Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No change in value this summer

Snore..... :wacko: :wacko:

I can't wait for the rv so I don't have to keep seeing the LOPSTER GANG posting their pessimistic, depressing scribblings. :(

Totally fabricated rubbish!!! <_<

I'm with you! This is so outrageously pessimistic! I guess since some of us apparently KNOW Iraq is not going to RV/RI their currency....EVER. That's just the feeling I get when I read some posts here. I know some people get overly optimistic, but progress is being made and can't be overlooked as meaningless. Just stay positive! I mean would you rather make a profit now or 20 years from now? (rhetorical) It will happen, but it will not be years from now.

Im almost 100% positive that these next two months at least, will come and go with no significant change in value....after the end of last year I sat back and thought about when the next period of time could be for them to letting the dinar start to appreciate, my first thoughts were this summer....seemed we would see enough improvement to where MAYBE something could happen.....but now I dont see it happening quite yet.....I know people dont wanna hear this but its something we should be watching and listening for....The plan to delete the zeros is about to be sent to parliment for their approval....we need this plan to be shot down and thrown out....that way its almost like the parliment telling the CBI to go back to the drawing board about how to raise the value of the dinar and thats exactly what we need!! We do NOT want this delete the zeros plan to be approved......so until I see whats going to happen with this plan, I do not see any movement in the value of the dinar.

You can believe all you want about this whole plan being just smoke and mirrors.....thats fine....that seems to be most peoples coping mechanism to anything negative they hear about this investment, but of course anything positive just absolutely and positively has to be true no matter if there is any supporting evidence or not. But its been pretty clear that the past 5 or 6 years they have been working on this plan....putting steps forward in place to be able to achieve something of this magnitude. Call me negative, call me the leader of the doom and gloom club, whatever makes you feel better to just push this off as nothing more then someone just not wanting to believe in this investment...which is actually just the opposite of who I am and what I believe...(and if you have been around long enough you know exactly where I stand on this and what I do believe)

You can scream and holler about dates and certain things being done or taken care of (banking reform, DFI, Erbil, HCL, GOI complete, security ministers) but it seems as if none of that will mean an imminent RV...that it MUST happen now because of any of those above being done....We have been seeing it over and over and over and nothing ever comes of these hard dates put forward that we should see the RV by. So dont get your hopes up quite yet, its very possible of this going into next year and for those who will say "Iraq cannot afford to go on any further the way things are" Well thats just not the case....they have been surviving the last 8 years or so doing exactly what they are now.....they are producing and selling oil you know....the production numbers now are pretty much equal to what they were before the invasion so you dont think with a small population of 30 million that they dont have any money? That they cant survive?? Its kind of laughable to say they cant.....

Just calling things as I see it....and the way things are flowing right now, before Iraq moves forward with the appreciation of the dinar, this delete the zeros plan needs to be passed through parliment and shot down. You all should understand that while the CBI controls the exchange rate and monetary policy, the parliment must approve any changes to or issuing of a new currency.....So the parliment is needed....They didnt spend the last 5 or 6 years working to prepare for this plan to be put in action if approved, as a way of just discouraging investors or a smoke and mirrors flag and then just magically the RV will appear out of no where when no one expects it......Keep an eye out for news on this delete the zeros plan so we can track the progress of it and hopefully the plan will NOT be approved and they are forced to come up with another way of strengthening the dinar......And until this plan is approved or shot down, there wont be any movement on the value of the dinar.....I hate saying this stuff, really I do....I want this thing to take off just like everyone else and we all are able to live alot more comfortably in the years ahead but right now I see that things could really take a turn for the worse....we are like a rain drop sitting on the point of a very steep mountain, we could slide down the mountain on either side and I dont see one way being more likely then the other right now.....Just try to stay positive and hope that this plan is not approved.....if shot down, I think we will be in the clear for now for anything negative transpiring and will increase our chances of a slow and gradual RV....

STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!

