Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Explain this please

valtar

I know math can be difficult but if I was a country and had physical monies like say 1170 equal to $1.00 and I sell my money on the open market for that price knowing down the road that I would increase the value by say 3000 percent . Isn't that like buying a product to sell for $100.00 and I paid $300,000.00 for it? They sell the dinar for 1170 to $1.00 and buy it back for whatever $2.00-$4.00

This is not finance 101 :blink: ?????????????? Just don't know. Sorry.

Waiting like everyone...........

True words for thought. Remember also that they sell at 1170 iqd to the dollar because of the UN Chapter 7 sanctions. The ISX joining the Forex recently is in preparation of of the r.v. Also the IQD haters out there trying to get you to dump your IQD at a loss will help pull IQD off the world market. Iraq going 21 century with electronic banking infrastructure will also by its very nature pull IQD off the market primarily within Iraq. Making less millionares and making the remaining IQD on the world market that much more valuable, thus possibly 86 cents to the dollar. T ime will tell. Gods blessing to you all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know math can be difficult but if I was a country and had physical monies like say 1170 equal to $1.00 and I sell my money on the open market for that price knowing down the road that I would increase the value by say 3000 percent . Isn't that like buying a product to sell for $100.00 and I paid $300,000.00 for it? They sell the dinar for 1170 to $1.00 and buy it back for whatever $2.00-$4.00

Please, please, please read about money. The physical paper IQD is ONLY a representation of the worth of the country. Iraq won't have to "buy back" any IQD's. What would they buy them with ? More IQD's ?

The question is, "Is Iraq worth what the outstanding IQD's represent or is Iraq worth more?" Those of us who hold IQD's think the answer is "more." So, we think that at some point in time, the real worth of Iraq will be shown through a proper valuation of its currency. i.e. we think an RV simply has to occur.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If you made a 3,000 percent profit on $100.00 then you would have $3,000.00 not $300,00.00.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you made a 3,000 percent profit on $100.00 then you would have $3,000.00 not $300,00.00.

I think your calculator needs new batteries...

But was not exchanged and/or recognized inernationally thus making it a sort of in-country only rate.

And as I recall, Hussein set the $3. rate, and how he got it, I do not know.

'Valtar',

I appreciate your opinion and thought process; however, the economy of Iraq (IMHO), which will grow faster than the economy of China (US Dept of State indicated), will be able to sustain an RV or RI of somewhere between $2 to $3.25 based upon a multitude of oil and gas related ventures just to name a couple. We all have seen the multitudes of companies willing to invest in this ever growing democracy. Does it still face challenges, yes, but I believe we will see an phenomenal transformation once the remaining sanctions have been lifted and all other necessary items are complete. IMHO!

Thank you,

GG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

'Valtar',

I appreciate your opinion and thought process; however, the economy of Iraq (IMHO), which will grow faster than the economy of China (US Dept of State indicated), will be able to sustain an RV or RI of somewhere between $2 to $3.25 based upon a multitude of oil and gas related ventures just to name a couple. We all have seen the multitudes of companies willing to invest in this ever growing democracy. Does it still face challenges, yes, but I believe we will see an phenomenal transformation once the remaining sanctions have been lifted and all other necessary items are complete. IMHO!

Thank you,

GG

This was my point why sell at 1170 when and if they are going to RV wouldn't they be better off RVing sooner than later. Why sell at the lower rate?

• Upvote 1

There is nothing worse than making a post like yours.

Putting down somebody's math skills when it is you that needs help is classic.

$100 x 3000% = $3000

100 x 30.00 = 3000

100 x 3000/100 = 3000

No matter how I write it, it keeps coming out the same.

An RV @ $3.00 (from $0.00086) is actually over 300,000%. Since numbers seem to elude you, that is THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND PERCENT. Sounds realistic, doesn't it?

This was my point why sell at 1170 when and if they are going to RV wouldn't they be better off RVing sooner than later. Why sell at the lower rate?

Excellent point. Why sell off dinar for YEARS and then turn around and have to pay out thousands times more? You found the hole.

Edited by Froto
  • Upvote 1

And as I recall, Hussein set the $3. rate, and how he got it, I do not know.

Hussein, was a dictator he was trying to make his own rate. But it was worth approx 2.26 to the dollar at that time. Now if you had Microsoft shares or Apple shares a long time ago, Most people back then would have said ( your nuts, they have not proven themselves like IBM ) Who would have had the last laugh.

'Valtar',

Thank you,

GG

what about the example of Venezuela? I found this in an article posted by Lee Thomas:

Iraq’s oil alone will not cause the IQD to appreciate. It is its economy, government and infrastructure that will have to drastically improve before there is movement in its currency. While much of Iraq’s debts were forgiven, many of those same creditors will not reinvest in Iraq for a long, long time. It is like not loaning money to a person with a bad credit rating. To put things into perspective, there are other countries that are relatively more stable than Iraq, however, the value of their currency is unstable or have not appreciated much.

If you are basing on the rise of the IQD on its oil resources, look no further than the Venezuelan Bolivares (VEB). Venezuela is one of the world’s top 5 oil producers which accounts for 80% of its exports. In January 1, 2000, the exchange rate for it was 647 VEB for 1 USD. Today, it is 2,147 VEB. This proves that there are many other factors than just oil to keep its currency stable.

Valtar and eastcreek, both of you are 100% correct. This is not Finance 101. This is Iraq 101; we all are students and The IMF, OTC Banking, World Bank, DFI, Adam and eventually China are our global instructors!! Our assumptions and speculations will go down in history as hypotheses until proven to be fact. I hope we learn our lesson(s) well. Go RV!

what about the example of Venezuela? I found this in an article posted by Lee Thomas:

Iraq’s oil alone will not cause the IQD to appreciate. It is its economy, government and infrastructure that will have to drastically improve before there is movement in its currency. While much of Iraq’s debts were forgiven, many of those same creditors will not reinvest in Iraq for a long, long time. It is like not loaning money to a person with a bad credit rating. To put things into perspective, there are other countries that are relatively more stable than Iraq, however, the value of their currency is unstable or have not appreciated much.

If you are basing on the rise of the IQD on its oil resources, look no further than the Venezuelan Bolivares (VEB). Venezuela is one of the world’s top 5 oil producers which accounts for 80% of its exports. In January 1, 2000, the exchange rate for it was 647 VEB for 1 USD. Today, it is 2,147 VEB. This proves that there are many other factors than just oil to keep its currency stable.

'Waco69',

Thank you for your post and comments!

I will concede that oil alone may not be the lone and deciding factor, but I believe the combination of oil, natural gas, and many other ecomonic indicators relating to the enormous growth Iraq is facing will greatly impact the rate of the currency.

Thank you,

GG

Hey Waco69,

You are 100% correct. The imminet RV crowd believes that Iraq is going to give up it's oil to pay off dinar holders and good luck getting them to believe otherwise. Simple question is, why? Why not just redenominate which they have told us they are going to do a thousand times. That would save them 10s of trillions but that little fact won't deter the Go RV crowd. No sir. They will bash away at anyone who would dare bring simple logic like that to the table. Then they will bring forum facts. You know the ones that the gurus and pumpers put into place from the beggining. Things like the "plan" or reboot of world economies or they have to honor their currency. Haha that one is my favorite. Some how since you bought a 25,000 IQD they have to give you 25,000 USD for it. Then when you bring more common sense and logic to quell that stupidity they will call you a troll, or "why don't you sell me your dinar for cheap", or why are you even here, or "do you even own dinar. Haha. love it.

Anyway I just saw that you brought common sense and I thought I would try to warn you.