Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Through Gods eyes

Heavyduty053

Over 2000 years ago a man we call our savior, our lord was mercilessly beaten, nailed to a cross and cursed by the people who stood around him laughing , mocking him calling him a false prophet and a blasphemer. I am sure GOD had to turn his head as his only son suffered. The people enjoyed the entertainment of watching a man suffering a slow painful death. They had already made him carry that heavy cross a long ways in preperation to tire him out so when the nails where placed at just the right places his weight would tear against his hands and feet. This was a speciality in that day because it would tear tendons and ligiments causing shock inside the body from pain but not enough to kill quickly. This art was supposed to be for a slow and painful death.

Throught the minds of the people Satan had caused hatred and thought that killing him would destroy the perfect plan for mankind. As jesus hang there his mind was on us. He was able to look down thru the eons of time and see his childrens faces, those not born yet and knew that the purpose for the cross had to be otherwise we had no eternal chance for heaven. His sacrifice as horrible as it was was for us. He could have called down 10,000 angels from heaven and slew everyone that hated him but he knew the path he had to take. When he said Father forgive them they know not what they are doing, those simple words gave us forgiveness for our ignorance and when he drawed his last breath he sealed it with the father forevers. All he ask of us is to love him and respect him and treat our fellow man as we ourselves want to be treated. Even tho he died that day and gave satan delight the grave was not to be his keeper. He ascinded back to the father after three days to take his rightful place on the throne. He took posession of earth that day and everything in it belongs to him. One day we will all see the face of the one who hung on that cross and we will see the nail scars that bore our forgiveness. Those who turly believe and are not ashamed of him or his children will have a place with him when the time comes. Father we are so thankful that you were kind enough to share with us the blessings of your good nature. As our lives have proved it we don't deserve the forgiveness that you grace us with. We ask for this forgiveness and we ask that you change our lives make our paths straight and our choices true, in your honor be the glory........AMEN

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Over 2000 years ago a man we call our savior, our lord was mercilessly beaten, nailed to a cross and cursed by the people who stood around him laughing , mocking him calling him a false prophet and a blasphemer. I am sure GOD had to turn his head as his only son suffered. The people enjoyed the entertainment of watching a man suffering a slow painful death. They had already made him carry that heavy cross a long ways in preperation to tire him out so when the nails where placed at just the right places his weight would tear against his hands and feet. This was a speciality in that day because it would tear tendons and ligiments causing shock inside the body from pain but not enough to kill quickly. This art was supposed to be for a slow and painful death.

Throught the minds of the people Satan had caused hatred and thought that killing him would destroy the perfect plan for mankind. As jesus hang there his mind was on us. He was able to look down thru the eons of time and see his childrens faces, those not born yet and knew that the purpose for the cross had to be otherwise we had no eternal chance for heaven. His sacrifice as horrible as it was was for us. He could have called down 10,000 angels from heaven and slew everyone that hated him but he knew the path he had to take. When he said Father forgive them they know not what they are doing, those simple words gave us forgiveness for our ignorance and when he drawed his last breath he sealed it with the father forevers. All he ask of us is to love him and respect him and treat our fellow man as we ourselves want to be treated. Even tho he died that day and gave satan delight the grave was not to be his keeper. He ascinded back to the father after three days to take his rightful place on the throne. He took posession of earth that day and everything in it belongs to him. One day we will all see the face of the one who hung on that cross and we will see the nail scars that bore our forgiveness. Those who turly believe and are not ashamed of him or his children will have a place with him when the time comes. Father we are so thankful that you were kind enough to share with us the blessings of your good nature. As our lives have proved it we don't deserve the forgiveness that you grace us with. We ask for this forgiveness and we ask that you change our lives make our paths straight and our choices true, in your honor be the glory........AMEN

AMEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Over 2000 years ago a man we call our savior, our lord was mercifully beaten, nailed to a cross and cursed by the people who stood around him laughing , mocking him calling him a false prophet and a blasphemer. I am sure GOD had to turn his head as his only son suffered. The people enjoyed the entertainment of watching a man suffering a slow painful death. They had already made him carry that heavy cross a long ways in preperation to tire him out so when the nails where placed at just the right places his weight would tear against his hands and feet. This was a speciality in that day because it would tear tendons and ligiments causing shock inside the body from pain but not enough to kill quickly. This art was supposed to be for a slow and painful death.

Heavy,

I think you meant to say, "mercilessly" not "mercifully." I doubt anyone has ever been beaten mercifully...kind of an oxymoron.

• Upvote 2

Mercilessly or mercifully who cares we get the big picture, AMEN!!!!! Brother.