Which brings me right back to my consistent thought...."Why do they need to RV again?" Look at all that has and is happening WITHOUT the RV

Pumps are running

oil contracts are being agreed and signed

infrastructure is taking place

electric grid is coming on line

schools and hospitals are being built

government is meeting

new banking systems have been installed.

the country is taking its place on the global scene (wto, UN, MENA, etc)

untold BILLIONS of investment dollars rolling into their country and their currency is tenths of a penny vs the US

corruption is still going strong

Basically things are better then they've ever been and steadily improving....why then do they need an RV?

• Upvote 1

Snore..... wacko.gifwacko.gif

I can't wait for the rv so I don't have to keep seeing the LOPSTER GANG posting their pessimistic, depressing scribblings. sad.gif

Totally fabricated rubbish!!! dry.gif

The lopster gang?? Why is anyone considered a lopster that actually understands this investment and the ways it can go?? Would you consider Adam a lopster too because he thinks its still a possibility?? laugh.gif If all of what I said is fabricated, then step up to the plate and prove it wrong.......since your so sure I made it up, teach me how I am wrong....tell me what I am so confused about.....

No one here wants a lop.....but you cant deny thats what the deleting the zeros articles are about....anyone with the simplest comprehension levels can pick that up after reading some of the more detailed ones....they plan on submitting it to parliment and hopefully it doesnt get passed....no one wants it to pass....it will send them back to the drawing board on how to raise the value of the dinar....which is what we want.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Which brings me right back to my consistent thought...."Why do they need to RV again?" Look at all that has and is happening WITHOUT the RV

Pumps are running

government is meeting

untold BILLIONS of investment dollars rolling into their country and their currency is tenths of a penny vs the US

Basically things are better then they've ever been and steadily improving....why then do they need an RV?

Exactly! This is all bogus. I'm gonna sell my Iraqi currency immediately and leave this fantasy land that some have been riding for 8 years. Maybe we can be so lucky and have our currency devalue that much and do so well. There is zero chance that Iraq wants to keep their currency at tenths of a penny and they honestly can't keep it there. Ha. Common sense applies to some of the situations.

Pumps are running

government is meeting

Exactly....and if many would open up their eyes for a moment instead of keeping the blinders on to whats really going on, and stop listening to those garbage CC's they might actually understand what you have posted.....thanks for bringing that up!!

Im not saying they wont raise the value of the dinar....just a point being made that Iraq is not broke and has been surviving with the currency at the value is now for sometime...they are not broke, and its not a do or die situation for Iraq to RV at any point....it wont break them if they dont RV by a certain date....the RV is coming, no doubt about that....but its not the number one concern for them....

Edited by keepmwlknfny

I think you're being optimistic KEEP....realistically, I think late next year is the best we can hope for? Everyone keeps saying it's got to happen because Iraq can't continue on the way they have for the last 8 years....I say WHY NOT? The people in power get all they want and will continue to do so as long as they have oil to sell. They do not care one iota about the welfare of the masses, just as long as they get thiers. The entire oil kingdom operate on the basis of the elite get everything, and the masses are lucky to be alive....nothing is going to change that until the masses rise up and "take" their fair share. Don't see that happening for a few years. There will be NO RV until it benefits those in power in a big way. The pumpers who say it has to happen because of the UN, IMF, WTO or what is best for the country are all full of themselves. No powers in place have given a rats arse about the peiople in that region for 3000 years....what has changed? NOTHING!!!!! :P

• Upvote 4

Exactly! This is all bogus. I'm gonna sell my Iraqi currency immediately and leave this fantasy land that some have been riding for 8 years. Maybe we can be so lucky and have our currency devalue that much and do so well. There is zero chance that Iraq wants to keep their currency at tenths of a penny and they honestly can't keep it there. Ha. Common sense applies to some of the situations.

Actually they can keep it there quite a while longer....they have a big cash influx coming very soon, when the UN Sanctions expire and they get all their DFI funds released, they'll have the money to do quite a bit...

