Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US MOVING TOWARD BANNING GUN OWNERSHIP

robear

'2012 U.N. Conference Designed To Eliminate Americans' 2nd Amendment Rights!'

GUN OWNERS: YOU BETTER BE PRO ACTIVE AND CALL YOUR SENATORS ON THIS.

FORBES

U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms

Jun. 7 2011 - 2:04 pm | 619,812 views

It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty” premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates” you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted – our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own and bear arms.

What, exactly, does the intended agreement entail?

While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:

Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.

Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).

Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).

Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.

In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.

Have no doubt that this plan is very real, with strong Obama administration support. In January 2010 the U.S. joined 152 other countries in endorsing a U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution that will establish a 2012 conference to draft a blueprint for enactment. Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton has pledged to push for Senate ratification.

Former U.N. ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners to take this initiative seriously, stating that the U.N. “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there is no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Although professing to support the Second Amendment during her presidential election bid, Hillarious Clinton is not generally known as a gun rights enthusiast. She has been a long-time activist for federal firearms licensing and registration, and a vigorous opponent of state Right-to-Carry laws. As a New York senator she ranked among the National Rifle Association’s worst “F”-rated gun banners who voted to support the sort of gunpoint disarmament that marked New Orleans’ rogue police actions against law-abiding gun owners in the anarchistic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

President Obama’s record on citizen gun rights doesn’t reflect much advocacy either. Consider for example his appointment of anti-gun rights former Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels as an alternate U.S. representative to the U.N., and his choice of Andrew Traver who has worked to terminate civilian ownership of so-called “assault rifles” (another prejudicially meaningless gun term) to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Then, in a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama administration quietly banned the re-importation and sale of 850,000 collectable antique U.S.-manufactured M1 Garand and Carbine rifles that were left in South Korea following the Korean War. Developed in the 1930s, the venerable M1 Garand carried the U.S. through World War II, seeing action in every major battle.

As an Illinois state senator, Barack Obama was an aggressive advocate for expanding gun control laws, and even voted against legislation giving gun owners an affirmative defense when they use firearms to defend themselves and their families against home invaders and burglars. He also served on a 10-member board of directors of the radically activist anti-gun Joyce Foundation in Chicago during a period between 1998-2001when it contributed $18,326,183 in grants to anti-Second Amendment organizations.

If someone breaks into your home when you are there, which would you prefer to have close at hand: 1) a telephone to call 911, or 2) a loaded gun of respectable caliber? That’s a pretty easy question for me to answer. I am a long-time NRA member, concealed firearms license holder and a regular weekly recreational pistol shooter. And while I don’t ordinarily care to target anything that has a mother, will reluctantly make an exception should an urgent provocation arise. I also happen to enjoy the company of friends who hunt, as well as those, like myself, who share an abiding interest in American history and the firearms that influenced it.

There are many like me, and fewer of them would be alive today were it not for exercise of their gun rights. In fact law-abiding citizens in America used guns in self-defense 2.5 million times during 1993 (about 6,850 times per day), and actually shot and killed 2 1/2 times as many criminals as police did (1,527 to 606). Those civilian self-defense shootings resulted in less than 1/5th as many incidents as police where an innocent person was mistakenly identified as a criminal (2% versus 11%).

Just how effectively have gun bans worked to make citizens safer in other countries? Take the number of home break-ins while residents are present as an indication. In Canada and Britain, both with tough gun-control laws, nearly half of all burglaries occur when residents are present. But in the U.S. where many households are armed, only about 13% happen when someone is home.

Recognizing clear statistical benefit evidence, 41 states now allow competent, law-abiding adults to carry permitted or permit-exempt concealed handguns. As a result, crime rates in those states have typically fallen at least 10% in the year following enactment.

So the majority in our Senate is smart enough to realize that the U.N.’s gun-grab agenda is unconstitutional, politically suicidal for those who support it, and down-right idiotic—right? Let’s hope so, but not entirely count on it. While a few loyal Obama Democrats are truly “pro-gun”, many are loathe to vote against treaties that carry the president’s international prestige, causing him embarrassment.

