Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I think most folks here on DV want to learn about the IQD, Iraq, and share a laugh or two while we wait. However, many of us also have outstanding medical bills, high mortgages, debt, college bills, and loved ones that are struggling. All of these things create tension, and the tension heightens when faced with differing perspectives and mixed news on the potential RV investment. Let's face it...getting a whole bunch of people to play nice is hard, and good debate can sometimes lead to personal attacks.

So, I'm asking that we end the drama.

Here is what I'm asking from each of you reading this post....make the following committment:

1. I will not make personal attacks on anyone posting....even if I think they deserve it.

2. If somebody posts something that offends me...I'm going to be a big boy and let it go and not respond.

Here's the deal....if you agree with the above statements...just post agree. If we ignore the posters who make vitriolic comments, they will soon loose interest and move on. And if anyone makes fun of this thread...I'm just going to let it go!

Go RV!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I get what your saying, but people that do these things come here to do just that. It's how most people on the internet are, when you don't have to show your name or face..it's basically a license to be an ass..You can't really make a deal with these people.

Not making a deal with the trolls..making a deal with the committed members here....I would like to lash out at these guys myself (may have done it once or twice). If a dude is trolling, he's doing it for attention. If he doesn't get attention...he finds somewhere else to go... a little behavioral psychology here! There will always be those few thatcome here to harrass...I'm just suggesting we don't fall for it.

in full agreement.... I have lost faith in this site due to the handling of the scooter situation.... I am very disappointed in how the DV management responded to the attacks on Scooter.... Better to close the chat than to engage in and/or show agreement with the attacker(s)... Bad form DV mgmt....

• Upvote 3

One of the problems is that it's not just trolls or new members or old members that are guilty of this. It seems new members attack old members, old members attack new members, and everyone attacks trolls. Hope this cuts down on some of the name calling anyway.

Agree B)

• Upvote 1

I get what your saying, but people that do these things come here to do just that. It's how most people on the internet are, when you don't have to show your name or face..it's basically a license to be an ass..You can't really make a deal with these people.

You are correct. And as long as they can post whatever they want they will continue bashing. These people need to start getting banned. Simply asking them to place nice won't work. After all it has not worked thus far. Look at how Scooter said he felt stalked, attacked and threatened by certain people because of their postings. Had those people been banned perhaps he would still be here.

• Upvote 3

AGREE AND AMEN. OH AND HOW BOUT WE KEEP THIS A DINAR SITE NOT A POLITICAL SITE. TIRED OF THE BIRTHERS, CONSPIRACIES AND ANYTHING ELSE POLITICAL. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH THE DINAR WHEN I LOG ON HERE.

WHAT? NO RV YET? I THOUGHT IT WOULD'VE HAPPENED BY NOW !!!!! LOL

THE DINAR HAS INCREASED IN VALUE SLOWLY IN THE PAST 8 YEARS. WHEN WE GOT OURS IT WAS OVER 1600 DINAR FOR 1 USD. ITS NOW 1167 DINAR FOR 1 USD NO ITS NOT A MAJOR RV BUT IT DOES GIVE HOPE.

IF THEY EVER STOP BOMBING OVER THERE AND ROBBING THE MONEY CHANGERS AND BANKS IT WILL RV. MY HUSBAND JUST CAME BACK IN MARCH AND HE SAID THERE ARE 2 THINGS U DON'T WANT TO BE IN IRAQ. A MONEY CHANGER OR BANKER OR A POLICEMAN. HE SAID THEY DON'T TELL ABOUT THAT ANYWHERE. HE SAID THEY AREN'T PUMPING ALL THIS OIL LIKE EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT BECAUSE ITS STILL TOO DANGEROUS TO REPAIR OR BUILD NEW PIPELINES AND STUFF TO PUMP THE OIL. I HATE TO TELL THIS BUT I GET SO TIRED OF ALL THESE RUMOR PEOPLE ACTING LIKE EVERYTHING IS ALL GOOD OVER THERE. IT IS STILL VOLITILE. MAYBE NOT LIKE IT WAS WHEN WE FIRST WENT OVER THERE BUT STILL NOT STABLE. MY HUSBAND SAID THEY WERE TAKING FIRE ABOUT EVERYDAY AT THE BASE HE WAS AT. HE WAS IN BAGHDAD. SO I THINK THERE IS STILL A LOT TO DO THERE BEFORE AN RV. I HOPE I AM WRONG. WHEN IT COMES TO GOVERNMENTS YOU NEVER KNOW.

• Upvote 2

We would be far wiser, imho to spend some time "getting to know" the Iraqi people in order to have a better understanding of what is really happening in that part of the world. The differences in culture, beliefs, living conditions etc. are mostly beyond our comprehension.

You are correct. And as long as they can post whatever they want they will continue bashing. These people need to start getting banned. Simply asking them to place nice won't work. After all it has not worked thus far. Look at how Scooter said he felt stalked, attacked and threatened by certain people because of their postings. Had those people been banned perhaps he would still be here.

Agreed

I agree and thank you for starting this post!

I am very saddened by how Scooter has been treated. For the most part, I feel lime I have made many friends here at DV, and would love for the "riff-raff" posters who want to be negative and downright ugly to just go away!

probably won't happen, but hey nice thought. Its so much easier to read these posts when the sarcasm stays away. Just when you respect someone's opinion and want to read they say, they ask why you don't like ponies and ice cream............

just sayin