I'm not saying it'll never rise, I hold a few million and hope it goes at the crazy lady's 8 something a piece but I'd be very very happy with 30 cents a piece...very very happy.

What do you think our Treasury will say about the zero's being deleted ? Hillarious's not a pumper why did she say the economy will grow faster than China in the next two years ? Is this not the first of many countries in the mid-east that will be a democratic Arab country. For others to follow at will not by war would they set the example to the Arab people and world investors by coming out of the gate by removing the zero's and if that is the case why did all those people in many Arab nations citizens and governments buy dinar ? For United States first model country to steal from the world . I think they will RV when we let them and when our Treasury is tired of jumping through hoops. And of course expect an RV on the eve of the Presidential campaign season. I know Cheney is not allowed to buy dinar and his book will not be a sleeper it will contain some nice insight to your dinar's birthing and that book tour is August 2011 he is a very very smart man and he would not tour pre RV i know he's had a date for over a year its a nice cash cow for him and he deserves it .

**** Cheney deserves nothing more than to rot in a jail cell or worse for the rest of his life!

dd395-Cell%20(site).jpg

dd395-Dead%20(site).jpg

dd395-frame%20(site).jpg

dd395-Mag%20(site).jpg

dd395-List%20(site).jpg

• Downvote 2

Exactly....and if many would open up their eyes for a moment instead of keeping the blinders on to whats really going on, and stop listening to those garbage CC's they might actually understand what you have posted.....thanks for bringing that up!!

Im not saying they wont raise the value of the dinar....just a point being made that Iraq is not broke and has been surviving with the currency at the value is now for sometime...they are not broke, and its not a do or die situation for Iraq to RV at any point....it wont break them if they dont RV by a certain date....the RV is coming, no doubt about that....but its not the number one concern for them....

My eye's are open and always have been. I just listened to one of those garbage cc's. I listened to the one with Scooter on. I find it interesting that Scooter says NO LOP. No possible way. I also find it interesting that he says that Iraq has been pulling in (raising) 000 notes for sometime now. These are 2 items that you posted as being unconfirmed. I gotta say, you are well versed in the IQD and very opinionated but I am gonna go with Scooter on these 2 issues. btw he also says RV soon with a slow gradual increase in value to $3.86 in 2012 and over $5.00 in 2013. I will take that over your prediction of 2012 before anything happens. We disagree again Keep.

• Upvote 3

My eye's are open and always have been. I just listened to one of those garbage cc's. I listened to the one with Scooter on. I find it interesting that Scooter says NO LOP. No possible way. I also find it interesting that he says that Iraq has been pulling in (raising) 000 notes for sometime now. These are 2 items that you posted as being unconfirmed. I gotta say, you are well versed in the IQD and very opinionated but I am gonna go with Scooter on these 2 issues. btw he also says RV soon with a slow gradual increase in value to $3.86 in 2012 and over $5.00 in 2013. I will take that over your prediction of 2012 before anything happens. We disagree again Keep.

whoa whoa whoa scooter did not say those things....no way did he say increase to 3.86 and then over 5 dollars in 2012......You might wanna listen to that again....I know his thoughts on the RV.....and those are NOT things he would say......hell we used to laugh and make jokes about those kinds of rates.....

Something is definately wrong with what you heard......and Im not even going to put him in the middle of this since I know him, but I cant explain why he said those things about Iraq pulling in notes.....

But the facts are there that show they havent been reducing the money supply.....

I think you might have mistaken Rudy or Breitling for scooter.....

whoa whoa whoa scooter did not say those things....no way did he say increase to 3.86 and then over 5 dollars in 2012......You might wanna listen to that again....I know his thoughts on the RV.....and those are NOT things he would say......hell we used to laugh and make jokes about those kinds of rates.....

Something is definately wrong with what you heard......and Im not even going to put him in the middle of this since I know him, but I cant explain why he said those things about Iraq pulling in notes.....

