Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone successfully opened new account in last 3 weeks?

sambob

Hello All,

After almost a month of waiting and routine emails to Mr. Issa I have met with success. For the last three days I sent emails to the accounts dept and Mr. Issa between 1am and 2am Central time. My last email this morning was sent with a request for an email read receipt. My email was read almost instantaneously.

This afternoon when I checked my email my account numbers and wiring information had been emailed to me.

Bear in mind that I made my initial request before the old Warka website went down.

I will be funding my account via wire as soon as possible.

I hope this helps anyone interested in this option

GO RV

Mark in Texas

• Upvote 1

G'day Guys

Can someone fully explain to me why it is recommended we open a Warka a/c ?

Cheers Chilli B) B)

A few reasons...

1. Dinar in electronic form so you don't have to worry about the kind of notes you have or what will happen to them.

2. The CBI rate. I just bought 17,000 dinar for $15.00.

3. No cash in period. You can let the account sit for however long you want.

4. Access to the ISX

It's a pain in the ass to open, but I think it's well worth it.

Just received a response from Warka. I have been emailing all departments at Warka trying to get a response from them regarding a problem with my USD / IQD online account. After 4 or 5 days of not receiving a reply to my email I decided to send my email with an email receipt request. I received my receipt within a couple of hours of sending that email and my problem was resolved immediately.

I decided to try the receipt request as (Mark In Texas) had done in a previous post in the section.

Great idea Mark, this solved my problem.

For some reason some of my money was showing up as funds not available, they quickly made them available.

Hello All,

After almost a month of waiting and routine emails to Mr. Issa I have met with success. For the last three days I sent emails to the accounts dept and Mr. Issa between 1am and 2am Central time. My last email this morning was sent with a request for an email read receipt. My email was read almost instantaneously.

This afternoon when I checked my email my account numbers and wiring information had been emailed to me.

Bear in mind that I made my initial request before the old Warka website went down.

I will be funding my account via wire as soon as possible.

I hope this helps anyone interested in this option

GO RV

Mark in Texas

Hello Mark, I have been having a problem getting Warka to respond to my emails,

accually they haven't responded at all.

I followed your lead on the Return Receipt Request and they immediately responded and resolved the problem.

Thanks for your post, GREAT IDEA!!!!

Mtex45

Just received a response from Warka. I have been emailing all departments at Warka trying to get a response from them regarding a problem with my USD / IQD online account. After 4 or 5 days of not receiving a reply to my email I decided to send my email with an email receipt request. I received my receipt within a couple of hours of sending that email and my problem was resolved immediately.

I decided to try the receipt request as (Mark In Texas) had done in a previous post in the section.

Great idea Mark, this solved my problem.

For some reason some of my money was showing up as funds not available, they quickly made them available.

Hello Mark, I have been having a problem getting Warka to respond to my emails,

accually they haven't responded at all.

I followed your lead on the Return Receipt Request and they immediately responded and resolved the problem.

Thanks for your post, GREAT IDEA!!!!

Mtex45

Mtex45,

I'm glad it worked out positively for you. I sent my wire to fund my account today with instructions to transfer the funds to my IQD account minus the minimum USD balance and fees. I hope I can get confirmation of my wire and e-banking set up pretty quickly. I think our diversification is key to added rewards.

Mark in Texas

Mark in TX. Got the same form letter response on the 21st of June (less the joint acct.).

Am still in a holding pattern to receive my account numbers.

Anyone else have any success yet?

I just finished wiring funds into my Warka account today 14/7/11 it took me 27 days to receive the wiring instructions hang in there it will happen sincere blessing

I just sent out my e-mail to open an account, i will post back with results as well.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking interest in our fine bank we looking forward in establishing your accounts having you as our good esteemed client.

To finalize your accounts please confirm your full contact details, mobile and telephone.

For further information related to your account and the fine services provided by our good bank please take a moment to visit our website www.warka-bank.com <http://www.warka-bank.com/> news bulletin to view the latest notices and the contact details of the related departments that will best handle your inquiries. We have several departments that will specifically handle each banking affair to your best interest by contacting them directly.

