the case, and it does cause a hassle, then just about everyone i know that has invested is in trouble.