Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IN TIMES OF TROUBLE----Christian content

The only survivor of a sinking shipwreck was washed up on shore of a small uninhabiited island some 500 miles from any mainland. When he came to he looked around and there was nothing just a few of his things that washed up with him. Terror and uncertainty begin to grip his thinking that he was all alone, and no one knows i'm here. After a second he tried to scan the horizion for any signs of help not one was to be found. He never had time for God in the past and now he wondered if he would even listen to him in his time of trouble. So many things were running thru his mind that he was all alone here and that he would grown old here or at least die here without his friends and family. He began to cry and fell on his knees and prayed feverishly telling god that he was sorry for his past and ask god to help him in some way.

Exhausted and tired he managed gather enough drift wood to build a shelter to help shield him from the elements and to store the few pieces of his eathly possessions. After getting his shelter built he went scavenging for food of which was very little. From a distance he could see smoke over the palm trees and wondered what was going on. As he got closer enough to see it was his little shelter on fire. It not only burned up his shelter he lost what little possessions he had left

Stunned with grief and anger he cried out god how could you do this to me. You have already left me here by myself to die alone and now you let the only things i had left in this world burn up, Why, Why, Why. As night fell he drifted off to sleep laying on the sand with tears in his eyes. Early the next morning he was awakened by a ship horn approching the island where he thought his doom was to be. As his rescue took place he ask the captain how they knew he was there, he said yesterday we saw smoke way off in the distance and knew that there had to be trouble because there is nothing out here........Morale of the story is this, Its easy to get discouraged when things looks their worst but take heart God is at work in our lives even in the midst of pain and suffering.

Proverbs:3:5 Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings.

• Upvote 6

The only survivor of a sinking shipwreck was washed up on shore of a small uninhabiited island some 500 miles from any mainland. When he came to he looked around and there was nothing just a few of his things that washed up with him. Terror and uncertainty begin to grip his thinking that he was all alone, and no one knows i'm here. After a second he tried to scan the horizion for any signs of help not one was to be found. He never had time for God in the past and now he wondered if he would even listen to him in his time of trouble. So many things were running thru his mind that he was all alone here and that he would grown old here or at least die here without his friends and family. He began to cry and fell on his knees and prayed feverishly telling god that he was sorry for his past and ask god to help him in some way.

Exhausted and tired he managed gather enough drift wood to build a shelter to help shield him from the elements and to store the few pieces of his eathly possessions. After getting his shelter built he went scavenging for food of which was very little. From a distance he could see smoke over the palm trees and wondered what was going on. As he got closer enough to see it was his little shelter on fire. It not only burned up his shelter he lost what little possessions he had left

Stunned with grief and anger he cried out god how could you do this to me. You have already left me here by myself to die alone and now you let the only things i had left in this world burn up, Why, Why, Why. As night fell he drifted off to sleep laying on the sand with tears in his eyes. Early the next morning he was awakened by a ship horn approching the island where he thought his doom was to be. As his rescue took place he ask the captain how they knew he was there, he said yesterday we saw smoke way off in the distance and knew that there had to be trouble because there is nothing out here........Morale of the story is this, Its easy to get discouraged when things looks their worst but take heart God is at work in our lives even in the midst of pain and suffering.

Proverbs:3:5 Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings.

ugghh ..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

You posted this in the dinar opinions thread ... I suggest it should have gone into the off topic thread. It really isn't an opinion on the dinar. It is a life style opinion if anything but it does not belong in the dinar thread. If someone is interested, they will find it in the off topic area and we are all dinar holders so you will reach the ones you want to reach there.

thanks

smee2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for the post, HeavyDuty! "Yes, "we see through a glass darkly . . . " (I Corinthians 13: 12) and "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 . . . Amen? Hang in there . . .

GO RV!!!

You posted this in the dinar opinions thread ... I suggest it should have gone into the off topic thread. It really isn't an opinion on the dinar. It is a life style opinion if anything but it does not belong in the dinar thread. If someone is interested, they will find it in the off topic area and we are all dinar holders so you will reach the ones you want to reach there.

thanks

smee2

Actually this has a lot to do with this Dinar ride. Here we are at yet another place where dates are predicted and most are in hopeful anticipation. Question is: Will this FINALLY come to fruition or will the dates pass, uneventful with yet another ridge of this mountain to climb.

I for one can not emotionally or financially afford another disappointment and really, really needed to hear HD's message today. Thank you HeavyDuty for the reminder and inspiration. :) It is very much appreciated.

Edited by DinarC
  • Downvote 1

Actually this has a lot to do with this Dinar ride. Here we are at yet another place where dates are predicted and most are in hopeful anticipation. Question is: Will this FINALLY come to fruition or will the dates pass, uneventful with yet another ridge of this mountain to climb.

I for one can not emotionally or financially afford another disappointment and really, really needed to hear HD's message today. Thank you HeavyDuty for the reminder and inspiration. :) It is very much appreciated.

thank you dinar c for your comments it is my desire to help those that i can.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Downvote 1