Thank you for following our regulations, guidelines and working procedures which have been set to best serve our esteemed clients.

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

Deputy Managing Director

Senior Executive

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking interest in our fine bank we looking forward in establishing your accounts having you as our good esteemed client.

To finalize your accounts please confirm your full contact details, mobile and telephone.

For further information related to your account and the fine services provided by our good bank please take a moment to visit our website www.warka-bank.com <http://www.warka-bank.com/> news bulletin to view the latest notices and the contact details of the related departments that will best handle your inquiries. We have several departments that will specifically handle each banking affair to your best interest by contacting them directly.

Thank you for following our regulations, guidelines and working procedures which have been set to best serve our esteemed clients.

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

Deputy Managing Director

Senior Executive

I got an auto responce this monring when I RE-confirmed my info.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that we are currently outside the office due to the National Holiday (Independence Day) where our bank will be closed opening its doors for business Sunday July 17th 2011 best serving our fine clients.

P.S. Weekend in Iraq falls on Friday & Saturday.

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

Deputy Managing Director

Senior Executive

I just sent out my e-mail to open an account, i will post back with results as well.

*UPDATE*

They rsponded asking me for my phone number, i have sent it 3 times since then just to make sure, still no response.

I made sure it was sent during business hours each time as well.

Why Warka ?? Don't know

Right now Warka is the only bank in Iraq that you can open an account with in both US dollars and Dinar. Alot of us are opening accounts so that we can invest

in the ISX, which Warka allows us to do. It is also smart to diversify within this investment and Warka allows us to do this.

*UPDATE*

They rsponded asking me for my phone number, i have sent it 3 times since then just to make sure, still no response.

I made sure it was sent during business hours each time as well.

*UPDATE*

Dear Sir,

Your request will be passed to our customer accounts department to establish your USD and IQD savings account where once opened they will confirm your accounts details and wire transfer instructions to proceed with funding your account.

I have had my account information for several weeks and procrastinated wire the funds. Well I went to my Chase bank and did a wire transfer using I hope was the correct Information. I did have to go back to the bank because I left off the special request to the beneficiary " to be paid for : my name, USD account no. at warka bank , keep minimum in USD balance,put the rest in IQD" so I had to go backto the bank and luckily that had not sent the wire, who knows where it would of gone. I'm still concerned whether it went to the correct place. Now that I've done that will I get an email when it hits my USD account? Or do I need to send Warka an email letting them know that I have wired funds.?

Thanks!!!!

Has anyone transferred money from their account strait to their warka account (bypassing citibank)? thanks for your input.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

We are given the SWIFT code for Citi but I also have a swift code for Warka (WAIVIQBA), why couldn't one bypass Citi and directly deposit your funds into your Warka account; avoid another fee and the rigamarole of having to hound Warka to do this and do that, move this here, move that there.

I read in another thread that once your monies gets deposited to your USD you can use their e-banking (once you've established e-banking) to transfer the funds to your IQD account yourself. Once again simpler steps.

Adams book is a fount of knowledge but I'm wondering with all the recent banking changes that have occurred just this year if things are now easier for us and we may not know it yet.

Edited by Dinar_o'saurs

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

We are given the SWIFT code for Citi but I also have a swift code for Warka (WAIVIQBA), why couldn't one bypass Citi and directly deposit your funds into your Warka account; avoid another fee and the rigamarole of having to hound Warka to do this and do that, move this here, move that there.

I read in another thread that once your monies gets deposited to your USD you can use their e-banking (once you've established e-banking) to transfer the funds to your IQD account yourself. Once again simpler steps.

Adams book is a fount of knowledge but I'm wondering with all the recent banking changes that have occurred just this year if things are now easier for us and we may not know it yet.