Also, don’t forget that Senate confirmation of anti-gun Obama nominee Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Many within the few who voted against her did so only because of massive grassroots pressure from constituents who take their Constitutional protections very seriously.

Now, more than ever, it’s imperative to stick by our guns in demanding that all Constitutional rights be preserved. If not, we will surely lose both.

--------

IS THE U.N. TRYING TO STRIP AMERICANS’ SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS?

Posted on June 7, 2011 at 9:05pm by Billy Hallowell

Is the United Nations gunning for Americans’ second Amendment rights?

In an op-ed for Forbes, University of Houston professor Larry Bell rails against the U.N.’s “Small Arms Treaty.” Bell claims that the international body is passing the measure off as an effort intended to combat terrorists and insurgents. He says the measure has a very different purpose:

Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty”…you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted – our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own and bear arms.

Bell claims that this international treaty, from the Obama administration’s perspective, is an opportunity to increase domestic gun control. If implemented, he believes it will enforce rougher licensing requirements, more red tape, create an “international gun registry,“ ”confiscate and destroy all ‘unauthorized’ civilian firearms’” and severely impede Americans’ right to bear arms.

Bell explains that this plan is very real and that the U.S. has already joined 152 other countries in to endorse a U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution that will lead to a 2012 conference. It is during this meeting that plans to enact these international new controls will take place. Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton has said she will encourage the Senate to ratify he resolution as well...

Edited by robear
  • Upvote 2

While the folks in Yankee-land and the Pelosi lovers will jump on this band wagon, apparently the nice folks at the UN and members of the current administration haven't met many REDNECKS. Good luck with that one.

• Upvote 1

IS THE U.N. TRYING TO STRIP AMERICANS’ SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS?

Thanks for the post.

This is yet another assault on the rights of US citizens.

People aught to wake up!

It does not matter who is in power!

Whomever that may be, they are just the puppets of a very powerful cabal.

And another step closer to bringing us into a New World Order.

Do you want to be governed by a foreign entity?

Have you ever had a taste of Fascism ?

Better do your homework, and use your vote to smoke these scoundrals out.

Do it before it is too late!

BTW, this is not a conspiracy.

If you believe this to be so, then do your homework, and find out for yourself.

Best Regards.

• Upvote 2

While the folks in Yankee-land and the Pelosi lovers will jump on this band wagon, apparently the nice folks at the UN and members of the current administration haven't met many REDNECKS. Good luck with that one.

I know lots and lots of GUN owners. A few of these are outstanding upper level management! At least half of them openly state "you can take my GUN, no problem from my cold dead fingers" It would be my guess that the people trying to ban GUNS from law abiding citizens either

1] Do not have a clue how these guns save lives

2] Trying to start a revolution to put our country on new footing

3] Emotional at odds due to a specific event in their life

"WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS"

• Upvote 3

Dont say it never will happen , thease Peices of S*** go behind our backs and sign things in to act that we never no about till its done. And thats exactly how they will pass this bill, behind closed doors. I think its time we took our country back from thease panty waist faggouts and showed them who we the people realy are. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Dont say it never will happen , thease Peices of S*** go behind our backs and sign things in to act that we never no about till its done. And thats exactly how they will pass this bill, behind closed doors. I think its time we took our country back from thease panty waist faggouts and showed them who we the people realy are. :angry:

If this happened behind closed doors and passed.... thats when the revolution would start. And I got plenty of JHP's and FMJ's and a ton of people I know to join the cause.... :lol:

Edited by OH_BROTHER
  • Upvote 2

NEVER WILL HAPPEN....

I'm sure that's what they said about taxes too! We need to be vigilant! Thanks for the post robear!