Actually, there are many faithful believers who have no clue as to the extent that Jesus was beaten. It is said that he would have been unrecognizable due to the extreme punishment he withstood. Regardless of your opinion of Mel Gibson, his portrayal of Christ being beaten "mercilessly" in "The Passion" left an image of Jesus forever burned into my mind. Therefore, the choice of "mercifully" vs "mercilessly" carries a great weight as to the point that Heavyduty was trying to make. I just wanted to make sure that it was pointed out for those who may have taken it literally as mercifully, when clearly, it was anything but merciful. The fact that Jesus knew in advance that he was going to endure that punishment in order to offer salvation to those who were mocking him, boggles my mind.

• Upvote 5

Actually, there are many faithful believers who have no clue as to the extent that Jesus was beaten. It is said that he would have been unrecognizable due to the extreme punishment he withstood. Regardless of your opinion of Mel Gibson, his portrayal of Christ being beaten "mercilessly" in "The Passion" left an image of Jesus forever burned into my mind. Therefore, the choice of "mercifully" vs "mercilessly" carries a great weight as to the point that Heavyduty was trying to make. I just wanted to make sure that it was pointed out for those who may have taken it literally as mercifully, when clearly, it was anything but merciful. The fact that Jesus knew in advance that he was going to endure that punishment in order to offer salvation to those who were mocking him, boggles my mind.

Well said F16 typo error.

• Upvote 1

I see your point, but there could be that chance that the Roman guards that were in charge of Jesus's beating and execution, may have been true believers in Jesus and beat him so badly that he would not suffer so long on The Cross; and that would have been merciful. I know its far out there, but one may never know, tell your time is over.

• Downvote 1

I see your point, but there could be that chance that the Roman guards that were in charge of Jesus's beating and execution, may have been true believers in Jesus and beat him so badly that he would not suffer so long on The Cross; and that would have been merciful. I know its far out there, but one may never know, tell your time is over.

That's what we do to him everytime we sin; we beat him mercilessly so we are able reconcile that his time on the cross was not such a big deal. Let me ask you, as a true believer, would you have beaten Christ to a pulp so that he wouldn't suffer on the cross? Actually, at the time he was being beaten, the soldiers had no idea he was even going to the cross. As far as they knew, he was only supposed to be beaten and released. The crucifixion wasn't in the picture until Pilot presented him back to the Pharasees. But, lets not quibble over what may or may not have been...fact is, he suffered and died for US. We are not worthy.

• Upvote 6

That's what we do to him everytime we sin; we beat him mercilessly so we are able reconcile that his time on the cross was not such a big deal. Let me ask you, as a true believer, would you have beaten Christ to a pulp so that he wouldn't suffer on the cross? Actually, at the time he was being beaten, the soldiers had no idea he was even going to the cross. As far as they knew, he was only supposed to be beaten and released. The crucifixion wasn't in the picture until Pilot presented him back to the Pharasees. But, lets not quibble over what may or may not have been...fact is, he suffered and died for US. We are not worthy.

Amen and thank God for his grace and mercy. Let us be mindful of the good we can possibly do for God's Kingdom and mankind when this blessing transpires.

• Upvote 1

No I could have not done that to him, and I always shall believe; so is this whole dinar thing a test to see if we beat him more, I'm sure it will not all go for the good, so I guess the beatings unfortunately keep going? Its tough to dig ones self out of holes, I suppose if one understands the true sacrifice Jesus will understand us and things we do right or wrong.

No I could have not done that to him, and I always shall believe; so is this whole dinar thing a test to see if we beat him more, I'm sure it will not all go for the good, so I guess the beatings unfortunately keep going? Its tough to dig ones self out of holes, I suppose if one understands the true sacrifice Jesus will understand us and things we do right or wrong.

I don't think it is necessarily a test to see if we will beat him more, but I think it is definitely a test of which god we put our trust in, money or the true living God. There will be quite a few who will lose site of why they got involved in this journey, I hope I'm not one of them. I'm reminded of all of the child actors/actresses with such promise who end up on the crap heap after their lives RV'ed (Linsey Lohan and Britney Spears come to mind). It will be easy to lose our focus if this investment becomes what it could potentially become. I probably spend more time than I should thinking about who I could bless if our investment RV'ed into the unimaginable. I know my wife is sick and tired of hearing the term, "post RV." But I think it actually helps to keep me grounded by thinking of friends and acquaintances who are in need that I may be able to help and not what additions I can put on my house, where I will travel to, and what kind of car I will buy.

• Upvote 1

I see your optimism on this but i believe there was only one roman centurian that ask jesus to remember him when he enters into his kingdom.

Could we with ink the ocean fill,

And were the skies of parchment made,

Were every stalk on earth a quill,

And every man a scribe by trade;

To write the love of God above

Would drain the ocean dry;

Nor could the scroll contain the whole,

Though stretched from sky to sky.

Blessings,

Texhad

• Upvote 2

Heavy...great post and something we all need to remember. You were one of the first responders to my wifes health issue and thanks again . Prayer is not only powerful but is something every person should do and not just once a day or when something is needed or when trouble is brewing. GOD Bless you and yours and all the other wonderful folks here. Cheers :)