But the facts are there that show they havent been reducing the money supply.....

I think you might have mistaken Rudy or Breitling for scooter.....

Perhaps you should listen to the garbage cc for yourself Keep. You might just be surprised at what you hear. I know I was.

You misread what I said. I said he said $3.86 by end of 2012 and then over $5.00 by 2013.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps you should listen to the garbage cc for yourself Keep. You might just be surprised at what you hear. I know I was.

You misread what I said. I said he said $3.86 by end of 2012 and then over $5.00 by 2013.

When you get into it, if you want to find where he says it quickly it is approx. 1 hour into the cc. I just listened to it again because you had me worried that perhaps I was mistaken. But he says NO WAY will they LOP.

• Upvote 1

Yea Ill be surprised at how redonkulous some of their thoughts are.......and I didnt misread what you said.....no way in hell scooter said those rates and dates scenerio your saying.....

Thats why I said I think you might have mistaken him for one of the others......No way in hell scooter truely believes in those rates.....

exactly inflation will be their demise and make shabbs Rv their currency if it gets too rampant Iraq is screwed and believe me they dont want that this will not go into 2012 sorry to burst any bubbles here it may seem it won't happen this summer to many or even this year at all because of the polkitical side of things but believe me things are in the works more than people know about i can assure you that. Stay focused and stay positive. BTW good post Keep thanks for keep things real.

FYI. CBI article regarding inflation: up to 7.3% in May, from 6.1% in April.

FYI. CBI article regarding inflation: up to 7.3% in May, from 6.1% in April.

And for the record, yes they can try and control that by raising the purchasing power and value of the currency, but where is the reserves to back up an increase?? And I dont see any talk yet of the dinar being taken off the program rate yet so Im not too sure what they can do about it at this point.....Unless they can increase the supply of goods with a quickness!!

While I agree inflation has gone up a tad and one way of controlling that is by raising the purchasing power and or value of the currency but they cannot back up any significant change in value at this point......

Up to 7.3% in May. That's a 1.2% jump in a month.

Why do you think there is hard currency issues in the streets?? More then one person has come across saying there is NO issues with finding bigger bills in the streets of Iraq....that the bigger bills are just as common as the 20's we see here....and with 24 trillion outside the banks, you really think that there would be a shortage of currency anywhere?? Hardly.....

There have been articles that Iraqis were having to use old torn bills due to the fact no new notes were being distributed. That's mostly speculation, but it makes sense as they've been pulling large notes off the streets for years.

Foriegn investors and contractors are not basing their decisions on investing solely on the currencies value.....what does that matter to them?? Money is money....matter of fact, now would be the time to get their feet in the door as start up costs are rediculously cheap at this point.....The real issue is with stability and security...not the value of the currency.....Veitnam posted the highest growth rates I believe it was last year and alot of it had to do with foriegn investors coming in and building up the economy, adding goods and services and look where the value of their currency is at.....Not to mention the process of entering Iraq for the purpose of setting up businesses is very complex....it is not easy to do business with them at this point....many things need to change and its not all based on the value of the currency..... http://dinarvets.com...s-for-business/ read that and tell me if it sounds like they are at all worried about the exchange rate of the dinar.....

That's a growth forecast, and even Hillarious said Iraq will grow, but only as investors come into the country. There hasn't been an overwhelming amount of contracts signed that I've seen news of, save one or two and the $7B deal with Korea. And per your statement about start up costs being cheap, how do you figure? $7B in dinar is an awful lot of dinar. Especially considering they are probably paying contractors in USD since the IQD isn't internationally traded.

Of course removal on sanctions is huge....but that doesnt necessarily mean that they will RV as soon as they are removed.....and they have had full access to the DFI funds....it really doesnt change a whole lot except they wont have to report where every dollar goes as they are required now to do.....the 5% will still need to be handled for paying off Kuwait and they want Iraq to come forward with some sort of mechanism to handle those funds when the DFI is gone but its not like Iraq has not had access to those funds this whole time.....Even with the DFI funds being released, it opens the doors for any and all countries to go after the funds for war crimes and reperations....bottom line is they still need the reserves to back their currency.....as of right now, (which of course could change) they only have exactly enough to cover the 59 trillion dinar money supply....

