Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More positive news on today's meeting

Baghdad (NINA) - President Jalal Talabani announced that the leaders and representatives of the political blocs who held a meeting today agreed to immediately halt the media campaigns and to be committed to President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani’s initiative and Erbil agreements.

He said, in a press conference "the meeting, which lasted 3 hours, was successful and ended the boycott, it put frankly the outstanding issues," noting that another meeting will be held soon, which will be attended by Dr. Iyad Allawi in order to implement the rest of the Erbil agreements.”

He explained that today's meeting discussed two topics, the first; the presence of U.S. troops in Iraq and the second is current political situation.

"For the first subject; the participants decides to study the issue of the American military presence extensively in the light of the need for training Iraqi forces, and to hold a special session to issue a political decision on the presence of U.S. troops issue," Talabani went on saying.

He added that regarding the second topic, it was decided to abide by Barzani’s initiative of Erbil.

The leaders and representatives of the political blocs held a meeting today at the home of President Jalal Talabani in the absence of some leaders and VIPs, including the leader of the Iraqiya Slate Dr. Iyad Allawi, Parliament Speaker Osama Al Nujeifi, leader of the National Reform Movement Ibrahim Al Jaafari, and President of Kurdistan, Massoud Barzani. /End/ http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FHDDMJ

• Upvote 14

Great post , things are moving again, and what's IMO stand for?

In My Opinion, or IMHO In My Humble Opinion.

"He added that regarding the second topic, it was decided to abide by Barzani’s initiative of Erbil."

I love that quote! Barzani is my new Iraqi hero. Go Barzani and bring the RV with you!

Thanks Z. This is great news IMHO.