Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Black Hole Forum

usndiver

First off I want to say hats off to all of the moderators here at DV, thanks for doing a great job out here.

I am proposing a new tool for the Moderators. I believe that a new forum, titled "Black Hole", is needed. This would be a perfect remedy for the Mod's as far getting rid of the ridiculous, offensive and abusive garbage posted by trolls and others that lack respect for DV and it's members. A Mod would simply replace the text of the offender with "Moved to Black Hole", "deposit" the removed post or topic into the Black Hole forum for record keeping. Now I'm sure some of the trolls would look at this as a badge of honor, so to remedy this the powers that be would make a three strikes and your out rule. This isn't about free speech, this is a private website and I am sure there are a lot of vets on here that end up rolling their eyes at some of the "posts" out here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Its almost an appealing option since so many newbies have surfaced with such negativity and sarcasm. Its like the bus dropped them all off at once.

But, I tune them out and keep reading the veterans of this site, that have good, fact based information and overlook the other~~~

• Upvote 1

So in essence, you want a forum devoid of any other logic except the fairy tales where the IQD HAS to RV in the range of $3.xx because that is "what Kuwait did" .....and you don't want any other views or to read and analyze the EXTREME possibility of a LOP as has been explained 50000 times on various forums including this one.....do I have that right???

Sounds GREAT...while we are in the process of living in "happy land" why don't we suggest a Stop Off Point on the forum where everyone can go and pick up their Shiny New Pony made out of Ice Cream and Sunshine? :rolleyes:

Slade,

once again you have missed the point. Feeling guilty about something? My point is that, as of recent, posts about politics, conspiracy theories, sexual orientation , blah blah blah are choking the boards here. Did I make any reference to squashing debate about LOP and low rates? Now go back to your greasy little keyboard and leer at the screen. Did you ever see the movie "Wedding Crashers"? I picture you as Todd Cleary, the son that painted the pictures, when he gives everyone the attitude and dirty look.

By the way the "Black Hole Forum" was purely meant as humor.

• Upvote 1

Slade, I don't think that's what the original idea was. There's really no reason for anyone to be abusive, offensive or overly sarcastic in disagreeing with another on this forum, regardless of their point of view. I think we can disagree without the overly emotional rhetoric that the bashers seem to love to indulge in.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but overheated rhetoric simply in the name of disagreement adds nothing to the conversation.

A very wise person once said that staying angry at someone was like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die.

While I don't completely agree with the original proposal, I do think there needs to be some more rigorous enforcement with regard to disrespectful conduct.

• Upvote 4

Probably yes, it's just taking up space, but at least it's not about me sitting with a tin foil hat and pondering the implications of some make believe world conspiracy.

Now you gotta admit that the Wedding Crasher reference was funny!

Creepy, true.

Man some of you guys really have problems picking what you want

to read because if it is not to your liking you want it lock down.

That is not what we call the freedom of speech if you don't like

something or agreed with it you don't have to respond back just

move on as I do.

Now I do agreed somethings do need a response because it may

come from your heart even if you're wrong but it is how you feel.

• Upvote 3

This is a forum for investing in the currency of Iraq. I don't believe it was ever intended for ones religious, political, sexual, social or whatever views. I prefer to stay on point.

I love how the whole freedom of speech mantra is thrown out here. DV is a privately owned site that allows members and non-members to read and contribute, that is a privelege, not a right.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm simply stating the obvious. There are milions of other sites that are dedicated to the aforementioned subjects listed above.

• Upvote 1

This is a forum for investing in the currency of Iraq. I don't believe it was ever intended for ones religious, political, sexual, social or whatever views. I prefer to stay on point.

I love how the whole freedom of speech mantra is thrown out here. DV is a privately owned site that allows members and non-members to read and contribute, that is a privelege, not a right.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm simply stating the obvious. There are milions of other sites that are dedicated to the aforementioned subjects listed above.

You are right, and right on!

