Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

friends and Scooter

desimo

There has been some discussion regarding Scooter being possibly on a radio show with someone of questionable character. I have never personally met Scooter but he has always been very kind to me online. He is someone I would shake his hand and call him a friend if I ever met him. I do not know about others but when there is someone I call a friend I believe in that person. IF Scooter was on a show with someone of questionable character does not reflect upon my belief in someone I call a friend. IF he was then he had a valid reason. IF he was does not bring Scooter into question. Either you believe in someone or you do not believe in them. I know I have a different view of someone I call friend. I stand by them and believe in them and their character. When I got my divorce everyone I once called a friend and who called me a friend deserted me simply because they could not understand what I was doing or because they chose to listen to gossip.

Regarding the radio show I know nothing about it. But as far as this dinarvetarian goes; I stand by Scooter regardless of who else might or might not have been on that show.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

There is a great difference between real friends, and acquaintances. We call people friends ... one syllable ... easier than saying acquaintance ... easier to spell too. But really, when it hits the fan, the ones who stand by you and get their shirts messed up with yours are the true friends. They are valuable and so precious and losing one hurts.

I missed whatever happened with Scooter, and it seems from reading the aftermash posts that there isn't a concensus on what really did happen. But I do know one thing ... Scooter is the kind of person, obvious from his posts and chats and willingness, nay not willingness but desire, to inform and educate and ease the path for everyone else ... well he is the kind of person who is a true friend. He is the one who stands by you when things are rough and tries to help.

Whatever happened, whoever said what or responded with whatever, Scooter deserved the support of this forum and everyone on it. He earned that with his reputation. If he didn't get it, I am saddened.

I have been a member for less than a year and in that time I have seen the forum go from what I had been lurking and loving to something totally foreign. The influx of new members who seem bent on destroying the true friend attitude and acceptance of differing ideas I found here ... well, they seem to have succeeded in doing just that ... destroying the forum I chose to join because of all I saw here and cherished.

I will stick around and see if the pendulum swings the other way again. I hope so. As I hope we have not really lost Scooter. He is such an important part of this forum ... for many reasons.

:(

smee2

Here's the thing, folks: I meant every word during my post, down to the letters themselves. And I still do. Call me disrespectful, arrogant, pompous, whatever. Sticks and stones as far as I'm concerned.

I still, for the life of me, don't see what the big deal is. What I find are overly-emotional responses to an otherwise well-intentioned inquiry. Let me ask you this: just how many of you took the time to listen to that portion of the Conference Call AFTER hearing Scooter's intial explanation? To me, it just doesn't add up and it troubles me to see him making a concession speech (which is precisely what he did) with the amount of time it could've taken him to address my initial question by contacting Rudy and getting to the bottom of this--not only for me, people--but for EVERYONE! Scooter shouldn't have needed to read it from Adam - he wrote of CREDIBILITY and TIME as if they are equals, yet as Scooter clearly showed us yesterday, it appears CREDIBILITY > TIME after all.

I enjoyed his analyses and commentary. I really did. But it's hard to enjoy a five-star meal surrounded by flies, you feel me? None of this should have happened and you folks don't have to believe a single word I say. Just let me make myself pointedly clear: I am not satisfied with his CHOICE to walk away.

IN MY OPINION, doing so only makes him all the more guilty of a corroboration previously unknown to many of us, as it was veiled behind fantastic data analysis and a golden-boy persona.

Scooter receives no apology from me.

Aloha,

chuckst3r

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

I SURE wish there was SCOOTERvets.com Id support him and never visit another site!!!!!!!! Scooter got thrown under the bus and im questioning if did adam allow this to generate more hits to the site and get ever in an uproar????

Adam I cant believe you allowed this to be said about him, if someone would have said the same thing about you they for sure would have been banned. Are you saying people can public question you how legit your information is or what you saying?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

There is a great difference between real friends, and acquaintances. We call people friends ... one syllable ... easier than saying acquaintance ... easier to spell too. But really, when it hits the fan, the ones who stand by you and get their shirts messed up with yours are the true friends. They are valuable and so precious and losing one hurts.

I missed whatever happened with Scooter, and it seems from reading the aftermash posts that there isn't a concensus on what really did happen. But I do know one thing ... Scooter is the kind of person, obvious from his posts and chats and willingness, nay not willingness but desire, to inform and educate and ease the path for everyone else ... well he is the kind of person who is a true friend. He is the one who stands by you when things are rough and tries to help.

Whatever happened, whoever said what or responded with whatever, Scooter deserved the support of this forum and everyone on it. He earned that with his reputation. If he didn't get it, I am saddened.

I have been a member for less than a year and in that time I have seen the forum go from what I had been lurking and loving to something totally foreign. The influx of new members who seem bent on destroying the true friend attitude and acceptance of differing ideas I found here ... well, they seem to have succeeded in doing just that ... destroying the forum I chose to join because of all I saw here and cherished.

I will stick around and see if the pendulum swings the other way again. I hope so. As I hope we have not really lost Scooter. He is such an important part of this forum ... for many reasons.

:(

smee2

I totally concur! Purple for a man among men, red because I am seeing this from the disrespect some have for others! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Scooter does deserve the support and respect of the community.

I hope that the person we all respect so much will come back and address the original concern - that it seems he has associated with someone that is a known fraud.

If he doesn't, I will still respect his decision to leave, and I ask that all other members do the same.

On that note, this thread is being closed.

Let's go talk about dinar.

• Upvote 2