I bank with BOA and I saw there was info to wire straight to Warka. I think I'm going to try it. If it gets lost, they can always track it and I'll know the next time lol

I bank with BOA and I saw there was info to wire straight to Warka. I think I'm going to try it. If it gets lost, they can always track it and I'll know the next time lol

Let me know how it goes Bjizzle30........ that's where I'm trying to set mine up with.

SUCCESS......................

Well folks here is the update on my experience with Warka Bank. For those of you who don't recall or wish to scroll back in this tread I will make my timeline simple.

June 16th I applied for an account using Warka's online application on the old website before it was taken down and revised

June 20th I made inquiry regarding the status of my account application to the accounts department

June 27th I forwarded my initial inquiry to Mr. Issa

July 1st Mr. Issa replied and advised that my account would be established soon.

July 12th I received my account numbers via email

July 13th I wired funds from my bank to Warka per their standard instructions

July 20th I received confirmation that my wire was received and that once the online account access fee was deducted from my IQD account my login information would be forwarded.

August 2nd I received my online account login information, logged in, and transferred my funds from my USD account to my IQD account

It took me about a month and a half total time to accomplish all of this. Towards the end of June I began requesting read receipts with each email I sent. I also made it a point to email between 1 am and 2 am central time so as to ensure they reached during business hours Sunday thru Thursday.

I was always respectful in my requests and follow ups even when I was frustrated about the process. It was a lengthy process but I feel it was well worth my time and effort.

I hope this can be of help to others.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RV

Mark in Texas

• Upvote 1

Mark in Texas...

Great! Was wondering how you did the wire transfer. Did you use the SWIFT code CITIUS33 or WAIVIQBA.

I can send it direct to Warka but when I try to send it to Citi I'm asked for my account # there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark in Texas...

Great! Was wondering how you did the wire transfer. Did you use the SWIFT code CITIUS33 or WAIVIQBA.

I can send it direct to Warka but when I try to send it to Citi I'm asked for my account # there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dinar_O'sauras

I followed the instructions Mr. Issa emailed to me. I went through Citibank and it appears they only charge $5.00 bucks.

I have had my account information for several weeks and procrastinated wire the funds. Well I went to my Chase bank and did a wire transfer using I hope was the correct Information. I did have to go back to the bank because I left off the special request to the beneficiary " to be paid for : my name, USD account no. at warka bank , keep minimum in USD balance,put the rest in IQD" so I had to go backto the bank and luckily that had not sent the wire, who knows where it would of gone. I'm still concerned whether it went to the correct place. Now that I've done that will I get an email when it hits my USD account? Or do I need to send Warka an email letting them know that I have wired funds.?

Thanks!!!!

took me 13 days to get email confirmation that my funds were received, and then another 5 days to get confirmation that the transfer from USD acct to IQD acct was successful.

*UPDATE*

Dear Sir,

Your request will be passed to our customer accounts department to establish your USD and IQD savings account where once opened they will confirm your accounts details and wire transfer instructions to proceed with funding your account.

*UPDATE*

Thankyou for choosing Warka Bank for Investment and Finance and for taking interestin our services

YourUSD savings account no. is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YourIQD savings account no. is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wehave currently established banking relations with Citibank NY where you candirect your funds using the below details:

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance USD Account Number at Citibank : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Account Name at Citibank: Warka Bank for Investment &Finance

Corresponding Bank Name: Citibank NA

Branch: New York

BIC - Swift Address: xxxxxxxx

Fed Wire: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary name and account number : Your name andaccount number at Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Best regards,

Customer Accounts Dept.

International Affairs

Has anyone used Bank of America's on-line wire transfer to wire funds to Warka. If so.....

Did you go through Citi?

Here, they want to confirm the account with a small deposit and ask for my user name and password at Citi........ I don't have a Citi account.

or

Did you wire directly to Warka?

This is another mess. All the correct info is there for Warka including the SWIFT code and Warka's address, but then asks for my info; name, address, country.... Wait..... NO, UNITED STATES, NO, AMERICA.......????

Help! Please!! :(