[b]Unfortunately this is the kind of wisdom[/b] that isn't going to be soaked up like a sponge by people, it is going to be drop to the ground like rain off a ducks back. So, to get you point across, and please keep trying, please, please, please ... you are going to have to keep saying it over and over ... and I for one don't mind hearing it over and over. That way I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with a private site and forum specifically designed for a certain limited range of interests.

Thanks for your great post!/b]!

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3

There's some real pettiness here! One can debate statements of others without getting personal. All is needed is a simple statement of facts. If you don't get the idea, here's an example: Instead of saying, "You IDIOT, what do you know about such-and-such".....or, " You are comparing things that don't have any bearing to each other, get real!"

You can simply state your opinion or the actual facts, as you interpret them, or as you believe them to be......nuff said. Be nice!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Why don't you make a productive post."

I would suggest you give that a try ayahuasca. Seems all you do is criticize other people's posts, yet you really have nothing productive to say. Stop complaining about everyone else's posts.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You most likely just disagree with what I have to say. If you do your research, I make plenty of them.

Well i did and your -136 rep says it all. I read as much as I had time for, you have nothing to say, other than to criticize.

• Upvote 1

There's some real pettiness here! One can debate statements of others without getting personal. All is needed is a simple statement of facts. If you don't get the idea, here's an example: Instead of saying, "You IDIOT, what do you know about such-and-such".....or, " You are comparing things that don't have any bearing to each other, get real!"

You can simply state your opinion or the actual facts, as you interpret them, or as you believe them to be......nuff said. Be nice!

I don't understand why would anyone neg this post? (evened you out).

OMG !!! ENOUGH ALREADY. Good Grief People.

This is all about 2 things - Attitude/Language and Topics/Subject Matter.

Number one - What's needed is simple Civility and Thoughtful Comments.

Stop with the juvinile trash talk. You can be humorous without being a jerk.

Number two - RE: Topics, I thought "Everything Off Topic" was the place for

everything not related directly to The Dinar. My two favorite topics of study

and discussion happen to be politics and religion. I've found that I'm not

alone there and have thoroughly enjoyed a couple of good dialogs with

others on this forum. After all, we're all here for the same reason, the Dinar,

but while we're here why can't we meet others of like mind and have a place

to interact INTELLIGENTLY.

Well i did and your -136 rep says it all. I read as much as I had time for, you have nothing to say, other than to criticize.

What you consider criticism I consider articulate opposing opinion! As for the -136 it says nothing, as I have observed that any disagreement or opposition to your beliefs in a forum of mostly extreme conservatives will be negged. The pretty little green+ usually go to the people who think the same as you! Have a good day!smile.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

"Why don't you make a productive post."

I would suggest you give that a try ayahuasca. Seems all you do is criticize other people's posts, yet you really have nothing productive to say. Stop complaining about everyone else's posts.

Very well said as he is always trying to get people upset but he doesn't bother me a bit.lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What you consider criticism I consider articulate opposing opinion! As for the -136 it says nothing, as I have observed that any disagreement or opposition to your beliefs in a forum of mostly extreme conservatives will be negged. The pretty little green+ usually go to the people who think the same as you! Have a good day!smile.gif

Give us all a break. Articulate opposing opinion? -136 says nothing? True articulate, opposing opinion would not lead to this "score". Nice attempt with the zing on conservatives as well. IMO the tone of your post supports my hypothesis that you lack any credibility in the arena of honest discourse.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You must be another conservative that likes to make up the rules but does not abide by them! Perhaps if the conservative that keeps whining would bring some substantive, thought out ideas of their own instead of rhetoric,some which has been debunked, there would be no need for your well thought out plan of a "black hole"! As for your opinions or hypothesis about my credibility, or honesty you know where you can stick them! :D

I reserve my substantive posts for the VIP forums, in the past I have ranted on kool aid drinkers, but I saw the error of my ways and chose to keep my opinions to myself. As I posted previously in this thread, there are other sites in the blogosphere where you and your ilk can exchange "articulate opinions". Good luck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1