"The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes." -- Thomas Paine

"Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people." -- John Adams

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."-- Thomas Jefferson

"What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It's not good at much else." -- Tom Clancy

• Upvote 2

It is coming eventually. I have held for years that the operative word regarding our defense would be 'covert'. Look like, act like, smell like the enemy until it is too late for the enemy. I am reconsidering those thoughts. I still think that covert is going to be key but I also see things that really looks like someone is trying their hardest to set up for civil war. One on side are the illegals who are basically being bought, radical groups such as Black Panthers, Brown Pride, MeCHA and Muslim Brotherhood. On the other side are people who want the Constitution. I am beginning to think that there is not going to be too much room for keeping positions quiet. I have never made statements like this in the open forum before because I know things are monitored and do not want visits from guys in tacky suits. But, things are getting too out of hand and I really cannnot keep quiet.

• Upvote 1

Yankee's huh? ROFL. Well here in Virginia they can have my guns! The catch is I will give them the Bullets first!

• Upvote 4

There are a lot of good ol boys in the North with Southern roots.

• Upvote 1

This is a fight that needs to be won BEFORE the GOV does their behind closed doors dealings and it becomes law.

To think you can win with bullets AFTER such laws are passed and put into action, here's something to think about.

army-abrams-m1-tank-careers.jpg

Think that this can't happen? Just ask David Koresh what his thoughts WERE!

The fight for the right to bear arms is at your doorstep RIGHT NOW!

• Upvote 4

you go by just how many hunting license are bought each year in the US , of which there is about 50 million gun owners , that is one heck of a large armed force to reckon with , bring them on

I agree, the difficulty however, is organizing that group - NRA withstanding.

+1 Gibbs!

"Tyranny is always better organized than freedom." -- Charles Peguy.

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." George Washington

• Upvote 1

Hi to my USA friends.

One of you mentioned the word FASCISM.

let me tell you....two of the ways in which the NW Order fascist mechanism is brought about are:

1. present you with an enemy...and get you folk really scared for your safety, by continuously pumping the story through the media......and then,

whan you citizens are scared enough...you give the bastards PERMISSION to pass all kinds of laws that will take away your 2nd amendmend rights, and loads of other freedoms too...see patriot act...homeland security powers...they are not there to protect you from boogey man terrorists...that simply do not pose ANY threat to you.

Those increased homeland security powers are there to give yuor government security forces permission to empty their guns out at YOU, when you decide to stand up...yes, i think they are lookin' to start a riot...and when you riot or start an uprising...they will have the permission they need to fire their guns at you.

You are all allowing them to lay the ground work...has been going on for the past 30 years...they are patient...they are meticulous and very single minded.

2. They will put their symbols and signs in plain view...and when nobody even raises an eyebrow...again...in their twisted minds...it gives them a mandate or permission to do what they do.

Example...someone mentioned FASCISM....and you might say: "WE WOULDN'T HAVE FASCISM HERE IN THE USA!!!"

But think again...your Congress hall has two great big FASCI painted on the wall...along with the USA flag with gold tassles as borders.

Whatever is painted on a wall in a building, that is what announces the jurisdiction of that official building.

Just like anytime you see a USA flag with GOLD borders....and i don't care if it's a flag on a pole...or one that is embroidered onto a US soldier's uniform...you know the ones...with the gold borders....

well...the gold borders mean that those buildings and those soldiers are operating under MARITIME LAW...not the constitution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please see these easy to find GOOGLE images of FASCI (THE fascist symbol). Hitler and the NAZI's used them...and guess what?? now, so does your US SENATE....you can also see them at the LINCOLN memorial...his arms are resting on them...as if to say...I rest my philosophy upon these symbols..it's also on your DIME......it's all in very plain view....but we do nothing...and by doing nothing...we give the fascists permission to do whatever they want...

get used to it folks...you live in a fascist country....it's not my opinion...it is all over your congress walls...

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&biw=1028&bih=614&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=fasci&btnG=Search&oq=fasci&aq=f&aqi=g9g-s1&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=2266l2266l0l1l1l0l0l0l0l625l625l5-1l1

ummm....cheers and have a nice day...enjoy the freedoms of today...

This will never happen! Didnt someone posted a weeks ago about an article from australia banning guns, citizens turned in guns but criminals didn't. Crimes rate went up across the country because of that!

precisely.

• Upvote 2