Your statement regarding access to the DFI funds is incorrect. Iraq has had to work with the UN to access those funds, and they are only being used for reconstruction projects, operations costs, etc. That's not full control. You're also incorrect about the not having to report after the DFI expires. One of the post-DFI mechanisms that was required was transparency and auditing. Those transactions are being looked at. And yes, the Paris Club debt and other vulnerabilities will occur when the DFI expires. Wouldn't that be an argument to strengthen the currency?

And for the record, yes they can try and control that by raising the purchasing power and value of the currency, but where is the reserves to back up an increase?? And I dont see any talk yet of the dinar being taken off the program rate yet so Im not too sure what they can do about it at this point.....Unless they can increase the supply of goods with a quickness!!

DFI funds, other frozen assets, montization of non-liquid assets (metals, oils, etc), drainage funds...

A post like this also acts like an insurance policy...if it in fact RVs at a good rate (relative) sooner than predicted, what's there to lose? Nothing! Most people will have scattered by then like cockroaches never to return to DV...

Opinions are like you know whats...everyone has them! Clearly Keep has two type of followers...ones that deify him and ones that oppose him...If you believe in your belief, then guess what? Whatever that is, you're absolutely right right now! We will only know in due time...to me, that's where the fun begins...to go back and dissect who was on the mark and who was far from it.

cool.gif

A post like this also acts like an insurance policy...if it in fact RVs at a good rate (relative) sooner than predicted, what's there to lose? Nothing! Most people will have scattered by then like cockroaches never to return to DV...

Opinions are like you know whats...everyone has them! Clearly Keep has two type of followers...ones that deify him and ones that oppose him...If you believe in your belief, then guess what? Whatever that is, you're absolutely right right now! We will only know in due time...to me, that's where the fun begins...to go back and dissect who was on the mark and who was far from it.

cool.gif

Just for the record, I don't follow keep anywhere. The LOP drum he's constantly banging hurts my ears...:lol:

Yea Ill be surprised at how redonkulous some of their thoughts are.......and I didnt misread what you said.....no way in hell scooter said those rates and dates scenerio your saying.....

Thats why I said I think you might have mistaken him for one of the others......No way in hell scooter truely believes in those rates.....

Fact is he did say it and does believe it. Scooter says No LOP! As for the articles you Keep throwing up about the raising of the three zero's, Scooter says that that study was completed in 2007 and is posted on the ministry of finance site. The old articles are nothing but smoke and mirrors. He also says we should expect 100's of the articles to be coming out and they will all contradict one another the closer we get to the RV. Scooter says it will be a multi teared RV with the initial RV close to $1.17 followed by more RV's. By end of 2012 rate will be $3.86 and in 2013 will exceed $5.00. I made NO mistake. It is Scooter that says everything I have posted. Interesting huh?

• Upvote 1

There have been articles that Iraqis were having to use old torn bills due to the fact no new notes were being distributed. That's mostly speculation, but it makes sense as they've been pulling large notes off the streets for years.

That's a growth forecast, and even Hillarious said Iraq will grow, but only as investors come into the country. There hasn't been an overwhelming amount of contracts signed that I've seen news of, save one or two and the $7B deal with Korea. And per your statement about start up costs being cheap, how do you figure? $7B in dinar is an awful lot of dinar. Especially considering they are probably paying contractors in USD since the IQD isn't internationally traded.

Your statement regarding access to the DFI funds is incorrect. Iraq has had to work with the UN to access those funds, and they are only being used for reconstruction projects, operations costs, etc. That's not full control. You're also incorrect about the not having to report after the DFI expires. One of the post-DFI mechanisms that was required was transparency and auditing. Those transactions are being looked at. And yes, the Paris Club debt and other vulnerabilities will occur when the DFI expires. Wouldn't that be an argument to strengthen the currency?

Pure speculation that they have been removing notes off the streets for years.....if you check the financials, the money supply has been growing year after year.....thats a direct indication of just the opposite happening....that more money is being injected into the market and other places.....

I dont doubt for one minute Iraq wont grow....but it wont happen overnight and there is still a major issue with even the simplest and basic needs...the majority of any and all outside investors and contractors, are probly in relation to providing those services such as electricity, water, and housing....How much do you think it would cost right now to purchase land and maybe the building to set up in? To buy those goods if you were lets say an american company, dont you think its going to be a fraction of the cost it might take compared to setting up a business here in the US?? Thats what I refer to.....you read the article that I gave the link to right? The one TJ posted?? There are plenty of outsiders making their way in, but how much good will it do if there is no money to buy these services? Or that if these people cant even get the basics to live by, why would they be interested in buying a cell phone or getting internet access?? My point is that its not all about waiting for the currency to be of value before these companies are willing to jump into Iraq....it is of value now....just alot less then the USD but any direction that the currency takes, even if it is a negative outcome, will not keep outsiders from wanting to invest in Iraq....

Yea they have had to work with the UN to get those funds but people are under the impression that Iraq cannot and does not have any access to that money which is false....they surely do have access to that money and it must be accounted for and kept track of where it goes...just like all the other finances that Iraq deals with...they are required to be completely transparent.....I was not aware that they were still calling for them to be transparent after the DFI funds so thanks for bringin that to my attention......I do believe that once protection expires, of course it would help to have a higher valued currency when looking at paying back any claims to other countries, but is there proof to show that any unfrozen assets can be dumped into the reserves to build those up? I mean when we look at all this money coming back to Iraq we of course our first thought is well there is the money to RV....well what about their thinking?? If you were in their shoes what would you do?? Use that money to pay off investors world wide? Or take that money and GREATLY and QUICKLY be able to improve living conditions that are so horrible for the citizens?? All this money they are supposed to be getting should be going back into the economy....sure some could be used to build up the reserves so that they may back up a higher valued currency but we dont know that yet till its released.....they could have completely different plans for that money.....

YOU CAN NOT MAKE CONCLUSIONS ABOUT OTHERS PEOPLES OPINION, BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION AND MY OPINION AND CONCLUSION IS THAT IT WII BE DONE ON JUNO 30 OR BEFORE, MANY PEOPLES AND THE WORLD ARE WAITING FOR THIS MAJOR EVENT. SOOOOO

GO RV JUNE 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:D

Edited by jocko129

Fact is he did say it and does believe it. Scooter says No LOP! As for the articles you Keep throwing up about the raising of the three zero's, Scooter says that that study was completed in 2007 and is posted on the ministry of finance site. The old articles are nothing but smoke and mirrors. He also says we should expect 100's of the articles to be coming out and they will all contradict one another the closer we get to the RV. Scooter says it will be a multi teared RV with the initial RV close to $1.17 followed by more RV's. By end of 2012 rate will be $3.86 and in 2013 will exceed $5.00. I made NO mistake. It is Scooter that says everything I have posted. Interesting huh?

laugh.gif Im not even going to go into it since he isent around...it wouldnt be right.....yes he has always said that the closer we are, the more contradicting articles we will see....the study isent complete because the articles about the zeros are NEW....and as they state, the plan is almost done and being close to being sent to parliment for approval.....scooter likes to stay on the most positive of ideas but there are some things he believes that he would never state in public so with that being said Im not going to go into the rest of it.....The multi teared RV is a definite possibility....not counting it out....but its not a guarantee....this investment is not a guarantee....you can continue to believe that and the crazy rediculous rates if you wish, but Im not going to believe any of that stuff your repeating from the CC....thats not his style....